"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Ran a bunch of races this morning on my alt. Hadn't any McLaren on it so hopped in the M3 and it could keep up with the meta in a row and outrun it on the back part of the track.
Then I tried the F-type, it's as fast as the Beemer but more stable. Struggle in a tow.
Went to my main to set a K-Score, my target was 2:00.775.
I made it to 2:00.00 in the McLaren but it was such a chore in the curvy parts of the track. So tried the Ford GT and did a 1:59.1 in it
So back to the alt and try it in race.
The first lap was so frustrating as there's now a wall to wall barricade of F-1's all the way up the back part and no way past. And to top that I was constantly pushed into walls by the McLarens behind me. Had 4.5 seconds penalty on the first lap.
But then they spread.out a little and I managed to finish one spot ahead of my starting position.

Next race I saw a small opening and went through. No win but a podium from 11th.

The GT is strong here
My QT with Citroen is 1:57.6XX
But I'm racing with SLS AMG. It's a well balanced car in Tokyo
279 KM/H with no slipstream - 293 with...
At curves zone is faster than Mclaren

The Lamborghini is a really nice alternative for race B, it can keep up with a slipstream down the long straight and is ridiculously quick through the middle sector. It has so much grip you can take no risks and leave the barriers a lot of room and pick up the pieces when the McLaren's get their penalties.

I'm at a current qualifying time of a 1:58.3XX at Tokyo which has me higher than I thought in the current Americas rankings for now. I'm just worried about just touching the wall under race conditions, as well as the other drivers breaking or swerving to avoid touching the wall and sending me into the wall. I swear I've seen the penalty text come up before I've even touched the wall at times. We'll see if I can improve my time tomorrow and be up front to avoid all the chaos I'm sure that will happen.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Or more precisely, what are the combination you think is so bad?
Last week we had the Best Track® at the best time of day in the best class.
This week we have a tribute to Sir Frank Williams, probably not intentionally but none the less, one of the more challenging F1 tracks in game with the most challenging F1.
And a high-speed challenge in a walled in environment where you have to be precise at all time but where several cars are able to win.

And I ran 5 races this morning, all full B/S, no malicious driving, but a few mistakes and at least half of the pack was new for each race
Seem to me that plenty of people are still racing.

First race I did I had a South African and a driver from Greenland in the same.lobby. still no discernible lag.

I think PD is doing a damn fine job.
I also think that GTS is the best racing game I have ever played.

Maybe you should just wait for GT7?
I applaud PD for its technology (miraculous lack of lag, etc) and agree it's the best racing game available. But Race B is a classic example of the lack of care being put into GTS in its waning months. I've raced the Tokyo track probably a hundred or so times, and the wall contact penalties are utterly broken this week -- totally different than before. If you get within a few pixels of the wall (no contact) you still get a hefty 1.5 penalty. (See others' comments on that.) SO: Let's see if they fix it in the upcoming maintenance.

What is currently the 'meta' or recommended car for Race B for setting a 'good' lap time?

This week's races actually interest me so I am gonna participate in them for a stream on my channel but I wanna try and actually get a 'reasonable' qualiy time...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

What is currently the 'meta' or recommended car for Race B for setting a 'good' lap time?

This week's races actually interest me so I am gonna participate in them for a stream on my channel but I wanna try and actually get a 'reasonable' qualiy time...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
The McLaren F1 GTR should be the go to car for Race B but I've seen some good alternatives here and there such as the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, Pug VGT Gr.3, and I think someone also mentioned the Huracan being another good alternative too.

The McLaren F1 GTR should be the go to car for Race B but I've seen some good alternatives here and there such as the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, Pug VGT Gr.3, and I think someone also mentioned the Huracan being another good alternative too.
OK I will go with the GTR first then try the others if need be.

Massive shoutout to @Grille07_ for a fantastic throwback Ferrari livery

View attachment 1096863

Years of F1 gaming really came to my aid here, I must have driven this track in the classics thousands of times by now and was able to drag a tricky 10th place qualy round to 2nd, but more time to come from the lap over the course of the week. I think it's just too much of a struggle for me to be comfortable enough to challenge that high consistently once the playerbase finds its lines and race strat so I'm pleased to save that one as a replay today and see how the races play out going forward.

Did my best lap on the hards, surprised how much you can put on them and they'll hang on in there. Mediums seemed to be chewed up in 3 laps and I was just waiting for the backend to flip the remaining laps until I pitted which it thankfully never did though it gave me some jolts especially accelerating out of Junção (copied and pasted I'm not a savage).

Fun and engaging, but very difficult and needing a lot of focus so with late shifts this week I don't know how much motivation I'll have for it.

[UPDATE] Managed to get a win on my second go round from a second place quaiy, still think there's more in the tank after a 1:20.8 hopefully can find it as the others catch up.
Didn't have any problem with the tyres - did 7 laps on the hards, then swapped to the mediums. What did happen at the pitstop though was that I noticed (too late to do anything about it) I only had 5.9 laps of fuel left, so I had to fuel save for the last 7 laps!

