Daily, weekly and monthly rivals

I don't actually know if I've suffered from this timing problem, I've been assuming that it gets updated. I'll need to keep my eye on it a bit more.

I haven't had a blue screen crash for a while now and I don't think I've ever had one in Breakout. It's very strange how it goes. Although I've probably jinxed my no crash run now.

Today is a Hot Lap at Interlagos in the KTM X-Bow GT4, in the rain. The X-Bow is actually really stable in the wet, so it's really just a matter of keeping away from the track edges where the puddles are and not overdriving your corner entries so you can get the power down on exit.

Last edited:
Today is a Hot Lap at Oulton Park International in the Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette. Keeping that beast on the black stuff through all those twists and undulations definitely ain't easy (I almost binned it more than once on the main stretch alone), but it's a lot of fun. The margin between "reasonably fast" and "upside-down and on fire somewhere in the woods" is definitely razor-thin, though.

Daily today is a Pace Setter at Brands Hatch Indy in the Ginetta G40 race car. This one's all about keeping that momentum up; you should only be getting on the brakes just the slightest bit in a few spots. Even Druids only requires a minimal amount of braking in this car, and you'll maybe want a touch coming up on Paddock Hill just to get some bite in the front end for the initial turn-in. Most of the rest of the track is full throttle, with just a bit of lifting at Clarke Curve and Graham Hill.

The new Weekly event is a Hot Lap at Shanghai Wusong Chase in a Group A car of your choice. The key bits here are the sweeper leading to the waterfront (watch that pavement transition!) and the chicane in the tunnel; nail those perfectly and your lap times will drop significantly. Get 'em wrong and you'll watch your Rival ghosts sail off into the night ahead of you. All the Group A cars are fairly evenly matched in terms of performance, so you can pick whichever one suits your driving style, but I found that the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo is really good here, if you can tame the twitchy little thing. The Skyline is also a solid choice if you want something a little more stable.

Is that Ginetta a manual or a stick sequential. I think it is a stick sequential because when I use the pedals on my wheel there there is no automatic rise in RPM (= the game depresses the clutch for you).

I like both daily and this weeks weekly run. The weekly run encourages me to use different group A cars. I already used the F355 (LOVE that car) and the M3 (bit twichy on this track.)

Yeah, messing around with all the different Group A cars has been fun. The Audi was a bit pushy for my taste, the Porsche a bit slippery, and the Merc was, well, a Merc; understeering on entry, then trying to swap ends as soon as you touch the gas. The Renault was probably the most fun, but I did manage to eke out a slightly better time in the Skyline after a few attempts.

Today is a Hot Lap at Willow Springs in the Ford GT road car. Managing the GT's understeer through all those long sweeping off-camber changing-radius curves and finding just the right points to get back on the throttle are the keys to a fast lap here.

I haven't had a blue screen crash for a while now... Although I've probably jinxed my no crash run now.
And yes I did. It crashed just before the finish line on the 3rd lap of the G40 pace setter. Twice. Gave up after that. :indiff:

Rivals Hot Lap at Oulton Park International in the Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette
This car was amazing to drive. It spun me around a few attempts, so you have to really respect the throttle on exit. Being able to tame it is a joy.
Nice seeing @Toblerone on the leaderboards!

Toblerone is usually at the top. We usually compare times in Discord chat. I am on PC, but I just spent enough in repairs on my truck today for PS5 and a Drivehub.

I had to work my 🤬 off for this time. I really need to work on Willow Springs. Career has shown it to be a bad lap time track for me.

Last edited:
Toblerone is usually at the top. We usually compare times in Discord chat. I am on PC, but I just spent enough in repairs on my truck today for PS5 and a Drivehub.

Do you play PC3 with a wheel and Drivehub?

I think that would be weird and throw off how I drive instinctively.

Reason is, because the gamepad controls implement caster behaviors since it's very hard for gamepad users to countersteer. This to me is actually a gamechanger for car games and I like it when using the gamepad. It allows gamepad users to drive like they are on a wheel when they release the steering and let the caster steer. Best if played in cockpit view to notice when using a gamepad.

Do you play PC3 with a wheel and Drivehub?

I think that would be weird and throw off how I drive instinctively.

Reason is, because the gamepad controls implement caster behaviors since it's very hard for gamepad users to countersteer. This to me is actually a gamechanger for car games and I like it when using the gamepad. It allows gamepad users to drive like they are on a wheel when they release the steering and let the caster steer. Best if played in cockpit view to notice when using a gamepad.

I would need one (drivehub), if I bought a PS5. I got the CSW 2.5 back in November. I moved from a T300 after five years and this CSW 2.5 wheel detail is awesome.

I had planned on getting the DD PS version. But, my wife lost her job. That put me saving for a few bills.

I edit the above post with today's Rivals time. Jeez, I need to work on Willow Springs.

Last edited:
I would need one (drivehub), if I bought a PS5. I got the CSW 2.5 back in November. I moved from a T300 after five years and this CSW 2.5 wheel detail is awesome.

I had planned on getting the DD PS version. But, my wife lost her job. That put me saving for a few bills.

I edit the above post with today's Rivals time. Jeez, I need to work on Willow Springs.

CSW 2.5 I see, I don't know exactly how drivehub works, my guess is it pretends to be a gamepad. That's where I think it might not behave as you expect if steering with a gamepad. I could be wrong, maybe the game has a way to detect it.
As I explained above, PC3 gamepad controls do something that no other driving games I've played does, in a good way so we can drive like we have wheels. You'd have to try it with a gamepad and played in cockpit view and try doing drifts releasing the analogy sticks to see and appreciate it.

