• Thread starter XS
  • 138 comments
@TurnLeft
Reviewer Info:

DS3
Matterhorn long course - 9 laps, Nürburgring GP/D - 6 laps

Low Speed Corner:
Entry
: Scrub off a lot of speed and turn in deliberately, don't second guess anything. Sometimes there's understeer, sometimes there's oversteer.
Mid: Throttle up here and the car will spin, must take smoothly. Can negotiate fairly fast though.
Exit: Easy throttle on, have to be gentle and precise or you'll start to oversteer.
Comments: If you are not completely deliberate with this car it will be a handful for you. There's a small margin where you can drive fast in, through, and out of low speed corners without drama.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry
: Turn-in is a bit more predictable for mid-speed corners. Can feel darty, but fast.
Mid: Apex is easy to hit if you're smooth. Good speed, gentle on-throttle.
Exit: Gradually accelerate for a fast exit. Occasional oversteer if you're too hard with the exit.
Comments: Mid speed corners are a bit more predictable and faster. The car can feel darty at times, but it doesn't upset the handling so not that big of a deal.

High Speed Corner:
Entry
: The car turns in fast corners nicely, feels darty, but doesn't affect your speed or handling.
Mid: Easy to hit apex. Can start to accelerate here but don't punch it.
Exit: Car handles high speed corners well. Little drama, only oversteer if you punch the throttle. Occasionally will push wide if you're pushing too hard.
Comments: High speed corners are easy in this car. Turn in at normal speed, transition through apex, throttle on exit. Simple as that.

Comments: This car has a narrow margin where it is fast and there's no drama. Find that margin and this tune is one of the fastest here! If you can't find it, you'll be fighting oversteer and understeer and an oddly darty chassis. Be deliberate and drive it with purpose. It will understeer if you're a bit too fast on entry, and oversteer if you're just a tad too early on the throttle. This car took me the longest to adapt to but once I did it was running very fast laps. Among the tunes I've already tested, this one was among the fastest!

I have just now noticed looking through all the tunes that have been put on this thread that all of us went for the same kind of idea to tune this car lower front end, higher rear end. And soft springs in the front with stiff ones in the back.

I have just now noticed looking through all the tunes that have been put on this thread that all of us went for the same kind of idea to tune this car lower front end, higher rear end. And soft springs in the front with stiff ones in the back.

You must have missed my replica based tune ;)

@xande1959
Reviewer Info: DS3, Matterhorn Long Course - many laps, Nurburgring GP/F - 9 laps
Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Simply turns in well, neutral and easy, no drama.
Mid: Easy to drive through, start accelerating here, punch it and you'll push wide, no drama.
Exit: Gradually ease into full throttle, will push wide if too hard, no drama, no oversteer, mostly neutral most of the time.
Comments: At first the car feels heavy, but yet dives right into low speed corners. Drives nicely, no drama, neutral, and very user friendly.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Once again, the car just turns in nice and easy. Neutral and safe, no drama, and fast!
Mid: Easy to follow line through corner, easy to accelerate, easy to control, and very fast to boot.
Exit: Can go fairly heavy on the throttle, but don't punch it or the car will push wide - digs in at about 3/4 throttle.
Comments: Mid speed corners are just like low speed corners with this tune: neutral, easy, comfortable, and user friendly, not to mention very fast!

High Speed Corner
Entry:
The car stabs high speed corner entry without even trying!
Mid: Stable, neutral, easy to hold line, and fast.
Exit: Punch the throttle for very fast, stable exits. Not much else to report.
Comments: High speed corners are easy, neutral, and very fast!

Comments: If ever there were a car to dispel the "zero camber theory" this is it (not that I'm arguing that at all mind you). Somehow the camber in this tune makes it run incredibly fast and astonishingly stable! When I saw the large camber dialed in, I thought this tune wasn't going to be all that good, no offense Xande, but quite the opposite is true. This is simply an amazing tune and very competitive. Ran some of the fastest 450pp laps of ANY car in my garage. Very well done!

