Do not upgrade to 2.12

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 295 comments
Because Sony is technically supposed to enforce it, and why else would they do it? They're working on GT6, they don't need to worry about this. Even if Sony didn't directly call for this, PD really are supposed to take action when people break the TOS.

I'm not making assumptions. We all knew this would end up happening.

It's unlikely to have come from Sony head office. PD is Sony and vice versa if you want to talk corporate since PD is wholly owned by Sony. However, each studio will guide it's own product as it sees fit unless something happens to warrant intervention.

This is not one such case.

Sony is pretty open. Like any company, they care about the bottom line. There was very little (if anything) infringing on income. In fact, I saw several posts from people coming back to the title because of modding which is positive. If anything, a Sony exec is on the phone with PD asking why they stopped it and how they plan to handle the fallout.

Sony has funded Drive Club. I think that is all you need to know about how Sony as a company feels regarding the direction of Gran Turismo.

They CAN'T leave it in because Sony WONT let them because Sony CAN'T let them since they probably have a bunch of fine print agreements with all the companies that could potentially get them in trouble, EVEN IF IT'S JUST GAME DATA AND DOESN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING VISUAL.

Remember that there is the burden of proof in a legal dispute. Without evidence that there is harm, there is no case. Showing a video of a modded car with a part swap that looks just like a tuned car without a parts swap is extremely flimsy.

Here is a more reasonable theory (I stress that). Given the ease of modding and the almost too good to be true way that modding works with the PP system, one could assume that modding was at some point discussed and implemented to some extent. Community modding would have infringed on that intellectual property. Just a theory.

Last edited:
Having read much of the drivel written in this thread, I just can't help myself.
ROTFL
What kind of world do you guys think you're in?
It's a GAME, not real life, so NO, you can't change engines as you wish.
The software copyright is owned by Polyphony, so NO, you can't change the code just because you think it feels better.
Grow up people - this game has been good to us. Many people put in a lot of work and perfectionism to make that happen.
Be grateful to the developers for trying to give you more than a game.

My World :crazy:

Actually yes, yes I can.

The software copyright is owned by Polyphony, so NO, you can't change the code just because you think it feels better.

No copyright law has anything to do with hacking a car in GT5, and YES, yes I can change the code as much as I like. I cant redistribute the game with the modified code or without for that matter, THAT infringes on copyright laws ;) However since the hacking is of the save game and not the actual game itself I AM Allowed to share the Hacks freely no laws of any kind broken :D

I'm not sure you realize this but, buying and playing the game offline I've agreed to NO agreement of any kind, there is no usage agreement for a PS3 game, the only time any agreements come into play is when I go online with the game on their network. The agreement is for the access to that network..

EVEN when hacked cars were online, no law was broken, we only broke what PD considers to be proper use and they have the right to ban or change the game to block hacks all they want FOR WHAT EVER REASON THEY WANT, no law has ANYTHING to do with it.. Proper use is so vague and left open for PD to change at any time lol, its all about access to their network after all, you do not have to go on the network if you do not want to ;) They can change it simply because they dont like it and they want full control of online play of the game, or they could of changed it based off a coin toss, it don't matter.

Check your game the only "usage" agreement is for online, simple as that. Outside of online Im ONLY bound by copyright laws, and unless Im redistributing the game, I haven't brushed up on a copyright law..

This is real life, not the BS your parents fed you growing up....

Grow up people - this game has been good to us. Many people put in a lot of work and perfectionism to make that happen.

Its a game, its been paid for, and I've paid for every GT title over the years, I'VE BEEN GOOD TO PD, ;) they need to show a little appreciation, and GTAcademy is a Farce... Way to American Idol racing lol...

ROFLMFAO!!!!

Last edited:
Having read much of the drivel written in this thread, I just can't help myself.
ROTFL

Give me a break. PD is just a business. I showed how greatful I was when I gave them my money for the game. The gratitude ends right there. After that I'll do what I want to the game as I see fit, regardless if it breaks the TOS or not. I know what the consequences are, so I don't need to justify anything.

Correct, code cannot be changed. If someone was changing code, then the copyright would be infringed upon.

