"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Yes, I'm sure GT Sport is done in terms of daily race updating. KP is continuously rolling days with the same races until servers are offline. I'll probably focus more on GT7's solo campaign until I've a comfortable number of cars and credits to compete online. GT Sport is nice to hop on in the meanwhile, it's just too bad there isn't different races. I guess if there were, it conflicts with PD wanting more onboard GT7.
Indeed, that's the same I thought. In order to make people move from Sport to 7 they are starting to ignore the old game. Leaving the same three races, boring people as a consequence, will make those who are still jumping between the two titles definetly move on, and those that haven't bought 7 wanting to actually upgrade. Shame for those such as me who would love to move on but can't find a PS5. And no, I won't play a new game on the old generation :P
I share your dreams of that Platinum Trophy that will never be...oh well, now I know. I didn't start playing 'til late in the GTSport cycle and didn't start racing online until quite some time after that. Once they get some of the headaches dealt with in the new generation I'll port over and start focusing there because, guess what? The Platinum Trophy lives on in GT7, too.:cheers:
But it's another trophy, I have an incomplete game on my list and it's driving me mad hahaha too bad I only bought a wheel recently from a friend and started actually winning from time to time, should've spent those cash before. My fault.

But it's another trophy, I have an incomplete game on my list and it's driving me mad hahaha too bad I only bought a wheel recently from a friend and started actually winning from time to time, should've spent those cash before. My fault.
I know this has been beaten to death but I will ask again...

What's your experience with the wheel been like? Been playing via the sticks since GT1 and have always wondered how much time I'm missing out on because of it. Didn't matter before, pretty sure you could stomp the AI using a pair of potatoes and a 9v battery, but online racing really brought to light one of two things:
  • I suck at this game WAY more than I thought, or;
  • The controller is a potential point of inconsistency that is impacting my times
I can put down an alright qualifying lap (usually within 2 secs. of the top times, which isn't GREAT, I know) but stitching together multiple laps without an egregious error is where I struggle. And the error is almost ALWAYS overcompensating for oversteer. Curious as to what immediate benefits you may have realized by going to a wheel...hoping moving throttle/brake to the feet helps focus the hands on the steering they need to do.

Yes, I know I can search, and have done so extensively, however, this is unique in that this fellow racer JUST switched so all of this detail is fresh on the brain.

Also, sorry if this is off-topic...just figured it was akin to a "going out of business sale" where we're down to selling the fixtures so all bets are off.😁

Same, SSD drive and DualSense seems way to hot to be ignored.
And way better graphics, and 60 FPS that don't drop at night or under the rain, and overall the best GT experience that this game deserves imho. Now if only I could find a PS5...

What's your experience with the wheel been like? Been playing via the sticks since GT1 and have always wondered how much time I'm missing out on because of it. Didn't matter before, pretty sure you could stomp the AI using a pair of potatoes and a 9v battery, but online racing really brought to light one of two things:
  • The controller is a potential point of inconsistency that is impacting my times
I can put down an alright qualifying lap (usually within 2 secs. of the top times, which isn't GREAT, I know) but stitching together multiple laps without an egregious error is where I struggle. And the error is almost ALWAYS overcompensating for oversteer. Curious as to what immediate benefits you may have realized by going to a wheel...hoping moving throttle/brake to the feet helps focus the hands on the steering they need to do.

Yes, I know I can search, and have done so extensively, however, this is unique in that this fellow racer JUST switched so all of this detail is fresh on the brain.

Also, sorry if this is off-topic...just figured it was akin to a "going out of business sale" where we're down to selling the fixtures so all bets are off.😁
I went through the exact same experience as you, I skipped GT5 and 6 at the proper time since I had no money for a PS3 and thus started playing GT online with Sport. And yes I realized I'm even more bad than I thought as soon as I did. The wheel, despite being just a G29, was a major improvement indeed, especially on the steering part: now if I try using the DS4 again steering feels so sloppy, I can't do anything at all! But there are also fast people with the controller, so I guess it's all a matter of habitude and personal perception. But times aside, it's a LOT more fun

Switching to a wheel need a long period to get back to your speed on the controller. You have to commit playing with the wheel all the time and there is a learning to be done with the wheel. I play with a wheel on and off (have to park it in the closet at the end of the day) and because of that, I'm faster on the controller. I put way more hours playing with the controller.

