Do you like the new GTP layout?

Do you like the new GTP layout?

• Yes

Votes: 76 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 30.5%
  • I have no strong feelings. One way or the other.

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
It's a mixed bag, as site updates often are, so not going to cast an absolute vote with this one. :dopey:

Right now, my main pet peeve is just that the miniature avatar that shows which threads I've posted in is relocated to a spot where it's tough to see. Having it in an easily detectable location in the empty space was more convenient.

I'm not used to it yet. I felt the same way about the last iteration but I'm sure it will grow on me.

It's a great improvement. The basic framework is still there and the flat sharp edges tidy it all up.

I'm not used to it yet but give it time, personally I like things slightly more decorative but I can totally understand people wanting a super clean layout.

Not over keen but hey oh I guess it is what it is. Everything looks very large on chrome.

Why don,t we have options like many other sites to choose how it looks? The one we used to have before the upgraded new look. The new look and more options for customising it to our liking.
Plus its not all about people who use mobile device of some sort or another, Some of us still use a PC. And it looks ugly. But that might also have something to do with google chrome and there DPI crap. But think its more to do with the new look.
Anyway rant over better shut up before the high all mighty jump on me.

Chose No for the sake of saying No. I'm okay with it. :P

Cool feat: Edit your post. You'll see a second post be made, one with the old, and one with the new changes. You can continually do this to see more duplicate posts. Refresh page and you'll get back to one post.

Looks more like a standard vBulletin board now and also more modern, so everything's fine to me.
Forums never look "good" and the frontpage overhaul looks much more up-to-date than before.

I like it quite a bit. The constant top bar navigation has kept throwing me off, but that will eventually change.

The poll is missing one option though:

idontcar2.jpg

On mobile it feels very cramped, HTC One here, probably fine on a tablet though.

Will cast my vote tonight once I've seen it on PC.

EDIT* Just disabled sticky-header and enabled wide-screen on mobile, bit less claustrophobic now.

Last edited:
So no gesture or mind control features yet! Nor is it ZX Spectrum responsive! Disappointed. Would not recommend.

:P

On mobile, the site looks great, however, I don't like how the signatures are disabled.
On desktop it looks great, and I love what's been done to the news section.

Where do I begin.

I'm... really not a fan of the bright red accents?

Other than that I'd say this has been a lot easier to get used to than the change from GTP11 to 13. Much less of a challenge to select and copy text on mobile, which was always a bit of PITA when working on Cool Wall stuff miles from home. Also nice to see the additional location info below the avatar (often cut off at the end due to the lack of room) make way for the old post counter. 👍

I like it, but there is one thing I dislike. The hot topics are not anymore in the "right space" :nervous:
I really liked the list of hot topics in the right column, now we have to scroll down to find it. :crazy:

But on mobile devices it's a lot better :gtpflag: , although it takes more time to load all the pictures (I believe).

Latest Posts

Back