"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Finding the red bull quite fun the racing is hilarious and I'm making good ground from starting with no qualy time however I've screwed myself every race bar one the corner before tetre rouge by getting a bit eager on the throttle with worn tyres. Managed a win and a couple of seconds after getting dropped to low s sr but back into high s for the next one.

Finding the red bull quite fun the racing is hilarious and I'm making good ground from starting with no qualy time however I've screwed myself every race bar one the corner before tetre rouge by getting a bit eager on the throttle with worn tyres. Managed a win and a couple of seconds after getting dropped to low s sr but back into high s for the next one.

It is genuinely hilarious. The first slot I spent the whole race giggling like a school kid as car after car just went into spins without any one close by. At one point coming out of the second chicane on Hunadieres all 3 cars in front of me either spun or hit the wall . It was like I had a snow plow running 2 seconds ahead of me just brushing cars aside to let me through.

Honestly just the funniest race.

These Red Bull raves are total meme fodder. The cars are sketchy enough to control, then have people trying racing moves that dont work well in High Downforce cars is crazy. Had lots of people draft past me and then swerve directly in front of me at the braking zone. C'mon, what do they think is going to happen? I brake early expecting it now, but still end up tapping them about 50pct of the time.

Still quite fun. I enjoy Le Sarthe any time it comes up, and while I'm annoyed at some of my track limit penalties it is always fun to have a race like this where keeping it on track and finishing is this big a challenge.

Good to see fellow GTP drivers out there as well. Be careful and easy on the throttle there.

These Red Bull raves are total meme fodder. The cars are sketchy enough to control, then have people trying racing moves that dont work well in High Downforce cars is crazy. Had lots of people draft past me and then swerve directly in front of me at the braking zone. C'mon, what do they think is going to happen? I brake early expecting it now, but still end up tapping them about 50pct of the time.

Still quite fun. I enjoy Le Sarthe any time it comes up, and while I'm annoyed at some of my track limit penalties it is always fun to have a race like this where keeping it on track and finishing is this big a challenge.

Good to see fellow GTP drivers out there as well. Be careful and easy on the throttle there.
Good to see you out of there mate. Hope I didn't cause you too many issues was trying real hard to stay out of your bumper and then the guy in front of you was driving like he was in a GT3 car. Actually managed to keep the thing pointed in the right direction that last race.

Good to see you out of there mate. Hope I didn't cause you too many issues was trying real hard to stay out of your bumper and then the guy in front of you was driving like he was in a GT3 car. Actually managed to keep the thing pointed in the right direction that last race.
You were all good, and fun seeing you out there again.
Knew I could trust you not to send it anywhere too crazy. The other guy not so much. I accidentally bumped him in a braking zone so I think he was upset. I made my own mistakes pushing the chicanes and the curves. I'm still having a blast out there figuring how these things go and where you can push them.

Found my race for the week. Interlagos can go away for now. Always good to see you back out there.

For Race C you have to push BB forward and you cannot, I repeat, CANNOT power out until straight. If you can keep it balanced it’s very stable. I had a guy trying to spin me for 3 full laps and the worst I got were some minor overshoots from his punts.

Once everyone gets a handle on the car I think it will be ok. In the meantime, free DR if you can keep it on track.
How far forward? Yes I knew some of what I was doing wrong, but knowing and fixing are 2 different things.

How far forward? Yes I knew some of what I was doing wrong, but knowing and fixing are 2 different things.
I'm running BB 3 to front and actually using TCS 1 through and out of corners and turning it off in about 4th gear down the longer straights and back on before hitting the brakes. Found it helps with stability. These things go through Porsche curves almost flat.

I actually managed it flat a couple of times using the side g force to wipe a bit of speed off in the right hander and double left before dropping one gear while holding it flat for the next right if you get the mark right you can turn it at the last left and get the inside tyre over the kerb.

