Disney+ MCU

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 450 comments
I know we already had Ghost Rider in S.H.I.E.L.D. but I hope Donny's not the official MCU version of Blaze. I'd even take Nicolas Cage's version over him.
Oh, I wouldn’t think so. Probably the same actor from the series you mentioned. I’d, at least, hope.

As for all the news above, my goodness. If Disney-Marvel have stepped up their writing game, similar to CapWS, we’re going to be good. Still waiting for Blade though.

Madisynn: I would absolutely watch the hell out of that.
Werewolf by Night: I love that they’re doing this in black and white. I also love the vintage ‘70s “Special Presentation” open and the even more classic title card for the show itself.
Secret Invasion: It looks appropriately paranoid. It should be a lot of fun.
The rest of the news all sounds promising, too. Count me a satisfied MCU fan.

Last edited:
I'm usually blind to the faults of CG and am pretty sure the last time I complained was at the claymation looking low resolution effects used in 1997's Spawn but every time the Shulk appears on screen I can't unsee Princess Fiona. I guess they're trying hard on a TV budget (the showrunners recently admitted that they couldn't afford to cast Mark Ruffalo in every episode).

Last edited:
I’m sure budget is the reason they almost never show her transforming. It’s a lot cheaper to show someone’s reaction to her transformation than to actually animate it.

Last edited:
I’m sure budget is the reason they almost never show her transforming. It’s a lot cheaper to show someone’s reaction to her transformation than to actually animate it.
The twenty-first-century equivalent of the Dean Cain "cape-out" in which some gofer would always waft a large sheet of red fabric from off screen as they foleyed in a whoosh noise whenever he exited a scene.

Last edited:
Just watched episode 5. How blatant was that last scene? :lol: Next week should be good.
Thanks for not spoiling. I wish the comics "news" sites which Chrome insists on putting on my home page felt the same way.
Hoping they'll get a chance to butt heads like in the books.

Last edited:
Thanks for not spoiling. I wish the comics "news" sites which Chrome insists on outting on my home page felt the same way.
Hoping they'll get a chance to butt heads like on the books.
The trailers gave us a tease. :) We shall see.

As far as her CG, even one of the characters clowned on She-Hulk. They know. ;)

The trailers gave us a tease. :) We shall see.

As far as her CG, even one of the characters clowned on She-Hulk. They know. ;)
I knew what would happen but not when until I read that headline. As for the showrunners, I know they know they're short on budget. As @Famine might say, it's literally right there in my post. :P

I wonder whether the extra garment the Edna Mode guy added was an purple and white leotard.

Last edited:
the showrunners recently admitted that they couldn't afford to cast Mark Ruffalo in every episode).
I think this actually works in the show's favor. By sending him to Sakaar, Jen has to learn how to Hulk without having Bruce to fall back on. It will very likely also set up the Planet Hulk storyline.

I'm hoping that eventually the show (maybe in season two, it it gets a second season) will have Jen and Titania get to the same place they are in the comics: sparring frenemies. Here's a fight scene between them from the first issue of the current run.
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Last edited:
I knew what would happen but not when until I read that headline. As for the showrunners, I know they know they're short on budget. As @Famine might say, it's literally right there in my post. :P

I wonder whether the extra garment the Edna Mode guy added was an purple and white leotard.
I got your post. Just agreeing with it.
I said the same thing in your spoiler to my wife, right when he did the thing. Has to be.

This show is a good break from superheroing everything.

I think this actually works in the show's favor. By sending him to Sakaar, Jen has to learn how to Hulk without having Bruce to fall back on. It will very likely also set up the Planet Hulk storyline.

I'm hoping that eventually the show (maybe in season two, it it gets a second season) will have Jen and Titania get to the same place they are in the comics: sparring frenemies. Here's a fight scene between them from the first issue of the current run.
I'm really happy with Rainbow Rowell's run so far. We sure could do with a baseline Jen in the comics after all the years of variants. Mariko Tamaki tried to get her back to this at the end of her Hulk book but then along came Jason Aaron... 😬

Last edited:
Tatiana gave it her all but for me this was the least interesting episode so far and the way they introduced the fight felt kinda tacked on but it wasn't really offensive...

... unless you're an internet troll on the MGTOW side I guess.

At least we had a further glimpse into the workings of the big bad to provide at least a little conflict and threat in this episode.

Last edited:

Almost. ;)

I finally got round to wathcing the first few episodes of She-Hulk and my overriding feeling is.. Meh.

I feel a bit like that sums up the entire Phase 4 to be honest though.

Certainly more of Phase 4 is poorly written compared to earlier phases, though perhaps I'm looking at Phase 2 with rose tinted glasses. The Iron Man sequels weren't great, neither was Thor 2 and Age of Ultron was definitely the worst Avengers movie IMO.

