"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Using the C9. No one is using it. Out accelerates everything up to 350km/h. Tops at 358km/h by itself. 370km/h in the slipstream. Starting on RS. Most of the field are doing the R92CP on RM. This is helping me to move up before pitting end of Lap 4. Brakes and handling are excellent. First race, 10th to 4th. Second race, 15th to 2nd.

Using the C9. No one is using it. Out accelerates everything up to 350km/h. Tops at 358km/h by itself. 370km/h in the slipstream. Starting on RS. Most of the field are doing the R92CP on RM. This is helping me to move up before pitting end of Lap 4. Brakes and handling are excellent. First race, 10th to 4th. Second race, 15th to 2nd.
There have been a few in my races. If they’re within a second out of Mulsanne or Arnage then you’re in big trouble.

Just tried to join the last two Race C on the Euro servers and got discoed before warm up. Have Done a Race A without issue.
Anyone else having this problem with Race C?

So I did 5 sessions of Daily Race C for today and I managed to bag 3 wins and two podiums.

First session - I was determined to win with the Mazda 787B so I was put into pole position for the first time this week but I had to deal with a R92CP behind me so as expected when we entered the Mulsanne straight, I got blasted away by the R92CP's power but suddenly something happened when I reached the end of the first lap. The R92CP driver that took the lead from me got a 1.5 time penalty for a track limit breach around the Ford chicane. From there since the next penalty zone is on the Mulsanne straight, I was able to regain my lead and build up a good lead over the R92CP and from there I was on my way to a win. Also thanks to yesterday where I got caught in a undercut, I learned from that strategy and eventually gotten used to it.

Second session - This is where I decided to use the R92CP and before I start, I just wanna say I like this livery I found while I was browsing around for R92CP liveries. It became my main livery for the R92CP from here on out for this week's daily.

1632228151585.png

So anyway back to the report, so I started P2 in this race and its where I'm starting to learn about enabling TCS to 1 when I'm exiting corners as I'm able to control the car much better than without the TCS. Race was going well until this happened where the fellow R92CP user overcooked it on Indy.

From there I had to deal with two more R92CPs up until the end where I managed to bag my second win for today. Once again the strat worked from here and it seems that there are some players that aren't aware of the strat.

Third and fourth session - All I'm going to say is that the track limit breaches screwed me over in the worst time in these two sessions and both of those track limit breach penalties happened on the last lap but the third one was the worst of them all because I was on my way to a win but I got a .5 sec time penalty for a track limit breach on the Ford chicane just as when I crossed the finish line. Because of this since the 2nd place driver only had less than 1 sec gap on me, he was awarded with a dub and I was bummed that it happened on the worst time possible. Managed to finish second on the third session and third on the fourth session.

Fifth session (featuring @Hdbd04 on the grid) - At this point I was really crossed by the fact that I got screwed by penalties twice in those two sessions I mentioned so I was that focused to get a win. Landed pole position in this race and as always, had to deal with a fellow Japanese R92CP user whom I had a good race with until he got screwed by the track limit penalties on the Virage section. From there I had to deal with another Japanese R92CP user and the aforementioned user in his R92CP and it was close as shown on this gif. Was able to get a win.

Overall today was alright. I do plan on using the Sauber tomorrow.

Also here's a vid of my first Le Mans session for today. Enjoy the sounds of the 787B.

Ran the C9 and it was fine. It’s not good enough through the turns in my hands to compensate for its lower top speed.

I can only do a couple of races in the Mazda before I get a splitting headache, but it is by far my preferred drive this week.

I’m punching above my weight at Le Mans but I need a better qualy time to get away from starting in the chicane.

Just did a DR "A" (using the Megane). I started in 5th, and found myself in 2nd on lap 2 thanks to those in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th battling for position and slowing each other down. I made a decent pass in turn 6 and I was doing well. Me and the 1st place driver were pulling away a bit from those behind. And then I did something that was completely and monumentally stupid. I ran too hot into the double left-hander coming out of turn 3. That allowed 4 cars to pass me, putting me back in 6th. I managed to catch back up to that pack, and was on pace to pass 1 or 2 of them. Then, on lap 6, 2 of them disconnected (or rage quit or something). That put me in 4th, and that's where I finished. I could've been on the podium, but my eagerness allowed me to run wide in that section. I was so mad at myself.