Last edited:
@Ridox2JZGTE (450pp AND 500pp)
Reviewer Info: DS3, Matterhorn Long Course - 4 laps, Nurburgring GP/F - 12 laps

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Decent turn-in, fast, and stable. A little wiggly under braking.
Mid: Ease into the throttle or you will experience some on-throttle oversteer, but nothing dramatic.
Exit: Ease on to the throttle a little more, stable, and fast! My only criticism for this tune's exits lie in low speed corners - just watch the throttle though and you will be safe.
Comments: The car handles low speed corners well, not too dramatic, almost always stable, and decently quick too.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Decent turn-in, carries good speed, and is nice and stable as well.
Mid: Easy to hold through the corner, is fairly fast and you can start easing on to the throttle this early. Very fun too!
Exit: Some occasional oversteer as it is difficult to find where the throttle is happiest, but if you drive it in a predictable pattern it is stable and quick. On tires harder than Sports Softs you can start a good, stable drift to show off a bit.
Comments: Mid speed corners are very fun in this car, no matter the tire compound used. I ran most of my laps on SS but ran some on each compound Ridox recommended and all are easy to handle, but fun too.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
High speed corner entry is easy and predictable. No drama, neutral as well.
Mid: Stable, neutral, easy to hold line, and fun.
Exit: Punch the throttle for very fast, stable exits. On comfort softs you can induce one heck of an epic exit drift :mischievous:!
Comments: The car feels natural at speed and transitions through high speed corners like they're not even there.

Comments: At 450pp: the car is easy to drive, fun and predictable. Watch the occasional throttle-induced oversteer, but other than that it's simply fast and fun. Logged some seriously fast 450pp times on many of the tracks with this tune.
At 500pp: this car's handling characteristics are mostly similar to the 450pp, although like Ridox mentions, it does rotate very nicely with the 500pp tune, most likely thanks to the reduced rear toe. The only real difference is, of course, this car is much faster. As a matter of fact, it's stupidly fast at 500pp. I actually had to try hard to beat it's times with some of my other cars at 500pp, and so far the only ones capable of beating it are the KTM, and GSX-R. Very nicely done 👍👍.

@krenkme
Reviewer Info: DS3, Matterhorn Long Course - 7, Nurburgring GP/F - 9 laps

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Car turns-in good, usually stable under braking, no drama here.
Mid: Requires a somewhat smooth touch to be fast through the corner, mostly stable, but watch the throttle here.
Exit: Gradually ease into full throttle, will oversteer if pushed too hard. Find that sweet spot however, and the car is very fast upon exit (digs in at about 1/2 throttle).
Comments: Having read Krenkme's comments I prepared myself for unstable braking, but actually found it to be nice and easy. It enters low speed corners without even thinking about it, and feels user friendly! Just ease into the throttle to avoid oversteer, which with this tune actually isn't that big of a deal.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Good turn-in, stable under braking, and carries a decent amount of speed.
Mid: Easy to hold line and you can start easing into the throttle early. 1/4 throttle will get the car to dig in and set you up for a fast exit.
Exit: Ease into the throttle a bit more, and just exit, it's that simple. Punch it for a showy drift or keep it dug in for a respectably fast exit.
Comments: Mid speed corners can be had at decent speeds. The throttle is more forgiving here so have some fun with it. Starting an epic drift seems to be almost as fast as a normal exit, so go nuts and have some fun, or exit normally for a fast exit.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Very easy, just turn-in. Holds quite a lot of speed!
Mid: Neutral and stable, no drama, hold throttle and prepare for a good exit.
Exit: Go full throttle early and you'll be amazed at how fast the exits are. Can easily handle another 40-50hp in high speed corners.
Comments: High speed corners are a lot of fun with this tune, and it seems like every lap they can be had faster and faster.

Comments: A nice, stable tune that will occasionally bite if you're punchy with the throttle, so drive it smoothly with purpose and log some seriously fast lap times. Very competitive, fairly easy, and a lot of fun. I found this tune fit my driving style very nicely. I found myself playing with this car for lap after lap, just having fun while logging good lap times. This tune is actually kind of hard to explain, so I recommend folks to try it for themselves!

