"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Countdown to deleting GT Sport this Saturday, after Manu. Going in Race C with the alt(B/S for some reason) using the TS050 each race. Set a qualy on the RM(3:11.267). Steering clear of any aggressors. Living for the final replays. ;)

edit: starts off great. Stuck at the joining session garage screen. Time to wait another 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Went for the LM55 and good controllable car, but getting creamed on the straight. So I gave the meta a shot and a few things
1) It handles like a pig
2) It destroys tyres
3) It handles like a pig. You might say that's the same as 1, but it's so bad it needs restating.

I can pit on lap 1 in the LM55 and I think pushing 4 laps in the meta would be risky. Might try something else later, I prefer the 878 but it's really slow IIRK as we don't need full out all that often.

Wow this race is killing my SR and I'm not even retaliating (much). Not that I care much, as there are no clean races anymore.

Last edited:
Had a few runs out in the Mazda screamer for race C. Race 1 I saw @D_Dragline in there. Absolute wreckfest. Aside from getting run off track twice and rammed into the wall at Indy ok lap 1 the highlight would be the Aussie failure who side swiped me into the wall twice on the straight to prevent me passing after he served his penalty. Penalties at Tertre rouge for 3 laps didn't help.

Second race went better. Pretty much my own mistakes, but finding the rhythm. Had @Stephan in there as well as Dredge again and another GTP member.

Last race was food and smooth. Some iffy moments at Tertre Rouge (again, where the hell was my turn in spot I used to use?!?!?) But good solid driving and a few rounds of side by side racing with space all around and tactical backouts by all parties, myself included. Starting to get the hang of it again, and I can say the 787 kills the Nissan a lot at Mulsanne corner and seemingly through the exit at Arnage.

If there are a lot of races like the first one this week I might be back on the livery editor, but we shall see.

Good to see everyone out there.

4 goes at Race C. All without qualy.

First one was in the McLaren. Went badly as I struggled to keep it on the black stuff and find a rhythm.

Second was in the meta and half the grid were in hybrids. Finished 3rd through a combination of running down hybrids, keeping it tidy and the first across the line no-stopping.

Third was in the meta again with @Redneckchef . A mess of a race with cars bumping and going off all over the place. Topped off by a 2 second track limit penalty.

Final one back in the McLaren and was running smoothly and starting to make my way through the field when I pitted. Came out at the same time as a TS050 and just as we were unghosting he moved across into me and BANG, game crashed. This is the second time recently contact with a ghost has caused the game to crash.

It looks very much like only the R92CP and 787B are going to be competitive. I’m faster in the Mazda, but I can’t handle its noise.

I might pull the Jag out of the garage for a spin…

It looks very much like only the R92CP and 787B are going to be competitive. I’m faster in the Mazda, but I can’t handle its noise.

I might pull the Jag out of the garage for a spin…
After my FIA I took all the Gr1 cars I have for a spin.
For me on clean air pace the Nissan and Jag were fastest with the Nissan a second ahead of the Jag. The Jag feels better to handle with the Nissan being a Pig as Norrin says. I guess the Mazda can compete in slip and if mistakes are made ahead. But the Jag should be competitive there as well. It's only 2mph down on the Nissan.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Last edited:
Had a few runs out in the Mazda screamer for race C. Race 1 I saw @D_Dragline in there. Absolute wreckfest. Aside from getting run off track twice and rammed into the wall at Indy ok lap 1 the highlight would be the Aussie failure who side swiped me into the wall twice on the straight to prevent me passing after he served his penalty. Penalties at Tertre rouge for 3 laps didn't help.

Second race went better. Pretty much my own mistakes, but finding the rhythm. Had @Stephan in there as well as Dredge again and another GTP member.

Last race was food and smooth. Some iffy moments at Tertre Rouge (again, where the hell was my turn in spot I used to use?!?!?) But good solid driving and a few rounds of side by side racing with space all around and tactical backouts by all parties, myself included. Starting to get the hang of it again, and I can say the 787 kills the Nissan a lot at Mulsanne corner and seemingly through the exit at Arnage.

If there are a lot of races like the first one this week I might be back on the livery editor, but we shall see.

Good to see everyone out there.
It was a bummer that I got caught in a undercut because had I known that mediums to softs and pitting halfway was the strat, I could've gotten a chance at a win but it is what it is.

And yeah I seem to notice that the 787B is a good alternative to the R92CP because I seem to be able to keep up with the R92CP users.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:
Ahhhh, welcome back, posts linked from the front-page news article!

Anybody know if the Porsche 962C will be any good for Race C? I know it's the only Group C car which gets a massive boost in performance from it's normal setup under BOP but no idea if it's enough to make it competitive (which is a shame normally because it was such a competitive car in the real world!)

Last edited:
Anybody know if the Porsche 962C will be any good for Race C? I know it's the only Group C car which gets a massive boost in performance from it's normal setup under BOP but no idea if it's enough to make it competitive (which is a shame normally because it was such a competitive car in the real world!)
I've done 4-5 races so far. Top speed is similar to the 787B, around 5 mph slower than the Nissan (in clean air). In a draft it's as fast since all cars are gear limited to 233'ish mph (except the C9 which has a shorter 5th gear). I prefer the handling over the R92 and 787B and I've found that it claws back time through the Porsche curves and out of the slow corners.

I've done 4-5 races so far. Top speed is similar to the 787B, around 5 mph slower than the Nissan (in clean air). In a draft it's as fast since all cars are gear limited to 233'ish mph (except the C9 which has a shorter 5th gear). I prefer the handling over the R92 and 787B and I've found that it claws back time through the Porsche curves and out of the slow corners.
Great to know! Thank you!!