Ran another "A" (same car). Started 5th, again. This was a much better race, for me. I moved up to 4th coming out of turn 1 thanks to someone running a BIT too wide. They didn't run off the track, but it was wide enough for me to go by unscathed. I stayed there for a couple laps. On lap 4, 2nd and 3rd decided they wanted to take each other out at turn 1, and they both wound up in the sand/gravel. So myself and 4th place went right on by with ease. That put me in 3rd with 2nd not far ahead. First place was on a damn mission and was pulling away from all of us with ease. I guess when you don't have to worry about passing or maybe getting rammed, it's easy, lol. So I'm in 3rd, and was happy for a podium spot. Every time I came to turns 3, 4, and 5, I told myself, "DON'T SCREW THIS UP! REMEMBER THE PREVIOUS RACE?" With 2 laps to go, I decided I would do my best to drive as clean as I could to catch up to 2nd. With every turn, I was inching closer and closer. I passed him going through turn 3. He passed me back at 4, I passed him back at 5, and he passed me back, again, at 6. It was some good racing. No banging, no pushing, no ramming; just good, clean racing. I stayed right with him through that lap and the final lap. On the final turn of the final lap, he ran a bit too wide. I stayed tight to the inside, made the pass, and finished in 2nd.

Did a couple "B" races. The 1st race was decent. I finished 1 place higher from where I started (11th from 12th). The 2nd race, I set a new personal best for qualifying. that put me up to 3rd for the start. I stayed there the entire race, with the exception of a partial lap where I was passed, but passed him back in the final turn. That is.....until lap 4. I did exceptionally well all during qualifying and in both races going through that damn chicane. But on the last lap of the 2nd race, I ran a little hot going left, and didn't make the cutback to the right and nailed the wall. Thankfully, I only lost 2 spots. It would've only been 1; but my nerves got going and I didn't go down to 1st gear and tried to keep going in 4th. At that slow of a speed, you have no speed in 4th gear, lol. So the 5th place car passed me and put me into 5th. SO mad at myself. I had an easy podium spot and screwed it all up on the final lap.

Edit:
Just ran another "B". Started 3rd, again. Doing well, until I forgot where the heck I was, ran wide, and subsequently got passed by just about everyone. I wound up down in 14th. 🤬 Through some fancy driving, people running off the track and others colliding with each other, I managed to work my way back up to 9th; and that's where I finished. But yet again, I do something stupid that costs me another podium finish.

I feel I could probably do much better (consistent-wise) if I had a wheel instead of the DS4. I'm seriously thinking or getting one. GT Sport is the only racing game I play, so I don't want to spend a bunch of money like some of those sim racers do.

2nd Edit:
Did another "B" and had a good race. Started 5th, finished 4th. I'd made it up to 3rd, but got passed coming out of the chicane on the final lap. It was a clean pass and very well done; no issues with it at all. That's the kind of racing I like, even if I'm not on the winning side of it. I probably lifted a bit more than usual due to my hitting the wall there in the previous race (and the subsequent qualifying/practice laps). I don't know what it is. Once I hit it, it's like it took away my rhythm for that section. And I always did pretty well in that section. It was rare for me to hit the wall in the chicane. Then, I hit it once, and it happens like 4 times in a row, after that. At least I didn't hit it during the race.

Final edit:
Ran 1 last "B" race before shower/bed. I started 5th, finished 4th. I made it up to 2nd due to a couple mishaps by those in front. My own mishap, not braking soon enough for a corner, let 3rd place go by. I lost 3rd due to 4th being in my slipstream and passing me coming out of the chicane. It was some great racing. No banging, no hitting, no dive-bombing, etc. And I think only 1 person got a penalty. The top 5 all finished within a couple seconds. That's the type of racing I like.