@jules283
Reviewer Info: DS3, Matterhorn Long Course - 4 laps, Brands Hatch - 7 laps

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
My first turn-in resulted in a spin. You must learn how to enter low speed corners with this tune to avoid massive oversteer.
Mid: Difficult to transition through low speed corners, one must always be a little bit on the throttle to keep the rear loaded. Lift off and you'll oversteer. Fun, however, but difficult to race in competition where you're trying to push the car.
Exit: Punch the throttle for a good stable exit, fast too!
Comments: Low speed corners do not suit this car, no offense. One must always have a little throttle to keep the chassis settled into the corner. Lifting will always unsettle the car resulting in unusable oversteer. However, when driven smoothly and predictably, the speeds you are able to carry through low speed corners are a little mind-boggling - it really is that fast.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Once again, keep on the throttle just a tiny bit while entering the corner. Easier to drive here though.
Mid: Once you reach the apex you can lift completely if you're not hitting your line. However, this car does hold its lines very easily! One must let the rear do the work, not the front, learn that and you'll be very, very fast!
Exit: Punch the throttle here for a very fast, stable exit. This car is always stable under throttle and digs in on exits.
Comments: Mid speed corners are a little more forgiving, but require concentration and work on the drivers part. Learn how to drive the car and it is fast.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
The car is most natural here. Easy entry and fast! No drama.
Mid: Neutral, fast, and stable. Not much else to report.
Exit: Punch the throttle for very fast, stable exits.

Comments: This car is very difficult to drive through low and mid speed corners. I actually found it to be quite fun, however. It is better than stock, but still homicidal. One thing, though, one very big thing..... This is not a competition, but I will just say, this car's lap times are insanely fast. Insanely, stupidly, astonishingly, fast ;)! Maybe it fits my driving style, I don't know, and it sure does require a bit of concentration, but it is respectably fast.

Well, it's the end of the month. I really enjoyed the Stratos this time around! Every tune posted is fun and fast! I know it wasn't exactly the hardest car to drive before, but you all did an admirable job making it a seriously fast car! I want to give the Stratos a proper send off, so I've spent several days building a dirt rally tune for the road version of the car! It's for nothing else other than to just have fun. Enjoy!

Toscana.jpg

Lancia Stratos '73 Dirt Rally Tune

Specs:

465 PP
276 HP
225 Lb-Ft Torque
961 Kgs
47 | 53 Weight Dist.
Tires: Dirt

Drive Options
All aides off except ABS 1
Controller Sensitivity 1

Suspension (Fully Adjustable)
Ride Height: 110 | 140
Spring Rate: 5.51 | 8.63
Dampers (Comp.): 3 | 2
Dampers (Ext.) 4 | 3
Anti-roll Bars 3 | 2
Toe: -0.05 | 0.30
Brakes: 7 | 5

Transmission
Step 1) Set top speed to 224mph
Step 2) Set final gear to 4.512
Step 3) Set top speed to 112mph
Step 4) Set gear ratios:
1st - 3.483
2nd - 2.656
3rd - 2.093
4th - 1.684
5th - 1.384
Step 5) Set final gear to 2.700 and adjust for each track

Limited Slip Rear Differential
Initial Torque: 10
Accel Sensitivity: 15
Decel Sensitivity: 30

Power
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: Stock
Intake: Stock
Exhaust: Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Turbo: Stock
N02: Stock

Body
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Installed
Ballast: 99kgs and -50%

GT Auto
Oil Change: Yes
Improve Body Rigidity: No
Wheels: Stock
Aero: Stock

Comments:
Needless to say this car is just as difficult to drive on dirt as it is on tarmac. I spent quite a lot of time taming it for the dirt, mostly to just have fun without worrying about it killing you. That said here are a couple tips: Be gentle exiting on-throttle. If the car starts to rotate too quickly and you feel like you're going to spin, simply ease off the throttle, and it will set itself back into a nice transition. If the car feels like it's understeering into a corner, punch the throttle to bring the back end around. I had a heck of a lot of fun with this tune in the dirt, so I hope you do too!!

