Decal Organisation

• Thread starter Islaygaz
  • 20 comments
Scotland
Scotland
islaygaz
Ok so I have nearly 500 downloaded decals now and am planning to delete some of them to make it more manageable. My question to you guys is...

Do you have favourites folders to help organise decals? If so what folders do you have?

I always tell myself to get everything organized in folders but I‘m too lazy to do it now that I have ~400 decals :lol:

I only have one for the japanese license plates I sometimes put on cars

Yes, I do have favourites, that works quite nicely when you got way way way to many decals in you're collection.
But it seems that the favourites folders can't hold that much though. I recently moved around 60 decals to the folders, but the were not there...

You can ad the decals in a folder and delete the decal in the collection.
The one I should have made was "current project"
Folders I use are : patterns, Nationcup (all dutch sponsors/orange stuff etc) , sponsor decals, tyre logo's, stripes/lines, letters and numbers

I always tell myself to get everything organized in folders but I‘m too lazy to do it now that I have ~400 decals :lol:

I only have one for the japanese license plates I sometimes put on cars

Yea I say the same every time I open the livery editor "Ugh I really should organize these!"... here we are months later and I still haven't done it!

Yes, I do have favourites, that works quite nicely when you got way way way to many decals in you're collection.
But it seems that the favourites folders can't hold that much though. I recently moved around 60 decals to the folders, but the were not there...

You can ad the decals in a folder and delete the decal in the collection.
The one I should have made was "current project"
Folders I use are : patterns, Nationcup (all dutch sponsors/orange stuff etc) , sponsor decals, tyre logo's, stripes/lines, letters and numbers

Good to know you can delete from the collection and keep it in a favourites! I thought they would be linked!

Good to know you can delete from the collection and keep it in a favourites! I thought they would be linked!
I think I read somewhere that you won‘t be able to colorize them then tho. But maybe @Koutch_Pro can try and tell if that‘s true?

I made favourite folders when the decal uploader got released. I added every decal from companies i knew.
In the meanwhile, there are so many decals released that, each time I make a new livery, I go to the GTS website and download all the decals I need. There are only two folders I still use, as these get used on a lot of different cars : oil/fuel and tirebrands.

a tip : to empty all decals in your collectection, go to the GTS website / My library. a lot faster than in game.

Favourite folders are essential if you are downloading a lot of decals and liveries for the game.

It actually allows you to exceed the 1000 limit if you have made 10 folders.

Due to my love of anime I had to make folders for my favourite series and move the decals into the folder as if you delete the decal from
collection it still says in the folder meaning you can have 100 decals in folders and still have the main 1000 decal limit, same for liveries.

Awesome I guess I‘ll start to get everything that I‘m not using frequently into folders and then delete it from my collection

I use a few folders. I have one for various anime things, one for sponsor logos and names I use often and one I call "effects" for things like the carbon decals, abstract patterns and transparent shapes and such. Works well enough for me.

Favourite folders are essential if you are downloading a lot of decals and liveries for the game.

It actually allows you to exceed the 1000 limit if you have made 10 folders.

Due to my love of anime I had to make folders for my favourite series and move the decals into the folder as if you delete the decal from
collection it still says in the folder meaning you can have 100 decals in folders and still have the main 1000 decal limit, same for liveries.

I'd noticed that as well, it is very useful.
In practice, this means you could have 2,000 decals. Although trying to go through 500+ decals in the Collection tab can be painful.

I spent a little time to organise favourites, and found it very useful to do this.

I enjoy making liveries, but keep to the known and typical designs. I'm not very artistic and whenever I try to make something original it looks terrible. Even so, only being able to create 10 folders is quite limiting. The Folders I use are: Alcohol, Euro Cars, Other Cars, Food& Drink, Motoring Related, Oil, Tobacco, Wheels & Tyres, Misc Brands, Misc.

I use 4-6 folders :
- Useful : car brands, tire brands that were early uploaded and which are very long to scroll on the "main" section
- GT3/GTD : series related decals that I use often (numbers and number plates, WeatherTech and Patron badge, series sponsors...)
- And 2 to 4 folders for current projects : I scroll the main section once, add all I need to my project, then I save a lot of time when I'm really doing it. I usually reset these folders when I finish/share the projects.

I'd noticed that as well, it is very useful.
In practice, this means you could have 2,000 decals. Although trying to go through 500+ decals in the Collection tab can be painful.

I spent a little time to organise favourites, and found it very useful to do this.

I enjoy making liveries, but keep to the known and typical designs. I'm not very artistic and whenever I try to make something original it looks terrible. Even so, only being able to create 10 folders is quite limiting. The Folders I use are: Alcohol, Euro Cars, Other Cars, Food& Drink, Motoring Related, Oil, Tobacco, Wheels & Tyres, Misc Brands, Misc.

Yes I have one for manufacturer decals as well.

I am not that artistic a pearson but I like to think I have good vision when it comes to spotting something I think works well.

Hoping to get a chance this weekend to make a topic in the livery section so will try to showcase some of my livery soon.

How many favorites folders can you have. for some reason I can't create anymore and I have about 6-8. I tried to check from my computer and cannot get to the decal favorites just the main folder.

I have fuel and Oil, alcohol & Tobacco, Tires, misc(license plates, Number plates, Track placards) and a few others.

If someone can figure out how to rename the folder that would be great!

And organize the decals by other than date!

How many favorites folders can you have. for some reason I can't create anymore and I have about 6-8. I tried to check from my computer and cannot get to the decal favorites just the main folder.

I have fuel and Oil, alcohol & Tobacco, Tires, misc(license plates, Number plates, Track placards) and a few others.

If someone can figure out how to rename the folder that would be great!

And organize the decals by other than date!

It should be 10 favourite folders and there is unfortunately no way to rename a folder, you can only delete or add a new folder, hopefully
something that will be addressed in a future update.

I was about to open my first thread but remembered there was a search option so here I am! :D

I've been there (in the game) since the beginning so when we could (when YOU could :D) upload decals I was the happiest guy!
But since then I started to have a lot of decals and I thought I could have favorites folders as the game had: A-E F-N O-Z (or something like that) but I figured out it wasn't so simple...

I've changed some things since and I've got a GT folder, a Work in Progress one, some kind of Pattern one and a personal one with the decals people made especially for my own local things, but I still wonder how you guys have organized it.

When I start a new project I'm now going there to find what I'm looking for but it still remains a pain in the 🤬 to scroll through my 950+ decals to find and send it to my WIP folder...

Have you got some better way to do that?

Thats the same process I used to organized my favorites. Logos, Performance Logos, Oils & Gas and Tires & Wheels. So far this has worked well for me. The only thing I don't know is how many each folder and I try to only keep the best ones & delete all duplicates ones. I sure with that they would change the amount to unlimited. That sure would be nice.

garystevens64

I didn't even know you could create sub directories in Favorites, till I complained that they should make that a capability of Collection. Someone posted "Yeh well actually...." :lol:. I have started the slow process of transferring and deleting from collection. I kinda had to because of making this:

20191227104405.jpg

It was taking forever to get to other stuff!!! So far i have folder for Eyes, Legs, Brand Logos, and Car Brands. I still have to do one for Arms@hands, Torsos and Chests :lol:.

Back