Last edited:
Fifth session (featuring @Hdbd04 on the grid) - At this point I was really crossed by the fact that I got screwed by penalties twice in those two sessions I mentioned so I was that focused to get a win. Landed pole position in this race and as always, had to deal with a fellow Japanese R92CP user whom I had a good race with until he got screwed by the track limit penalties on the Virage section. From there I had to deal with another Japanese R92CP user and the aforementioned user in his R92CP and it was close as shown on this gif. Was able to get a win.

I always have the tendency of messing up something so simple. The whole race was penalty free until the last lap. Even so, I misjudged the braking distance and managed to avoid a nasty outcome to a good race.

Ending from P7 to P3 wasn't so bad at all.

I always have the tendency of messing up something so simple. The whole race was penalty free until the last lap. Even so, I misjudged the braking distance and managed to avoid a nasty outcome to a good race.

Ending from P7 to P3 wasn't so bad at all.

Oh man I had a similar incident like that before in last week's Daily Race A where I intentionally hit a wall to avoid a nasty incident with a pole sitter.

But it was a nice race overall and you managed to take advantage of my overtake on the Indy portion of the track to gain P2.

I've encountered him a few times. Never raced alongside him but never seen any complaints. Well against him at least.

Put in a decent QT on the alt and the main account, for Race A. Gave it a spin. Man! It’s elbows out for sure! But up front and clear of the carnage in the mid-pack mob, it’s fun racing, as expected. Ran one on the alt and while I managed a podium in the top split, was amongst some dirty drivers that I had to manage (and run off the track in defense) so I bailed after one. Then later, grabbed a couple of 2nd places on the main to post a 1500 gain in DR, not bad pay for an hour’s work. Might give it a go later this week after focusing on the FIA race tomorrow.

One tip with the Nissan is that it won’t turn while you’re on the brakes. Make sure you take off enough speed in advance and then coast into turns. It’s actually quite nimble* once you get the hang of it.
I took your advice and managed to take about a second off of my time. However, I had a terrible time in general tyring to make some laps. Then I decided to try some laps at Dragon Trail, and also had a hard time turning decent laps. I was all over the place on both tracks. Just an off day of driving for me today. I'll get back at it tomorrow.

Well I really struggled to repair my SR, fairly clean race and lose a point or 2 and CRB getting 10-16 points makes it tough. Up to 92 which will have to do and I'll maybe have to run FIA twice to get a decent split. DR was easy picking though and got back to 23K+.

1632298838266.png

My first online race back after many months! First time ever started on pole position. Using the Mazda 787B, I started on the softs. My plan was to pull away from the group within the first 2 laps. After the main straight the gap was already at 6 seconds. Behind me was a Romanian driver with the Nissan, behind him was a Dutchman in the Peugeot VGT. After lap 2 the gap increased to around 9 seconds, as the Dutchie and the Romanian drivers were battling for 2nd.

At the end of lap 3, I hit the extremely long pitlane. With a gap of around 11 seconds when entering and the pit taking around 15000 years get through, I left the pits in P2, behind the Romanian guy who hasn't pitted yet. I therefore assumed he was on the Mediums. The Dutchman in P3 did pit and came out around 7 seconds behind me.

The following lap, number 4, I just drove my own race, not worrying about the gap behind or in front. At the end of the lap, the gap to the leader was around 14 seconds. Knowing that the pit lane takes multiple centuries to go through, I was in a good position here. I passed the Romanian leader and as he exited the pitlane, he came right next to the Dutchman again. This was really fortunate for me, as they were battling for P2. I could basically just drive off in the distance.

Unfortunately, the last time through the Ford chicanes, I exceeded track limits and received a .5 second penalty. Bye bye clean race bonus. It didn't cost me the victory though, as I was now comfortably ahead with a gap of 12 seconds, due to P2 and 3 fighting. This was my first online race after an absence of many months and only my 4th ever win. I also started on pole for the first time in my 'career' and setting the fastest lap in the race as well. Overall a great race with a great result. I did the Mazda boys proud, especially being the only 787b on the grid.

