"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
My Esteemed Racing Colleagues,

I hope that this post finds you well.

I bear tidings of grave countenance.

There are those of you who seem to have failed to notice that the track in Race C, for the second week in a row, is trying to straight up murder each and every one of us.

For my fellow drivers to make war upon each other in the face of such a grave communal threat causes me to suffer a palsy of the mind such that there is no whiskey strong enough... no tobacco fine enough... and no hemp of adequate dankness... to deliver more than a fleeting reprieve.

When you choose to ignore the perils of this week's Race C Track, the price is not yours alone to pay.

Please, in the spirit of sportsmanship true, pay this lethal ribbon of asphalt the attention it demands.

Yours Eternally,

Fractal Salt

Nice @Sven Jurgens!
I finally decided to start playing again after over a year's hiatus. Definitely like riding a bike. I managed to pick up a few things wins at Dragon Trail yesterday and the day before and won in the B race today as well. I'm way behind you at only 31 wins.

Seems like PD stole some of my site ideas or maybe they had planned on doing that from the beginning. It will be interesting to see what, if any, data is available in a semi public interface for GT7.
Great to see you around again! I've been taking breaks as well, yet the ring always calls me back and then I stick around for a bit until I've had enough again of getting punted off. The Nordschleife is more like breathing than riding a bike for me at this point. Almost half of my victories are from that track and close to 25% of my total race count :lol:

Enjoy the races before you start collecting stats again :)

The site was awesome, this graph fueled my non qualifying back then:
uungj6C.jpg

Get the largest gap between the green and the blue, meta game.

Good luck on the track. I'll be around at Spa during the week. I took a break today after last weekend's marathon :cheers:

Every car In B Race Did a U turn went back to their starting position and circled for almost a minute then the auto drive went off starting in the wrong direction. Who has seen this?

Every car In B Race Did a U turn went back to their starting position and circled for almost a minute then the auto drive went off starting in the wrong direction. Who has seen this?
Anyone who's raced a lot because it will happen at some point, although it's often different each time.:lol:

The driver who is stuck in the pits causes it, it's something to do with PSN messaging/party chat, I don't know the full details. Some do it by accident, others just to troll and some even do it to help a mate out, as every car starting behind the glitcher gets it but all drivers in front of them start as normal so gain big time from it. :crazy:

If everyone had it, I guess it's also possible it could happen if there is someone (or multiple people) in the race with very bad connections, I wouldn't be surprised by that at all as I've seen some very odd things happen with people who have 1 bar connections.:indiff:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Great to see you around again! I've been taking breaks as well, yet the ring always calls me back and then I stick around for a bit until I've had enough again of getting punted off. The Nordschleife is more like breathing than riding a bike for me at this point. Almost half of my victories are from that track and close to 25% of my total race count :lol:

Enjoy the races before you start collecting stats again :)

The site was awesome, this graph fueled my non qualifying back then:
uungj6C.jpg

Get the largest gap between the green and the blue, meta game.

Good luck on the track. I'll be around at Spa during the week. I took a break today after last weekend's marathon :cheers:
Looks like you love Autopolis.

TC 1 for standing starts, and switch it off after the first corner.
Use MR cars in the wet for more grip/weight over the rear tyres.
And don't use TC in GT Sport - you won't learn proper throttle modulation ever, you won't be in full control, and you won't be able to reach top lobbies if that's the goal (even TC 1 is too inhibiting).
Fake News
TCS 1 is not what you think it is. It's not the least bit inhibiting. TCS 1 doesn't not ever cut power, like TCS 2,3,4, & 5.
It only helps your drive wheels get grip in a straight line. It does nothing for you in the turns.
On a wet track in particular, there is literally no good reason to have it turned off.
I don't see why you would consider it beneficial for a start, but then detrimental afterwards.

Looking forward to gr3 MR cars at Spa. My only manufacturer race win is in that combo, using the R8. Below a clip, insane save at Eau Rouge. Ended up winning by like 4-5 sec.

