"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Tried one Race B with the Ford, it's great through the corners and holds it's own on the straight. Surprised more folks don't use it.
I just had the feeling, that nobody with a sane mindset had used the Beetle in race B. End of lap one, a McLaren overtook me and I was perfectly in his slipstream. 290km/h or 180.1976 miles per hour...in a Beetle. I don't have to mention how heavenly it handels in the mid-sector.

Last edited:
I tried a qualifying run for Race "C". The F1500T-A isn't my favorite formula car to drive, but it's pretty good if you can keep it under control. But man, that turbo lag and those long gear changes can just kill your momentum.

Anyway.....

I did an abysmal lap. I can definitely be much better and I know where I can pick up tons of time at several spots. But I just wanted to put in a couple laps to see where I stand. When I was checking the top qualifiers to see how far back I was, I was shocked I was that far off the pace. But then I noticed the top name.....IOF_RACING17.

I know I'm not going to get anywhere NEAR his time. Yes, I can probably gain another 4-5 seconds, but I'd still be quite a ways back. And I'm OK with that, lol. Igor is an insanely great driver (as evidenced by his wins in the World Series Championships and a Nations Cup champion). So getting nowhere near his time doesn't bother me, at all.

Hit a milestone this evening, on track to be A+ by saturday.

20211202_194308.jpg

Really good going for me in Daily Race C this week, even beat some A+ drivers 😎 DR went up to 46,3K, before dropping down by like 500 in daily B. One of the best daily races I have done for sure, and not too easy to overtake either. And the car is a beast! I do have a good feel how to drive it consistently, plus I do not struggle with saving fuel either. Might try to push to see if I can go to A+ rating doing a bunch of daily race C, after Saturday`s Manufacturer series race. Might be a struggle now, since I normally race in 42-44K DR lobbies. Also, looks my livery I made this week is getting some attention as well. For some reason the PS Community site thinks FW16 is some swear word or something lol 🙃

1638440071965.png

1638440145773.png

1638440284983.png

Had a eventful session of Daily Race B where I only managed to do 4 races today.

My first session was all over the place to say the least. I accidentally hit someone in T1 and it caused me to tumble down the order from P2 to P7 but eventually after being able to be consistent in the remaining 2 laps by avoiding the deadly walls, was able to recover to at least P4 as my finishing position. However my SR got down so hard during my first session that in the next session, the matchmaking made me race against low DR players.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20211202105135.png

Since I was sent to that part of DR matchmaking, it was a easy win with me being able to gap my nearest rival by 4 secs.

For my third session the matchmaking was similar to my second session but with a mix of A rated drivers. I was in for a treat because the pole sitter gave me a good time chasing him and as for me I played the long game as I continued to be behind him and despite me getting a 1.5 sec for hitting the wall, I got lucky in the last lap as the pole sitter hit the wall too thus getting the 1.5 sec penalty so I managed to catch up and take the lead before the final straight and from there I landed my 160th win.

For my final session for today, I started in P4 but one place behind me was a somewhat known dirty player here in the Asia-Oceania region so I had to be very careful and counter stuff that he may do to screw up my race and just as expected on the last lap on the final straight he did something dirty.

Throughout the race I kept him in check and just being consistent throughout the race free from wall penalties then the last lap came and on the final straight I managed to be in slipstream range and overtake him but I noticed that while I'm almost completing my pass on him he was trying to squeeze me on the right hand of the track so that I'll end up slowing down and maybe get a wall penalty but I wasn't having any of it so I decided to not move my steering input and have my car go slightly to the left like its on a straight so I can gain some speed and some room so once I completed my pass that's where I turned my car slightly to the right in order to make some room and as expected he did something dirty by slamming me to the right twice but he was too late as we both cross the finish line for me to get a podium finish. Quite satisfying I would say and deserving of a Vettel like finger wag (Mexico 2016) on him.

Last edited:
Next week's dailies:

Race A: N300 @ Brands Indy | 7 laps | SM
Race B: Gr.4 @ Monza | 4 laps | RM
Race C: Gr.3 @ Alsace II | 10 laps | RS/RM | Tyres x6 | Fuel x2
Well, back into hibernation (from the Daily races) after this week for me then. Glad I got 1 last hurrah in my favorite car in this game...

Put a quali time this morning on Race C and go for FM1 as advise by @GTWolverine. Manage to drop my laptime by half a second, wich mean 7 sec over the race for a 2 sec refuel. Worth it. From pole and without a fight I could clean the race in 19m35.

Got 2 pole and 2 win. One of them I had to put a big defense and then I was clear for the rest of the race

The second pole, I ended up second after the guy behind me gain ground slowly every lap. I pit for Hard in lap 8 and he stayed out one more lap and he pulled out of pit in front. It was a good race where we fight on laptime. Finish 1.5 sec behind him.