Catching an oversteer is way more difficult with the wheel.
Being 2 sec off the top time is not slow.

If you start playing with a wheel and never go back to a controller, yes you will probably be faster.

I do, 3 wins in 4 races this morning before work
Planning to give some love to Race B tomorrow.

Same, SSD drive and DualSense seems way to hot to be ignored.
Meh, overrated. I'm enjoying GT7 sport mode more on ps4 pro. I'm faster with the DS4... And loading times don't matter for online scheduled races.

But the physics are different. I'm used to Bathurst in GT7 now, going back kept needing an adjustment period, then adjust to GT7 again, so I stopped playing GT Sport entirely. Plus doing endurance races on Bathurst into the night or while the sun comes up is great.

SSD drive does help a lot for the campaign. Lots of short events, lots of loading. I'm glad I did all that on PS5. For longer races or grinding the same race, one load screen is inconsequential. It's kinda annoying the slow UI negates most of the benefits of the SSD drive. Races load near instantly, yet navigating through all the menus feels painfully slow.

But times aside, it's a LOT more fun
And I think that is the one big takeaway I get from everyone...way more engaging, way more fun. I was just going to go entry level with the G29, too. If I'm lucky I'll be able to build a rig I can leave set-up in the garage. Should be good for 9 - 10 months of the year...the other 2 or 3 months, well, I can still drive with a coat on.

Thanks for the reply and Happy Racing! :cheers:

Switching to a wheel need a long period to get back to your speed on the controller. You have to commit playing with the wheel all the time and there is a learning to be done with the wheel. I play with a wheel on and off (have to park it in the closet at the end of the day) and because of that, I'm faster on the controller. I put way more hours playing with the controller.

Catching an oversteer is way more difficult with the wheel.
Being 2 sec off the top time is not slow.

If you start playing with a wheel and never go back to a controller, yes you will probably be faster.
Thank you for that insight!

I had assumed there would be an acclimation period but hadn't thought about the implications of hopping back-n-forth. Granted, everyone is different and all, but I would wager that a lot of us have at least similar experiences in the racing sphere.

I think my biggest challenge is, more often than not, using the throttle as the steering wheel. Also, thanks for the confirmation on the times. When you're looking for two full seconds on a course where you feel you're already at 11/10ths, its kinda defeating. Like, I'm obviously in DFL territory...🤣

Meh, overrated. I'm enjoying GT7 sport mode more on ps4 pro. I'm faster with the DS4... And loading times don't matter for online scheduled races.

But the physics are different. I'm used to Bathurst in GT7 now, going back kept needing an adjustment period, then adjust to GT7 again, so I stopped playing GT Sport entirely. Plus doing endurance races on Bathurst into the night or while the sun comes up is great.

SSD drive does help a lot for the campaign. Lots of short events, lots of loading. I'm glad I did all that on PS5. For longer races or grinding the same race, one load screen is inconsequential. It's kinda annoying the slow UI negates most of the benefits of the SSD drive. Races load near instantly, yet navigating through all the menus feels painfully slow.
I won't be able to jump on the PS5 train anytime in the near future so will be running on the '4 (Pro) for the time-being. Just ordered a copy of '7 so will start chipping-away at the stable, supporting mods, etc. once it arrives.

Excited to get on this release early versus waiting for it to show-up in the discount bin and trying to jump on a train that's already left the station! :cheers:

Thank you for that insight!

I had assumed there would be an acclimation period but hadn't thought about the implications of hopping back-n-forth. Granted, everyone is different and all, but I would wager that a lot of us have at least similar experiences in the racing sphere.

I think my biggest challenge is, more often than not, using the throttle as the steering wheel. Also, thanks for the confirmation on the times. When you're looking for two full seconds on a course where you feel you're already at 11/10ths, its kinda defeating. Like, I'm obviously in DFL territory...🤣
It's a lot more engaging to play with the wheel. I just wanted to warn you about the "I get a wheel and I will be faster". It's not like that. I remember seing someone here buying a wheel and then going back to a controller.

The top time player are what we called Alien around here. There is no way to understand how they can be so fast.

51969253181_0015fe8a8c_o.png

DR.A are only 6.1% of the player racing online. So A+ or S top time are really on a class of their own.

I won't be able to jump on the PS5 train anytime in the near future so will be running on the '4 (Pro) for the time-being. Just ordered a copy of '7 so will start chipping-away at the stable, supporting mods, etc. once it arrives.

