Decals are all distorted upon importing

• Thread starter Dunderbolt
  • 17 comments
United States
United States
Can someone help me with the decal uploader? When I've uploaded a few new decals I got this as a result. Anyone know what the issue may be?
https://i.imgur.com/OFhb5A1.jpg
OFhb5A1.jpg

Might be best to explain; where you got the file from, did you edit it, if so in what application, was it optimised, and did it look okay in the uploader.

Might be best to explain; where you got the file from, did you edit it, if so in what application, was it optimised, and did it look okay in the uploader.

I used inkscape, used the SVGOMG website. The image below is the one I used. they're all together, so I just used Paint to crop an image out and pasted into Inkscape for editing. Also yes, it looked just fine from the uploader, it's only once it's in the game did it look jank. The file came from a Deviant Art where a guy made a 2019 retexture of the original Daytona USA. I'm super frustrated over this as I was "this" close to making an exact replica of a daytona USA car. I was able to set the sizes down to around 50-20kb per decal and then used SVGOMG on them to decrease the size further.

Last edited:
If anyone else can offer help, that'd be appreciated. So far, it shows up normal in the decal uploader, but the second it goes into the game, the decals are all screwed up and there's nothing I can do to fix it. I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've literally got nothing to work with in game

Last edited:
Hot damn... YES THANK YOU ALL!!!! THANK GOD! I was so close to making an absolutely accurate representation of the Daytona USA livery and it's finally within grasp!

I also been having this problem. First I though it was a problem in Inkscape but after redoing a decal and uploading it the same thing happen but had different patterns in it. So if you figure it out let me know to.

garystevens64

I have my new company logo that I would like to put on my cars. Can someone help me get it below 15kb so I can upload it to GT Sport please? I am not very technical and therefore their SVGOMG stuff makes no sense to me. Please?

Back