Do not upgrade to 2.12

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 295 comments
I don't get why you think that because it was happening I past games, means it should be allowed now. Things don't stay the same forever and change is part of life. Either adapt o leave, it's up to you. They finally did something about the hacking. Better late the never I say.

As for the "speculations" the same rules are going to apply for everyone that gets the license.

Company A can very well hate every thing about damaging there cars in a game so they are going to opt away from every single game that has damage. I doubt they would let one company slide.

What your doing is breaking the TOS from Sony. What Forza is doing is not breaking anything as its part of the game, and has nothing to do with hacking/modding files externally. They are in no way similar.

Logic seems to escape you.

I don't get why

I bet there is allot to add to that list

you think that because it was happening I past games, means it should be allowed now. Things don't stay the same forever and change is part of life. Either adapt o leave, it's up to you. They finally did something about the hacking. Better late the never I say.

Im saying there is nothing wrong with it, YOU seem to thik there is something wrong with how I use MY PROPERTY lol, never said it should be allowed ONLINE, Im actually all for it being blocked online :D have you been reading?

As for the "speculations" the same rules are going to apply for everyone that gets the license.

That's like saying all contracts have the same terms, Get a Grip...

NO, each licence agreement is different. Just like each games representation is different, AND PD disclaims any variations...

Company A can very well hate every thing about damaging there cars in a game so they are going to opt away from every single game that has damage. I doubt they would let one company slide.

Your opinion is they care, mine is they don't... Since no Man has ever come down on PD for Hybrids in the past :sly: why would they now?

What your doing is breaking the agreement from Sony.

What agreement? The ONLINE usage agreement? How so, Im on 2.11 :crazy: N I think I already said it can get you banned from online, rightfully so, not that I care at all though, GT5 online sucked and GTAcadamy is a Joke.

What Forza is doing is not breaking anything as its part of the game, and has nothing to do with hacking/modding files externally. They are in no way similar.

Its the same thing even if you don't understand that :sly: Nothing wrong with it as long as no engines are actually misrepresented, you just fail at understanding...

Last edited:
I just wanted to chime in and say that PD probably can't be held liable for how their software is used. Hybriding is a form of hacking - modifying the game it was never intended to do.

Sure, PD might want to apease manufacturers as much as they can, even if only to remain on good terms with 'picky' brands such as Ferrari. However, games have been modified beyond what the developer originally intended for a long while. And I have yet to hear of a single lawsuite or withdrawn license because of that.

The GTA community has been modifing their games over the years and added quite a lot of real cars to a franchise that never had licensed cars. And yet, it's not like Rockstar has ever been held responsible for that. Sony isn't sued because of what some guy does with a jailbroken PS3, so why would PD be held responsible for what's being done with a hacked GT5 game?

And, last but not least, I really can't see any manufacturer (aside from maybe Ferrari) pulling their support over something as trivial as this. Having them in one of the most popular racing games is a good way of advertising their cars, after all.

Could you not express your opinion without being rude about it?

I could, but the politeness gets tossed a bit when I have to repeat myself 30 times because the other guy just doesn't understand what they are talking about, and especially when they open the debate with an insult to my comprehension when the issue at hand is their own lack of comprehension...

So yeah, my patients has worn a little thin ;) Ohh, and for example, your last quote of mine "logic seems to escape you" well that was what they wrote to me, I just used their words against them :D. So seriously if yah don't know shhhhh ;)

Last edited:
Every one of your posts at me has an insult, my last one has one at you. it's quite ridiculous that you insult to try to get your point across.

Either way, I don't feel I should reply as all your doing is attacking people that have differing opinions.

Would rather have a conversation with an adult rather then someone throwing around insults like a child.

Yes there is. You probably were just too ignorant to read it. It's how the world works, sorry but you might as well get used to it.

And don't agree to anything that you aren't willing to agree to.

ROFLMFAO

What's funny is how the guy can't grasp the use of the word illegal in this situation.

You need to wake up Bro, seems you don't know the definition of the word "illegal' in ANY situation... Roflmfao...

It is illegal

What?!?!?!?!?! NO Breaking agreements IS NOT ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaywalking is illegal, breaking agreements is NOT if you want to get technical.

