Do not upgrade to 2.12

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 295 comments
I don't venture into the Gran Turismo forums very much, so sorry if this has been recently asked somewhere, but I have a question that no one seems to have the answer to. What happens when you try to mod a car after you do an update? Does it just do what 2.12 did to the already hacked cars? Or will they be hacked until PD releases another update?

Sonygamer455
Any news on the dirt and snow tires and being able to drive cars that are not normally allowed on dirt and snow?

Got busy yesterday never got a chance to do it. Ummm I'll try today.

Sonygamer455
Okey sounds good! 👍 Have you modded the cars using both methods were they can race on dirt yet and snow yet?

Never done it before but I can pretty much guess on how to do it. I'll give it a try today if I am not busy.

Never done it before but I can pretty much guess on how to do it. I'll give it a try today if I am not busy.
Okey I just want to clarify this, but when you do try to mod these cars to race on dirt and snow tires, do my method on one car that can't normally race on dirt and snow and the "Enable all tires" method on another car that can't normally race on dirt or snow. Make sure both can race on dirt and snow before updating! Let me know what happens when you update it. ;)

If you need a refresher on my method, just post a vistor message on my profile. ;)

So I updated.. then decided to try to go back... deleted game data and save data.. re updated to #21/22 ..reloaded a previous save from usb.. tried to let the game data install go through and it froze with 26 seconds left..so i cancelled it.. game loads but cars are invisible in garage and game is prone to freezing up..and when I have gotten to a track in practice mode it stays loading with the little clock.. any ideas?

So I updated.. then decided to try to go back... deleted game data and save data.. re updated to #21/22 ..reloaded a previous save from usb.. tried to let the game data install go through and it froze with 26 seconds left..so i cancelled it.. game loads but cars are invisible in garage and game is prone to freezing up..and when I have gotten to a track in practice mode it stays loading with the little clock.. any ideas?

are you positive the previous save was from 2.11?

Delete/reinstal game dat again

Yep.. last save before update.. will I have to retry the game data .. (referring to the one that is prompted by loading the disk)

Yep.. last save before update.. will I have to retry the game data .. (referring to the one that is prompted by loading the disk)

Make sure you clean everything before you try again (Delete ALL GT5 data on your HDD), and dont' have your save game on the HDD, let it generate the day one save game, then once all is installed copy over your back up.

I can't see why you guys are whining. You were breaking Sony & GT5 ToS so PD was being extremely nice by patching out the hacked cars instead of having everyone of your PS3's bricked.

Spoil-t
I can't see why you guys are whining. You were breaking Sony & GT5 ToS so PD was being extremely nice by patching out the hacked cars instead of having everyone banned from online features of the game.

Fixed. They cannot brick your system. Not even Sony can do that.

Yes they can. Brick = ID Ban meaning your PS3 loses online function. Hacking anything is suppose to be instant ID Ban. People don't understand that owning the system & game doesn't give them the right to do whatever they wish with it.

Spoil-t
Yes they can. Brick = ID Ban meaning your PS3 loses online function. Hacking anything is suppose to be instant ID Ban. People don't understand that owning the system & game doesn't give them the right to do whatever they wish with it.

Well some people need to use the word "brick" correctly.

Brick in many people's eyes means the device does not work anymore.

That's what I thought he meant. Which Sony/PD cannot do.

However you are very correct. They can ban your system from accessing online features. If you paid attention to what I did when I quoted him you would know i already knew that

We have been over this many times in fact. You can do whatever you want with your system offline. Only time when the TOS affect you offline is when you sell/distribute software/hardware

I can't see why you guys are whining. You were breaking Sony & GT5 ToS so PD was being extremely nice by patching out the hacked cars instead of having everyone of your PS3's bricked.

Looking forward to these unnecessary attacks coming to and end soon. Lots of other folks have had the same thoughts, but only a few have expressed that view without scorn.

The gifting system in GT5 makes this a little tricky as well. They can't just go in with the big hammer and ban any ID that has a hybrid...what if I had borrowed a car or received a car and I don't know it's a hybrid?

