"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
The Genesis is that good. It’s as though PD took into account the Genesis V6 over the Mustang’s virtually heavier V8. Genesis is extremely balanced. The suspension dampening is perfect.

My face when Red Bull Ring and Gr.3 cars are on the menu for the week.
josh-allen-buffalo-bills.gif

Going to use the Vantage as usual and see what happens. I'm also open to suggestions for other cars to run in race B.

I’m convinced that PD is indeed factoring in track temps with the different times of day. I’m struggling big time just to keep the 488 on the track in “C”. I’m being forced to take much more conservative braking points.

At any rate, I’m a fan of this “change”, even if it is just a placebo 😂

Race C has been utter mayhem all day in the C/S races I have been in. It frankly doesn’t matter what car you are in.
If you can get a good grid position and stay away from the chaos behind you may have a chance of getting round unscathed. If not, D and S rankings get hammered.

Race C has been utter mayhem all day in the C/S races I have been in. It frankly doesn’t matter what car you are in.
If you can get a good grid position and stay away from the chaos behind you may have a chance of getting round unscathed. If not, D and S rankings get hammered.
This precisely why I've just been time trialling the Gr.4 cars. Find my weapon and more track familiarity. 😎

Ran Bathurst before heading out. 7/8. Mixed group of cars and DR. Atenza in last, me in the Genesis.
Avoided cars kindly moving over for us faster players. Forest's Elbow again.
Speedy Atenza zooms past.
We trade FL for entire race. Atenza gets the final FL.

Last lap, we catch the P2 F-Type. Atenza passes on the OUTSIDE of T1. Good stuff. No contact.
F-Type gets off the gas down Conrod hands me the position. Too late to catch the Atenza.
I pull over to hand the spot back. We bother race to see who will give the spot back. Nearly got booted by staying still too long. :lol:
We finished 45 seconds behind P2. And way ahead of P5.

Last edited:
I've only dodged the chaos to win one race at RBR. Viper GT3-R is my suggestion.
I'll give the Viper a shot tomorrow. I'm really struggling with getting the Vantage slowed down enough to make corners smoothly and going deep on almost every corner using the breaking points I've always used.
I’m convinced that PD is indeed factoring in track temps with the different times of day. I’m struggling big time just to keep the 488 on the track in “C”. I’m being forced to take much more conservative braking points.

At any rate, I’m a fan of this “change”, even if it is just a placebo 😂
That might be part my issue right now. Did this change when I was gone last week? I'm sure it will cause more chaos than usual on the Red Bull Ring and all the tracks for that matter.

Do collision penalties exist any more in this game? I'm getting punted off in heavy braking zones (and admittedly giving it back), and nobody is getting penalised. I played the game mainly in 2018 and don't remember it being this anarchistic.

Just did some races in the KTM. Oh boy, that is the worst start in a long time. Choice is to stay tight in turn one and get shoved wide between 2/3 or take the outside on turn 1, get punted and have no way to safely rejoin.

First 5 races under my belt last weekend. No wins but 4 P2 finishes. Not bad for a rookie I suppose.

Started working on RBR because I only know gr3 cars for future plans of the manufacturers series. I'm glad I started racing but having to couple learning a new track and develop a good race pace with traffic is alot to take in.

Also. I'd like to ask a question about qualifying if anyone can entertain me. Is there a common strategy people tend to use?

I've been thinking about qualifying around my race pace since I'm new to all this and still learning. Or if I set a pretty (for me) low quali I may match with better drivers for some cleaner racing.

Tried Race C. Got stuck behind a terrible driver and accidentally bumped them off so I stopped to let them back on, I shouldn't have, they spent half a lap trying to knock me off. Partially my fault, I ran from the back without a QT.

Bathurst at night with a psycho killer, good horror movie. Not such a good race. :lol:

I'll give the Viper a shot tomorrow. I'm really struggling with getting the Vantage slowed down enough to make corners smoothly and going deep on almost every corner using the breaking points I've always used.

That might be part my issue right now. Did this change when I was gone last week? I'm sure it will cause more chaos than usual on the Red Bull Ring and all the tracks for that matter.
Na.

@Groundfish had suspicions of this a few months ago. I personally think its one of these "undocumented changes" that PD is doing in an effort to use GTS as a test ground for new features in GT7. This change would make sense for a daily 'c' for FIA event which has tire wear.....being that tire degradation is highly influenced by track temps.

Last edited:
Interrupted night so only had time to try some cars at bathurst.

M4 felt good, optimal 13.8. It does feel a bit insecure going down the mountain though.

Scirrocco, felt as light footed as ever, juat annoying if you miss an apex as its years before you can get back on the throttle. Optimal 13.7.

Veyron, I just cannot deal with it, forget it for me anyways.

WRX, not sure ifnits just familiarity from the last few weeks but it felt good immediately. Ran a 13.3 and optimal 12.9.

Will try the Hyundai, jag, viper and sls but I expect the latter 2 to be slow.

Na.

@Groundfish had suspicions of this a few months ago. I personally think its one of these "undocumented changes" that PD is doing in an effort to use GTS as a test ground for new features in GT7. This change would make sense for a daily 'c' for FIA event which has tire wear.....being that tire degradation is highly influenced by track temps.
I ran a few races tonight on C. It was really nice for me, but there was some carnage for others (karma maybe? :))
I wish the c race was gr3, but gr4 is still fun and I have seen a pretty good variety, car wise.
I do think in sport mode the grip varies a little by time of day that’s set.
I used the Mustang and it seems like others are finally starting to catch on that’s it’s a strong gr4. I saw a lot of them.

Do collision penalties exist any more in this game? I'm getting punted off in heavy braking zones (and admittedly giving it back), and nobody is getting penalised. I played the game mainly in 2018 and don't remember it being this anarchistic.
There are no collision penalties on the current penalty system. Though the game does still give SR ups and downs even though it doesn't indicate it during the race.

I agree about the Mustang. Though I was in the SLS at the time, Mustang has that torque. SLS has good top speed and front-mid engine handling. Have to maximise cornering speed to get the most out of it.

Missing the Supra. Deleted it after the gift period, but I wasn't happy with the interior view. Tried to live with it, but PD killed the immersion for me. Anyway, it seems to be doing good.

edit: Doing Race B with all Gr.3 cars in manufacturer order.

edit2: some questionable moves by some players, but loving RBR. Fast paced, some respectful tight racing. Just show a bit of patience and the races are good for me. No stress of starting from the back helps(Me).

Last edited:
Back