51719710901_a4308bfe6e_z.jpg

Next week races feels bland compare to last two weeks.

A dirty lobby but here’s the highlight.

From winning to 6th.....all because he didn't want 1 person to pass him on the final lap. What an ego. And it looks like no one knows how to bump draft. It's insanely easy on that track with that long straight. He could've done some bump-drafting, then cut out before the line and gained another spot. Even with all the battling, he could've bump-drafted someone to pull ahead, then made a pass on them. The egos some people have in a game is laughable, to say the least.

And I bet most of them wonder why their DR/SR won't go any higher.

From winning to 6th.....all because he didn't want 1 person to pass him on the final lap. What an ego. And it looks like no one knows how to bump draft. It's insanely easy on that track with that long straight. He could've done some bump-drafting, then cut out before the line and gained another spot. Even with all the battling, he could've bump-drafted someone to pull ahead, then made a pass on them. The egos some people have in a game is laughable, to say the least.

And I bet most of them wonder why their DR/SR won't go any higher.
I didn’t mention that he started p1 and was dirty from go. He brake checked someone before the hairpin. He was also blocking people. That clip was the highlight of it all. The whole lobby was shaky. This was DR B SR A

Last edited:
It's funny that after a race, I still see people saying to another driver that they reported them. :lol::lol::lol:
Have any of you ever heard that PD took any actions at all, against a person for something that happened on the track?

I know that Sony will take action against someone for sending a profane or threatening message on the PS network. But, that's about it.
As far as I know, the report button in the game is just for decoration.

Last edited:
Just ran a "B" race. I used the 911 RSR as I can drive it closer to the limit and keep it under control more than I can the McLaren. I started in 16th and finished 14th. I got a penalty on lap 3 for apparently hitting a wall or something coming up to the final 2 turns. I didn't even feel it with the FFB. I was purposefully driving slower than normal to try and keep it clean so I wouldn't lose any DR or SR. But I guess even barely touching the wall/barrier, even if you can't tell that you you did, gets you a penalty.

I ran a couple "A" races earlier just to get my miles for the daily gift. I did pretty well in both of those. I started 2nd in the 2nd race and wound up in 1st at the 1st turn. The leader hit the brakes at the normal spot as if you're coming from another lap. He obviously slowed WAY down and got passed by 3 other cars. I stayed in 1st for 3 laps, but ran a bit deep into turn 1 on lap 4 and had to over-correct for turn 2. That slowed me down enough for P2 to pass me. At the final turn of lap 5, I hit the turn like normal but got pushed wide by P3 and was subsequently passed by him and 1 other driver. So I finished 4th after starting 2nd. My 1st race in "A" was much better as I started 3 and finished 2nd.

Last edited:
I had a great time last week on the N24, finally some speed on that track. Many victories, much fun, all from the back. I saved 13 random races on Saturday and spliced them all together in my biggest overtake compilation yet. 13 races in one.

Here's the version without music in case of copyright issues

I didn't count how many cars I passed, too many. It was chaos on Saturday.

This week I'm trying out Tokyo which is a whole new level of challenge from the back due to the wall penalties. My reflexes want to avoid cars, that is, hit the wall instead of a car screwing up in front of me. 1.5 sec, 3 sec, there you go for not hitting people. When you get squeezed, tap the other car first before the wall to avoid a penalty. Plus they don't ghost after hitting the wall in front of you, red SR for running into a wall bouncer.

Fun race though, yet how come so few people know what draft bumping is. I'm getting brake checked for helping people get closer to the front 🤣

Put a quali time this morning on Race C and go for FM1 as advise by @GTWolverine. Manage to drop my laptime by half a second, wich mean 7 sec over the race for a 2 sec refuel. Worth it. From pole and without a fight I could clean the race in 19m35.

Got 2 pole and 2 win. One of them I had to put a big defense and then I was clear for the rest of the race

The second pole, I ended up second after the guy behind me gain ground slowly every lap. I pit for Hard in lap 8 and he stayed out one more lap and he pulled out of pit in front. It was a good race where we fight on laptime. Finish 1.5 sec behind him.

51719710901_a4308bfe6e_z.jpg

Next week races feels bland compare to last two weeks.

Those are some tasty liveries

I had a great time last week on the N24, finally some speed on that track. Many victories, much fun, all from the back. I saved 13 random races on Saturday and spliced them all together in my biggest overtake compilation yet. 13 races in one.

Here's the version without music in case of copyright issues

I didn't count how many cars I passed, too many. It was chaos on Saturday.

This week I'm trying out Tokyo which is a whole new level of challenge from the back due to the wall penalties. My reflexes want to avoid cars, that is, hit the wall instead of a car screwing up in front of me. 1.5 sec, 3 sec, there you go for not hitting people. When you get squeezed, tap the other car first before the wall to avoid a penalty. Plus they don't ghost after hitting the wall in front of you, red SR for running into a wall bouncer.