Excited to get on this release early versus waiting for it to show-up in the discount bin and trying to jump on a train that's already left the station! :cheers:
Things should get a lot better with the next patch. (1.08 nerfed all the best payouts)

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:
  • Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
  • Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
  • Increase of rewards in Online Races.
  • Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
  • Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
  • Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.

Beyond this there will be a few additional patches deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and course layouts and make some other fixes.

So don't focus on circuit experience yet as payouts will be better after next patch.
The train is kinda stalled atm, but should start picking up pace after the next update.

Been offline for a couple of weeks. Bummed the Dailies are still the same as last week. If they were gonna let them sit without change the prior set with the Ring as Race C would have been just fine. I stink at Bathurst and it tends to bring out the worst in people.

Got my Fanatec DD set up so wanted to give it a try with a friend, jumped into Race C cold. By the 4th race, after settling into the Corvette, and despite my challenges at this track, I was cruising to a podium third place in the top split, only to be targeted by an idiot who attempted to missile me off track from 200 ft behind into the Chase... which I was able to defend by slamming on the binders in time to keep it on track. But then the scum did the same on the final corner, punting me into the sand and wall.

Why do people do this?! I suppose GTS Dailies are a wasteland now.

But I was proud of the fact that I could race to a 3rd place there, because I have never had any success to speak of at that place at all. Was running pretty decent race lap times, though I suppose in the heyday of GTS I would have never been near the front. And it was fun to race with a friend IRL, we were nose to tail at a few times before people wrecked ours or others' races around us per the norm at this track.

Hopefully ready to jump into GT7 Dailies and FIA events by this weekend. The Fanatec is really nice so far in first impressions.

Last edited:
Fighting at the front on the mountain and everyone keeps it clean, the vast majority starts on Meds and stop lap 4 or 5 for the soft. Except one guy today, at the end of the race he wrote his stuff in Spanish and it does not look really kind. Take a screenshot and up to google translate.

"Dirty 💩 canadian bastard slow as a turtle."

Here is what happened
I'm on pole with Medium at the start and he's 2nd on Soft. On the first stretch to Griffin Bend he draft past me but I keep on the right side of the track. He messes up Griffin Bend and I'm still in front. First lap, cold tires, I'm not flat out, so he stick his nose at every corner on mountain top and at Mc Phillamy Park he deliberately throw me and him in the process in the sand. Unfortunately, he recover faster than me put a 5 sec gap between us before pitstop and he wins the race with me only 1.5sec behind.

I just don't understand why he did not wait to make his move on the obvious places. If there is no major mistake by a driver, everyone is patient on the mountain.

Last night, I had my 210th win in Sport Mode and it took place in race A. This was to make sure I had at least one daily race win every month, something I had since May of last year. It also marked my 14th consecutive month with at least one win in Sport Mode.

Yes, I may as well face it too, GT sport is pretty much over for the online mode and time trials. How will we know when everything switches over to gt7? I guess time will tell. Too bad for people who never found GT sport, they missed a lot of fun and excitement.
I was late to the game but still got a couple years in...wish I hadn't missed so many. Still havin' fun on the mountain, though! My combative side tells me to stay until they kick me out. :cheers:

Yes, I may as well face it too, GT sport is pretty much over for the online mode and time trials. How will we know when everything switches over to gt7? I guess time will tell. Too bad for people who never found GT sport, they missed a lot of fun and excitement.
Me too. I got Sport early on and have enjoyed every minute of it, the downs as well as the ups. I never got above DR B, well tbh I barely got into DR B, but I've improved massively. It just takes a little longer at my age👴🏻 Anyway GT7 is now on order, I'm being optimistic about the coming patch and looking forward to firing it up later this week. So, goodbye GT Sport, it's been fun😃

It's a bloodbath out there these days! I've been trying to get my 91 wins (only 1 to go!) but wow, it's dirty going. I've been A/S forever but find myself in the C/C range lately as I don't really care if I need to retaliate as it doesn't really hurt me as I wait for GT7 to get sorted out.

Pretty thin fields with a full range of DR and SR. I had a win at Bathurst this morning that had 4 entrants and one quit on lap one.

I saw there was maintenance planned for last night/early morning...assumed it was the end for GTS. Glad to hear it's still functional this morning so thanks for sharing! :cheers:

I'm usually on early afternoon/evening (EDT). Smallest crowd I've been with is 12, which dropped to 10 by lap 5. Still plenty of good drivers keeping things interesting!