Last edited:
XS
@jules283
Reviewer Info: DS3, Matterhorn Long Course - 4 laps, Brands Hatch - 7 laps
Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
My first turn-in resulted in a spin. You must learn how to enter low speed corners with this tune to avoid massive oversteer.
Mid: Difficult to transition through low speed corners, one must always be a little bit on the throttle to keep the rear loaded. Lift off and you'll oversteer. Fun, however, but difficult to race in competition where you're trying to push the car.
Exit: Punch the throttle for a good stable exit, fast too!
Comments: Low speed corners do not suit this car, no offense. One must always have a little throttle to keep the chassis settled into the corner. Lifting will always unsettle the car resulting in unusable oversteer. However, when driven smoothly and predictably, the speeds you are able to carry through low speed corners are a little mind-boggling - it really is that fast.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Once again, keep on the throttle just a tiny bit while entering the corner. Easier to drive here though.
Mid: Once you reach the apex you can lift completely if you're not hitting your line. However, this car does hold its lines very easily! One must let the rear do the work, not the front, learn that and you'll be very, very fast!
Exit: Punch the throttle here for a very fast, stable exit. This car is always stable under throttle and digs in on exits.
Comments: Mid speed corners are a little more forgiving, but require concentration and work on the drivers part. Learn how to drive the car and it is fast.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
The car is most natural here. Easy entry and fast! No drama.
Mid: Neutral, fast, and stable. Not much else to report.
Exit: Punch the throttle for very fast, stable exits.

Comments: This car is very difficult to drive through low and mid speed corners. I actually found it to be quite fun, however. It is better than stock, but still homicidal. One thing, though, one very big thing..... This is not a competition, but I will just say, this car's lap times are insanely fast. Insanely, stupidly, astonishingly, fast ;)! Maybe it fits my driving style, I don't know, and it sure does require a bit of concentration, but it is respectably fast.

LOL!
What a great review. Honest, funny and mirrors my own opinion on this tune.
Homicidal...yeah!
Thanks.

XS
@xande1959
Reviewer Info: DS3, Matterhorn Long Course - many laps, Nurburgring GP/F - 9 laps
Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Simply turns in well, neutral and easy, no drama.
Mid: Easy to drive through, start accelerating here, punch it and you'll push wide, no drama.
Exit: Gradually ease into full throttle, will push wide if too hard, no drama, no oversteer, mostly neutral most of the time.
Comments: At first the car feels heavy, but yet dives right into low speed corners. Drives nicely, no drama, neutral, and very user friendly.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Once again, the car just turns in nice and easy. Neutral and safe, no drama, and fast!
Mid: Easy to follow line through corner, easy to accelerate, easy to control, and very fast to boot.
Exit: Can go fairly heavy on the throttle, but don't punch it or the car will push wide - digs in at about 3/4 throttle.
Comments: Mid speed corners are just like low speed corners with this tune: neutral, easy, comfortable, and user friendly, not to mention very fast!

High Speed Corner
Entry:
The car stabs high speed corner entry without even trying!
Mid: Stable, neutral, easy to hold line, and fast.
Exit: Punch the throttle for very fast, stable exits. Not much else to report.

Comments: If ever there were a car to dispel the "zero camber theory" this is it (not that I'm arguing that at all mind you). Somehow the camber in this tune makes it run incredibly fast and astonishingly stable! When I saw the large camber dialed in, I thought this tune wasn't going to be all that good, no offense Xande, but quite the opposite is true. This is simply an amazing tune and very competitive. Ran some of the fastest 450pp laps of ANY car in my garage. Very well done!
- thanks pal but your comments were healthy and aida say a car for testers who have a lot of patience congrat .........:cheers::bowdown::gtpflag:

XS
@Ridox2JZGTE (450pp AND 500pp)
Reviewer Info: DS3, Matterhorn Long Course - 4 laps, Nurburgring GP/F - 12 laps
Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Decent turn-in, fast, and stable. A little wiggly under braking.
Mid: Ease into the throttle or you will experience some on-throttle oversteer, but nothing dramatic.
Exit: Ease on to the throttle a little more, stable, and fast! My only criticism for this tune's exits lie in low speed corners - just watch the throttle though and you will be safe.
Comments: The car handles low speed corners well, not too dramatic, almost always stable, and decently quick too.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Decent turn-in, carries good speed, and is nice and stable as well.
Mid: Easy to hold through the corner, is fairly fast and you can start easing on to the throttle this early. Very fun too!
Exit: Some occasional oversteer as it is difficult to find where the throttle is happiest, but if you drive it in a predictable pattern it is stable and quick. On tires harder than Sports Softs you can start a good, stable drift to show off a bit.
Comments: Mid speed corners are very fun in this car, no matter the tire compound used. I ran most of my laps on SS but ran some on each compound Ridox recommended and all are easy to handle, but fun too.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
High speed corner entry is easy and predictable. No drama, neutral as well.
Mid: Stable, neutral, easy to hold line, and fun.
Exit: Punch the throttle for very fast, stable exits. On comfort softs you can induce one heck of an epic exit drift :mischievous:!
Comments: The car feels natural at speed and transitions through high speed corners like they're not even there.

Comments: At 450pp: the car is easy to drive, fun and predictable. Watch the occasional throttle-induced oversteer, but other than that it's simply fast and fun. Logged some seriously fast 450pp times on many of the tracks with this tune.
At 500pp: this car's handling characteristics are mostly similar to the 450pp, although like Ridox mentions, it does rotate very nicely with the 500pp tune, most likely thanks to the reduced rear toe. The only real difference is, of course, this car is much faster. As a matter of fact, it's stupidly fast at 500pp. I actually had to try hard to beat it's times with some of my other cars at 500pp, and so far the only ones capable of beating it are the KTM, and GSX-R. Very nicely done 👍👍.

Love to hear that the both tune are fun and quick. Thank you for driving my tune :)👍

XS
@TurnLeft
Reviewer Info:

DS3
Matterhorn long course - 9 laps, Nürburgring GP/D - 6 laps

Low Speed Corner:
Entry
: Scrub off a lot of speed and turn in deliberately, don't second guess anything. Sometimes there's understeer, sometimes there's oversteer.
Mid: Throttle up here and the car will spin, must take smoothly. Can negotiate fairly fast though.
Exit: Easy throttle on, have to be gentle and precise or you'll start to oversteer.
Comments: If you are not completely deliberate with this car it will be a handful for you. There's a small margin where you can drive fast in, through, and out of low speed corners without drama.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry
: Turn-in is a bit more predictable for mid-speed corners. Can feel darty, but fast.
Mid: Apex is easy to hit if you're smooth. Good speed, gentle on-throttle.
Exit: Gradually accelerate for a fast exit. Occasional oversteer if you're too hard with the exit.
Comments: Mid speed corners are a bit more predictable and faster. The car can feel darty at times, but it doesn't upset the handling so not that big of a deal.

High Speed Corner:
Entry
: The car turns in fast corners nicely, feels darty, but doesn't affect your speed or handling.
Mid: Easy to hit apex. Can start to accelerate here but don't punch it.
Exit: Car handles high speed corners well. Little drama, only oversteer if you punch the throttle. Occasionally will push wide if you're pushing too hard.
Comments: High speed corners are easy in this car. Turn in at normal speed, transition through apex, throttle on exit. Simple as that.

Comments: This car has a narrow margin where it is fast and there's no drama. Find that margin and this tune is one of the fastest here! If you can't find it, you'll be fighting oversteer and understeer and an oddly darty chassis. Be deliberate and drive it with purpose. It will understeer if you're a bit too fast on entry, and oversteer if you're just a tad too early on the throttle. This car took me the longest to adapt to but once I did it was running very fast laps. Among the tunes I've already tested, this one was among the fastest!
Thanks for the comments, I've been working on a few changes after I tried the other tunings, loved this experience and I think it will help me in the future. I almost missed my own review being to busy with a bunch of stuff new avenues to test the different components of a car.(bitter englich know?).
Good day to you and be careful with your storm chasing adventures, we do want to keep you.

