"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
This is my week at Spa until today when everyone seemed to have outqualified himself with me starting mid-pack.

Aaaand as you know mid-pack = chaos

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210614184200.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210614194258.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210616212236.jpg

Next week’s dailies:

Race A: N200 @ BB Raceway | 10 laps | SM
Race B: Gr.4 @ Interlagos | 4 laps | RM
Race C: Gr.3 @ Catalunya | 10 laps | RS/RM | Tyres x8 | Fuel x2
Yes. Mustang time. I'll be no qualy next week on the main, for B&C. Still testing my pace for next FIA.

Out of curiosity, what kind of starting position were you getting on the NA grids? I only had time for five qualify laps today and managed a 27.6 and I don't really want to try any further because qualifying is boring on tracks I'm already familiar with. GTBlade tells me nada.
Sorry for late answer. P4, p5, p4, p8

Likely the Miata TC. Not a bad choice. But for once, can we get race compound tires on N-class cars? The Miata TC is dressed like a race car, I want race tires on it.
I've been doing some racing on it with racing tyres. Handles beautifully. We had the MX-5 the other week so I'd hope it was different this time around.

I’m licking my chops.

Edit also re the move there’s no need to do like that guy and go dirty. From that far inside, the attacker is so compromised that the move won’t stick if the defender maintains. So to me when that move rears it’s head it’s like really? That’s where I say not illegal doesn’t mean respectful.

exactly my thought in that move. If I was in the defenders position, I would have just hugged the inside, taking the apex away. Doesn’t matter how many “Cole Trickle’s” the guy behind me does. His move ain’t gonna stick with my car in the apex

I've been doing some racing on it with racing tyres. Handles beautifully. We had the MX-5 the other week so I'd hope it was different this time around.

an MX5 with race mediums or hards is one of my favorite cars to mess around in. Not to mention I have dreams of one day doing some MX5 cup rounds in the distant future, but until then…

Wonder if I'll make it to A this week... Hoping 3 or 4 more good races may do it?

Loving Race C - the C.O.D has been very kind to me. Got my Q time down to 1:27.05 - I could hear the plastic creaking on the DS4 controller! Starting midfield now, sticking with softs at the start and just trying to avoid all trouble.

Screenshot_20210617_235904.jpg

I, too, love Race C. A few simple adjustments to handle the mediums is all it took. In fact, I had a relatively clean race there tonight. Started 3rd and finished 5th and it was a great race.

All my other races were punting and blocking fests. It's okay. I wish them well. Surely their problems are bigger than mine.

Edit - yet another clean race and I finished 2nd. Just goes to show how bad it can be sometimes. Often.

Edit - and a win.

Last edited:
Got some footage from today from race c. Nothing spectacular but some solid races with enough clean action throughout. I've been opting to start on the softs as I find I just get a better first few laps then I can on the mediums. Pretty sure in both the races I'm sharing here most guys starting ahead of me were on mediums and I was able to keep their pace with the softs, just goes to show some of the race pace these guys have because there's no way I can turn on the mediums like that on the first lap.

Two more races for me tonight. First race start I start P10. Drivers going off track and hitting the CoD all over the place. I find myself in P3 cruising along keeping pace with P2 until I run ride coming out of the uphill chicane and spin and find myself in last place. Then I smack the CoD and fall behind the others by 6+ seconds (something like that). By that point it was only P12 as 8 drivers had dropped out. I was about to quit too, but I thought more practice under real race conditions would help me in the future. Somehow, I find myself behind P10 and P11 in the final 2 laps and hope they crash, or spin, or make some other mistake. Well, on the last lap on the final hairpin, they collide, and I get past one while the other picks up a penalty! Holy cow I finish P10 and breathe a sigh of relief.

Second race nothing too interesting happened but I start P11 this time. I just race my race and keep it clean through the whole thing. I did have some good racing with a few drivers with nothing too dirty between us, just some door banging. I find myself P4 at one point but royally mess up the esses and I just let P5 by to avoid any trouble. I gain 6 spots and as shown in my mistimed screenshot, a clean race bonus.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210617192458.jpg

I also finished 250 races online after tonight’s races. I did quit 7 others so technically I have participated in 257, but who’s counting anyway?

an MX5 with race mediums or hards is one of my favorite cars to mess around in. Not to mention I have dreams of one day doing some MX5 cup rounds in the distant future, but until then…
I’ve spoken with a friend who has such a track car IRL and it’s pretty compelling that the handling characteristics match exactly how he describes the real car. PD seem to have done a great job modeling the Miata and it’s fun track handling dynamics.

Looked forward to c race all day.
Entered and was doing well until making the mistake of passing an idiot Brazilian who ran me off at Larini.
Total scum this guy.
Nice way to go buddy you cheated and won great.

