"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I'm loving race C. Have run 3 races so far in the 911. Won the first two in a mixed field and finished 4th in the 3rd starting 5th. The 4 cars ahead were A+ with 2:44 qualifying times (I'm stuck on 2:46.5). That's with TCS off on controller.

The 911 seems well suited but might try the NSX next since that's what all the leaders seem to be running.

I gotta say that I'm also loving Race C!

dGJkPov.png
iNZM9ol.jpg
My very first race after a 2 year break from playing GTS.
Not much happened. I was just trying to stay on track, honestly. No qualify lap set yet. I was at 5th place by the end of lap 2. Someone at 2nd rage quit after spinning around and 3rd and 4th place also lost control at Les Combes and Bruxelles, so I got 2nd by just driving slow :lol:

GWZt8LZ.png
Second race was nice! Starting at 15th (still no quali lap), I managed to jump straight to 8th at the very first turn. Funny thing is: there were no carnage! Folks just tried their best to not lose control, everyone breaking a tad too late, so there was a little open space for me to squeeze in. I didn't torpedo anyone, so huzzah!
My car is the last car with yellow lights at the left of this pic. Then BAM, suddenly 8th.
mBdS5VH.jpg
QLDBGUe.jpg
7th and 6th place lost control during Eau Rouge, both 4th and 3rd place lost control at Les Combes, each at lap 3 and 4. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably finish in 4th because the guy driving a NSX was way, way faster than me.
Contrary to the first race, I spun out once, at the final chicane in lap 6. It was very slow and akward...

TL/DR; love Spa, love the rain and I love even more those 2 new liveries I made :sly:

This shot is my favorite:

Best day I`ve had on GTS B So clean all day it was a pleasure to race people that give each other room. It really was like I was at the track in my own cars. Apart from 1 or 2 idiots that couldn`t keep up because the position challenges were so clean and fast still. It`s like my avatar Mr Gazoo clicked his fingers and made it so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Run on Alt… multiple race CRB and fighting in top 5 at Race C.

Seems like a great time to run Dailies on the main! Get it to A+ rating finally!

Lap one, get dumped on the exit of La Source (by an overzealous Senna stickered Brazilian of course, who was forced wide by others and thought he was entitled to shove his way back onto the track with no regard for others). In the top split, no less! Always. Happens. On. The. Main.

So... I'm 7 secs behind the field as I look down to Eau Rouge for the first time.

But... ran down the rest of the field and clawed back up to 11th by the end, nearly getting the next two for 9th place at the last chicane... a really fun race and you're never really out of it if you stay disciplined and within the limits.

Don't know if I'll have time or chance it on the main again, but hope to get a few more races in this week.

Last edited:
Trying the NSX today and I can't get my lap below 2.50. Back to Porsche it is. I'm racing from last and fighting to not finish last. Oh well. 😕

Both of them, Gr3 and Gr4 never work that well for me, don't know why since they are not even close to rubbish and others don't have any problems using them. :dopey:

Driving it in the rain is no different, still slower than I should be in this car, Porsche, Audi and even the Peugeot are quicker for me, well when I'm not stuck in traffic or spinning around. :lol:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Race C is great to gain DR if you simply drive carefully. I'm making up 14 positions per race, overtaking maybe 2 or 3 cars lol. But still not sure if it's fun, fun to drive but it's also painful, literally. For once I would say, 6 laps would have been better, longer break to stretch :)

It's pretty clean still, just some clumsy stuff going on and the usual blocking. Less blocking though as any sudden movements are not recommended. The start is pot luck and driving the Audi R8 is great. I pass nearly half the field at the start driving down the middle, Audi does great starting on TCS 2. All those NSX's sit there spinning their wheels. Of course the hard part is T1 with said half of the field coming down on you :lol:

Race C is great to gain DR if you simply drive carefully. I'm making up 14 positions per race, overtaking maybe 2 or 3 cars lol. But still not sure if it's fun, fun to drive but it's also painful, literally. For once I would say, 6 laps would have been better, longer break to stretch :)

It's pretty clean still, just some clumsy stuff going on and the usual blocking. Less blocking though as any sudden movements are not recommended. The start is pot luck and driving the Audi R8 is great. I pass nearly half the field at the start driving down the middle, Audi does great starting on TCS 2. All those NSX's sit there spinning their wheels. Of course the hard part is T1 with said half of the field coming down on you :lol:
Exactly right... it IS a taxing event... a couple races in and I'm spent. Requires 1000000% focus. But as you said, a prime race to earn DR and you're never out of it. Have been able to make up a ton of spots over the races I've participated in so far.

