Digital Foundary - Tech Analysis: Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7

• Thread starter VBR
  • 11 comments

After watching the entire video in this thread, what game do you think looks best overall?

• Total voters
They both have slight advantages/disadvantages over each other, that work around how they implemented certain design choices making it a tough call. I feel GTS had an edge on visual prowess in some areas and falls back on others, especially when you see the weather and TOD changes that happen in Forza. However, GTS gets a significant nudge in lighting and materials, they've always excelled over the competition in that regard.

When it comes down to it, both very much Excel in visuals, but in different areas. I feel it's too close to call, as they're both visually stunning.

Edit: I should note that I'm strictly talking about gameplay situations. When introducing scapes into the mix, those photomode situations are currently untouchable in terms of visual prowess.

Last edited:
VBR

1-jpg.682196

2-jpg.682197
3-jpg.682198
4-jpg.682199
5-jpg.682200
6-jpg.682201
7-jpg.682202
8-jpg.682203
9-jpg.682204
10-jpg.682205
11-jpg.682206
12-jpg.682207
13-jpg.682208
14-jpg.682209
15-jpg.682488
16-jpg.682489
17-jpg.682490
18-jpg.682491
19-jpg.682492
20-jpg.682493
21-jpg.682494
26-jpg.682506
23-jpg.682496
24-jpg.682497
25-jpg.682498

Last edited:
I remember a conversation I had about Forza 3, where I said "It's pretty, but it doesn't look real". I wish this video was around when I had that discussion.

Forza is apparently doing the quantity over quality thing, so that's probably going to be the excuse for FM7. But even then, once one really gets into the details of Forza, it all starts to fall apart. It has always been like that, since FM1. It was a pretty game, but FAR from realistic. The same can be said about every Forza title ever made, including the Horizon series.

I'm jealous to a point that GTS looks that good. That point ends when I run a different sim than either. ;)

Both games look fantastic, GT Sport looks better overall though. In my opinion, of course.

Forza is apparently doing the quantity over quality thing, so that's probably going to be the excuse for FM7.

Kinda but not really. It's not exactly an excuse anyway, it's a design choice. From the difference in the amount of content and features it would seem that there's a significant amount of work required to go from FM7 level graphics to GTS level. And arguably to most players the difference in the gameplay isn't really that large. It's visible, but you have to get pretty close up to elucidate exactly what it is that makes the difference.

It's a pretty valid choice to go for 5 times the amount of cars and variable time and weather for a relatively small reduction in graphical fidelity. I'm not sure that it's quantity over quality in an absolute sense as it's making a different choice in how to balance the two. It's shades of grey in both games, after all.

literally no one thinks that FM7 has better graphics
100% think GT looks better by vote result
amazing

That's why I posted this thread in here, otherwise it might've been a more biased result if I'd posted it in the GTS Forum. I also posted redirect threads in both the GTS & Forza 7 forums to try & get both audiences to vote, but some overzealous mod deleted them.

I think Forza has a better sense of speed with the motion blur effects etc, GTS has always looked too slow. Driveclub has the fastest sense of speed I've ever experienced in a video game, sometimes it's too much though.

literally no one thinks that FM7 has better graphics
100% think GT looks better by vote result
amazing
While GTS does look great, I don't understand how you can go to such lengths to pretend that Forza looks bad in any way. It's a bit ridiculous that someone would go to such lengths to try to force the view that Forza is a bad game because GTS looks better. I'm not sure how this game has offended you so much that you try to slander its name at every corner of the forum.

All I know is that it is not too close to call.
Which is not a dig on Forza 7 at all. Their new dramatic art direction works great for their racing excitement language, and I'm sure it'll be an incredibly looking game like FH3 was once they reboot their assets for the new generation as GTS did. Just look at Dubai and the Porsche 911 RSR.
But right now it's mostly weighted down by tracks that are not prepared for different lights and models that show their age.

VBR
I think Forza has a better sense of speed with the motion blur effects etc, GTS has always looked too slow. Driveclub has the fastest sense of speed I've ever experienced in a video game, sometimes it's too much though.

Yup, GTS is pretty slow, the motion blur in Pro 2K mode helps a bit when you are at 100km/h+ but it's the most visually turtle game when you are at low speeds.

Back