"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I went back to try again in the Vantage and while I was a bit faster, it's still way too slow to keep up a race pace. Same situation with the Corvette, a bit faster but still too slow. However, at the suggestion of @FA_Hayes, I tried the FT-1 and holy cow does it drive great! It's seems easier to control than the Supra, and I can get around the corners quicker. I managed a 1:54.8XX qualifying time!

Josh Allen Bills GIF by EliteSportsTours

I had an optimal time of 1:54.4XX so I'll try and hit that tomorrow. But, if i don't I am beyond pumped to get a time that quick. For me at least.
I got 1:54.4 with the FT but I know I can get into the 53's. I can smell it. Maybe with the Supra but it's frustrating and I don't like to qualify with cars I can't be consistent with.

I'll try to get some races in tomorrow. I only had enough time to qualify today.

Last edited:
I got 1:54.4 with the FT but I know I can get into the 53's. I can smell it. Maybe with the Supra but it's frustrating and I don't like to qualify with cars I can't be consistent with.

I'll try to get some races in tomorrow. I only had enough time to qualify today.
It's funny like that. Since I'm a rookie I'll get to know the track then start laying down laps and work on piecing together my optimum. I'll go fast once (for me) then my pace slows and it takes me a few long sessions to regroup and learn the new faster pace. On this track the first sector makes or breaks a good lap for me. Either entry into T1 or exit speed out of T3.

I've found the last turn can really help if I slow down a bit and not carry so wide on exit. The acceleration out of the corner is a few tenths quicker than trying to carry speed through it.

I may start qualifying tomorrow. Still having fun at the back and working on overtaking and getting comfortable with traffic. Managed a 4th place from 20 in my last race.

Nice to see some competition for Supra.

Y'know I hate the META, when, well... it's not my META.

I went back to try again in the Vantage and while I was a bit faster, it's still way too slow to keep up a race pace. Same situation with the Corvette, a bit faster but still too slow. However, at the suggestion of @FA_Hayes, I tried the FT-1 and holy cow does it drive great! It's seems easier to control than the Supra, and I can get around the corners quicker. I managed a 1:54.8XX qualifying time!

Josh Allen Bills GIF by EliteSportsTours

I had an optimal time of 1:54.4XX so I'll try and hit that tomorrow. But, if i don't I am beyond pumped to get a time that quick. For me at least.
I've grown to like the Supra. It probably comes from the fact that when I first started playing Sports mode, I tried Maggiore in the Supra and instantly put myself into a death spin. From that day forward it became a challenge for me and somewhat of a barometer for myself regarding my skill level. Every time it popped up as the META, I'd give it a few laps to see if I could tame the beast. This is probably only the second or third time that I've used it in a race where it's the META but it's actually starting to become fun to drive. Patience and throttle control are key. Let it rotate and then build up the throttle to avoid the wheel spin.

For those who are newbs or can't seem to find a Gr3 car to handle in race C, I found that the Beetle is great. Smooth and stable and no problem as the tires wear. Been going 4M/6S.... Seems faster than the Vantage and 911, but probably because I can be more aggressive in the Beetle. And, the 911 is slow..lol.. Plus. I hate brakes on Vantage. You have to brake much sooner in the Vantage and there seems a fine line between 80% and locking up. Don't notice this as much in other cars..

Last edited:
Just a clip of my 1:54:1 lap at Lago Maggiore in the FT-1 testing out my new livery. Has plenty of scope for improvement - could definitely get a mid-high 53 with a bit more practice.

EDIT: It's difficult to see it in the video but the front end is all semi-gloss carbon fibre and the rear end is all glossy stuff. Happy with how the livery is looking. The driving needs work. 🤣

Last edited:
It's my choice for the week after spending more time with it. You can get on the throttle a bit sooner than the Supra and cornering is a touch smoother. Messed with it in arcade time trial and went bottom 54's on mediums. I went high 53's in the supra but it was sloppy.

Ran my first race with no quali just now. And my first race with a pit stop. Finished 9th and set fastest lap at 55.4xx on the third lap of soft tires. Rev it until just before the mph starts to taper off and if you get the rpm right on exit it shoots out of corners like an angry little bastard.
I should have been using it way before this week honestly. I had no idea it had that much potential especially when the top 10 are usually in the Supra for races like this. I guess I have a new car to go against the Supra "META" when it pops up.

1:53.XXX is out of my skill range I think, but never say never. I still need to get my lines cleaner with the FT-1 as I'm still learning how much I can push my limits with it.
I've grown to like the Supra. It probably comes from the fact that when I first started playing Sports mode, I tried Maggiore in the Supra and instantly put myself into a death spin. From that day forward it became a challenge for me and somewhat of a barometer for myself regarding my skill level. Every time it popped up as the META, I'd give it a few laps to see if I could tame the beast. This is probably only the second or third time that I've used it in a race where it's the META but it's actually starting to become fun to drive. Patience and throttle control are key. Let it rotate and then build up the throttle to avoid the wheel spin.
I had the same experience when first driving the Supra. I couldn't keep it straight out of corners for the longest time. I figured it out enough to keep pace with others during races. It can still be a handful at times for me, but nothing too bad.

I can agree about the RSR being slow. I was in the Atenza and being kind to an RSR user and the thing just couldn’t maintain any speed. The more I backed off, others Behind caught up. I let them go so they could deal with the RSR. Others just muscled past. I didn’t want to do all that.
Then, I have to battle an FT-1 sheeple that looks like they chose the car because everyone else have. This is an A/S room. I quit Lap 7. No fun.