Daily a and b I will only try on my second account for the lols 😁

Okay.. after watching this i can see why i hurt myself last night.. patience and then more patience.. i am not sure i have that much

Fake News
TCS 1 is not what you think it is. It's not the least bit inhibiting. TCS 1 doesn't not ever cut power, like TCS 2,3,4, & 5.
It only helps your drive wheels get grip in a straight line. It does nothing for you in the turns.
On a wet track in particular, there is literally no good reason to have it turned off.
I don't see why you would consider it beneficial for a start, but then detrimental afterwards.
I was racing with TCS 1 on the Nord, it doesn't do much for the start either. Plenty races were ice skating at the start, couple times I spun into the wall applying to much power coming onto the start straight.

I made a compilation of 3 Sunday night races, the 8 pm, 10 pm and 11:30 pm EST races on the NA servers Januari 16th.

3 clean fast races on the Nord, this time from replays edited together with multiple camera angles to cover the action.

Thanks to all the great drivers that came out Sunday night making it one of the best nights in GT Sport! Thank you!

I did do a few race Cs earlier but not much racing was happening. What I did do was a lot of sliding, spinning and general rubbish driving and beat people who quit and a few others who were doing worse than I was. I need a lot more practice in the wet, so the other times of day would have been a bit easier for me but oh well. :indiff:

I might get there eventually so I'll keep on trying. 👍

Couple of observations from race C:
1. It's exhausting..... and I'm using controller. I imagine the wheel users can skip a day at the gym if they just do a couple C races. :lol:
2. It isn't very dirty. I was using a C/E account. Either the cretins can't control their cars well enough to kill the other drivers, or they just have to use all of their focus to stay on the track.
3. Maybe the Corvette isn't the best car for that race. It wasn't fun. The only thing I was proud of was not getting any track limit penalties. I finished 6th, and was in the final chicane when time ran out. :dunce:

I did get knocked off the track and spun out by two different people, but I'm not sure that they meant to do it.

@sturk0167 People are not dirty because there is 50% chance you kill yourself trying a dirty trick.

Three more Race C from the back this morning. One of them where I made good progress from 13th to 5th but I spun in the chicane before starting last lap. A train of 5 cars passes before I could point the front of the car in the right direction. Finish 10th.

Another race I manage a nice overtake into turn 1 with me cutting back in but the guy get too hard on the gaz get sideways and hit me. I did not spun but he disaperead in the distance while I was trying to get regain control of my car.

I'm still not confortable but I manage to lap around 2.49-50 when track is clear with my best being 2.48.

The trick is to stay on track, if you go off, you get dirty tires which will send you into the infernal downspiral of dirty tires and spin off track. Rinse / repeat every 2 coners.

Also saw @dlshearon racing to a solid 4th this morning, well done bro!

Anyone who's raced a lot because it will happen at some point, although it's often different each time.:lol:

The driver who is stuck in the pits causes it, it's something to do with PSN messaging/party chat, I don't know the full details. Some do it by accident, others just to troll and some even do it to help a mate out, as every car starting behind the glitcher gets it but all drivers in front of them start as normal so gain big time from it. :crazy:

If everyone had it, I guess it's also possible it could happen if there is someone (or multiple people) in the race with very bad connections, I wouldn't be surprised by that at all as I've seen some very odd things happen with people who have 1 bar connections.:indiff:

Thank you for the explanation. I have done a bit of racing between 2 accounts and have never had this before.
Cheers.

@sturk0167 People are not dirty because there is 50% chance you kill yourself trying a dirty trick.

Three more Race C from the back this morning. One of them where I made good progress from 13th to 5th but I spun in the chicane before starting last lap. A train of 5 cars passes before I could point the front of the car in the right direction. Finish 10th.

Another race I manage a nice overtake into turn 1 with me cutting back in but the guy get too hard on the gaz get sideways and hit me. I did not spun but he disaperead in the distance while I was trying to get regain control of my car.

I'm still not confortable but I manage to lap around 2.49-50 when track is clear with my best being 2.48.

The trick is to stay on track, if you go off, you get dirty tires which will send you into the infernal downspiral of dirty tires and spin off track. Rinse / repeat every 2 coners.

Also saw @dlshearon racing to a solid 4th this morning, well done bro!

