Do you believe in God?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 24,085 comments

Do you believe in god?

• Of course, without him nothing would exist!

Votes: 616 30.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 368 18.2%
  • No way!

Votes: 1,035 51.3%

• Total voters
Hahaha, world wide web of gadgets huh? I think I'll be using that instead of IoT for now on!
That said, I dont agree it's the antichrist, I do believe social media is having severe negative effect on children though, especially the 10-14 age group and perhaps kids shouldnt be getting access to smartphones so soon. But that's hardly "The Devil!"

A great answer from Stephen Fry:

There seems to be this inextricable link between Christianity and suffering....

Joseph being sold into slavery by his brothers, Job losing everything, most of the apostles dying as martyrs. And yes, even Christ himself didn't have such a nice life. Are these tests by God? I too wonder how a world created by a God can have bone cancer in children but think we'll never have an answer good enough for such questions.

There seems to be this inextricable link between Christianity and suffering....

Joseph being sold into slavery by his brothers, Job losing everything, most of the apostles dying as martyrs. And yes, even Christ himself didn't have such a nice life. Are these tests by God? I too wonder how a world created by a God can have bone cancer in children but think we'll never have an answer good enough for such questions.

I have an answer... the word wasn't created by God.

I have an answer... the word wasn't created by God.
Definitely not.
Terry-Christian-presentin-006.jpg

It was rubbish.

Go on @bjl23, tell us more?
Just so you know I don't believe in god and all that stuff.

THIS IS JUST A WHAT IF

So everyone starts off in heaven/a higher place, and when you do something wrong there you get sentenced to live on earth where nothing gets done for you. (like in heaven).

And the reason why people live different lengths of life on earth is due to there sentence,
IE, a person who dies at the age of 90 on earth did something really bad.

So it's like a prison, there was animals that would eat you (dinosaurs) you had to go to work to make money and nothing gets done for you in the higher place.

More to come tomorrow, it's bedtime soon.

Last edited:
And the reason why people live different lengths of life on earth is due to there sentence,
IE, a person who dies at the age of 90 did something really bad.

If time on earth correlates to sentence, why would someone who hasn't done something terribly bad be sent to earth as a baby with horrific bone cancer or a hole in the heart for their 3 month, or even 3 day, sentence?

Why would those with a longer sentence for a heinous crime be given the chance to build a more comfortable life down on earth?

there was animals that would eat you (dinosaurs)
There's quite some considerable gap between the last dinosaurs and the first humans - even more depending on what you consider a human to be...

... which also begs the question of why the Earth has only been used as a prison for heaven for the last (as an upper limit) 300,000 years. Or were the residents of heaven sent back to live as lemurs and shrews?

There's quite some considerable gap between the last dinosaurs and the first humans - even more depending on what you consider a human to be

Even to other dinosaurs; triceratopses and T-rexes are closer in time to humans than they ever were to the diplodocus and brachiosaur.

The idea of Earth as a prison for tortured human souls is an evocative one. Humans, blessed (or cursed) with consciousness and emotions, are uniquely fixed to experience a range of powerful feelings, ranging from ecstasy, love and adoration to pain, fear and paranoia. But is it fair, or is it sick, to speculate that such an arrangement vicariously benefits a discarnate alien creator entity? :ill:

As hypotheses go I have the feeling that the reincarnation cycle of Buddhism has this one more thoroughly covered.

Just so you know I don't believe in god and all that stuff.

So everyone starts off in heaven/a higher place, and when you do something wrong there you get sentenced to live on earth where nothing gets done for you. (like in heaven).

IE, a person who dies at the age of 90 on earth did something really bad.

So it's like a prison, there was animals that would eat you (dinosaurs) you had to go to work to make money and nothing gets done for you in the higher place.

More to come tomorrow, it's bedtime soon.

What about the people that kill themselves? Isn't that escaping prison? Where do they go to?

If time on earth correlates to sentence, why would someone who hasn't done something terribly bad be sent to earth as a baby with horrific bone cancer or a hole in the heart for their 3 month, or even 3 day, sentence?

Why would those with a longer sentence for a heinous crime be given the chance to build a more comfortable life down on earth?
As far as the baby thing that could be more to do with the punishment to the parents, they have suffer through that time.