It’s not great for GTS when you can do this cheating UNPENALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, if you did that to me I would be 100% guaranteed to accidentally turn into you at the snorkel because I would be so confused by where you had disappeared to.

Someone did the dummy pass on me last week at Nurb. On the back straight, I cover the inside line forcing him on my right before the chicane. Once I saw him move to my right on the radar, my focus went back to braking point and entry. And then to my complete surprise, just before turn in, the car was there. And he made it stick.

I understand the move isn’t illegal. I think it was Ricciardo at Catalunya who did same?

The one that stood out most was Ricciardo on Vettel at Monza

Entered and was doing well until making the mistake of passing

That's too bad. I am trying to one day get to your rank to avoid this behaviour.

I've been doing quite well my last few races. Knock on wood. I guess the secret is to race instead of watching my beloved loser Blue Jays, when the kids gotta wash up and get read their bedtime stories.

Edit - I should have quit while I was ahead. This is a terrible state this game is in. Just rage quit my third race today.

Edit 2 - I still stand by the idea that the SR system is a bigger problem than the penalty system. It would probably be easier to implement than fixing the penalties.

I SHOULD NOT BE IN A RACE WITH THESE MALICIOUS INDIVIDUALS.

Last edited:
That's too bad. I am trying to one day get to your rank to avoid this behaviour.

I've been doing quite well my last few races. Knock on wood. I guess the secret is to race instead of watching my beloved loser Blue Jays, when the kids gotta wash up and get read their bedtime stories.

Edit - I should have quit while I was ahead. This is a terrible state this game is in. Just rage quit my third race today.

You can do it. And it IS way better! It’s just that sometimes a guy gets rubbed the wrong way or some of these gamers get sensitive.
Imo you can never escape the possibility of facing a cheater in any online racing game.
It is part of it. It’s a race.
Part of why I got so pissed just now is you don’t generally see people do what he did.
He was slow in the last turn, I measured him up a couple laps then took the place no contact nothing, I was just faster.
Then turn one I held position and he was always going to dive Larini but I didn’t know he was a dirty cheater or I would have known already I was racing a moron who needdd to be covered off and brakechecked…
I knocked him back down so third could catch him but I was so pissed and dirty tires I hit the stupid cod.
I was shaking I was so pissed.
I then had to add insult to my injury by not being able to race anybody for the rest of the race since I got penalized for hitting the wall.

The great thing was I think me and a guy who’ve had lots of run ins in the past kinda made nice. We left each other space no stupid swerving and blocking traded spots….

So even though I finished poorly I think I kinda settled up with that Canadian nemesis of mine. It seems we are both tired of each
others never ending paybacks and we are even right now lol.

I’ve always said if the racing can bring out that emotion, good as well as bad that means it is ENGAGING. It is a great activity to partake in regardless of level, great for the mind, and also learning some emotional control as well-in competition we learn about ourselves.

Overall it’s positive but in the moments when bad things happen I get very dramatic. Lol it is what it is. I can’t help it,

The upper levels have tons of great racing and it gets imo way way better the stricter the pen system can get…

You can do it. And it IS way better! It’s just that sometimes a guy gets rubbed the wrong way or some of these gamers get sensitive.
Imo you can never escape the possibility of facing a cheater in any online racing game.
It is part of it. It’s a race.
Part of why I got so pissed just now is you don’t generally see people do what he did.
He was slow in the last turn, I measured him up a couple laps then took the place no contact nothing, I was just faster.
Then turn one I held position and he was always going to dive Larini but I didn’t know he was a dirty cheater or I would have known already I was racing a moron who needdd to be covered off and brakechecked…
I knocked him back down so third could catch him but I was so pissed and dirty tires I hit the stupid cod.
I was shaking I was so pissed.
I then had to add insult to my injury by not being able to race anybody for the rest of the race since I got penalized for hitting the wall.

The great thing was I think me and a guy who’ve had lots of run ins in the past kinda made nice. We left each other space no stupid swerving and blocking traded spots….

So even though I finished poorly I think I kinda settled up with that Canadian nemesis of mine. It seems we are both tired of each
others never ending paybacks and we are even right now lol.

I’ve always said if the racing can bring out that emotion, good as well as bad that means it is ENGAGING. It is a great activity to partake in regardless of level, great for the mind, and also learning some emotional control as well-in competition we learn about ourselves.

Overall it’s positive but in the moments when bad things happen I get very dramatic. Lol it is what it is. I can’t help it,

The upper levels have tons of great racing and it gets imo way way better the stricter the pen system can get…
My worry is that with a way stricter penalty system, those in lower ranks who don't quite have the control the higher ranks do may be ruining the races and SR for the drivers behind/beside them. That the people who swerve block at places like turn 2 (the uphill corkscrew) will get away scott free while the innocents suffer.

