"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Bit torn seeing you guys at RBR, it is, by a margin, my best track. But I would have to hand my passport in if I didn't run Bafurst.

Despite being a Holden man, I will run this livery tonight 👌

5197158447692416048_23.jpg

I will also run the following one, this car ran, at one point, with a driver that has the same last name as me.

6773431500607062560_23.jpg

Last edited:
You can run both...
I ain't got no time for that. I am in A+/A rooms so if I am not ABSOLUTELY ON IT I get totally smoked. Frankly even if I am on it i often get smoked 😒

WRX underrated at Bathurst, like NGP this track is heavily biased towards good exits, which the WRX excels at. A lot of the Group 4 cars get taily from mcphillamy through Forrests elbow, I can just go HOWLING in with the WRX. Maybe tyre wear will be the issue in race? I cannot get the M4 to behave itself into the dipper.

Last night the fastest Americas lap was in the M4 and I have never seen, in near 3 years, a messier fastest lap on the leaderboard. I mean he was neater than me but it was untidy.

Last edited:
Yesterday’s racing was quite funny.
An American streamer ahead got elbowed out of line the final lap at Griffins.
I was in hot pursuit and annihilated the perpetrator of evil at the Cutting.
I found it quite funny. Don’t mess with the good guys-often they have support!
It was a most ripping victory!

#supportingcleanracingbyforce

I personally think its one of these "undocumented changes" that PD is doing in an effort to use GTS as a test ground for new features in GT7. This change would make sense for a daily 'c' for FIA event which has tire wear.....being that tire degradation is highly influenced by track temps.
Ok, that makes sense to me, I never noticed until just yesterday. I'll just need to pay more attention to how my car handles going forward and adjust accordingly.

People just gotta stop. I mean don’t they know who I am?

That dude is not very bright. I haven’t seen him in a while, but he used to be a serial dirty driver.

I’m a particular fan of flashing the lights after he’s tried , and failed, to run you off the road.
The guy who cares about black carbon products - a total troll. He plays head games in the chat. He is on my "list of 3" that I have purposely punted.

Had a few runs last night running from the back on my alt at Bathurst. Nothing really ugly, just messy and scruffy at times. Especially in the back where people are braking in all sorts of random places over the mountain. Makes it a challenge to keep on your toes.

Did have run ins with 2 drivers in the last lap of 1 race. I got launched into a reset twice in the first lap so ended up running from way further back than I expected. Was up in p5 when I got a bad run out of hell corner and a guy got beside me. I stayed on the outside heading in to turn 2 waiting to see if he braked early. Nope, moved over to take the main line and ran me off where I spun to the wall for a reset. Heading down conrod i get a run on a different driver and he defends inside, fine, I take the outside heading for the kink. Nope, just moves over for the regular line and slams me off.

Both muppets claiming it is my fault since I am on the outside and therefore must brake and give them a free pass. Garbage, both cars have to leave room, and as it is the last lap it was worth fighting, especially as holding it would have given me the inside for the following corner in both cases. Next race I took the second driver 2 wide through the kink on lap 1 just to be a prick, but kept us both on track. If nothing else than to prove you could do it.

Might need to try some X-bow after I get done making my tires cry in FIA tonight

Then I went to race B on my main account, raced twice, punted off twice, finished DFL twice and lost 1,000 DR for my efforts. A/S lobbies aren't all they're cracked up to be.
I agree. Doing RBR because I hate Bathurst. But it's nice when vigilantes team up. I have no reason to qualify further ahead today. Might just pick on the American in front of me until he gives up for the night.

Then I went to race B on my main account, raced twice, punted off twice, finished DFL twice and lost 1,000 DR for my efforts. A/S lobbies aren't all they're cracked up to be.
I kinda like B S racing overall. I kinda wish sometimes I hadn’t ever put time and effort into being more serious about it.
A S lots of times is super dirty. There’s lots of players who have the control to shove to pass baby punt etc. Then you’ve got blockers also.
It can be very frustrating trying to get in a good race due to the try hard mentality. For myself I have found on main and you want to rank up and try hard do this:

Run qual laps, but never reset, if you crash, struggle on DONT just pause-keep lapping until lap after lap your times are within tenths.
Then focus on the q lap hotlap. Find the best for you q car and take a few hours on it. Then go back to the car you will race and lap lap lap.
If you get to 2 seconds or inside that gap to the bottom of the top ten on NA at least you’re good to go.
Race clean. No mistakes. Never do anyone dirty. Just press onward.
Never overtake outside unless you know the player. Your q should have you in good position to hold points long as you don’t crash
Good luck

Race depends as well. Really a flip of the switch, coin, planets aligning, all that. Figured RBR would be dirty(yeah, it's early days), I saw some silly moves, but it's not like a Gr.4 RCZ fest at RBR. Just a lift of the throttle, for a moment, can save your race.
I'm not even racing to move up. Mainly racing to see how competitive each car goes in my hands. The opportunities are there. So, I'm going to do my best to keep pace. If I see I can't keep pace in any of the rest of the cars I run, I'll back off.