And for the baby maybe they where being a smart ass when they got sentenced, like when people get cancer. They are sentenced to 70 years prison but the last 10 years of that you have to suffer from cancer.

The people who have a smaller sentence get to go back to the place where there is no cancer, disease or people who want to stab you with a knife and steal your wallet and phone, so the longer your here the more you have to put up with things like that.

There's quite some considerable gap between the last dinosaurs and the first humans - even more depending on what you consider a human to be...

... which also begs the question of why the Earth has only been used as a prison for heaven for the last (as an upper limit) 300,000 years. Or were the residents of heaven sent back to live as lemurs and shrews?
Before earth was used as a prison people who did wrong went straight to hell, the whole prison on earth started by giving people a 2nd chance.

What about the people that kill themselves? Isn't that escaping prison? Where do they go to?
People who kill them self's might have mental demons in there head and that could part of the sentence.
You are sentenced to 40 years but going to live life in prison with mental issues.

PEOPLE AT WORK ASKED ME THESE QUESTIONS:

if earth was prison why are there different religions?

Answer:
the different religions where formed by only some of the things different people can remember about "heaven"
Some peoples heaven had virgins.

Where does god fit into all this?

Answer
: when we do something bad on earth we go to court to face a judge but in heaven the 'judge's' a called 'god's" that's why there are so many different versions of god.
The judge/god who sentenced some people to earth had 8 arms another god had a big grey beard and wore a white coat etc.
There are many gods/judges.

That beings me to ANGELS, angels are what the jury members are called up there.

People who kill them self's might have mental demons in there head and that could part of the sentence.
You are sentenced to 40 years but going to live life in prison with mental issues.

hmmm...

What's your role in the story?

Before earth was used as a prison people who did wrong went straight to hell,
I didn't ask about what happened before it was a prison. I asked about what happened before there were people:

I didn't ask about what happened before it was a prison. I asked about what happened before there were people:
On earth or in heaven?

So what are abortions and miscarriages? :odd:
That's when a trail gets adjourned. The soul hasn't passed though yet

@zzz_pt, author

Just so everyone knows I don't think this is real it's just a 'WHAT IF'

Last edited:
On earth or in heaven
On earth. The planet was around long before there were people. What was it being used for then? If it's a prison then why weren't there people already here from the get go?

Another thing I don't understand about this theory is that if we're all in jail how come none of us can remember why we've been sent down? Where's the good in punishing amnesiacs?

On earth. The planet was around long before there were people. What was it being used for then? If it's a prison then why weren't there people already here from the get go?

Another thing I don't understand about this theory is that if we're all in jail how come none of us can remember why we've been sent down? Where's the good in punishing amnesiacs?
You've changed your name @Famine.

I can't answer that question,

But maybe it was a home for all the animals before humans since they were here first.
Like I said before maybe we where send straight to hell before hand and someone up there thought it would a good idea to send us here first.

Maybe once we have served our time and go but up we will know it then. It might be due to our soul is the only thing that get send down.

@bjl23 Do you actually believe this or is it something you yourself have come up with as a potential explanation for the meaning of life on earth?

But maybe it was a home for all the animals before humans since they were here first.
Humans are animals. In the figurative sense, as a means to explain away the horrible things of which human beings are capable, but in the literal sense as well.

@bjl23 Do you actually believe this or is it something you yourself have come up with as a potential explanation for the meaning of life on earth?
I don't believe this is real, like I said in post #21351.
it's a thought I had.
I don't believe in god, Jesus or any religion.

I don't believe this is real, like I said in post #21351.
it's a thought I had.
I don't believe in god, Jesus or any religion.

Then why do you spend time thinking about heaven? If you are free of religion then you should be free of the concept of heaven and hell too as they're the social constructs, the carrot and stick and the whip of religion.

On earth or in heaven?
Yes.

Unless you think people in heaven predate the evolution of people, which would be a very curious and anthropocentric view of both evolution and the afterlife...

Then why do you spend time thinking about heaven? If you are free of religion then you should be free of the concept of heaven and hell too as they're the social constructs, the carrot and stick and the whip of religion.
To much time on my hands maybe.
The movie the matrix started it all, after watching that it got me thinking is there a different reason why we are all here.

@Famine I don't think any of this is real but if it was I guess that would be the case.

Last edited:
Back