In my four clean races today, it was bliss. A 5th, a 3rd, a 2nd, and a 1st. Every other race has been terribly dirty and on final lap, people don't care; they'll take the penalty to run you off because it's worth it to them. They'll remain in SR S and I'll have to see them in the next race.

I'd love a more divided SR ranking. S and even A should be clean. B only a little less so, maybe. I was thinking that all contact should be SR down. All contact, no matter how minor. Those who tend to keep their nose clean will eventually make it to S.

My worry is that with a way stricter penalty system, those in lower ranks who don't quite have the control the higher ranks do may be ruining the races and SR for the drivers behind/beside them. That the people who swerve block at places like turn 2 (the uphill corkscrew) will get away scott free while the innocents suffer.

In my four clean races today, it was bliss. A 5th, a 3rd, a 2nd, and a 1st. Every other race has been terribly dirty and on final lap, people don't care; they'll take the penalty to run you off because it's worth it to them. They'll remain in SR S and I'll have to see them in the next race.

I'd love a more divided SR ranking. S and even A should be clean. B only a little less so, maybe. I was thinking that all contact should be SR down. All contact, no matter how minor. Those who tend to keep their nose clean will eventually make it to S.

Funny, I was about to edit and agree SR system.
It simply needs to log contacts and keep a tally imo.
Every contact minor or major should be some degree of sr down.
But not pen.
Others have suggested this as well as you and I concur. :)
It’s either this game or pc. This game could be great if they do what’s right.
If not there’s iracing I guess.

Last edited:
Funny, I was about to edit and agree SR system.
It simply needs to log contacts and keep a tally imo.
Every contact minor or major should be some degree of sr down.
But not pen.
Others have suggested this as well as you and I concur. :)
It’s either this game or pc. This game could be great if they do what’s right.
If not there’s iracing I guess.
I'm spitballing here but I'm thinking one shouldn't be awarded SR up sectors unless they were driving within 1 second of another driver. It's too easy to just drop back (or ahead) and farm SR.

What a night, after qualying nicely late yesterday I was rewarded with a+ rooms but still I could hang with the a drivers. Except I COULD NOT KEEP OFF THE COD BARRIER.

So infuriating. First race twice, 2nd race 5 times after being p8 on mediums after 4 laps, and 3rd race once before i rage quit.

I'm out for the week, screw this.

Last edited:
Watching the replays is kinda stressful. These rapazes know exactly what they are doing. The final turn is a great spot to do a race ending bodycheck. They fully know about the lack of side contact penalties.

I'm going to use google translate on these mfers.

Last edited:
I'm spitballing here but I'm thinking one shouldn't be awarded SR up sectors unless they were driving within 1 second of another driver. It's too easy to just drop back (or ahead) and farm SR.

I think it’s a great idea. These ideas seem so simple no idea why they are not implemented…

Well, just now…History…I’ve had many many times given that I am excellent at saving tires the situation of being ruthlessly shoved aside by those on the softer compound.
This has happened to me so often I just tend to stay on sticky rubber early.
Well guess what?
Just now a driver that ruined 2 of my races before and made my list was ahead battling on meds early clogging up the track with ridiculous maneuvers.
I dove right in at Larini because payback.
He got outraged flashing lights all over me did the double swerve getting my inside at the Snorkel, and as he lunged in side my mind slowed.
I felt complete oneness, clarity, everything came into focus…

I just faded wide after his ridiculous Mariokart swerve, took a run on him and nudged him as he was struggling and slow with a pathetic exit and he spun as I passed.
Lol I think I was flipping him the bird virtually!!!
Man karma really came back to bite him.
I’m also done with this c nonsense this week.
Too dirty…

That's a fantastic retelling. You should consider contributing to the sports pages.

I've been starting on the mediums, even when starting way up front and that's what got me my success when I actually had some today. I think a big problem is that people push too hard on the first lap. I used to do that when I first started but I've learned. Some just choose not to learn, even though it becomes fairly obvious.

Last edited:
Entered and was doing well until making the mistake of passing an idiot Brazilian who ran me off at Larini.
Total scum this guy.
Nice way to go buddy you cheated and won great.

It’s not great for GTS when you can do this cheating UNPENALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few weeks back, I felt like I had finally found the groove. I was at 17K DR and FINALLY advancing. Then, the pen sys got tanked, and I'm slowly sinking back toward the C depths. I just can't manage the dirty drivers. I can't get safely around the Brazilian blockers or the Ecuadorian weavers. I can't get out of the way of the red letter bombers. If I try to retaliate, I end up penalized, since I'm no good at cheating. I don't know what to do any more. I just want clean races, good sportsmanship, and the return of fun. I must be asking too much.