However, a mod is merely changing the data in the various data files or swapping the data files from one car to another. Every player in the game is changing this data when they tune their car. It is integral to the game. All modding does is exceed the arbitrary limits put in place by the scripter.

These limits are a choice that the fans don't agree with. Almost unanimously, everyone can agree that being allowed access to the full range of tuning ability is a good thing and, in fact, would have avoided all of this.

Don't limit ride height range. Let us adjust as needed. Don't limit gear range and number. Allow us to to adjust as needed.

ROTFL

You had me dude, until you mentioned Sony and Perfectionism in relation to GT5. Two questions. What are you smoking and how do I get some?

ROTFL

Go troll somewhere else.

Supposed to enforce what?!?!?!

Man you have no idea what your talking about bro... PD did what they did because PD wanted to address the hacked cars raping seasonals pretty much, and to preserve the Online Play in GT5 as they want to market online play in GT6. What the hell does Sony care if we hybrid GT5 cars? Come on Dude, do you really think Sony cares about every hack in every game on the System???? Get Real...... Bigger fish to fry with Jailbroken Systems and games getting pirated ;) they don't care or have time to waist on every little hack in all the games on the System....

I'm done trying to explain this to you. You obviously are too ignorant to hear what I'm saying.

I'm done trying to explain this to you. You obviously are too ignorant to hear what I'm saying.

Naw you just don't understand what your talking about. None blinder then those who refuse to see, and ignorance is bliss....

Don't sweat it man, it's all good. You can believe some mistery laws have been broken, believe it all you like. Your opinion doesn't change the facts of the matter, and that is while breaking Online User Agreements, may block your network access hacking GT5 cars is NOT against the law.....

Last edited:
Naw you just don't understand what your talking about. None blinder then those who refuse to see, and ignorance is bliss....

Don't sweat it man, it's all good. You can believe some mistery laws have been broken, believe it all you like. Your opinion doesn't change the facts of the matter, and that is while breaking Online User Agreements, may block your network access hacking GT5 cars is NOT against the law.....

It isn't my opinion. I do understand EXACTLY what I'm talking about but I'm really getting tired of this.

And I never said hacking was against the law. You seem to not be reading my posts correctly.

But yes. As said above, this needs to end now.

It isn't my opinion. I do understand EXACTLY what I'm talking about but I'm really getting tired of this.

And I never said hacking was against the law. You seem to not be reading my posts correctly.

But yes. As said above, this needs to end now.

Yeah it IS your opinion. Do you work for Sony? PD maybe? Didn't think so... You seem to think there is some grounds for a Lawsuit or something. What a JOKE

You seem NOT to understand that a online user agreement has nothing to do with hacking cars off line, and its NOT against the law or grounds for a Lawsuit if you break that agreement bringing them online, its just grounds to block your online access, THAT IS IT..

Its as simple as this

If people want to access SEN/PSN/PD network, you agree to whatever they put in front of you and they can put whatever they want. The grounds are if you break it or they don't like you for no reason they have to explain, then they can ban your access to the network

Case Closed....

I don't know what your talking about lawsuits, and Sony forcing them to patch it. Alll of it absurd... You come in here talking like you have something to teach us, but its YOU my friend that just got Schooled...

Yeah it IS your opinion. Do you work for Sony? PD maybe? Didn't think so... You seem to think there is some grounds for a Lawsuit or something. What a JOKE

You seem NOT to understand that a online user agreement has nothing to do with hacking cars off line, and its NOT against the law or grounds for a Lawsuit if you break that agreement bringing them online, its just grounds to block your online access, THAT IS IT..

Its as simple as this

If people want to access SEN/PSN/PD network, you agree to whatever they put in front of you and they can put whatever they want. The grounds are if you break it or they don't like you for no reason they have to explain, then they can ban your access to the network

Case Closed....

I don't know what your talking about lawsuits, and Sony forcing them to patch it. Alll of it absurd... You come in here talking like you have something to teach us, but its YOU my friend that just got Schooled...

SONY could get sued by the manufacturers potentially from these modded cars. Not us. But Sony could.