I should have been using it way before this week honestly. I had no idea it had that much potential especially when the top 10 are usually in the Supra for races like this. I guess I have a new car to go against the Supra "META" when it pops up.

1:53.XXX is out of my skill range I think, but never say never. I still need to get my lines cleaner with the FT-1 as I'm still learning how much I can push my limits with it.

I had the same experience when first driving the Supra. I couldn't keep it straight out of corners for the longest time. I figured it out enough to keep pace with others during races. It can still be a handful at times for me, but nothing too bad.
I'm going to qualify tonight. It's been consistently good in races from the back so far. I've been finishing top 5 except for 2 and fastest laps in almost all. I'm noticing alot more of them in the lobbies now but I'll stuck with it because it's a great car and tire wear seems pretty good.

I can agree about the RSR being slow. I was in the Atenza and being kind to an RSR user and the thing just couldn’t maintain any speed. The more I backed off, others Behind caught up. I let them go so they could deal with the RSR. Others just muscled past. I didn’t want to do all that.
Then, I have to battle an FT-1 sheeple that looks like they chose the car because everyone else have. This is an A/S room. I quit Lap 7. No fun.
I battled with two in the last race for a few laps. Once I got past them the gap grew with each corner. It was good clean racing but yeah... slower pace on that track.

Two races tonight with positive results for both. I haven't had too many good results for a few weeks now, so it's a confidence boost for the week.

Race 1 I start P4 which is higher than I thought I would be. Unfortunately, stubborn me decided to start on the Medium tires which was a huge mistake. I also didn't practice many laps on the tires so that didn't help. I start dropping like a rock in position until I find myself in P12 after some drivers use me as a brake from all sides and getting into the back of me and the slowness of the tires. You know, the usual stuff. I'm somehow in P6 after my pit stop and immediately get my pit exit wrong and fall back to P12. I just want a top 10 to limit a loss in DR. I get my chance when 3 drivers all fight going into the Big Banky Boy and pull off a nice move to gain two spots (me in P11 at the time) and eventually finish P9.

Race 2 I also start P4. Learning my lesson from last time, I start on the Soft tires and boy did that help a ton. P1 takes off and I have no chance to catch them, so I drive for a P2 finish. I was P1 for a lap when they pitted and I stayed out to get the maximum life out of the Soft tires. I probably could have pitted, but it felt like the right decision at the time. I stay P2 until I run deep in the second hairpin turn and finish P3. Which is fine by me. Overall, a good night of racing for me. Here's hoping for similar results tomorrow.

I only did one race today. P1 to P1. My SR was in the low 90s, I think. I'm glad I got out of the first lap alive because P2 was being unnecessarily aggressive. He ended up P6. I went 7 laps on the softs and I was fortunate to have built such a big lead because those cold mediums were indeed hard to deal with.

I'll be able to get on earlier tomorrow while, hopefully, the kids are at school.

Last edited:
Ran the SLS. It wasn't flash either. No doubt it's older than most, but the wear was magnified by Lap 9 & 10. A Vantage caught me on the RM( after it had spun off) and pulled away, before we pit same lap. From there, it bolted.
Some kindness from an AMG GT and RS01 to not rush me as I strugglied. Left them room and they were patient for clean passes. Finished 12th, after starting last.

Anyone else have an issue with GTBlade? It says I do not exist which is strange...
Same. Must be an issue with the site. Also been an issue with the GTSwiki search recently - unsure if they're related issues.

EDIT: Wondering if GTBlade is down while the GT servers are undergoing maintenance?

EDIT EDIT: Now back up and running again - assume it had something to do with the site maintenance on the PD servers.

Last edited:
I am going to say that this week’s daily races are THE WORST in my entire time playing sport mode. There is nothing interesting about any of them. Race A is just a typical race A with a shocking car. Race B’s nothing but a punt and dive show. And race C is just tedious. The car/track combo seems to be uninspiring and I am not getting or seeing any good racing there. Plenty of silly diving and running two-wide where only one car fits, but no genuine racing.

I can’t wait for this to be done with and ANY different combo to arrive.

Qualified last night and spent today practicing. It seems I've developed some bad habits chasing from the back. My line was sloppier than a kiss from a mid shipmen but think I'll be in the top slots based on what I've seen in B.

I loathe the first sector and the two turns before the last. I'm so damn hit or miss if I'm leaning on it...

Pretty happy with this after 23 races though.

Attachments

• 20210909_195726.jpg
    20210909_195726.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Only 1 race tonight for me, the update took way longer than I expected. I did few laps of practice on the medium which helped very little in the race. I start P6 and, honestly, it was clean close racing the entire time. I got into the back of P5 going into turn 1 on lap 2 and I gave the position back because that's the sporting thing to do. They bin it going into the hairpin before the esses. They finished P2 so it didn't matter in the end.

Once again, I stay out one extra lap to get the maximum use of the soft tires and the fact I stink on the medium tires. I leave the pits and find my self in P8. A rage quit and a spin gets me to P6. But, after going deep one to many times on the first turn, I fall to P8 and try keep pace with the rest of the pack until lap 9 where I get the angle to the esses all wrong and I get left behind.

Overall an enjoyable race only hindered my habit of going deep in turn 1. I'm still having fun this week, and am looking forward to some more races this weekend.

What’s in the update?

Back