But as you said, a prime race to earn DR and you're never out of it
Correct, sir.
Here's an improbable win, gift wrapped for me.
I'm in 3rd, about 6 or 7 seconds behind. The dude in 2nd place massively overreacted to a slight bump from the Argentinian.
I appear at the end, in my Ford GT. :)

I love that the crowd is cheering for the crash. :lol:

Last edited:
My goodness, you are so smooth. I can't compete with that, like at all.
Thanks ☺️

Good info here, definitely I could feel the NSX is the quali car to be in. 2.45.6 with it, I reckon there could be 2-3 more tenths, but it probably takes a very long time to nail everything in the wet.

I may try the R8 though for the race, due to a better launch, and it is fast enough. Binging this race tomorrow after work on main account 🏁

So I decided to try Race C in my alt account. Unfortunately, that account didn't have any Gr 3 MR cars! I raced a couple of Race A's to try to get enough points to buy one and then got a Daily Workout car: the Huracan! Decided to try it. It actually seemed more stable than any of the cars I've been trying in my main account. Ran two races. Started 16 in 1 finished P9, started 11 (actually started out 16, but 5 guys quit even before the race started) and finished P5. Spun out a couple of times, but both times the car behind me was double-digit seconds behind so I didn't lose position. Even passed a couple of cars; not all the positions gained were due to wrecks! Here are some pics:
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220119162611.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220119165558.jpg

Last edited:
The top split rooms are accustomed to the track, and business as usual in the back. Some dropping to SR.A after the race. I can't keep up with 2:44 laps, I just did my best yet 2:47.5 and finished 13th, mostly thanks to a few quitting and others crashing. I didn't overtake anyone, but got passed a couple times. Clean this time, race before I simply got bumped off by a lift off the brakes to move me out of the way...

I guess I'll slowly bleed DR again until I drop into the next split. Top split is no good from the back. Pass wreck, wreck wants to get back to front. Do I just move over? I'm holding steady lines but generally do 2:48 / 2:49 laps, thus an obstacle for the front crashers.

Does the start run any better on PS5 btw? I'm playing on ps4 pro and my fps tanks to single digits in T1 :lol:
4k HDR at 10 fps, dramatic effect.

Starting from the back in the top split is intense on Spa, driving more by feel and radar than by vision :eek:

First lap in the back of a fast loby, very clean even though there's hardly any visibility!

The field split in two after the first lap and than gradually spread out. Fun and exhausting at the same time.

Last edited:
Last Spa race for me tonight. Interesting race. Started Q3 finished P7. 20 cars started, but at the end only 10 were left. Lots of chaos at the start and even at the esses. I was almost a minute behind P6, p8 was almost 1.5 minutes behind me, and I lapped P10. Never had that happen before!

The top split rooms are accustomed to the track, and business as usual in the back. Some dropping to SR.A after the race. I can't keep up with 2:44 laps, I just did my best yet 2:47.5 and finished 13th, mostly thanks to a few quitting and others crashing. I didn't overtake anyone, but got passed a couple times. Clean this time, race before I simply got bumped off by a lift off the brakes to move me out of the way...

I guess I'll slowly bleed DR again until I drop into the next split. Top split is no good from the back. Pass wreck, wreck wants to get back to front. Do I just move over? I'm holding steady lines but generally do 2:48 / 2:49 laps, thus an obstacle for the front crashers.

Does the start run any better on PS5 btw? I'm playing on ps4 pro and my fps tanks to single digits in T1 :lol:

It's real tough behind slower cars (especially around 1 second behind) but if they are near enough to hit you then they are near enough to pass cleanly without you just moving out of their way. Moving out of the way just encourages their reckless behaviour. ;)

I bet my original PS4 and low level wheel isn't helping me here either, T1 lap1 is a whole lot of luck with cars stopped/jumping about. :lol:
Can't imagine what this is like for you DS4 drivers. :boggled:

One thing that is really beginning to annoy me now though is the lack of penalties for running off the track in some places. They've got to come back onto the track and mostly it can't possibly be safe, so they need some sort of penalty, even more so since there are no contact penalties anymore. :irked:

Last edited:
[/ISPOILER]The top split rooms are accustomed to the track, and business as usual in the back. Some dropping to SR.A after the race. I can't keep up with 2:44 laps, I just did my best yet 2:47.5 and finished 13th, mostly thanks to a few quitting and others crashing. I didn't overtake anyone, but got passed a couple times. Clean this time, race before I simply got bumped off by a lift off the brakes to move me out of the way...