Fun race though, yet how come so few people know what draft bumping is. I'm getting brake checked for helping people get closer to the front 🤣

That is one epic edit! :bowdown: Well done. Working this from 13 different file is just crazy. Did you do that in ShareFactory?

The driving is worth mentioning too. :D:cheers:

3 more races tonight with 2 disastrous results.

Race 1 I’m one of two B ranked drivers in a lobby of A/A+ drivers starting P13 on the grid. I try and keep up but a penalty on the first lap doesn’t help. Then 2 additional wall hits on the second lap puts me way out of contention. I do my best to catch up but can only muster a P14 in the end. I can only blame myself for that one.

Race 2 I’m back in a full B ranked lobby with myself in P7. At the turn 1 mess, I get absolutely killed by someone just barreling into the turn and I got t-boned. I got hit so hard it reset me and I’m in P16 and furious. Upon watching the replay, they perhaps forgot about the extra speed with the slip and was too late on the brakes. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I push the car too hard and hit the wall. I decide to see if I can catch up, and I do on the next lap. I get behind a Porsche and a Corvette on the long strait and force them to draft whether they liked it or not. I get by the Porsche in turn 1 and the Corvette on the long strait and see what I can do in P13. I manage to get past 2 cars in the final turn and stick my nose right in the rear bumper of P11, who had a penalty, to get a draft going, but they break check me, and the other car in the draft train behind me gets into the back of me. We all slow down, but still finish in the same order.

Race 3 is much better with me in P8 to start. I run into some problems with divers playing bumper cars in the “esses” section and I, somehow, don’t get any penalties and gain some spots. P4 gets by me after the long straight the next lap and I just can’t catch up to them and finish P5. I got a clean race bonus despite all the bumper cars earlier.

I want to race some more, but I don’t want to risk my overall positive DR gain this week. But it is a fun race for me at least. I might roll the dice one more time tomorrow to limit any bad results I might get.

I'm having the opposite and people are passing me on the long straight instead of bump drafting. I don't know how much time we are losing by going side by side, but I tuck in immediately after they get by me. Still a fun race like you said.

I tried a qualifying run for Race "C". The F1500T-A isn't my favorite formula car to drive, but it's pretty good if you can keep it under control. But man, that turbo lag and those long gear changes can just kill your momentum.

Anyway.....

I did an abysmal lap. I can definitely be much better and I know where I can pick up tons of time at several spots. But I just wanted to put in a couple laps to see where I stand. When I was checking the top qualifiers to see how far back I was, I was shocked I was that far off the pace. But then I noticed the top name.....IOF_RACING17.

I know I'm not going to get anywhere NEAR his time. Yes, I can probably gain another 4-5 seconds, but I'd still be quite a ways back. And I'm OK with that, lol. Igor is an insanely great driver (as evidenced by his wins in the World Series Championships and a Nations Cup champion). So getting nowhere near his time doesn't bother me, at all.
Igor's replays are like art. His brake inputs and downshifting are so on point every time. If you ever watch him stream he's a machine of consistency and well worth a study of his style.

It feels satisfying to finally land a sub 1:57 for Daily Race B. With this I'm confident that at least up until the new dailies pop up I'm able to start in the top 5 for Daily Race B.
1638534030066.png

I was quite surprised to see the overall reception of Race C. I thought it was fine for me, a mix of concentration and survival. However, the race I had yesterday was interesting due to one player in the green Huracan. It had qualified at the top 3 spot and when the race began, it slowed down purposely for no reason.
View attachment 1095650
Eventually throughout the race, the green Huracan made its own challenge to get back a few positions in an aggressive manner.

Eventually it crashed with a barrier and received a 1.5 second penalty, never returning to its original position. The funny thing is, this was not the first time it had happen. The last time from what I remembered was back at LeMans with the classic Gr.1 cars, from the same driver!

Just for curiosity sakes, is this the same driver? He also did the same thing in my recent Daily Race B outing and I thought its not a good idea to pull some last to whichever place challenge especially on a track like Tokyo Expressway East Inner unless most drivers suffer the wrath of the wall penalties (which is possible).

Last edited:
Just for curiosity sakes, is this the same driver? He also did the same thing in my recent Daily Race B outing and I thought its not a good idea to pull some last to whichever place challenge especially on a track like Tokyo Expressway East Inner unless most drivers suffer the wrath of the wall penalties (which is possible).

Yes, this is the same driver. Sometimes I wonder if he misses the driving missions from GT4.

That was a very creative way to present the story... melding the dozen+ races on a constant timeline.
My dream race is N24 race with 200 cars on track. Atm this is the only way to create the illusion :) (Of course I wouldn't be passing a hundred cars in 2 laps...)

Maybe one day will get multi class endurance events on the Nurburgring with 100+ cars. With real time weather!

Back