I'm done trying to explain this to you. You obviously are too ignorant to hear what I'm saying.

Your Shoe is on the wrong foot....

Only when its broken backwards and flat out wrong lol...

Every one of your posts at me has an insult, my last one has one at you.

Did I hurt your feelings?

Practice what you preach 💡 Sounds like your running out of road.....

lol my point being, if you say all I'm doing is insulting, you need to seriously get a grip, wake up, and stop being so darn sensitive. The light jabs that have gone on here have gone BOTH WAYS. Only difference I'm not talking out my Butt Hole. If somebody says Hybriding is Illegal as it is in GT5 I will tell them No its not, if they persist I will tell them to think that is STUPID!

Don't get pissed at me if a few of you guys don't understand the difference between breaking an agreement and breaking a Law, even more you think some agreement has been broken hybriding offline its hilarious...

Even worse you few are crying in here about Hybrids when they are no longer online, what do you have to cry about now? Are you upset some of us are staying on 2.11? How does that affect YOU? If some of us are sticking on 2.11 so we can keep hybriding, what does that tell you about how we use Hybrids? You act like everybody who Hybrids does it to cheat online, yet here we are refusing to even go online so we can keep hybridding, THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SEC ;)

Do I need to get my 9 year old nephew in here to tell you to "Man Up"?

Last edited:
It's all moot. I've been reading that the new firmware locks out saving to USB. Modding is dead in GT5.

There's still ways to get ridiculous HP and to cheat, but the modding that the enthusiasts were harmlessly enjoying is crushed. Terrible way to handle it.

Voodoovaj
It's all moot. I've been reading that the new firmware locks out saving to USB. Modding is dead in GT5.

What? No I backed up my save data last night. And i am still using the editor for car tickets and paints after 2.12

I am going to check again.

There's still ways to get ridiculous HP and to cheat, but the modding that the enthusiasts were harmlessly enjoying is crushed. Terrible way to handle it.

WOW That is something serious, wasn't expecting a new firmware so quick after 4.40, I hope they block that with the next CFW that comes out.... If not I'll just stick to 4.40 cfw till I have to... So glad I snagged all the DLC while I was able too... 2.11 is GT5 at its best.

Last edited:
FastAShecK
4.41 is released.

PS3 firmware, not the game update
Yes I know I was talking about after that update last night
Voodoovaj
100% completely false. Two minutes ago I did this to make sure I wasn't drunk last night to the point I was imagining things. Here you go.
2013-04-25120747_zpsb566985d.jpg

2013-04-25120800_zps9146b3df.jpg

2013-04-25120810_zps0767ad62.jpg

2013-04-25120835_zps552546c1.jpg

2013-04-25120844_zps0fd17c7f.jpg
FastAShecK
WOW That is something serious, wasn't expecting a new firmware so quick after 4.40, I hope they block that with the next CFW that comes out....
Don't get worked up for nothing. If Sony actually locked out you from being able to copy/load from a USB it would NOT just be people who were modding being completely pissed off.

There's proof that it still works above

Not trying to burst your guys bubble or anything. I just had to check for myself. Because modding or not either way I would and i know over 70 people (who never hybrided) that would be extremely pissed

Excuse me bro, I just went off the word from the above poster. Im NOT on 4.41, I run Rogero, and Im not worried or worked up :D , if it were implemented Im confident Rogero would leave me unaffected.

I say "WOW" if they were to have implemented it ;) it would seem a little drastic. Also whenever a OFW gets released this soon after one just got released, and all the change log says really is "improved stability" I raise a eyebrow..

Last edited:
FastAShecK
Excuse me bro, I just went off the word from the above poster. Im NOT on 4.41, I run Rogero, and Im not worried, as if it were implemented Im confident Rogero would leave me unaffected.

I know no big deal. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I just had to go check for myself hahaha. You guys almost gave me a heart attack hahaha

Well that is relief! :D Thanks for posting that Lock2Lock! 👍

I have modded nearly every car in my garage that can't originally race on dirt and snow to where they can by installing the tires using a method I have. I wonder if I still wil be able to race them on dirt and snow after the update?