6B76E476-DF76-43B9-962B-80B9330EB7A3.jpeg
Daily C … I’ve been reset account in a few races going for the back…. Nice 😂

Actually qualified(1:31.142) in the RSR, for Interlagos. First slot. Started 6th. Finished 4th9behind a 3rd placed RSR, P1 was a WRX and P2 an AMG GT). Those AMGs just slide everywhere.
Had a Genesis and AMG GT ahead of me. They were both a bit sloppy. Genesis nearly speared into the left hand wall after T4. The AMG was accelerating with so much slidey understeer. I was patient and dispatched it after the PZ. Pulled away and it got hounded by the cars behind. Missed FL by .005. Comfortable car to drive.

Last edited:
Had a nice race with a last corner win to round out the week. Hard racing but nothing hostile. PD needs one or two more ovals. SSRX is poo and Northern Isle is smaller than Bristol, they just need a 1.5mile cookie cutter and a superspeedway

If only there were other ovals they could use...especially one located in Japan so it would hopefully see a lot of use in the game. Maybe spice it up by having both turns being very different from each other...🤔

And how about another track like Broad Bean that's a road course that drives like an oval? But maybe make it much larger and even faster. Maybe some sort of High Speed Ring.

PD would never do either of those though...

You have to watch out for turn 4. ;)

WhatTurn4.png
That's what I was doing wrong.
Had a nice race with a last corner win to round out the week. Hard racing but nothing hostile. PD needs one or two more ovals. SSRX is poo and Northern Isle is smaller than Bristol, they just need a 1.5mile cookie cutter and a superspeedway

Go Away GIF

There are enough ovals and Daytona will add a further one on to GT7.
There is a lack of decent tracks in GT in America and when thinking about hosting championships it's usually between BMBIA or Laguna. As Laguna comes up frequently in Sport mode I usually go for BMBIA to be different. Plus Laguna is funny with the Hillbilly Air Force of cropdusters giving a flyby. Hopefully a few more of the GT circuits apart from Trail Mountain return in GT7 to give America a bit more of a flavour.

Go Away GIF

There is a lack of decent tracks in GT in America and when thinking about hosting championships it's usually between BMBIA or Laguna. As Laguna comes up frequently in Sport mode I usually go for BMBIA to be different. Plus Laguna is funny with the Hillbilly Air Force of cropdusters giving a flyby. Hopefully a few more of the GT circuits apart from Trail Mountain return in GT7 to give America a bit more of a flavour.
I've always considered Grand Valley Speedway to be located somewhere in the USA although to my knowledge we've heard no announcement of its return in GT7.

If only there were other ovals they could use...especially one located in Japan so it would hopefully see a lot of use in the game. Maybe spice it up by having both turns being very different from each other...🤔

And how about another track like Broad Bean that's a road course that drives like an oval? But maybe make it much larger and even faster. Maybe some sort of High Speed Ring.

PD would never do either of those though...

High speed ring is fine but for ovals they don't even need to scan Motegi, they just have to look at any oval track design, its not rocket science.

Unfortunately they can't grasp this because PD designs tracks around gimmicks, when ovals more than any other circuits are based on subtle differences.

Go Away GIF

With PDs resources they are more than capable of adding enough road courses and ovals. I'd be fine with the number of ovals they have in GT Sport if 3/4 of them resembled a real oval that you can pass at.

Last edited:
Probably won't happen due to licensing I'm guessing, but I'd be happy with just 1 oval in the game, Indianapolis. And I would love an original brick version. :lol:

OIP.mai8H_yJrjOXRlViT3FuQgHaEK
It was in GT6 (and I think 5 too). No reason they couldn't bring it back to GT7. I'd actually forgotten about it. Despite it being an oval, I never did race it much...

It was in GT6 (and I think 5 too). No reason they couldn't bring it back to GT7. I'd actually forgotten about it. Despite it being an oval, I never did race it much...

Not because I think it's the best or anything, most others were built after and improved on the concept. It is the most well known.

Also today I learned there's a Dayton Speedway, in Dayton Ohio. I wonder how many people showed up there by accident? :lol:

Back