Yes so much this. You've just got to stay on the track, go off and you'll be slow for a long time afterwards too even if you don't spin again. :crazy:

I did encounter one dirty driver who used me to get round a corner, they went off a few corners later and I went through but I messed up later on and lost seconds so next lap they forced their way through again (not as bad as first time) only to go off at the same corner once more and I never saw them again. :D

Tried Race A. Good race. Strong grid.

Started/finished 4th. QT 1:04.65. Door #3, should have finished 3rd.

1 & 2 were gone, like 5 seconds ahead. I followed about 1 second behind the car in front the whole way. Cars behind me were about 9 seconds behind from about the 4th lap. I knew I had the space behind so I waited for the car in front to make a mistake. They didn't. :guilty: :lol:

Fun. Haven't run Tsukuba in a while.

My Esteemed Racing Colleagues,

I hope that this post finds you well.

I bear tidings of grave countenance.

There are those of you who seem to have failed to notice that the track in Race C, for the second week in a row, is trying to straight up murder each and every one of us.

For my fellow drivers to make war upon each other in the face of such a grave communal threat causes me to suffer a palsy of the mind such that there is no whiskey strong enough... no tobacco fine enough... and no hemp of adequate dankness... to deliver more than a fleeting reprieve.

When you choose to ignore the perils of this week's Race C Track, the price is not yours alone to pay.

Please, in the spirit of sportsmanship true, pay this lethal ribbon of asphalt the attention it demands.

Yours Eternally,

Fractal Salt
Race C is awesome! I really like that PD have opened up the box a bit on the Dailies as GTS winds down. This one is a fun challenge. Exhausting, but fun!
It's happened to me a couple of times. Really weird and frustrating, but nothing you can do about it. Not sure if someone has offered a technical explanation. The time I recall it most clearly was a race at Brands... we all just did as you said. Chaos.
Fake News
Personally I find that I rely too much on it, if it's even at 1, and FWIW it seems people are pulling away from me when I run it on 1 or 2 at Spa. I've typically started the race on 2 for lap 1, make sure to get out and away safely, then turn it off to try to keep pace at the front. Worked for me yesterday, but as the week goes on, let's see. I usually do run wet Spa with 0 TCS for most of the racing in the Porsche. Discipline is required, but for me, I'm just a shade quicker.

Started a Race C in P7 (all B/S room), in the 911, and was P2 after turn 1 carnage ahead of me! The pole sitter, in an NSX, got away cleanly, and was already 3.5 seconds ahead after Eau Rouge....

I expected the rest of the field to catch me up, but I had an unusually tidy race with no major moments, and they stayed well behind. I had no chance of catching the polesitter, who finished 35 seconds ahead of me - not bad going for a 7 lap race!! Not a driver I recognised, possibly an alien on an alt account?

This my second wet race experience and yeah it confirms my feeling that the modeling is all wrong. Its a really weird grip model, it shouldn't be that hard to get on the gas in the wet.

Spa was tougher than I thought, managed a 2.50 flat but in race I feel like there is absolutely no grip anywhere and struggle to hit a 2.55. I tried the 911 and nsx first. 911, as usual, the tc is just so intrusive and it bigs down an engine that has to be revved hard. Thr nsx felt better for sure but I couldn't beat the 51.5 the 911 did.

So I tried the amg merc, figuring its usually well planted and the tc is, to me, the best of any car in the game. Sure as sunshine, a 2.50 flat. You guys should try it.

I may skip this week though, something in the races feels off.
What car / tyres are you using? I did a 2:47 on my first lap on a controller (will do a few more today) - 911 on full wet tyres

Contrary to what most are seemingly finding to be frustrating and lame, I personally I think Daily Race C is great this week. I'm not sure that GTS simulates rain conditions quite that well (especially coming from ACC) but it's great to have a race that's about more than scorching qualifying times in absolutely perfect conditions.

Hope they throw some real curveballs like this in GT7 (night time, changing weather etc). And start bringing in cool tyre strategies too!

I tried every button on my controller, but didn't see or feel a change.
You need to cycle through your Multifunction Display (radar, fuel, lap/sector times, course map) to the blue page with TCS on it, and then turn it up or down.

By default on the DS4 the MFD pages are left and right on the D-pad, and adjusting any individual function is up and down on the D-pad. If you've changed the default layout, you will need to look in the controllers page in settings to find out.

