Disney+ MCU

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 435 comments
I loved the She-Hulk finale. Jen’s confrontation with K.E.V.I.N. was hilarious. I loved that there was a hood over it’s “eyes” that made it look like it was wearing a baseball cap just like Kevin Fiege. I really hope there’s a season 2.

Last edited:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. This is a She-Hulk spoiler and not a Werewolf spoiler? Little warning next time please. I'll be back after I watch the show.

Okay...

I wonder how much they had to pay Universal for that dream intro.

I think this show is more smartly written then it probably gets credit for. I like the way they anticipated the online hate and weaponised it into the big bad of the season. That's a more subtle break of the fourth wall than just talking to camera. I also like the way the 'A' and 'B' stories collided this week. Lastly I'm glad they kept Morris around so the show had at least one positive male role model.

They even homage the walking across the comics pages thing that Byrne did by having her traverse the D+ menu. A big GenX thumbs up for this. It also shows that Feige has just as much of a sense of humour about himself and the MCU as Byrne displayed in the comic book.

Bookending the series with Jen's closing arguments was also done well. This is like Jason Aaron having her defend his comics approach in court in Avengers but done infintely better in my eyes.

Last edited:
Can I just say, She-Hulk's last episode for S1 was probably one of the best in MCU TV imo? I was inwardly groaning about how a certain storyline regarding blood would be resolved, but man, this episode was so satisfying to watch.

I hope the show runners can keep this up in the season 2 as well. Yes, I'm calling it now, there will be multiple seasons.

I seem to be in the minority in this thread, but having got round to watching the She Hulk finale this afternoon I feel that it was quite possibly the worst TV series I've ever watched all the way to the end. It was only that me and the missues are quite invested in the MCU in general that we decided to keep going, though personally I am finding Phase 4 in general to be quite a mess. But it wasn't funny, the CGI was awful and there was no character development or depth.

Last edited:
It's a clever idea for a plot. Insane, and yet logically connected to the previous movies. No wonder Gunn sat on it for the last few years without giving it away.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to see Wakanda Forever on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it for a lot of different reasons, but one in particular is the introduction of Riri Williams aka Ironheart. I've been following her in the comics and she's a fun character. Nerdist has a nice introduction to the character. Spoilers for the comics but not the MCU.

I just caught the first episode of Ms. Marvel, by accident.

Any further episodes will also be by accident and against my will.

I just caught the first episode of Ms. Marvel, by accident.

Any further episodes will also be by accident and against my will.
Then I'd suggest accidentally watching the last episode and skipping to the final scene and just happen to stumble upon the end credit scene. :sly:

Then I'd suggest accidentally watching the last episode and skipping to the final scene and just happen to stumble upon the end credit scene. :sly:
I'm sure it's just because I'm not target audience, but it just seemed to be a total blast in the ADHD; everything was constantly happening all at once, in many colours and languages (in the classic trope fashion; a full sentence of English and a then random "oh no we forgot they're foreign" word slapped on the end, beta). There just wasn't time to take in a thing that had happened and think about it, for even a second.

The accident was I don't have Disney+ (nor will I ever), but a (wife's) friend has and my youngest child can be quite annoying if not given something to distract her.

I'm sure it's just because I'm not target audience, but it just seemed to be a total blast in the ADHD; everything was constantly happening all at once, in many colours and languages (in the classic trope fashion; a full sentence of English and a then random "oh no we forgot they're foreign" word slapped on the end, beta). There just wasn't time to take in a thing that had happened and think about it, for even a second.

The accident was I don't have Disney+ (nor will I ever), but a (wife's) friend has and my youngest child can be quite annoying if not given something to distract her.
Copy. If are able to watch more, my suggestion still stands.

Oh, Mantis is naughty. :lol:
I just watched The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special and I loved it. Who knew that Pom Klementieff and Dave Bautista would make such a great comedy duo? And thanks to James Gunn and The Old ‘97s, I have a new favorite Christmas song. The show also does something clever in getting a lot of exposition out of the way so it doesn’t need to be explained in GotG3. It was nice to get Yondu back, even if it was in a flashback. I thought the musical numbers and the animated scenes were a clever nod to the original Star Wars Holiday Special.

Last edited:
I just watched The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special and I loved it. Who knew that Pom Klementieff and Dave Bautista would make such a great comedy duo? And thanks to James Gunn and The Old ‘97s, I have a new favorite Christmas song. The show also does something clever in getting a lot of exposition out of the way so it doesn’t need to be explained in GotG3. It was nice to get Yondu back, even if it was in a flashback. I thought the musical numbers and the animated scenes were a clever nod to the original Star Wars Holiday Special.
The music was pretty good. Not too schmaltzy. There was a bit of sentiment in the plot but it came across to me as earned rather than shoehorned in. I haven't watched the Star Wars special but by reputation, it seems to be the opposite of what Gunn seemed to be trying to achieve here. It made a pretty good swansong to his Marvel career and judging by Black Adam he already seems to be making improvements to DC's movies (although he still has a long way to go).

I'm still waiting for a Jimmy Wu/Darcy show. Considering how much fun they both were in WandaVision, they really should have their own show. Complete speculation about The Marvels-> I'm guessing they'll appear in The Marvels since it will have Photon in it.

For those that haven’t seen the first Ant-Man, don’t open this
I've given up expecting not to be spoiled on Quantumania. It's been so long since the movie timeline has seen any plot advancement (as opposed to the introduction of new concepts) that I'm eager for as many details about this movie as I can get.

Last edited:
I feel this one is going to open so many cans of whoop-ass and worms. The Loki series actually did that, but this movie is going to, hopefully, have many explainers in it.

I hope this Quaz guy I've been hearing about isn't a red herring.

Back