However, rose tinted goggles or not, episode 1 was horrendous. The dynamic between Bruce and Jen was terrible and Bruce did not feel like Bruce, it felt like someone else playing a parody of him. Things did improve in episode 2, but overall I think I'll watch this just because I've started now.

Just finished watching episode 6, and I thought it was fun.

Although, I wasn't much of the fan of the 'climatic fight' - saw it coming a mile away - and the last ominous scene of a bunch of scientists had me eyerolling. Really? A professional outfit hiring bumbling fools to get MC's blood? Then again, bumbling fools wouldn't have gotten their hands on sophisticated alien tech without help, so...

Halfway through this week's episode and all those superimposed texty messages make me wish Batgirl had made it to the screen.

Compared to his athletic looking comics counterpart El Aguila looks like his quarantine 15 is showing.

Just watched episode 5. How blatant was that last scene? :lol: Next week should be good.
I guess not, or at least not in relation to that scene.

Last edited:
Halfway through this week's episode and all those superimposed texty messages make me wish Batgirl had made it to the screen.

Compared to his athletic looking comics counterpart El Aguila looks like his quarantine 15 is showing.

I guess not, or at least not in relation to that scene.
I know right? Goodness gracious. Ironic that THIS episode should have been “Just Jen“.

I much prefer comics Eugene to She-Hulk Eugene but it looks like all the guys in this show are jerks and douchebags unless their names begin with "D" for dad or "M" for Morris. ;)

(Except Pug maybe.)

I liked how they riffed on iconic DD takes like the hallway fight and the "sitting on a neon sign" shot for fun and laughs and even included the generic Marvel "heroes beat up on each other due to a misunderstanding before going after the real villain" team-up.

Couldn't the Damage Control guys at least TRIED to have stopped that guy in the mask before he ran into the crowd though? Maybe they're part of the Intelligencia's evil scheme to further enrage the Jen.

Last edited:
I feel like a broken record whenever I post in here. "I liked it." But it's true. To paraphrase Jen "This show is really doing it for me." Speaking of which, Jen gets laid and it's not with a jerk for once. Good for her. Also, DD's walk of shame was beautiful.

When I mentioned the D/M rule I wasn't really talking about her dad Morris. Just trying to avoid spoilers.

Last edited:
HELL YES!
I sounded like that kid from the Incredibles, when they CG’d his agility in the parking lot. Best episode of any Marvel show and pretty much one of the top 30 minutes of the complete MCU.

I was smiling and laughing and really just enjoyed it, man. Too cool dance moves. :lol:

Just finished watching Werewolf by Night and...

It was okay. Honestly, I was expecting a bit more, but... It wasn't scary enough, not gory enough nor action-y enough. Which is understandable, as this is Disney+, not HBO.

And while watching it, I had this uncomfortable feeling that Gael Garcia Bernal was miscast in the role of Jack. Not sure why, but to me, he came across as lost or overwhelmed most of the time - and even bumbling in a couple of scenes. I'm not knowledgeable about Marvel's werewolf character so can't be sure if he's like that in the comics too, but those 'goofy' scenes totally deflated all the built-up tension.

And it felt too short. Just around 52 minutes, including the credits... And no post-credit stinger, either.

Funny, I had a completely different reaction to Werewolf by Night. I also have no experience with the comic so I was going in fresh. But I felt Bernal was perfect. His scenes with Laura Donnelly as Elsa Bloodstone and "Ted" were well done and emotionally resonant. Donnelly and Harriet Sansom Harris as Verussa Bloodstone were both well cast as well. I agree that it felt a bit short. I would have liked to have had the other hunters fleshed out a bit. But over all, I thought it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Last edited:
I think the most gore we’ve seen in the MCU, before WbN, was the beheading of Thanos, characters being speared and splattered by machinery. Not just the mass blowing up of characters.
Makes me scratch my head about Feige’s interjection during the Doctor Strange II at Comic Con. It was announced DSII would be Marvels first horror movie. Feige was quick to dismiss it as a horror movie. I think that’s when it was Toned down to what it could have been. Now, with Deadpool type butchering, it seems like Feige wants to ease people into that level of depiction.
I mean, we’re already getting mid-levels of profanity(I’m speaking mid-level for the USA‘s sake) and suggestive themes in Marvel shows kids will be watching.

I haven’t seen Möbius. So, not sure about what levels of violence are In that.

Didn’t mind it at all. We got Moon Knight to prepare people for spiritual and monster characters. I guess it was something different to set up stuff like Blade and the Black Knight.

I liked it just fine.

Marvel horror was always pretty goofy.

Ted was a lot more expressive and independent than he is in the comics. More man than thing. I've had enough of tragic, haunted monsters anyway.

I'd like to see Laura Donnelly pop up again.

Last edited:
Back