So I finally got some time to do Daily Race C and it was slow in terms of the matchmaking as I was greeted with low DR players. This is probably due to either the time of day when I did Daily Race C or there aren't many peeps wanting to do Daily Race C or could be a combination of both but either a race is a race they say.

1638274898218.png

It was a relief for me as I really wanted to get a win around Interlagos and I was worried at first that my 1:20.4 may not be enough for a top 5 start but due to the matchmaking I started in P2 for this race.

The livery I went for this one is the Williams FW06 (link) as I feel like I wanted to use something different other than the usual Canon or Rothmans era Williams liveries and as a tribute to Sir Frank Williams.

9151342002148771376_23.jpg

Going to the race I was a little bit worried about doing a standing start with the F1500T-A and thankfully enough I was able to get a good start and take the lead after getting through the Senna S curve. I got hit from the back by someone when we approached the Descida do Lago curve but luckily the hit wasn't hard for me to go off track.

And from there it was all about defending my lead. From there I managed to get a win around Interlagos. There was one incident with me involved where someone spun going to the Descida do Lago curve after the player behind me tried to go to the inside line just like I did. As for my tire strat, I wasn't sure on what the optimal tire strat was so I decided to just do 8 laps of the medium compound tire and hards up until the end of the race.

I like to dedicate this win to Sir Frank Williams. As for my two other attempts after that race, the matchmaking started to get into its pace and I was queued with the right DR drivers. Managed to get top 5 finishes.

Last edited:
Man it's a tough week. Race B, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebus, get near a wall and boom 1.5 seconds. Always a tough place to race too, people so impatient. Race C, I just cannot handle the turbo lag, I applaud the combination, great idea, but beyond my skill set.

I think my last post on GTP was maybe 7-8 years ago but here goes....

Really been enjoying GT Sport the past 2 months, not touched a GT since 6 and was getting bored of other games I had.

I like the Daily Race idea with a weekly rotation. No wheel setup but knocking on the door of Driver Rating being an "A" now.

Whoever thought of the Daily Race B was not thinking straight...what a complete mess :ill:.

Poor track layout, one meta car to be truly competitive and chances of being pushed into walls and getting huge penalties are almost guaranteed.

Love Gr3 for competitive races on most tracks but this one just isn't worth playing.

Back to some private lobbies until next week!

So I finally got some time to do Daily Race C and it was slow in terms of the matchmaking as I was greeted with low DR players. This is probably due to either the time of day when I did Daily Race C or there aren't many peeps wanting to do Daily Race C or could be a combination of both but either a race is a race they say.

View attachment 1096950

It was a relief for me as I really wanted to get a win around Interlagos and I was worried at first that my 1:20.4 may not be enough for a top 5 start but due to the matchmaking I started in P2 for this race.

The livery I went for this one is the Williams FW06 (link) as I feel like I wanted to use something different other than the usual Canon or Rothmans era Williams liveries and as a tribute to Sir Frank Williams.

9151342002148771376_23.jpg

Going to the race I was a little bit worried about doing a standing start with the F1500T-A and thankfully enough I was able to get a good start and take the lead after getting through the Senna S curve. I got hit from the back by someone when we approached the Descida do Lago curve but luckily the hit wasn't hard for me to go off track.

And from there it was all about defending my lead. From there I managed to get a win around Interlagos. There was one incident with me involved where someone spun going to the Descida do Lago curve after the player behind me tried to go to the inside line just like I did. As for my tire strat, I wasn't sure on what the optimal tire strat was so I decided to just do 8 laps of the medium compound tire and hards up until the end of the race.

I like to dedicate this win to Sir Frank Williams. As for my two other attempts after that race, the matchmaking started to get into its pace and I was queued with the right DR drivers. Managed to get top 5 finishes.

Nice to see Alan Jones car from 1979. I remember it well.

one meta car to be truly competitive
I have been keeping up and advancing in as different cars as Jag F-type, Ford GT and last but not least BMW M3 '11

Last edited:
The Lamborghini is a really nice alternative for race B, it can keep up with a slipstream down the long straight and is ridiculously quick through the middle sector. It has so much grip you can take no risks and leave the barriers a lot of room and pick up the pieces when the McLaren's get their penalties.
Yeah, man. You proved that well last night! It flies through that middle sector.

It must be said though that it’s a great shame that the wall penalties are this severe. Last time around we had this combo it wasn’t like this. Then we had close, tight racing throughout all of the laps whereas now probably at least one if not more in say a top group of three, four, five cars will catch a penalty (or two, or three!). It completely breaks the momentum of the race, sadly.

Complaints of this specific race being a one-make really makes no sense as almost all races these days are with all the try-hards only opting for the top 10 leaderboard cars. Why would this stand out?

Nice to see Alan Jones car from 1979. I remember it well.

I have been keeping up and advancing in as different cars as Jag F-type, Ford GT and last but not least BMW M3 '11
You are a better player than me for sure!