For me, I am torn in regards to what I believe people should and should not be allowed to do with PD's intellectual property. I think about analogies with paintings and prints of those paintings, music and copies and covers of that music, and how and where game code sits in comparison. Does PD/Sony have the right to enforce how you play the game? As a musician, I would love to able to enforce tight restrictions on what formats, what systems, and what contexts my music is replayed in, but I cannot do that.

In principle, and as someone who has works in the public domain, I think that the developers are justifiably unhappy with the outrageous and completely unrealistic mutations that have surfaced. Realistic engine swapping and such...? That for me is probably a different story.

It's difficult, and I'm not sure how grey it all is legally, but in my mind it is still mightily grey.

It is illegal. Legal action and being illegal are different.

By illegal, I mean that you're not allowed to break certain things in the agreement and doing so will cause certain consequences.

And it may not be the right choice, but it's the ONLY choice. Because allowing you to hybrid cars across different manufacturers COULD end up in those manufacturers taking legal action, as in suing PD and Sony for all they've got.

To ensure this doesn't happen, PD set up an agreement. You agree to it. And if you break the agreement, they can do a hell of a lot to punish you. It isn't PD's fault. It's your fault for agreeing to something that you decided to break.
[/b][/color]

By 'illegal', you mean a legislative body has weighed in on this? Right.

For me, I am torn in regards to what I believe people should and should not be allowed to do with PD's intellectual property. I think about analogies with paintings and prints of those paintings, music and copies and covers of that music, and how and where game code sits in comparison. Does PD/Sony have the right to enforce how you play the game? As a musician, I would love to able to enforce tight restrictions on what formats, what systems, and what contexts my music is replayed in, but I cannot do that.

In principle, and as someone who has works in the public domain, I think that the developers are justifiably unhappy with the outrageous and completely unrealistic mutations that have surfaced. Realistic engine swapping and such...? That for me is probably a different story.

It's difficult, and I'm not sure how grey it all is legally, but in my mind it is still mightily grey.
That's a very good analogy and position. And, just as not all musicians are as protective of their work as you are, not all programmers are uptight about what happens to theirs.Once again, we're talking about the domination of our culture by multi-national corporations.

Invisible on the rotating garage view.. Has frozen from here as well

I had to do a fresh install myself last night. I had the game running while a power failure hit and it fubarred my file system.

I did a initial update to 2.11 just canceling the download of the last update. Then the game did its install thing. Once done, it generated the Day 1 Save. Instead of buying a car, I exited the game, then copied my Backed up Save Game overwriting the Day 1 Save and loaded up. Installed DLC the next move was into my garage and generated the Thumbnails for all cars.

Done, its all as it was before.

I suggest clean install, and allow the game to generate a day 1 save. Since you had weird problems, I would scope the Day 1 save first thing just to see if the problem is still there. If after you copy your save game over it become glitch, then it could mean the problem is with the save game back up.

Last edited:
Looking forward to these unnecessary attacks coming to and end soon. Lots of other folks have had the same thoughts, but only a few have expressed that view without scorn.
It wasn't an attack. I was stating a fact. Quite frankly I'm surprised the mod staff here even allows GT5 hybrid discussion let alone trade here since this site is so butt clenched about "legal" ToS etc stuff.
The gifting system in GT5 makes this a little tricky as well. They can't just go in with the big hammer and ban any ID that has a hybrid...what if I had borrowed a car or received a car and I don't know it's a hybrid?
Which is why they just patched it out. If they didn't care they could of just ban hammer everyone that even looked at a hacked car.

Instead of buying a car, I exited the game, then copied my Backed up Save Game overwriting the Day 1 Save and loaded up. Installed DLC the next move was into my garage and generated the Thumbnails for all cars.

You installed DLC content from the DLC install menu? On 2.11? Being offline? :odd:

It wasn't an attack. I was stating a fact. Quite frankly I'm surprised the mod staff here even allows GT5 hybrid discussion let alone trade here since this site is so butt clenched about "legal" ToS etc stuff.

Which is why they just patched it out. If they didn't care they could of just ban hammer everyone that even looked at a hacked car.

Hybrids can't bother you online any more, simples!

And this is coming from a guy who surrendered to 2.12, BTW.

Latest Posts

Back