No issues with the PS5, then again my eyes are going all over the place because of the mayhem in front of me. I really haven’t noticed anything.
Top split lobby isn’t bad, it’s just not as entertaining as the lobbies below it.😆

Thinking about taking the GT out on the alt since my boy @sturk0167 had a good run in it.🍻

Correct, sir.
Here's an improbable win, gift wrapped for me.
I'm in 3rd, about 6 or 7 seconds behind. The dude in 2nd place massively overreacted to a slight bump from the Argentinian.
I appear at the end, in my Ford GT. :)

I love that the crowd is cheering for the crash. :lol:

You've had some exciting wins lately (the Fuji move comes to mind!).

What I've found in my races, is that no matter what happens, I end up finishing about where I should, based on pace. The fast lap times are almost always the same as the finishing order, for me at least, and if I bin it or get dumped, I am able to run down guys again until I am 'where I deserve to be' in the final finishing order. I've also been running people down on that last lap every race, nearly getting a position or two by the final chicane, in a number of races, being consistent and not torching the rear tires throughout the race. It's such a fun and addicting combo.

Getting a bit dirty at Spa. Two races in so far, first rammed and bumped off the track, second bunch of blocking going on so left with a red S, not avoiding them all. The one I did avoid by throwing my car in the grass cost me time, a place, and a 1 sec penalty for ignoring track limits which cost me another 2 places :banghead: It is clear what PD considers the 'right way' to race, bump the car head :/

Track penalties are a mess as usual, the 0.5 sec for cutting Eau Rouge is less than you stand to gain by skipping the limits and at the turn to the final chicane it's kinda random what people can get away with. In the rest of the track they don't trigger (except this time lol) and have to be watchful for track re-entries.

Fun combo, but penalties are backwards as usual, PD can't even get the track limits right.

@Mc_Yavel Great finish last race! I was looking forward to racing with you but the Brazilian shadow blocked and I ended up in the grass doh.

Next race was horrible. Lot of bumping and swerving at the start, then the car in front of me panic brakes far too early for eau rouge. I avoid but end up sideways in the wall, stopped, to last. Then at the end of lap 1 I get a car reset on top of me, clunk, and another red S. Down to 92 SR, still in the top split, but don't really want to be there anymore lol. It's getting messy.

The rest of the race was slow but no more incidents, just a lot of waiting until being able to make a pass. Then in lap 6 my car starts fish tailing out of eau rouge into the wall sigh. One more try! Hopefully starting on the right side this time. Starting on the left is bad in this race :/

Hate to say but this race is kinda won or lost in sector 1. This time I had a good sector 1 and finished 7th, while able to hit a 2:47.8 lap. Bad sector 1, very hard to keep while passing wobbly cars. I could have had 5th but the slower car in front of me slowed down so much I lost all my momentum having to brake extra, opening the door for 7th to beat me to the final chicane. Lost 2 SR again, no clue from what. I guess from a little draft bump and I touched @Mc_Yavel at the start, unintended, nothing happened, but who knows what the penalty system picks up on nowadays. 90 SR, still in top split by a hair.

Last edited:
Getting a bit dirty at Spa. Two races in so far, first rammed and bumped off the track, second bunch of blocking going on so left with a red S, not avoiding them all. The one I did avoid by throwing my car in the grass cost me time, a place, and a 1 sec penalty for ignoring track limits which cost me another 2 places :banghead: It is clear what PD considers the 'right way' to race, bump the car head :/

Track penalties are a mess as usual, the 0.5 sec for cutting Eau Rouge is less than you stand to gain by skipping the limits and at the turn to the final chicane it's kinda random what people can get away with. In the rest of the track they don't trigger (except this time lol) and have to be watchful for track re-entries.

Fun combo, but penalties are backwards as usual, PD can't even get the track limits right.

@Mc_Yavel Great finish last race! I was looking forward to racing with you but the Brazilian shadow blocked and I ended up in the grass doh.
It's really irritating to spin out, hit the wall, and then get hit with a 1.5 second penalty on top!

Yes still don't like the NSX, can't even overtake in it as you saw, just slide off, it just loves sliding. Mind you I was only there because the sushi driver lost control a tiny bit and that was enough to send me off, I was trying to let them back through too rather than risk a crash, that went well. :dopey:

I had an easy 4th and chance at higher too after I somehow avoided all the 1st lap nonsense and ended up 5th. Still some odd feelings with grip some races too, the one before I was just slow and a bit all over the place, almost a second slower a lap than I'd been in the previous races. :dopey:

It's really irritating to spin out, hit the wall, and then get hit with a 1.5 second penalty on top!
Yep, this game has a real knack at beating you when you're already down :lol:

Case in point, my car broke out a tiny bit, wobbles left. I lose 0.7 sec on the car behind me, nick the kerb by 1 inch, 1 sec penalty.

Cut it for real, gain more than 0.5 sec, and you only get 0.5 sec penalty, which isn't even 0.5 sec lost at the penalty zone :banghead:

Last edited:
Back