Sonygamer455
Well that is relief! :D Thanks for posting that Lock2Lock! 👍

I have modded nearly every car in my garage that can't originally race on dirt and snow to where they can by installing the tires using a method I have. I wonder if I still wil be able to race them on dirt and snow after the update?

No problem. Had to make sure haha.

Ummm I do know that after the update you can still install rims and tires through the editor. My buddy that was helping me test the rim swap. He put the rims from the Susuki Swift and Ford Focus rally cars on his FRS for drifting.

Ummm I do know that after the update you can still install rims and tires through the editor. My buddy that was helping me test the rim swap. He put the rims from the Susuki Swift and Ford Focus rally cars on his FRS for drifting.

That would be me :D, i accidentally deleted it :( Ill try to remake it.

Yeah, for real, good looking out. V is usually on point so something must have caused him to get the impression it was no longer possible.

THAT is fricken sweeet

if you need anymore testers Im still runnin 2.11 on 4.40 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lock2Lock

Well you can't install dirt and snow tires directly to your car that can't originally get them, you have to swap the body with one that can then install them and switch the body back to what it had before and then you can race that car on dirt and snow. :)

I wonder if I will still be able race the on dirt or snow after the update. If anyone knows please tell me!

Last edited:
@Lock2Lock

Well you can't install dirt and snow tires directly to your car that can't originally get them, you have to swap the body with one that can then install them and switch the body back to what it had before and then you can race that car on dirt and snow. :)

I wonder if I will sti be able race the on dirt or snow after the update. If anyone knows please tell me!

I found it easier to just select "Enable all Tires". This will give your current car dirt and snow tires, and in my opinion is a massive time saver rather then firing up the game 3 separate times just to get offroading tires for a car that can't have them.

TheKitten
That would be me :D, i accidentally deleted it :( Ill try to remake it.
Hahahaha yep. And also go look at your PMs in a second
FastAShecK
Yeah, for real, good looking out. V is usually on point so something must have caused him to get the impression it was no longer possible.
Yeah he is. It's all good though. I mean people make mistakes. I just had to go look for myself. Like i said i was drunk but not that drunk haha
FastAShecK
THAT is fricken sweeet

if you need anymore testers Im still runnin 2.11 on 4.40 :D
Actually I updated. But i still use the editor for random things. Also been testing a few things after the update. I was just waiting for this morning's maintenance period to pass so i could go deeper with the testing.
Sonygamer455

I wonder if I will sti be able race the on dirt or snow after the update. If anyone knows please tell me!

If i find out anything I'll let you know.

Never did that before though. I'll give it a try.

ZDUPH
I found it easier to just select "Enable all Tires". This will give your current car dirt and snow tires, and in my opinion is a massive time saver rather then firing up the game 3 separate times just to get offroading tires for a car that can't have them.

Actually yeah you are correct. That is way easier. Hahahaha almost forgot about that editor. Thumbs up

Yeah the enable all tires in Garage editor will let you use any tire you want.

I also just checked out a PC Based app that lets me reassign save games, apply the save game lock (remove ability to copy a save game) or disable it. Im not sure but I think SOME PS3 save games MAY not be transferable to a USB.

If they need beta testers for the rim swaps, or somebody to hack around with it, jut shoot me a PM :D

Meh, everytime I select enable all tires, it don't matter what car I have, it WON'T let me race on dirt or snow. :indiff:

Hmm maybe I just was in a car that could already go on dirt. I never directly tested it on a car I was blocked from dirt racing with.

Your trick is a cleaver way around it

FastAShecK
Yeah the enable all tires in Garage editor will let you use any tire you want.

I also just checked out a PC Based app that lets me reassign save games, apply the save game lock (remove ability to copy a save game) or disable it. Im not sure but I think SOME PS3 save games MAY not be transferable to a USB, but Im not positive.

If they need beta testers for the rim swaps, or somebody to hack around with it, jut shoot me a PM :D
Yeah some do. Like BF3. All the save data is for that game is basically a server login. The save data us actually on their servers.
There are a few games like that
Sonygamer455
Meh, everytime I select enable all tires, it don't matter what car I have, it WON'T let me race on dirt or snow. :indiff:

Hummmm well i will try to see if i can get it to work. I'll let you know.

Back