"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
So,
over the weekend I performed extensive testing of the new safety rating system throughout the ranks of the NA server from 46k DR down to about 15k, at all levels of SR.
I can say with confidence that those who have taken advantage of the systems excessive leniency in recent months WILL be put in their place.
In essence penalties for contact are off, but VERY STRICT sr downs are given instead.
I like this setup.
It ought to clear a lot of the lesser skilled folks from the 99sr rooms.
I’m looking forward to this week.

Last edited:
That won't work now, since the last update it is no longer showing the SR arrows mid race.

As for track limits, my understanding was that you wouldn't lose SR but would miss out on what you would normally gain for a clean sector if you go off but don't hit any other cars.
I thought the same, and that minor taps on other cars through turns and in braking zones which didn't upset either car oin-race feedback on SR up/down it's impossible to know where the damage is coming from. 👎

The two are quite evenly matched? If so, that will be fun, as I assume they would be strong at different parts of the track.
Don't know how evenly matched TBH. It could be that some of the better drivers are bored and taking the new one out for a change.

I noticed pole in my Race was Bia_Pinkgirl who was in the new one but QT was in the old one, I think. Could be wrong, I was 10 seconds behind. 😁

I'm excited to remain at 99 SR this week but I've never done an actual race at Bathurst. I am terrible at it. My times are quite good in every sector except the hard one - the downhill. I've practiced and practiced and maybe this week I'll get it right. But I have a suspicion that the driving gets filthy in the downhill sector.

Currently in SR hell in race C especially in SR A think I'm going to need to put down a qualifying lap earlier than I planned this week to get out in clean air and get my SR back up
You can always enter the pits lap 1 if you are starting far enough back. I had to do that last time this combo came up.

First Race B from 14/15, missed qualy. Veyron ain't that nimble through the ess, but was able to hold off an RCZ until I got a .5 for too much curb at T3.
Finished 12/15 after an RCZ and Evo ahead of me, both got .5 at the final chicane.

Qualified with a 2:03.9xx in the TT. Pole, Win, FL, by 4 seconds. Surprised I pulled away from the RCZ behind. Thought it would catch me.

One race a day, keeps the heartattack at bay.

Track limits has always been reflected in SR, rather than penalties. It's only certain places you'll get a penalty for exceeding track limits, but you'll lose SR if you exceed track limits anywhere.

SR down and penalties are two different things that only sometimes interact, but they are routinely confused for each other.
Oh I was not aware of this but it makes sense of the loss of SR points

So I met this person today.

Constantly divebombed me but had a weird sense of justice to let me back past as they spun me a couple of times. I did not understand their mentality. It all seemed backwards. Cost me a bucketload of time and I obviously wasn't able to recover in a 3 lap race. WTF!

Race C is good. I like the combo. Took out the DBR9 as it has proven good in the past. Qualy 3rd, finished 3rd after the leader used softs only. :dunce:
It seems that I have gotten useless from Skyline to the Dipper the last few times we have come here. I just keep feeling the car want to go so go through so tentatively. Others are able to close the gap on me there.

Haven't run GTS in two months, and I'm all of .046 off my quali time from the last trip to the Mountain... please tell me we weren't on mediums for quali back in February? :dunce:

Wow.
Welcome to Icehurst. What did they do? “Damnit, GTS, I’m a driver, not an ice skater!”

edit I ditched the Mustang but was victorious in the DBR9. I’m not feeling Mustang this week at all…I like the ‘9’ it’s a stable platform. Racing was very clean. My race finished DBR9, GTR!, Vantage, Vette, 911…
Good luck.
Vantage will be very very strong here.
DBR9 is waay underrated though, get those exits!!!

cheers

Last edited:
Yeah what the HECK is with the grip at bathurst? I am usually inconsistent there due to the nature of the track by my goodness, what a abortion of a race i had and qualifying is an absolute lottery.

I love the merc here, always have , done more laps at bathurst in the merc than any other car n track combo. And I'm telling you, the grip is weird. Sometimes the car feels on rails then boom horrible understeer, then snap oversteer, like WHAT is going on?

I find it especially bad off throttle, at random times she just would not turn in, especially at the cutting or Forrest elbow.

It was so bad, my qualy of a 2.01.4 was set despite me butchering mcphilllamy and being down a solid 10kmh with a 204 kmh apex. Lost a solid half second so a sub 2.01 is very doable.

I dunno, what a weird, weird night.

Last edited:
Report from Race A.

This week is 70s Hollywood Icon Fantasy Camp.

There is Michael Caine and the original The Italian Job, naturally.

However, there is also the interest shown in this car by James Garner and Steve McQueen.

Here is an exerpt from driving.ca:

But the Mini’s scrappy, take-on-all-comers nature perfectly fits the Oklahoman’s fighting spirit, and it’s a great illustration of one of the more curious relationships in Garner’s life. After filming The Great Escape as a co-lead with Steve McQueen, the pair both brought back Minis to the US, where they lived close to each other in the Hollywood hills.

McQueen’s brushes with the California highway patrol were already legendary, and he and Garner used to race up and down the canyon roads in their British-built backroad bandits, hammering along the empty roads with reckless abandon.

Last edited:
Usual weekly race guide :)! Not sure what to think about this week. I think sometimes it'll be a good race and sometimes it'll be rubbish!

"I am never going to be able to spot that photograher-- oh, there he is." [BRAKE]

"Well, that was lucky but I'm sure I won't be able to repea-- oh, there he is." [BRAKE]

"There is a ghost right in front of me, I'm not even going to be able to see-- oh, there he is." [BRAKE]

Well finally got back to S and logged on as B would start so went for it. What an absolute joke, yes it's B so a short race and a little bit of barging is expected, but not this. Didn't see one driver even trying to keep it clean, none of this Senna gap **** more if there isn't a gap no matter how far back I am I'll make one.
Race C has been stupidly dirty too, but it's more the block or try and push off when overtaking rather than divebombing. Going to stick with C, some clean drivers and most of the dirty ones are easy to deal with.

last night I did some races with the NSX at the Nurb GP . not bad but not good either.
2.04.3 qualification. with commitment I could even go down to a high 2.3.XXX.
very aggressive races, poor sportsmanship, in short, predictable

Using the old mini is hard work. Knowing you will get swamped by everyone driving a new mini within 5 grid spots of you is tough. Then there are the folks that can't accept being passed, so try and knock you off as you go by.

Using the old mini is hard work. Knowing you will get swamped by everyone driving a new mini within 5 grid spots of you is tough. Then there are the folks that can't accept being passed, so try and knock you off as you go by.
Those people are every race basically now no such thing as pick a line and try to outdrive the other guy anymore, its I don't want to fight fair so I will weave all over the track to block you

Last edited:
Ran a few race A's tonight and it really is bumper cars out there. Had 1 solid pass on me, and multiple punt or barge passes the use putting my wheels off track to get it done. Fun when you can get in with a good driver, otherwise just try to run for it.

Back