I'm not getting schooled. You just need to spend a bit longer reading my posts so you'll understand what I've been trying to say. As of right now you're just putting words in my mouth and calling me unintelligent.

^ He doesn't care, as long as he gets to mod, that's he cares about it seems...

Lol seriously. Makes me wish PD would adopt T10's ideas and just ban everyone tht is cheating, instead of making a patch. Do it offline if you want, that's all you. That being said though.. Why would you link that account to the PSN if your just going to use hybrids for offline play

What's funny is how the guy can't grasp the use of the word illegal in this situation.

Lol seriously. Makes me wish PD would adopt T10's ideas and just ban everyone tht is cheating, instead of making a patch. Do it offline if you want, that's all you. That being said though.. Why would you link that account to the PSN if your just going to use hybrids for offline play

What's funny is how the guy can't grasp the use of the word illegal in this situation.

Agreed. I believe PD/Sony will indeed need to adopt to T10's ideas, because basically even if the modders do stay offline, they can still upload replay videos on to youtube and stuff like that since they're not banned. I'm very worried.

SONY could get sued by the manufacturers potentially from these modded cars. Not us. But Sony could.

I'm not getting schooled. You just need to spend a bit longer reading my posts so you'll understand what I've been trying to say. As of right now you're just putting words in my mouth and calling me unintelligent.

NO they cannot, that's absurd, ridiculous, and why ROFLMFAO YOU do NOT understand...

Man you guys need to wake up and smell the coffee. Online agreements are for online access and access is ALL that is at stake. The Mans dont give a Rats patootie about Hybriding as it is in the GT series, ALL of them, its NOT exclusive to GT5, Wake up!

What Cheat? I build realistic Brids whats to cheat? You think a win in a video game has some kind of meaning? get a grip, this is a video Game people......

Please tell me where this agreement I supposedly agreed to that said Im not allowed to hybrid???? Ahh you cant find it can you, all you can find is a Online usage agreement,

IF there were any such agreement it would have to be marked on the box that there is this agreement. Otherwise as a consumer Im not aware of this agreement before I purchase it. Hmmmm look over the Box, By law they need to mark the copyrighted registered trade marks (no pirating involved in hybriding) and lookie lookie it says there is a ONLINE usage agreement..... Nowhere is there a agreement to use the game I bought LMFAO Look clearly u are confused, don't worry it happens all the time the big words can be confusing....

NEXT!!!

Last edited:
FastAShecK
NO they cannot, that's absurd ridiculous, and why ROFLMFAO

This.

The worst possible thing that can happen is they lose their license to have these cars.

Agreed. I believe PD/Sony will indeed need to adopt to T10's ideas, because basically even if the modders do stay offline, they can still upload replay videos on to youtube and stuff like that since they're not banned. I'm very worried.

I don't really care so much about videos and pictures of modded cars, I was only concerned with the use of the cars online. Like I said, use it all you want offline, but why complain about the patch? You shouldn't even have linked your account I the PSN if your just going to e doing this offline.

If your gonna link the account, then your going to have to accept the situation.

I don't really care so much about videos and pictures of modded cars, I was only concerned with the use of the cars online. Like I said, use it all you want offline, but why complain about the patch? You shouldn't even have linked your account I the PSN if your just going to e doing this offline.

If your gonna link the account, then your going to have to accept the situation.

Oh okay, and excatly. I do agree though, they're complaining so much when they can clearly just use their modded cars offline. That's it.

This.

The worst possible thing that can happen is they lose their license to have these cars.

That WILL NOT HAPPEN, and the Manufacturers DON'T CARE that we hybrid, why would they... NOTHING about hybridding bothers them in the least, there is NOTHING being broken in the agreement they have with PD to represent their products, You guys clearly don't understand..

Its actually kinda funny, you guys need to learn your rights as a consumer. You think handing my cash over for software on a disk gives them the right to tell me HOW to use what I just paid for, you are insane... You need to wake up, grow up, and stop being childish even though we are talking about a video game...

Im glad to use my modded cars offline and I will continue to do so. I actually welcome the blocking of hybrids online as the hyper cars was stupid and annoying, doesn't change the facts of the matter...