I wish I would have recorded it, but maybe I can explain it good enough for anyone to judge.
Race C the high speed section (isn't straight) before the chicane, before start/finish. Me in the NSX, a Porsche goes wide, overtaking me on the right side, so being off track. Than swerved left, right in front of me.Him/her lost speed by coming back to the track or already breaked for the chicane. I touched his back, really just a little bump, but on a wet road, with that speed, it was fatal to him/her. i didn't feel guilty , but maybe I was. Let me add, that I really didn't foresee, how this turned out. "it was all happening so fast"

by the way, I started 7th and finished 2nd, with a 30sec. gap to place 1(DR A driver) and 11sec gap to the 3rd.(DR D)
except from the first lap, I constantly clocked a 3.01,***
NSX was nice.Audi is a bit faster though.

You need to cycle through your Multifunction Display (radar, fuel, lap/sector times, course map) to the blue page with TCS on it, and then turn it up or down.

By default on the DS4 the MFD pages are left and right on the D-pad, and adjusting any individual function is up and down on the D-pad. If you've changed the default layout, you will need to look in the controllers page in settings to find out.
great. thanks

I wish I would have recorded it, but maybe I can explain it good enough for anyone to judge.
Race C the high speed section (isn't straight) before the chicane, before start/finish. Me in the NSX, a Porsche goes wide, overtaking me on the right side, so being off track. Than swerved left, right in front of me.Him/her lost speed by coming back to the track or already breaked for the chicane. I touched his back, really just a little bump, but on a wet road, with that speed, it was fatal to him/her. i didn't feel guilty , but maybe I was. Let me add, that I really didn't foresee, how this turned out. "it was all happening so fast"

by the way, I started 7th and finished 2nd, with a 30sec. gap to place 1(DR A driver) and 11sec gap to the 3rd.(DR D)
except from the first lap, I constantly clocked a 3.01,***
NSX was nice.Audi is a bit faster though.

great. thanks
3.01?? Which tyres are you on? I just ran my first race in Race C and ran 2:47s all race with a fastest lap of 2:47.1. That's with the 911 on full wet tyres, TCS off using a controller. Second place (who qualified ahead of me) finished 12 seconds back.

Maybe you just need to be a bit more patient on the throttle, or are people trying to race on intermediate tyres?

Race C is all about consistency. Stay on the track, get it round, rinse/repeat. Sounds like a normal race but I find it really hard to do in the wet.

Car choice…at my level (C) I’m not sure it really matters. I’ve seen the videos where MR is strongly endorsed. Personally, I’m using the car I’m most comfortable with.

As for driving aids, I use whatever it takes. No point in trying to be a hero with TCS 0 if you spend half your lap going sideways.

It also looks like an SR killer due to the mayhem of the start and first lap or so. After that, most folks appear to settle down a little.

I aim for a top half finish. Most satisfying in difficult conditions.

Seems I go better around Spa in the wet than in the dry 😂

Had some good B/S races, using the NSX (I don't like how the Audi feels). Started one race in P3 and was punted twice in the first turn to P18. 7th by lap 2, but came across a dirty baw bag and ended up 12th.

Finished 3rd in the last race though. Tense stuff!

Thanks to dropping to SR.A in the start hustle, I got my first victory at Spa. The leader was 13 seconds ahead, spun in the last lap and couldn't recover from his dirty tires. He kept going wide and eventually finished 7 seconds behind me. Next race I placed second and back to SR.S.

I using the Audi R8. TCS 2 trying to work with TCS which forces me to be very smooth on the steering and corner entry speed which is always good. I got down to 2:49.025 best lap, plenty room for improvement but stringing it all together without a little slide here and there causing TCS to bog down the car proves to be a big challenge.

Hardest is actually judging my corner speed. I don't look at the speedometer and judge my speed by the engine sound. However the revs are so low half the time it's hard to tell whether I'm on the right 'frequeny' :) It will come with more practice my neck already hurts after two races. Too intense!

So different from the Nordschleife. I race with a DS4 while standing and have almost fallen over a couple times leaning in the corners (cause if you lean extra hard you can still make that corner!) yet on Spa my body is tensely locked in one position. Kinda like standing on ice trying not to fall!

Back