@XS, Got the 500PP here :D This one is a TURBO beast with over 350HP, but still can be driven well on comfort soft :embarrassed:

Lancia Stratos TURBO HF Stradale 500PP version

Lancia Stratos TURBO HF Stradale - special build at 500PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

CAR : LANCIA STRATOS '73
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 363 HP / 368 PS at 7800 RPM
Torque : 265.8 ft-lb at 5800 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 980 kg
Ballast : 99 kg
Ballast Position : -48
Weight Distribution : 46 / 54 - as in real life street version spec.
Performance Points: 500

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED ) - OPTIONAL - I have one built with this installed - works great on ABS 0.
Aero Kits Type A
Rear Wing - NO WING
Other Part A ( lights )
Wheels : Standard Size - PDI P525N in GT6 Matte 018
Car Paint : GT6 Metallic 012 Anniversary Deep Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Catalytic Converter Sports
Racing Brakes Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weigh Reduction Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Gr4 Eibach ERS Springs and Bilstein Damper Coilover Kit ( 450/475 )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 8.00 8.48
Dampers (Compression): 6 7
Dampers (Extension): 6 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 4
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.15

Alternative suspension setup for bumpy track :

Ride Height: 130 130
Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 3
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.15

LSD - 2 way ZF Plate based LSD low lock, medium preload
Initial Torque : 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 24 -increase to 30/37 to reduce brake lift off oversteer if necessary.

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Gr4 Rally Gearset with stock Final Gear
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 260kmh / 162mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.143
2nd 2.240
3rd 1.762
4th 1.417
5th 1.154
Set Final : 3.824 or 2.824 for top speed / track with long straight ( Adjust final according to track if necessary )

Brake Balance:
7/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I have this Stratos since release day, used often on cruise lobby online on lesser state of tune. I decided to tune up to 500PP. The weight kept at stock level, with weight distribution fixed to replicate real life car spec ( HF Stradale ). I removed the rear spoiler and installed rally style front lights :D

Using Gr4 spec suspension, LSD and gearing. Suspension comes from Eibach Gr 4 ERS springs, Bilstein Damper with conservative 450/475 spring rate, while LSD from Gr 4 ZF plate based LSD with max lock set at 40%. For gearing, I used Gr 4 Stratos HF Rally close ratio gearset to make sure the engine stays on the sweet spot range.

With the tune, this Stratos Turbo HF Stradale works on comfort soft and below if you are a throttle master ;), all sports tire and also has been tested on racing hard with good result. Minor differences with the 450PP, the front ARB has been increased, higher rear toe in for better traction/stability. LSD initial torque has been adjusted to reflect the higher engine torque. Turbo kit has been installed, giving much higher torque and peak HP. Final gear 2.824 is highly recommended for high speed tracks like Nordschleife.

Tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Bathurst, Big Willow, Nurb GP/F and Nordschleife :D The car is pretty stable, with good rotation, always brake smoothly, apply a bit of throttle when lifting the brakes to avoid excessive rotation. When the car pushes/understeer, reduce throttle - do not lift off all of a sudden, modulate at around 50%, this will make the car rotate smoothly. And lastly, do not jerk the steering when on a curve or driving at high speed, the car do not like rough steering input :)

ENJOY :cheers:
I never knew much about the Lancia Stratos before I started playing GT6. I had heard of the car, but I never knew the history behind the car, nor did I know what a crazy animal this car was to drive both in GT6 and in real life! So, I've always been quite fascinated with the vehicle since the first time I took my 15th Anniversary Stratos out for a spin.

I don't know how I ever missed this 500PP tune from Ridox Replica Garage, but I did. Today I had my mechanics build me this 500PP HF Stradale monster and they shipped my newly built Stratos along with a dozen sets of tires to the Nurburgring. Today was going to be fun!! :D

Ridox does a fantastic job in tweaking some sanity back into this car. Frankly, I find the stock from dealership Lancia Stratos undriveable. You have to baby every input so much, it's just not enjoyable to me at all. Ridox's Stratos is quite the opposite. Oh, you still have plenty of brake release oversteer and jerking the wheel will still deposit your car into a guardrail immediately, but there is now a barrier between driving under control and driving out of control now. Straight from the dealership, there is no such barrier.

I absolutely love what Ridox did to the suspension in this car. You'll feel the back tires bite down into the pavement when you are coming out of a drift. Your throttle foot controls what this car does, probably more so than any other car in my garage. Left-foot brakers will probably enjoy a bit of an advantage over my driving because applying a teeny bit of throttle under braking will keep the weight from transferring back and forth too much. That weight moving like a pendulum will get the Stratos out of shape very quick!