YOU are complaining like a little girl about hybrids even though they are no longer online. I admit the patch upset me at first, but that didn't last long, AND even while we could still bring modded cars online I was a BIG advocate against hyper cars and even LMP chassis swaps, so you really have no clue what your talking about when you run your keyboard like that. Roflmfao...

Last edited:
NO they cannot, that's absurd, ridiculous, and why ROFLMFAO YOU do NOT understand...

Man you guys need to wake up and smell the coffee. Online agreements are for online access and access is ALL that is at stake. The Mans dont give a Rats patootie about Hybriding as it is in the GT series, ALL of them, its NOT exclusive to GT5, Wake up!

What Cheat? I build realistic Brids whats to cheat? You think a win in a video game has some kind of meaning? get a grip, this is a video Game people......

Please tell me where this agreement I supposedly agreed to that said Im not allowed to hybrid???? Ahh you cant find it can you, all you can find is a Online usage agreement,

IF there were any such agreement it would have to be marked on the box that there is this agreement. Otherwise as a consumer Im not aware of this agreement before I purchase it. Hmmmm look over the Box, By law they need to mark the copyrighted registered trade marks (no pirating involved in hybriding) and lookie lookie it says there is a ONLINE usage agreement..... Nowhere is there a agreement to use the game I bought LMFAO Look clearly u are confused, don't worry it happens all the time the big words can be confusing....

NEXT!!!

Here. I found some for you
You must not cheat or engage in deceptive, fraudulent or misleading practices.
You must not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other part of any Service or cause disruption to any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to Sony Entertainment Network for any reason, including to gain an unfair advantage in any Service.

Can be found here: http://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/u/u_tosua_en.html

Under section 3.

That WILL NOT HAPPEN, and the Manufacturers DON'T CARE that we hybrid, why would they... NOTHING about hybridding bothers them in the least, there is NOTHING being broken in the agreement they have with PD to represent their products, You guys clearly don't understand..

Its actually kinda funny, you guys need to learn your rights as a consumer. You think handing my cash over for software on a disk gives them the right to tell me HOW to use what I just paid for, you are insane... You need to wake up, grow up, and stop being childish even though we are talking about a video game...
Actually there are a lot of things manufactures can do with the actual cars thy let game company's use. That's why some manufacturers, in the past, didn't want there cars to be damaged, or be in a game with cop chases or running from cops. If they think it effects the said company in a negative way then try can very well not allow a certain game to use any of there cars.

Last edited:
Foolish little boy

THAT IS FOR ONLINE USAGE, have you not the ability to read?

I said MANY Times, bringing brids online they have the right to block your online access THAT IS IT You are lost Bro, like totally lost...

Actually there are a lot of things manufactures can do with the actual cars thy let game company's use. That's why some manufacturers, in the past, didn't want there cars to be damaged, or be in a game with cop chases or running from cops. If they think it effects the said company in a negative way then try can very well not allow a certain game to use any of there cars.

Nobody said they cant pull the licenses, they can pull it because they dont like the way the color of the car comes out in the game... I'm saying its stupid to think they would where there is no reason to, as in the case of hybrids in GT5 there is nothing to upset them ;) nothing happening to make them get mad, nothing at all. MAYBE to YOU its a big deal, and you can think of so many reasons why they should be upset, but NONE of that matters, because in REALITY nothing is going on that they are upset with...

Comprehension is as fundamental as reading ;)

Last edited:
Foolish little boy

THAT IS FOR ONLINE USAGE, have you not the ability to read?

Like I said, don't link your account to PSN and you won't be affected. If your going I link it, then your going to agree to the TOS. So no matter if your online or not now, your already agreed that you wouldn't do this:

You may not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other parts of any game title, or content.

There is no such thing as an online disc, and the save file is on your hdd, not the Internet.

Nobody said they cant pull the licenses... I'm saying its stupid to think they would where there is no reason to, as in the case of hybrids in GT5 there is nothing to upset them ;) comprehension is as fundamental as reading ;)
The reason cross manufacturer swaps weren't allowed in t10 games was because manufacturers wouldn't allow it. So doing that illegally in this game very well can be something for them to pull licenses.