Had a few runs at race C tonight after a night off. Got to catch up with @Stephan again although never really catch him. 4 runs in the 787. Good car when I don't get myself a stupid track limits penalty for tertre rouge. Still looking for the turn I marker I used to use as I am picking up 1 or 2 penalties each race. Managed a win in the naughty SR S lobby. Some sketchy driving and opportunistic diving, but overall some good clean races. Might have to try the Nissan again soon as I don't think I've ever turned a lap here in that thing. I may lose close to 0.5 or 0.6 on the straight, but when I nail Mulsanne and the Indy-Arnage complex I seem to come out ahead so not really in a hurry to switch, but always good to try new things.

First up was race A.
The Megane felt good in the time trial and I slowly continued to whittle away at my qualy time.
Started 6th and met @Barney Da Dog a row behind.
Good to meet you again - sorry for door banging in turn two or three I think it was. I. Accidentally chose the TT for another race and managed to keep pace with the top 6 due everyone going off occasionally. It actually felt better to drive than what I remember previously.

I managed a better Q-time in race B, mainly due closing eyes and going flat through the death chicane.

I'm miles off the pace for race C ☹️

I just want to say that the track limit penalties at Le Mans are seriously beyond ridiculous. Having your race ruined for crossing some imaginary line by 1 cm is absolutely stupid and utterly unrealistic. In real life you can't get a penalty for something nobody can even notice ffs. Also, why the hell are there 3 penalty zones? Serving a penalty in each zone has a completely different effect on your race. 1 second on Mulsanne is devastating, whereas 1 second in the last one is absolutely nothing. Just keep the one on Mulsanne so the penalties cost everyone a lot. I can't imagine someone at PD looks at this and says: "Yeah, just like real life." Seriously, I love this game but some things in it are beyond a joke. OK, rant over. 😄

Some really good racing again this week on Race C. I choose to start from the back. Strategy wise, I opted to start on the Med for only two laps and go for the undercut on the rest of the field. This mean I need the fastest car possible because I'm driving most of the time by myself without drafting. Since I had never drive the Nissan, it was the perfect situation to try a new car.

The strategy paid off with some races where I jump from 18 to 4, 14 to 3, 15 to 4. Most of the races with more than 10 places gain. Even manage to win two races where half the field didn't quali. Starting from 10th without any A+ in the room helps a lot.

DR is on the raise and about to hit A+. If I get there, I hope it's going to last more than 1 day like the last time.

Thank you @Mc_Yavel for keeping me honest in Race C today.
I didn't know you were on here. It was good sharing the track with you. We had a couple of good run from the back. :gtpflag:

Also, this one made me giggle. I had a bad feeling about this

:lol: Talk about situational awareness.

On a less enjoyable note, my TV decided to half die on me this morning. It has been a bad year for me & TVs. I lost one to a power surge earlier this year. Now this one decides to have half the screen be fuzzy....when it's not randomly turning off & on. :indiff:

Some really good racing again this week on Race C. I choose to start from the back. Strategy wise, I opted to start on the Med for only two laps and go for the undercut on the rest of the field. This mean I need the fastest car possible because I'm driving most of the time by myself without drafting. Since I had never drive the Nissan, it was the perfect situation to try a new car.

The strategy paid off with some races where I jump from 18 to 4, 14 to 3, 15 to 4. Most of the races with more than 10 places gain. Even manage to win two races where half the field didn't quali. Starting from 10th without any A+ in the room helps a lot.

DR is on the raise and about to hit A+. If I get there, I hope it's going to last more than 1 day like the last time.

I didn't know you were on here. It was good sharing the track with you. We had a couple of good run from the back. :gtpflag:

That's awesome. I got one that isn't nearly as cool though. Also a reminder to race and stay focused to the end. First clip I had fallen to p5 due to a penalty but was losing ground until 2 of the people in front messed up Arnage and opened the doors for me to get a p3.

