Did i deserve these penalties?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTSeriesVids
  • 47 comments
  • 2,168 views
first one, your fault, yes, penalty deserved...mmm... not sure, 10seconds... ouch.
I've been tapped before, and moved just enough to loose the spot on account of it... and never thought much of it, stuff happens, race on.
Here, you did not cause him to go off, he was headed off on his own... but, tap and off... tough break.

second one... sure, could have been avoided, but, you left room, so, initially, I don't think you deserved a penalty, especially seeing how he never even got to the inside/apex much less was able to hold the inside... being able to avoid someone vs giving them room... where do you draw the line? Knowing he was there as you said, I would have waited to cut in until I could see him/see I was clear, yet, at the same time, if you leave room he should be able to stick it inside right?
the old typical dive bomb, sometimes avoidable... I think this one was... so, based on that... as much as I really dislike it, penalty for turning in... I guess... although, he should share the blame.
 
first one, your fault, yes, penalty deserved...mmm... not sure, 10seconds... ouch.
I've been tapped before, and moved just enough to loose the spot on account of it... and never thought much of it, stuff happens, race on.
Here, you did not cause him to go off, he was headed off on his own... but, tap and off... tough break.

second one... sure, could have been avoided, but, you left room, so, initially, I don't think you deserved a penalty, especially seeing how he never even got to the inside/apex much less was able to hold the inside... being able to avoid someone vs giving them room... where do you draw the line? Knowing he was there as you said, I would have waited to cut in until I could see him/see I was clear, yet, at the same time, if you leave room he should be able to stick it inside right?
the old typical dive bomb, sometimes avoidable... I think this one was... so, based on that... as much as I really dislike it, penalty for turning in... I guess... although, he should share the blame.

yeah i was only SR B in those races recently hit C/S almost B/S now (plus i'll admit i got a bit salty)
 
You definitely deserved the first one, but 10 seconds? No way. You shoved him off track, but you didn't full throttle dive-bomb him.

The second one, not really. You could question the line you took for sure but that doesn't really warrant a penalty, let alone a 10 second one.
 
I figure I'll doublepost in here instead of making a whole new topic for what amounts to the same problem:



I didn't have enough PS4 hard drive space to record it from the race itself, but in this clip I overtake a stranded car during a caution and get slapped with a 5 second penalty and SR hit.

Did I deserve this? What should I have done? Slammed the brakes?
 
I didn't see any penalty given?

The main mistake I see there, is driving an oval track.
 
Both were extremely harsh imo. First one definitely wasn't worth ten seconds, maybe one second maximum, genuine mistake. The second one is just hilariously bad. You did absolutely nothing wrong.
 
I didn't see any penalty given?

The main mistake I see there, is driving an oval track.

Like I said, I couldn't record it from the race itself and replays apparently don't show penalties. I got a 5 second penalty and an SR hit the instant I passed him.

And I don't exactly get to choose the tracks in FIA races...
 
If you didn't see how that car got stranded, maybe he was a victim of the yellow flag collision. I have heard others saying there is a yellow flag bug, but I've not seen a replay from all perspectives to analyse it myself.
 
If you didn't see how that car got stranded, maybe he was a victim of the yellow flag collision. I have heard others saying there is a yellow flag bug, but I've not seen a replay from all perspectives to analyse it myself.

He was behind me and spun out at that corner, spent over an entire lap spinning in circles with TCS on 0 and then I came back around, lapped him and got a penalty.
 
I've passed a car doing a similar thing and didn't get a penalty, you did clip the wall.

Did you get a penalty every time you lapped him? or did he stop dicking about.
 
that happened to me multiple times on the nurb GP race (as it had tyre wear) people kept going off track) and if i passed them i would get a 5.000 penalty? why? i didn't make a mistake an spin off why should i be punished for someone else's mistake because i passed them, am i meant to stop and wait for them to come back on track? (i've noticed that when i get stuck on auto drive in lobbies the AI will come to a complete stop to allow someone who has spun to get back on track) surely they can't expect that during a race?
 
I do tend to lift a bit when I see yellows, just so I can access the situation. Maybe that's the difference, or its just to not go faster than previous.
 
Reflecting...
So if you go back and read the opinions posted regarding @GTSeriesVids race replays, you will see a lot of people placing blame for both incidents.
Lets look at this a bit.
Had he posted incident #1 from the black car, I'm betting a great deal of us would be telling him you were never going to make that pass on the inside, your car wiggled and moved out of your line, you could not have made this stick and were headed off either way, use your radar, there was a car coming down the outside hard, be aware of your surroundings, you could have avoided this by running down the outside and cutting under, you would have controlled your car and never gotten bumped... etc...
Had he posted incident #2 from the yellow car, I'm betting a great deal of us would be telling him that's a dirty dive bomb, no way you were going to make that corner, even using him as a stop you still went off the outside of the corner, all your fault... etc.
What does that tell me?
Well, we as a community are taking responsibility for our actions.... which is good...
But possibly, we as a community are taking responsibility for our actions... to the point of taking responsibility for others actions... not good.
Looking at event #2, if we are all honest with ourselves, yes, that was avoidable... but, why are we thinking that way? We are thinking that way because of the flawed penalty system. By all rights the yellow car was 100% in the wrong, yet here we sit noting awareness of surroundings, and avoid-ability.
We've gone from opinions based on racing hard and cleanly, to opinions based on the penalty system.

I hope PD is reading this and understands that we are no longer racing each other, we are racing the penalty system with one another... and that is wrong.
 
I've passed a car doing a similar thing and didn't get a penalty, you did clip the wall.

Did you get a penalty every time you lapped him? or did he stop dicking about.

He got back onto the track. Clipping the wall didn't give me a penalty (that would give me a 1.5 second penalty anyway), passing him did. And I got an SR drop too.
 
I've had the same thing happen, passed 2 cars that were wrecking, off track in the grass, AND ghosted... 5sec time penalty and orange Sr...
Just another thing PD needs to work on.
 
My point exactly why should we be punished for others mistakes you clearly were NOT at fault there it was the blue RX-7 that made the mistake and spun out you didn't cause the mistake nor did you bump him as he was going off track

It's things like this that make us complain so much
 
You're not alone @VanessaMagick. The game has a hard time realizing when other cars are crashing under yellow. See my quote below. It contains a clip I posted in a different thread a few days ago. This clip shows several cars going off causing two yellow flags. In the second yellow flags I get a penalty right about where I cut the clip. Because this is a replay, the penalty is not shown.

Unfortunately, my replay does not show me receiving the penalty, but I have shown the full incident. I receive the 5.000 second penalty for passing under yellow during the second caution of this race after a massive off by several cars. I'm not sure who I passed to receive this penalty or how I could have ever resolved it. Anyone have an idea which car I "passed" to receive this penalty? Tired of taking Sr hits for things like this.



This is an Dr B Sr S race, and it is one of the most pathetic Sr S races I have ever seen....
 
Back