FastAShecK
Nobody said they cant pull the licenses... I'm saying its stupid to think they would where there is no reason to, as in the case of hybrids in GT5 there is nothing to upset them ;) comprehension is as fundamental as reading ;)

Actually manufacturers like Ferrari are very picky on the use of their cars in the games.

Why do you think they patched the glitch in the regulations to where you could drive Ferrari F1 cars with other cars? Once again licensing. That's why it was addressed.

Either believe me or others that will confirm this same thing. That is your choice.

But it is very possible for them to lose licensing from the manufacturers.

Far as this being illegal. No it is not illegal. Yes like you said the TOS only apply offline (in the hybrids case). Only when you sell these hacks or sell modified hardware/software that's when the TOS comes in to play offline

Like I said, don't link your account to PSN and you won't be affected. If your going I link it, then your going to agree to the TOS. So no matter if your online or not now, your already agreed that you wouldn't do this:

Like I SAID, bridding only can get you the Bann Hammer, the choice is yours, IF banned by PD its only a PSN account ban and not a consolde ID ban, so YOU still have access ;) just no longer with that account :D

There is no such thing as an online disc, and the save file is on your hdd, not the Internet.

:crazy:

The reason cross manufacturer swaps weren't allowed in t10 games was because manufacturers wouldn't allow it. So doing that illegally in this game very well can be something for them to pull licenses.

What a Man allows and doesn't allow in any game is up to them and they have their reasons, we can speculate all we like but there is no point to that. FACT-O-THE-MATTER is there is nothing wrong with hybridding offline, if you bring them online your putting that account at risk of loosing access to the online network.... Simple as that.

If proper engine swaps are incorporated into a game the engine is being represented as its own product and therefore separate licencing for the engines, and in GT5 there is NO representation of ANY engine, so swaps technically in the game ARE NOT REAL ENGINE SWAPS!!! ROFLMFAO! All it is is sound and acceleration rate that changes the same as adding a muffler (improved performance and the sound changes, lol), you think actual engines are getting swapped around? Get a Grip...

:D

Last edited:
Like I SAID, bridding only can get you the Bann Hammer, the choice is yours, IF banned by PD its only a PSN account ban and not a consolde ID ban, so YOU still have access ;) just no longer with that account :D
break the rules enough and that's sure to change. Either way, you would make another account just to hypothetically get banned again?

that's all? Lol

What a Man allows and doesn't allow in any game is up to them and they have their reasons, we can speculate all we like but there is no point to that.
its not speculation. It is what happened with past need for speed games.

FACT-O-THE-MATTER is there is nothing wrong with hybridding offline, if you bring them online your putting that account at risk of loosing access to the online network.... Simple as that.
I already said that.

If proper engine swaps are incorporated into a game the engine is being represented as its own product and therefore separate licencing for the engines, and in GT5 thereis NO representation of ANY engine, so swaps technically in the game ARE NOT REAL ENGINE SWAPS!!! ROFLMFAO!

Neither are Forza's. it names the car it's from and usually just the amount of cylinders. Individual engine models/names where never used. Essentially all it was, was a power adder and also changed its sound, like you said. They where in fm1 but I don't recall seeing it since.

break the rules enough and that's sure to change. Either way, you would make another account just to hypothetically get banned again?

IF I cared about online play, I probably would :D

that's all? Lol

Your comment wasn't directed at me, and had little to speak against any of my points, so

:crazy:

What are you expecting??

its not speculation. It is what happened with past need for speed games.

YES, you are speculating on how that applies to Gran Turismo 5, and even further how that applies to hybriding as it is in Gran Turismo...

If you look at the past, hmmmm GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4 all have hybridding in them, and PD didn't even change the car code from (at least) GT3 to now....

Neither are Forza's. it names the car it's from and usually just the amount of cylinders. Individual engine models/names where never used. Essentially all it was, was a power adder and also changed its sound, like you said. They where in fm1 but I don't recall seeing it since.

Basically jut says Forza didn't get or didn't request the licencing, and implemented it in the same way we hybrid in GT, because doing so doesn't infringe on the licencing they already have with those manufactures...

Back