It has to be said hitting the CoD on Dragon Trail Seaside is one of the most annoying things... on the other hand great when you get a couple of places from someone else doing it.

The funny thing I find is - if I think I am going to hit it, it happens. Mental block thing.

DTS and GR2 is a good combo. It would be funny to have a 'classic' race there, trying to weave a corvette C3 through COD would be carnage.

The funny thing I find is - if I think I am going to hit it, it happens. Mental block thing.
Sometimes nystagmus (rapid movement to the eyes) kicks in at the chicane before the COD.

i like winning races when the opponents in front kill each other while trying to go through the COD side by side :D
dude you should have covered the inside , you basically gave him the win
You're right. Perhaps I was too afraid that my mediums would overshoot the corner, making a huge mess. Speaking about huge messes, Starting out with the mediums was the worst thing I have ever done in this game.

The car didn't feel right at the first few laps and with returning faces from the Scirocco Cup at Fuji weeks ago, disaster was impending. I caused the same car to spin at the turn before the "Larini filled" turns, in two races. Respectably, he dived bombed at me at the same corner as where I lost my win yesterday with a near witness casualty.
I will upload the videos soon to see where I went wrong but for now, it's best that I skip this race before turning into public enemy No.1 in the whole of Oceania.

(Edit: I pray for Gr.3 Nürb GP to come back, it was perfect with the A/A+ lobbies than the B/A/A+ lobbies I have to face now.)

Last edited:
It has to be said hitting the CoD on Dragon Trail Seaside is one of the most annoying things... on the other hand great when you get a couple of places from someone else doing it.

DTS and GR2 is a good combo. It would be funny to have a 'classic' race there, trying to weave a corvette C3 through COD would be carnage.
It also has to be said that feeding the car into the CoD flat out is one of the most satisfying things. The CoD is where legends are made and die.

It's been a rough week for me in Race C, just can't seem to put solid races together and when I do (due to being careful), I'm way outpaced. Too bad as I love the longer races and love the GT2 cars, just not a good combo for me I guess. What @jnm23 said is 100% correct, when I go through the COD without thinking about it I can take it flat every time, even on worn tires. When there's someone on my rear and I'm thinking, "Don't screw this up" I hit it every time. I think one race yesterday I hit a piece of it for what felt like 8-9 laps. Spa is a better race for me DR wise, but I'll probably just stick with Race C because of the fun factor and sacrifice the DR. This game's about haveing fun anyway, right?

On the plus side, I felt like I needed a little old school GT in my life and made some simple Calsonic GTR & Castrol NSX liveries, classics in my opinion.

Calsonic_GTR.JPG
Castrol_NSX.JPG

Then, the pen sys got tanked, and I'm slowly sinking back toward the C depths. I just can't manage the dirty drivers

I noticed the fella I tangled with yesterday was a perpetual 35-40k player but about the time pens were loosened up he shot up to over 60k.

I’m to a point now where I’m not going to move left or right on straights the way people do trying to break tow or cover inside completely to the point it’s ridiculously far inside.
Last few races I will shade a little to inside but if a guy wants it that bad to go to track limits inside and compromise speed I’m going to do my mature countermove which is brake early fade wide romp it and get that exit.
It’s funny how it ended up last night for me. It was a Canadian I pretty much saved from the dirty American lol.
Country is meaningless. Good and bad exist in all flag colors.
As for myself I’m trying to race sparingly and professionally but sometimes things happen in the heat of the moment. This was the race after I was taken down by the player in top split after overtaking him clean for third.
I was very angry. This was the lower split A room…

F8CB69B2-7EF0-4509-A3BD-816F2BD5D036.jpeg

This is me after getting run off, shoved, and punted, but NEVER BACKING DOWN
5458E01C-364F-45C0-8402-919B4DBB1378.jpeg

These players online might not realize when facing me…I’m country…I’m not going anywhere…

Last edited:
It is shoot your TV annoying, I am a good man but I do have a short fuse over small things. I am great in a crisis, if the aliens invade i'll figure out a way to survive but if I can't do up my jacket zipper I fire a hail of profanities.

I lost it last night, lucky I was in the basement, gee I was peeved. Just frothing at the mouth peeved. Especially the second race, A+ and A drivers, top 15 separated by 1 second in qualifying (holy smokes!!) and started 11th. Sensible drivers, got to lap 4 on mediums in 8th place, looking good for a top 5 finish, solid pace, lifting a touch entering COD so playing it safe. Then WHACK. P17. Grind my way back up to 13th then WHACK again. Then again. FFS.

Last edited:
Back