I ran a few laps with the stock Ridox setup and then pulled back into the garage to adjust my LSD and Final Gear. With the stock Final Gear you will be bumping the rev limiter at around 146-147MPH. This car has plenty of power to keep her pulling well past that speed and lowering the Final Gear to the secondary setting is a must on a track like Nordschleife. The alternate LSD settings really help make this Stratos civilized (slightly). You can push a little harder on the brake pedal without fear of the car whipping around on you as much, but you'll still have to take caution. I don't think ANY settings could truly tame this monster.

My Stratos was only driven with Comfort Soft tires, but I would imagine you could apply any Sport series tires on this as well for better traction. You definitely want to start off with CS tires, however, as half the fun of taking out this Lancia is trying to see if you can keep from dying, no? :sly: :lol:

@XS, Here is the tune for 450PP :

Lancia Stratos HF Stradale 450PP version

Lancia Stratos HF Stradale - special build at 450PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

CAR : LANCIA STRATOS '73
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 252 HP / 255 PS at 7200 RPM
Torque : 207.7 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.9%
Weight: 980 kg
Ballast : 99 kg
Ballast Position : -48
Weight Distribution : 46 / 54 - as in real life street version spec.
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED ) - OPTIONAL - I have one built with this installed - works great on ABS 0.
Aero Kits Type A
Rear Wing - NO WING
Other Part A ( lights )
Wheels : Standard Size - PDI P525N in GT6 Matte 018
Car Paint : GT6 Metallic 012 Anniversary Deep Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Catalytic Converter Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weigh Reduction Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Gr4 Eibach ERS Springs and Bilstein Damper Coilover Kit ( 450/475 )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Dampers (Compression): 6 7
Dampers (Extension): 6 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.10

Alternative suspension setup for bumpy track :

Ride Height: 130 130
Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 3
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.10

LSD - 2 way ZF Plate based LSD low lock, medium preload
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 24 -increase to 30/37 to reduce brake lift off oversteer if necessary.

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Gr4 Rally Gearset with stock Final Gear
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 240kmh / 149mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.143
2nd 2.240
3rd 1.762
4th 1.417
5th 1.154
Set Final : 3.824 ( Adjust final according to track if necessary )

Brake Balance:
8/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 8/6, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I have this Stratos since release day, used often on cruise lobby online on lesser state of tune. I decided to tune up to 450PP. The weight kept at stock level, with weight distribution fixed to replicate real life car spec ( HF Stradale ). I removed the rear spoiler and installed rally style front lights :D

Using Gr4 spec suspension, LSD and gearing. Suspension comes from Eibach Gr 4 ERS springs, Bilstein Damper with conservative 450/475 spring rate, while LSD from Gr 4 ZF plate based LSD with max lock set at 40%. For gearing, I used Gr 4 Stratos HF Rally close ratio gearset to make sure the engine stays on the sweet spot range.

With the tune, this Stratos HF Stradale is able to lap Tsukuba in easy consistent 1:05s on comfort soft even on stock gearing, with a best lap of 1:04s :eek: The tune works on comfort soft and below if you are a throttle master ;), all sports tire and also has been tested on racing hard with good result.

Tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Bathurst, Big Willow, Nurb GP/F and Nordschleife :D The car is pretty stable, with good rotation, always brake smoothly, apply a bit of throttle when lifting the brakes to avoid excessive rotation. When the car pushes/understeer, reduce throttle - do not lift off all of a sudden, modulate at around 50%, this will make the car rotate smoothly. And lastly, do not jerk the steering when on a curve or driving at high speed, the car do not like rough steering input :)

ENJOY :cheers:

Wow, you did a really good job here. It has a light, responsive steering feel with a good amount of stability and grip for this car. I can't believe how "neutral" this Stratos feels. 👍

Wow, you did a really good job here. It has a light, responsive steering feel with a good amount of stability and grip for this car. I can't believe how "neutral" this Stratos feels. 👍

Thank you for the feedback :D If you like this car, maybe you'll like another difficult car tune :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...llim-motors-spirra.306298/page-2#post-9560926

And the review :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...llim-motors-spirra.306298/page-3#post-9587935

Back