Race depends as well. Really a flip of the switch, coin, planets aligning, all that. Figured RBR would be dirty(yeah, it's early days), I saw some silly moves, but it's not like a Gr.4 RCZ fest at RBR. Just a lift of the throttle, for a moment, can save your race.
I'm not even racing to move up. Mainly racing to see how competitive each car goes in my hands. The opportunities are there. So, I'm going to do my best to keep pace. If I see I can't keep pace in any of the rest of the cars I run, I'll back off.
It’s true and everyone needs to face it that getting overtaken happens. It’s no big deal.
Lots of problems happen near “that guy” who wants to block to hold tenth place…
For those who are looking at rank, look long term. A few spots in one event online are meaningless overall (practically)
Look at it as your goal is just gain positive points each race.
It will happen if you qualify decent, race clean, and don’t beat yourself.
Make small gains and never have big minus numbers.
You might not make A plus tomorrow but over time you will improve and maybe get close.
Crashes and penalties and quits are huge minus numbers.
overall have fun! It’s like these boards, we post for fun we race for fun.
At the end of the day that’s all that matters.

Just because you can put your car in an opening doesn’t mean you should.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
We as gamers have liberty. Liberty to have fun.

Last edited:
Fun was me and a Brazilian tag teaming the scum who screwed us in the previous race. Like, what did he think was gonna happen? Self policing at its finest.

But, yeah, my end goal is always top ten. That way, even if I started pole, I don't get too upset over some things. But I do rage quit a fair bit. 32 quits in 340 total races. Probably two or three of those were disconnects.

I kinda like B S racing overall. I kinda wish sometimes I hadn’t ever put time and effort into being more serious about it.
A S lots of times is super dirty. There’s lots of players who have the control to shove to pass baby punt etc. Then you’ve got blockers also.
It can be very frustrating trying to get in a good race due to the try hard mentality. For myself I have found on main and you want to rank up and try hard do this:

Run qual laps, but never reset, if you crash, struggle on DONT just pause-keep lapping until lap after lap your times are within tenths.
Then focus on the q lap hotlap. Find the best for you q car and take a few hours on it. Then go back to the car you will race and lap lap lap.
If you get to 2 seconds or inside that gap to the bottom of the top ten on NA at least you’re good to go.
Race clean. No mistakes. Never do anyone dirty. Just press onward.
Never overtake outside unless you know the player. Your q should have you in good position to hold points long as you don’t crash
Good luck
Sage advice, good sir. Actually kind of what I've been doing and why I practiced so long without racing online. Next step is to break bad habits from chasing top 10 times and improve consistency.

Improved my qualifying time by .3 seconds from my previous best time the last time this combo happened which has me quite happy. Sitting at a 1:29.6XX and that should put me somewhere in the mid pack from what I remember from last time. Should be a good time tomorrow as I have decent results from the RBR every time I race there.

Spent yesterday getting to know RBR and today using a little firmer brake pedal and force settings because the non linear pedal input still bugs me. Actually developed a pretty good pace for 10 laps within .3 and the new pedal feels great.

I had to rethink alot of my settings since my first online races and it seems to be going in the right direction. Perhaps I'll get a win this week. No biggie if I don't. I still have a lot to learn.

After 3 months of building and adjusting this rig almost daily it's so damn nice to sit down and focus on driving and making fine adjustments.

Tried more cars.....

Viper: feels dog slow, stop watch says I am right. No idea how you guys use this thing.

Merc: rear wants to come around, cannot attack corners in it.

Jag: not bad at all, just not the same turn in as best cars

Hyindai: meh

Stang: not bad, just cannot find that last half a second.

Aston: the absolute sleeper imho, feels fantastic, hearing is great, if i got it all right id turn a mid to low 13.

I entered just one race, used the wrx. Tough as nails room crawling with A+ drivers, I am on 39k points and was the 3rd lowest ranked driver. Held my own mid pack around 11th, good pace. WRX definately down on power so one has to absolutely chuck it in through corners, hit the gas hard and hope. Did not feel tyre wear was bad at all. Finished 10th.

Had the misfortune to drop SR from 99 to 96. I thought "3 points won't make a difference" was I ever wrong.
Showing and pushing to pass in the Cutting and the esses, blocking on straights and dive bombing galore.

But, with some careful driving I emerged back at SR99 with no loss in DR.
Next race was brilliant, good hard fight first 4 laps, then p1 was a long way ahead and I pulled away from p3 by almost 2 seconds.
Last lap, last corner every single marker are gone, I misjudged my braking and go off. So finish as p3 by my own device...
PS_App_20210901_083901~2.jpeg
PS_App_20210901_083904~2.jpeg

Edit: back in the Volt Racing car for visibility now.
5413336662898902553_23.jpg

Last edited:
Back