CSW 2.5 I see, I don't know exactly how drivehub works, my guess is it pretends to be a gamepad

The Drive Hub emulates Logitech wheels (G29 on PS, G920 on XBX and G27 on PC), so you will have properly functioning wheel steering, FFB etc etc.

A friend of mine used to race with his CSW 2.5 on Project CARS 2 via DH and he loved it... great FFB, zero lag, functioning wheel LEDs (as it also encompasses most Fanatec features)... I think that all he lost was the telemetry triggered pedal vibrations. He was very quick with it as well.

They are suberb wee gizmos.

The Drive Hub emulates Logitech wheels (G29 on PS, G920 on XBX and G27 on PC), so you will have properly functioning wheel steering, FFB etc etc.

A friend of mine used to race with his CSW 2.5 on Project CARS 2 via DH and he loved it... great FFB, zero lag, functioning wheel LEDs (as it also encompasses most Fanatec features)... I think that all he lost was the telemetry triggered pedal vibrations. He was very quick with it as well.

They are suberb wee gizmos.

the Drivehub can either emulate a g29 or a csl elite. I run it in g29 mode because I like the ffb that way. And you can use the rotational function of the funcky switch in g29 mode, in csl mode I could not get that to work.

The rumble on the brake works, not on the throttle though.

I love my Drivehub. I got it for the g25, last year I upgraded to csw2.5.

1287EA15-B851-45BA-B2F1-018E003EB87B.jpeg

the funcky switch in g29 mode
I've got a G29 and I've never called it the "Funcky switch" before. I must remember to do so, I like the name. :)

What's the point of today's Breakout. There's not block's..
Isn't there! I haven't had a look yet. Perhaps it's a new variation - Hide and Seek. There's 1 block hidden somewhere that you have to find. :P

I've got a G29 and I've never called it the "Funcky switch" before. I must remember to do so, I like the name. :)

It's called funky switch on Fanatec wheels. You can rotate it, movie it in four directions, and you can press is it. Pretty funcky :)

Last night's Rivals at Willow Springs in the Ford GT. I got into 1:16 here. It was very hard. I kept trying for better and 1:17 is the average.

The Ford GT feels great to drive. Compared to the Nissan in the last video this car was planted. I liked both cars very much.

PC3 Rivals is a game within itself. I love playing Rivals for the variety.

I'm not a big fan of Breakout, but if they made the blocks as mandatory to hit and it was a timed Hot Lap, then that would change it up and make it like autocrossing. I hope someone from PC3 listens and can make a new Rivals mode where you have to hit gates on the track like Breakout. Change it up for variety and it becomes autocrossing.

@BreakerOhio Cracking time bro.. and thanks for the vid, I see where I lost around a second now. I just wasn't attacking the fast downhill right-hander enough... I was scrubbing way too much speed whereas you were on throttle and a tighter line.

The Ford GT is an absolute blast, it's so well balanced and confidence inspiring... goes like a bullet as well.

The GT was much more fun than I expected. Very planted. Some great lap times there. I managed to get to 1:18.0 something then thought I'd better get some dinner. I was intending to return since there was a second to gain but ended up doing something else.

I was just in the top 25 but I expect @BreakerOhio (and others) have pushed me out. :)

Interesting use of roof cam, it raises the view and therefore the ghosts aren't quite so in your face annoying. I've been tending to use bonnet/hood cam, I might try raising that up higher.

Update: The Breakout event has been moved to Shanghai, where, unlike Cuba, there apparently isn't an embargo on giant foam blocks. It's still Breakout, though, so...meh.

I do like the idea of making Breakout a proper timed lap event of some sort combined with the block-smashing; it'd be a lot more fun that way than this thirty-second nonsense. Maybe have the blocks affect your time (or your time affect the final score) so that it adds another layer of strategy; is it better to go for that set of high-scoring blocks over there, or to stick to the racing line and get the faster time instead? The current version of the event is basically a carbon copy of those ****ing cone events in Gran Turismo that I've always hated.

Today is a Pace Setter at Laguna Seca in the Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo. I have a personal love for this car, because when I was a kid, my dad's coworker hooked him up with some Nissan VIP passes for the 1990 Nissan World Challenge of Tampa. We got to sit in the VIP section above Nissan's pit box and wander freely through the whole garage area, which for ten year old me was the most awesome thing ever, especially since Nissan was my favourite team. I still have my pass from the event, even after all these years. And of course Nissan had this very car, their 1989 championship-winning GTP ZX-Turbo, on display at their tent.

But anyway, as for the Pace Setter event...this car is an underweight overpowered beast, for sure. Gotta be really careful on the throttle exiting the slower corners, as it has way too much power for its own good. Early braking is best, even before the marked braking points sometimes; it has a tendency to understeer a bit and it can be hard to get it to rotate through the centre of the corner, so if you miss that apex even just a little bit, you'll end up in no man's land for sure. As for the corkscrew...yikes! Best to just take it really, really easy through there and make up your time elsewhere on the track. If it was a Hot Lap, sure, you could try to send it and hope to get lucky and maybe shave off a couple tenths, but that is not going to happen three times in a row; you will end up in the dirt, in the wall, or facing backwards at least once, guaranteed, and that will completely ruin your run.

Today is a Hot Lap at a gloomy Silverstone GP circuit with the Ferrari 488 Challenge. I'm not a fan of the default tune on this car; it just feels a bit clumsy and has more understeer than you'd expect from a mid-engine race car. Can't tweak the settings in Rivals, though, so it is what it is. Silverstone's an interesting enough track at least.

Latest Posts

Back