Next week's races are up.

Race A: Special Stage Route X - 1 Lap - N600 - RH
Race B: Sardegna Road Track A - 4 Laps - GR.4 - RM
Race C: Nürburgring GP - 10 Laps - GR.3 - RS/RM - x7 Wear - x1 Fuel
Am I in Gran Turismo Sports Daily Races thread? You're saying they will update the Daily Races for next week? I must be dreaming.
FML, out of all the tracks in the game, they manage to put the same track again.

I'm all in for a change, there is a dirty driver starting on pole every day (always the same guy) on Race C and I'm tired of his 💩

Am I in Gran Turismo Sports Daily Races thread? You're saying they will update the Daily Races for next week? I must be dreaming.
FML, out of all the tracks in the game, they manage to put the same track again.

I'm all in for a change, there is a dirty driver starting on pole every day (always the same guy) on Race C and I'm tired of his 💩
I'm rarely sitting P1 so not me...😁

I'm looking forward to something different, too. Having fun in 'C' but it's a commitment if you want to do more than a couple races. Having something shorter will be nice...especially given my disdain for the 'Ring GP circuit. Sardegna in the Gr.4's should be a blast.

Maybe they're updating and keeping GTS alive due to challenges on the GT7 front? Gotta keep players engaged! The underlying fear is that this was simply an erroneous post that was meant for the '7 Dailies thread. :cheers:

Classic PD. At least it's GR3 and a Race C, they're usually enjoyable combos with staying power and that's a necessity now that races are monthly. I guess we're fortunate PD are updating them at all.

Wow, cool! You know I prayed to God that PD would update the daily races , it worked apparently. I do like mixed varieties of challenges/races to try. I guess in order for me to win races i'm gonna have to copy the top players ghosts and spend as much time as they are meaning 15-20 hours a day, see now I have loads of free time. We get monthly income from Social Security cause we're not able to work now due to health issues and family.

Could have swear there was an update to GT7 this morning. I cued in Daily C at 8.00 and we were only 5 people in the room. It stayed like that until 9.30 where there was half the grid.
On a normal pre GT7 day, early room are around 12 drivers from DR.A to D.

Boring races to say the least. I challenge myself by driving without TCS, as I usually use TCS 1 as a safety barrier.

What does TCS stand for? Traction Control System
yes.
I have it at 2 on all my gr3 cars. I see that I'm slower, especially on the mountain, after 'the Esses' (don't know the right spelling, but it's the part on top of the mountain in race C when it begins to go downhill again) after the last hairpin, drivers with TCS 0 or 1 are gaining about 0,3 SEC's on me, even if I came closer to them in the hairpin. but I have the drag on the long straight to close the gap again and overall, the setting at 2 makes my car less vulnerable to attacks from others, when they try to spin me by pushing to my right or left rear bumper . and I'm using a Pad, it's a bit more difficult to adjust the throttle coming out of a curve without TCS.
I'm not sure, but I think TCS is also used in real racing cars, like GT 3.
edit:
by the way, if someone of you is using the Lexus rc-f there, like I did for some races and you have to much money (I have like 17 million) buy the Lexus prototype from2016. it has better acceleration than the 2017 model. I improved my time by nearly a second in comparison. And most importantly, I feel like a special snowflake, lol.

Last edited:
yes.
I have it at 2 on all my gr3 cars. I see that I'm slower, especially on the mountain, after 'the Esses' (don't know the right spelling, but it's the part on top of the mountain in race C when it begins to go downhill again) after the last hairpin, drivers with TCS 0 or 1 are gaining about 0,3 SEC's on me, even if I came closer to them in the hairpin. but I have the drag on the long straight to close the gap again and overall, the setting at 2 makes my car less vulnerable to attacks from others, when they try to spin me by pushing to my right or left rear bumper . and I'm using a Pad, it's a bit more difficult to adjust the throttle coming out of a curve without TCS.
I'm not sure, but I think TCS is also used in real racing cars, like GT 3.
TCS is used in GT3 and GT4 cars IRL. In GT sport it's faster to learn to drive without but if you find yourself spinning when getting in gas it's way faster to have TCS enabled.
I'm also on DS4 and I ran TCS3 for a long time, but eventually unlearned it. And I was faster, by being more careful

Last edited:
Back