Disney+ MCU

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 451 comments
I finished the Savage She-Hulk run by the late David Kraft and others a couple of months ago which is pretty much all that's missing for me as I read Byrne, the fill-in writers during his absence, Slott and Soule when they came out along with her guest spots in Greg Pak's Incredible Hulks and Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk books. The latest Rainbow Rowell run is okay too. Just about the only writer who doesn't really get the character so far is Jason Aaron in Avengers.

No such problems with Jessica Gao: the latest show is tight and not overly frivolous. The fourth wall breakage is a little half arsed but I'm glad it's there. Cox will probably have a blink and you'll miss him appearance, not that blinking would affect The Man Without Fear. Overall I think it's all right and not as fluffy as it could've been. It's a good time during a hard time for me.

Last edited:
I watched the first episode of, deep breath She-Hulk, Attorney at Law Season 1, and it more or less met my expectations. Some jokes didn't land, (thank you, all the marketing folks at Disney for ruining them with various trailers) the CGI was not as bad as people feared, and the 4th wall break was used sparingly... Well, as sparingly as you can without totally going off the rails, I guess.

So far, I can't think of any major gripes. Actors are solid, the pacing is spot-on (for now. We all know how MCU TV shows suffer from bad pacing in the middle episodes...) and the action scenes look... expensive? Let's say it's cinema-quality. It's only the first episode, but it still gives me cautious hope.

It's a good time during a hard time for me.
Hang in there. I'm sure things will get better sooner or later.

Hang in there. I'm sure things will get better sooner or later.
I sure hope so. Thanks for the encouraging words.
My 85-year-old mum is in the hospital and hasn't taken solid food for three weeks now. I'm her only relative close enough to visit. Hopefully her doctors will discover the reason before it's too late.
They x-rayed my mum's abdominal tract and found some compacted stuff. After flushing her with an enema she's eating a lot better now.

Last edited:
I sure hope so. Thanks for the encouraging words.
My 85-year-old mum is in the hospital and hasn't taken solid food for three weeks now. I'm her only relative close enough to visit. Hopefully her doctors will discover the reason before it's too late.
Sorry to hear that. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.

So, the 2nd episode of She-Hulk, Attorney at Law: I'm now fully on board.

I enjoyed the breezy, irreverent nature of this episode, a lot more than I expected. The moment/scene that sold me was the family dinner - it's got your usual family dinner tropes, like the well-meaning but overbearing mom, kind and wise but slightly henpecked dad, annoying little brother/cousin, embarrassing uncle... But, something about that scene resonated with me, and now I'm 100% rooting for one Ms. Jennifer Walters.

Can't wait for the next week's episode now. And I won't even gripe about the short run time, either. It works in favour of the episode's pacing, imo.

Last edited:
So, the 2nd episode of She-Hulk, Attorney at Law: I'm now fully on board.

I enjoyed the breezy, irreverent nature of this episode, a lot more than I expected. The moment/scene that sold me was the family dinner - it's got your usual family dinner tropes, like the well-meaning but overbearing mom, kind and wise but slightly henpecked dad, annoying little brother/cousin, embarrassing uncle... But, something about that scene resonated with me, and now I'm 100% rooting for one Ms. Jennifer Walters.

Can't wait for the next week's episode now. And I won't even gripe about the short run time, either. It works in favour of the episode's pacing, imo.
One of my favorite bits was when
Jen called Bruce to ask him about taking on Bronski's case, and Bruce said "That's so long ago, I'm a completely different person. Literally!" I wonder if Ed Norton has watched this yet?

@Populuxe I bet he isn't watching... :lol:

she-hulk-wolverine-easter-egg.jpg

Last edited:
@Populuxe I bet he isn't watching... :lol:

I saw those, and finally, FINALLY, someone is directly referencing
the ending to Eternals.
I always watch the Nerdist breakdown on YouTube afterwards. I like them best because they clearly know what they're talking about, but they also love it as much as we do.

I always watch the Nerdist breakdown on YouTube afterwards. I like them best because they clearly know what they're talking about, but they also love it as much as we do.
I am a TVTropes fan.

I'm not sure which I buy less... the ultra-low rent Wrecking Crew (who were clearly hired by Titania or whoever this season's big bad is to get a sample of gamma blood) or Arrow's Prometheus as an unassuming nice guy.

Will we ever get to meet Goodman, Lieber or Kurtzberg? In the show, not the Marvel founders.

It looked like Emil was ditching his soulmates in the credits... Does Val have a job for him considering unlike Jen he actually was rejected by the Avengers?

Last edited:
I'm not sure which I buy less... the ultra-low rent Wrecking Crew (who were clearly hired by Tits or whoever this season's big bad is to get a sample of gamma blood) or Prometheus as an unassuming nice guy.