Just completed my 1st Race C of the week. Qualified with a 3:04.992 which put me 2nd on the grid, started on the softs and didn't pull out a gap on a medium starter who undercut me after I stopped on lap 4, managed to keep 2nd which give a nice 1.4k DR boost as I was car 20.

Race C is goood fun. Had 4 races p10 to last challenge. 😄😄😄
Slowly getting up to speed. Last race was p9 on top split emea. 👍
Need to get better q time. Now starting at p10-13 and its right in the corner. 😄

As always the weekly race guide :)!

Easy win in race A :lol:

Tbh I had a couple of great fights today at Autopolis but there's always a few morons who have a different definition of "racing". They usually win their 1st race but don't last long in the following ones and eventually give up once they turned everyone against them.

First up was race A.
The Megane felt good in the time trial and I slowly continued to whittle away at my qualy time.
Started 6th and met @Barney Da Dog a row behind.
Got a good start and was up into 4th for a while.
Then a Brit in a Pug barged through at Turn 1 lap 2.
Next lap I get a run on them into turn 3 and some really clean driving happens. Don't believe me? Take a look.

However as you can see I get knocked into the last hairpin and am sent wide. Then some people fall off into turn 1 and I am following someone into turn 3, but I muck up my line and catch a wheel onto the grass. This sends me wide and I loose a load of places.
I then catch up to a German. They seem to lose it under braking a few times including into turn 3. This means I am able to go up his inside into the double left. However they do not like that and punt me at the hairpin. I cannot catch them again and finish a measly P10 after an early race of promise.

Onto race C.
I start P2. I like this combo. I cannot get near the times I set in time trial yesterday, but plenty of time to sort that later in the week.
I meet another person off my friends list back in P4.
I hold P2 until Indianapolis. I forget that you cannot brake like you can in FP. :dunce: I go into the gravel and am joined by a Frenchman.
From there I move up 3 places in the next 3 laps. 2 overtakes into the Dunlop chicane and 1 into Tetre Rouge. I seem to be faster through the Porsche curves onwards than them so always caught them into the Ford chicane. I pit lap 4 and come out in P6 behind a Brit and the Frenchman battling. The Brit got a penalty and luckily served it on the straight so it was an easy pass. The Frenchman was just too far ahead for me to get this lap. Predictably I caught them into Ford. I finished P5 for a good comeback.

And then to Race B where I meet Barney again. I only get 1 lap of qualy in so my scruffy lap puts me 15th on the grid. I get a good start. An Israeli seems to be slow off the line. I think this was a ruse as they then proceeded to barge past everyone in front of them after that. The get me at Larini 2. I loose all the places I gained. I felt like Sonic loosing his rings. A few people die in the COD but thankfully I keep it together myself. I pass to people who clash in Seaside. (Thanks very much!) Then the Israeli picks on a Corvette out of the last turn. The Vette doesn't like it and swipes at him. I pick the place through the kink and say goodbye. After all the chaos I finish P7 after the leader pulls over on the pit straight last lap. 🤷‍♂️

After a few races with the TS050, went for the Porsche. Excellent handling. Acceleration is good up to 340km/h. Moved up 5 spots from 10th.

That was with the 962 not the 919.

First time driving the Nissan R92CP and it’s a handful for me for me to control. I can’t seem to get it stopped in time to make turns. I also can’t seem to get the car to turn in. But I’m going to attribute both on me still learning the breaking points for the car. I’m also getting frustrated by the number of off-track penalties I’m getting. But, again, it’s on me still learning to drive the car. I’d like to attempt this race, but if my ability to drive the car isn’t enough to keep it on track at minimum, I don’t think I’ll have any fun. I can fallback to Dragon Trail for some racing this week. I know that combo so well I can jump in with minimal practice time.

My evening at Race A so far...
Race 1. Start 3rd, made my own mistakes and finished mid pack.
Race 2. Start 2nd, fight to the lead on lap 5, punted at turn 2
Race 3. Pole. Punted in turn 1 hard enough that I got reset. Then punted a couple more times trying to come through the field for good measure.

First time driving the Nissan R92CP and it’s a handful for me for me to control. I can’t seem to get it stopped in time to make turns. I also can’t seem to get the car to turn in. But I’m going to attribute both on me still learning the breaking points for the car. I’m also getting frustrated by the number of off-track penalties I’m getting. But, again, it’s on me still learning to drive the car. I’d like to attempt this race, but if my ability to drive the car isn’t enough to keep it on track at minimum, I don’t think I’ll have any fun. I can fallback to Dragon Trail for some racing this week. I know that combo so well I can jump in with minimal practice time.
One tip with the Nissan is that it won’t turn while you’re on the brakes. Make sure you take off enough speed in advance and then coast into turns. It’s actually quite nimble* once you get the hang of it.

The Jag is a surprise in Race C. Its acceleration is so good that it makes up for its lack of braking and handling in unexpected places. Tyres are a challenge but I’ve managed a couple of good results.

* - Comparatively speaking

The Jag is a surprise in Race C. Its acceleration is so good that it makes up for its lack of braking and handling in unexpected places. Tyres are a challenge but I’ve managed a couple of good results.
Good acceleration maybe but it understeered like a truck when I drove it for a one-and-done race yesterday. Surprisingly though I did a fastest lap in it by a lot, so I guess it must be somewhat good. But I did not enjoy driving it at all. Too unpredictable with this x9 tyre wear. The Porsche is way better for me. Same top end and much better handling and cornering. Also the Nissan is not as much of a pig to me as everybody here is saying. Quite manageable actually. Probably gonna have to stick with it this week if I want to be competitive on the Mulsanne.

Back