Do you believe in God?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 24,085 comments

Do you believe in god?

• Of course, without him nothing would exist!

Votes: 616 30.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 368 18.2%
  • No way!

Votes: 1,035 51.3%

• Total voters
With all the horrible things that go on in the world can you really judge people who do not believe?
I'm on the fence as there are so many possibilities and we're smaller than gut bacteria is to us If we compare ourselves to the cosmos, but If there is a God I want to know why he does nothing when a child is brutally beaten and/or raped and killed, one every x seconds probably dies that way.
That makes me think If there is indeed a God he's either not that good or indifferent to us like we are to insects, which to me would mean that maybe God doesn't understand us entirely.

but If there is a God I want to know why he does nothing when a child is brutally beaten and/or raped and killed, one every x seconds probably dies that way.
"It's all part of God's plan." Or "The lord moves in mysterious ways".

In other words; "How dare you question God or the church's stranglehold over your free will to double guess a deity"

Last edited:
Yes, and i'm using his power to master GT, all the races, Mission challenges, driving school, Circuit Experience, etc. Plus when I get in bad situations I ask for his help/guidance. Miracles can happen, you just have to envision it.

Screenshot_20210824-045002_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
So it seems that at some point I answered with "Of course, without him nothing would exist!"...

I would like to update my answer: "No way!" ;)
Hallelujah! 🙏

Last edited:
Can’t get a rise out of me, but it is sure very funny how I seem to get a rise out of you non believers that elect to gang up with the typical narcissistic type attitude because of one not agreeing with your stance which is clearly not wise… good luck with that… I realize you can’t stand the heat from the opinion of true believers… but y’all non believers should get use to the heat that is coming soon…
"A Christian telling an atheist they are going to hell is as scary as a child telling an adult that they are not getting any presents from Santa." Ricky Gervais.

I'm probably more guilty of digging up old posts than the average person but this is one particular resurrection I personally could do without.

Last edited:
So it seems that at some point I answered with "Of course, without him nothing would exist!"...

I would like to update my answer: "No way!" ;)
I was idly wondering the other day if anyone in this thread has done a complete 180 and why.

I was idly wondering the other day if anyone in this thread has done a complete 180 and why.
Reversals into rationalism I can understand... unbelievers becoming full-on theists would be the "man bites dog" half of this equation, however.

There are no atheists in foxholes, smugly proclaim the religionists. But as philosopher Michel de Montaigne snarkily responded back in the sixteenth century, "What kind of Faith can we expect that should be, that Cowardize [sic] and want of Courage does establish in us? A pleasant Faith, that does not believe what it believes, but for want of Courage to believe it?". Time to turn the temperature on that lake of fire up a notch or two before we lose our prospective audience completely... /s

Last edited:
Someone objected to something I posted in the funny pic thread.

"Really?" is a relative question. What's real here?

As for your video, I think the question raised by the cartoon isn't "how did Mary get pregnant?" since this is all conjecture anyway and we have no means of independent verification. After all, the end result is the same regardless of the physical method of impregnation.

The question is why. Why use a human woman as a host to bear your child when you can speak whole universes into existence? Moreso, one which was already married to someone else? No wonder Joseph is pissed in the cartoon.

Last edited:
Someone objected to something I posted in the funny pic thread.

"Really?" is a relative question. What's real here?

As for your video, I think the question raised by the cartoon isn't "how did Mary get pregnant?" since this is all conjecture anyway and we have no means of independent verification. After all, the end result is the same regardless of the physical method of impregnation.

The question is why. Why use a human woman as a host to bear your child when you can speak whole universes into existence? Moreso, one which was already married to someone else? No wonder Joseph is pissed in the cartoon.

I’m going to guess they won’t read this book then? (Yep, that’s my copy)

7978264A-DBAC-4DBB-A467-0E3DA7BBD5C6.jpeg

Kink Shaming God, does this mean we are all going to hell?
I know this is a joke but is it still kink shaming when it ceases to involve consenting adults as per the scenario above? (Which is also a joke btw.)

I know this is a joke but is it still kink shaming when it ceases to involve consenting adults as per the scenario above? (Which is also a joke btw.)
Of I recall correctly an angel did sort of say to Mary 'gods going to bang you up, we cool?' to which Mary replied 'we cool'.

But he was an authority figure, so I'd agree we seem to have a good degree of coercion going on.

Last edited:
Of I recall correctly an angel did sort of say to Mary 'gods going to bang you up, we cool?' to which Mary replied 'we cool'.

But he was an authority figure, so I'd agree we seem to have a good degree of coercion going on.
Basically Jesus is Hercules. I don't think he usually gets the title of demi-god but it fits*. Smash cut to Jesus singing "I'm just an ordinary demi-guy. Hey it's your day to say you're welcome, 'cause I'm gonna need your love".

* Yes, I know technically Christians don't see Jesus as a demi-god.

Last edited:

I know about Mary. It's Joseph I'm referring to. He's part of the relationship. Shouldn't he get a say too? :confused:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back