I tried to give the Peugeot VGT Gr3 a chance because I had a number of wins in the car back at the Monza no chicane Daily Race a few weeks back - the straight line speed was close on that circuit compared to the McLaren but it does not seem comparable on Tokyo Expressway.

I will try your suggestions and see how they do. Thanks 👍 .

You are a better player than me for sure!

I tried to give the Peugeot VGT Gr3 a chance because I had a number of wins in the car back at the Monza no chicane Daily Race a few weeks back - the straight line speed was close on that circuit compared to the McLaren but it does not seem comparable on Tokyo Expressway.

I will try your suggestions and see how they do. Thanks 👍 .
Stay in slip on the loooong straight, then outbrake the McLarens (these cars all do that) and outrun them in the curves.
(And I'm not a Very good player, my perpetual DR rating of B shows that, the fact I still after 800+ races haven't made.it to A. But I experiment and prefer to not run meta)

Last edited:
First meta car race I can remember is the Peugeot VGT at Tokyo. That was wall riding week(or maybe a day) it was a long time ago....It's not new. :lol:

If anything there have been more races lately with a mix of competitive cars.

But it's mostly due to a top driver putting up a ghost early in the week, then everyone starts using the same car for practice, and soon the top 10 board fills up with them, which makes the cars look meta.

Sometimes another driver will pick another car mid-week and the whole thing starts over.

Well I finally am back to report my qualifying practice!

Race A is pretty good as I expected the 500 is a good car all around so I have a 1:09.500, might be able to shave more time off but I think this is an OK time.

Race B was just UGH! for setting a time, a 2:00 flat, those penalties for the wall are impossible, I think I could do a 1:58 so I might try the Lambo or Peugeot to see before the stream.

Race C considering it's the F1500 and it's excellent 'handling' :irked: it took a while to get a lap together but a 1:21:500. Maybe I can get 1:20 I dunno, that car is a real workout.

Gotta do some other stuff first but aiming to start a stream of my attempts around 7-8ish UK time.

First meta car race I can remember is the Peugeot VGT at Tokyo. That was wall riding week(or maybe a day) it was a long time ago....It's not new. :lol:

If anything there have been more races lately with a mix of competitive cars.

But it's mostly due to a top driver putting up a ghost early in the week, then everyone starts using the same car for practice, and soon the top 10 board fills up with them, which makes the cars look meta.

Sometimes another driver will pick another car mid-week and the whole thing starts over.
Hmm... not sure about that. I am thinking if you are one of the top 10 drivers in the world or region on GTS (out of thousands of drivers), you already know the last BOP change impacts, the tracks and the cars. You probably have it down to 2 or 3 cars in your head before you even do a QT lap. And, because you are running relatively perfect laps (unlike the rest of us), the fastest car can be determined pretty quickly. I kind of think that even if the top 10 had no info on the other top players and what car they used for the QT, most would all end up in the same car.

I think the Meta for a B rated driver matters much less, and we see lots of variety there due to people sacrificing raw speed for handling, control and consistency. I am not sure a top 10 person has to give in to that though. It seems they can handle any car.

That said, I know nothing about being a top 10 player....lol But, I have chased their ghosts....lol

I'm using TCS for the F1500 race and I don't care what anyone thinks. :lol: I set my qualifying time without it though.
If I use an open wheel car in GTS, I have to run TCS. Those cars can't control their power out of the corners & I have terrible throttle control. :dunce:

Hmm... not sure about that. I am thinking if you are one of the top 10 drivers in the world or region on GTS (out of thousands of drivers), you already know the last BOP change impacts, the tracks and the cars. You probably have it down to 2 or 3 cars in your head before you even do a QT lap. And, because you are running relatively perfect laps (unlike the rest of us), the fastest car can be determined pretty quickly. I kind of think that even if the top 10 had no info on the other top players and what car they used for the QT, most would all end up in the same car.

I think the Meta for a B rated driver matters much less, and we see lots of variety there due to people sacrificing raw speed for handling, control and consistency. I am not sure a top 10 person has to give in to that though. It seems they can handle any car.

That said, I know nothing about being a top 10 player....lol But, I have chased their ghosts....lol
I wouldn't know about that either. Would be interesting to know. We'd have to ask someone like @Mistah_MCA.

I wonder, does he test every car every week. Or does he have a pretty good idea before the week starts?

Also what friggin' time does he get up on Monday mornings? :lol:

If I use an open wheel car in GTS, I have to run TCS. Those cars can't control their power out of the corners & I have terrible throttle control. :dunce:
I use it for the F1500 and the karts. For the karts I use it more for stability rather than throttle control.

Race B is serving me well this week, with 4 races and a qual time of 7:57:7xx I've started on pole for each race (although the last one some guy was a full 1.2 secs faster but he disappeared) finished p3, p2 ,p1 and p1 respectively, last one i got lucky as the guy in front got a wall pen on the very last corner..... thank you pd gods

Easiest DR grind ever, race B. Just follow the fastest time around to set a lap and start on pole. It's a game of thread-the-needle so you better be consistent, otherwise, you'll regret everything.

Back