The second part is 2 views of the same move. Heading to the first chicane lap 1 in a naughty SR lobby I was ready for a wild move or mistakes lap 1. Being prepared definitely paid off.

I qualified second in the Daily Race C even get to lead the race for a moment. Unfortunately, I got nervous and made a mistake that brought me down to fifth place. We both made the same mistake, which made us lose the podium. Anyway, it was the first time I had ever made it this far on a daily race.

Last edited:
Daily Race “B”
1st Race

Started 7th, finished dead last (16th). I got caught up in the madness at the 1st sharp right; got put down to 9th or 10th. I got back up to 7th, then 6th. Then, I absolutely mauled by the chicane. And by mauled, I mean I slammed my car into both the wall on the left and the wall right in front of me. That put me down to 10th, again. Next lap, I hit the chicane, AGAIN! No position loss. Next lap, you guessed it…..the chicane and I got real close, again. We’re becoming best buds. Last lap, I’m down in last place. I made sure to NOT hit any walls at the chicane. I succeeded. I don’t know I couldn’t do that on the earlier laps.

2nd Race
I started 9th, then 8th, then 7th. How? I was initially 9th at the very start (before the rolling start even commenced). I went to 8th because someone disconnected. During the rolling start (before the race actually started), someone else disconnected and I went to 7th. I was moving up pretty good thanks to people getting chaotic at the wrong places and me dodging them. I was in 5th, doing well, then…..well, you know what happened. So I was down to 10th. I moved up a few spots thanks to some battling ahead. I found myself in 7th…..back where I started. I’m OK with that seeing as how I gave the chicane a big hug, earlier. On the last lap, coming out of the chicane, the car ahead slowed down a bit too much and I was able to pass him going into the tunnel. I finished in 6th. If not for that hit, it would’ve been a clean race. But I raised my position, so I’m good with that.

3rd Race
Started 6th, finished 4th. On the 1st lap, someone forgot to either shift gears or they forgot they were playing. After the actual race started, they slowed WAY down and just sat there for a second as a bunch of us passed him. Coming up to the 1st sharp right-hander, I got caught up in a scuffle and was pushed a little bit wide. I started to spin, saved it, and got back into it, but down 2 spots. I managed to make my way back to 6th and up to 5th on the next lap. I stayed there until lap 4 when the person in front had a date with the chicane. He hit it perfectly in the side, it threw him into the opposite barrier, and he came to a dead stop. We were a good bit ahead of the group behind us, so he lost only 1 position (I think). Anyway, I passed him there and finished in 4th.

4th Race (Daily Race “A”)
WOW! What a punch fest. I started in 4th, finished in 6th. It could’ve been WAY worse, though. From the start, at the 1st corner, the divebombing started. Myself and 2 others got knocked around a bit by some dufus wanting to take all the spots ahead of him. So he knocked us all off the line, took the spot, and nothing happened. No penalty at all. OK..…whatever. Then I started getting knocked around some more; pushed this way and that. Coming up to the final turn on the 1st lap, I get knocked way wide and get passed by 3 or 4 others. OK, so it’s going to be THAT kind of race. I continued on as I normally do. No retaliation, no banging, no bashing, no divebombing, etc. I then get caught up in a retaliatory hit from one driver on another. There were 2 other cars in the mix, besides the hit man and the victim. I was one of those 2. The hit man did a poor job of being a hit man, though. He tagged his victim only a little bit, and allowed him to go mostly unscathed. And it was enough to allow the other innocent victim to go through, even while taking a bit of a hit, himself. I took the force of a sideswipe and get knocked way into the dirt. The sideswipe actually helped the hit man as it kept him from running that much wider. I recovered, made a pass here and there (thanks to others running side or spinning) and finished in 6th.

I really wish you could save replays of online races..…or even view them.

I haven’t tried DR “C”, yet. I’ve run a few practice laps with the R92, but I just can’t get a good enough time that I’m comfortable with.

Back