Will we ever get to meet Goodman, Lieber or Kurtzberg? In the show, not the Marvel founders.

It looked like Emil was ditching his soulmates in the credits... Does Val have a job for him considering unlike Jen he actually was rejected by the Avengers?
He’s definitely being recruited to the Thun.. Valderbolts.
Seems corny, but I was thinking Doom. Of course he wouldn’t get bumbling crims. Maybe The Leader, from the cut scenes of The Hulk movie.

Watched the 3rd episode, and...

I thoroughly enjoyed it, although the episode wasn't without hiccups. The positives were, number one: the pacing. I'm liking how snappy and breezy the episodes feel. Two: Tatiana Maslany. I never watched her breakout role in that show about clones so this is my first exposure and she's great, whether it's as herself or as She-Hulk.

What I struggled a bit with was how flustered she got during the parole hearing - especially when Blonsky (Blondsky? Blomsky? Sorry, I don't have subtitles turned on when watching these shows...) transformed. While I chuckled throughout, I also felt a lawyer/prosecutor of her calibre wouldn't get that flustered by unexpected courtroom situations. I dunno, maybe I've watched way too many courtroom dramas.

Again, another solid episode. Next!

Last edited:
This is too funny not to share. Not really spoilerish or indecent, but spoiler tagged just to be safe.

Finished watching the 4th episode, and...

Man, that was fun. Mr. Blaze bit was cringe-funny, Wong stole the show, and dear Miss Madisonn (did I get that spelling right?) was not as annoying as I thought she'd be. I keep saying this for the past month or so, but this show's shorter running time is working in its favour. So breezy, irreverent and snappy-paced. I hope the usual Marvel TV curse doesn't affect this show going into the middle episodes...

Weirdly, I hope there isn't an "overarching" villain type during this season. (Yes, I'm calling it now, there will be a second season.) I know those bumbling idiots from the previous episode were hired by a 'shadowy force' but I dearly hope it's just Titania or maybe even Emil Blonsky (I finally saw how his name is spelled in this episode!) If not, I think it's getting dangerously close to the "way-too-late introduction, where the heck did that bad guy suddenly pop out from?" territory.

Oh, and that pediatric doctor? Why does he seem so... suspect? 🤔 Is it just me?

Wong stole the show, and dear Miss Madisonn (did I get that spelling right?) was not as annoying as I thought she'd be.
You forgot the Y (but it's not where you 🎵think🎵. (Madisynn)) I actually liked the chemistry between her and Wong. And Jen is right, Wong is very popular and for good reason. Benedict Wong has been nothing but perfect for the character right from the beginning. I knew I loved the character when he was revealed to be a Beyonce fan.

As for the "too good to be true" hot doctor, he clearly has a kink for big strong women. After being so kind and understanding and sensitive to She-Hulk, for him to just bail once he sees the real Jen is disappointing but not unexpected.

Last edited:
Not to get too touchy, but my wife did say it’s messed up “her self”confidence must be taking a hit, as Jen.
Even though she did brush it off. It was still grimey by the doc. Maybe this will be a point that we’ll see more of her as hulk than Jen. Especially when she’s made the profile and embracing the She-Huk name.

Other than that,
Maybe the demons are a precursor to the devil of Hell’s Kitchen. Among other cameos.

How could I forget “Donny” Blaze. Ghost Rider reference. Dr Strange travelled briefly through the hell dimension and now we get another hell dimension. Guess we’ll see how these Easter eggs play out.

How could I forget “Donny” Blaze. Ghost Rider reference. Dr Strange travelled briefly through the hell dimension and now we get another hell dimension. Guess we’ll see how these Easter eggs play out.
I know we already had Ghost Rider in S.H.I.E.L.D. but I hope Donny's not the official MCU version of Blaze. I'd even take Nicolas Cage's version over him.

And now, a short intermission:

Their Man-Thing is showing.

Screenshot_20220910_205319_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
1662839817691.png

Woo.

In other news from D23:

Vincent D'Onofrio will return as Kingpin.
Florence Pugh (Black Widow), Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier/White Wolf/Oh Whatever), David Harbour (Red... Sonya? I forget), Wyatt Russell (US Agent), Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Countess Double-Barrelled-Everything), Hannah John-Kamen (Ghost), Olga Kurylenko (Taskmaster) to star in the movie.
To be directed by Matt Shakman of WandaVision
Apparently called "New World Order", feature return of The Leader from allllll the way back in Hulk
Plot apparently hinges on the Marvels switching places when they use their powers, Goose and Nick Fury featured.

I thought they told us there was going to be a season 2 at the end of season 1.

The Cap news is welcome, glad to see ol'
forehead
make a return. @05XR8

Last edited:
Back