• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 324 comments

Do you still support PD?

• Total voters

Ameer67

Premium
United States
Chicago
A year of many ups and downs for GT6 has gone by. Some people are amused, while others, disappointed. So, do you still support Polyphony Digital?

1/1/2015 - 1/30/2015 Results
upload_2015-1-30_23-3-55-png.301322

Last edited:
...............Sometimes - I can't get behind them when they are pushing MTs, but free DLCs are pretty good incentive to not completely give up on them. :D

..........Sure they stumbled with GT5 and GT6 but I'm pragmatic soooooooooo let's hope next GT game is a lot closer to satisfying us the fans.

A year of many ups and downs for GT6 has gone by. Some people are amused, while others, disappointed. So, do you still support Polyphony Digital?

A year? Did you miss GT5?!?!

4 years and counting...and that's not including the delays for GT5 and the issues with Prologue. Could easily round it up to 6 or 7...

I support them for bringing over a century of automobiles into a game. I support them for giving us the opportunity to drive these vehicles on real life tracks, and having the creativity and know-how to make proper fantasy tracks.

I don't support them for withholding features, making false claims, inflating the car list to sell copies of the game, poor simulation, graphical glitches, improving the AI to the point where it's only mediocre, failing to implement a proper damage model, absurd crash physics, poor aerodynamics model, laughably inaccurate tuning, not simulating performance parts properly, bad menu design after 20+ years in the industry (though it has improved), and lack of communication with the fans.

...............Sometimes - I can't get behind them when they are pushing MTs, but free DLCs are pretty good incentive to not completely give up on them. :D

..........Sure they stumbled with GT5 and GT6 but I'm pragmatic soooooooooo let's hope next GT game is a lot closer to satisfying us the fans.
It really annoys me when people say this. They're not DLC, they are the actual game features we should have had when the game was first released. It shouldn't be celebrated we're getting them, we should be satisfied the game is complete (which it isn't)

It really annoys me when people say this. They're not DLC, they are the actual game features we should have had when the game was first released. It shouldn't be celebrated we're getting them, we should be satisfied the game is complete (which it isn't)

.....................Hmm you seem to think I meant updates. What I meant is VGT cars; Senna content; Sierra stuff. Oh and to be clear, I ain't celebrating anything - I may be pragmatic, but I'm also realistic. Hence "sometimes".

Yes, but pretty much only because they make the only good racing games on the PS3 that's close to sim racing. There's Project Cars coming, but that always seems to get delayed, and it seems to be nothing special.

I'm losing my faith in PD, and it hasn't just been recently. Sure it was great when GT6 was launched, but after a while it felt like an improved GT5. The thing with PD is that they promise too much and don't deliver. They also need an overhaul on one of the biggest parts of the game, the physics. While they are greatly improved over GT5, they still don't come anywhere near Assetto Corsa. In Assetto Corsa, there is a clear difference between each car; whereas in GT6, most cars of the same drive train feel very similar in handling. Sounds are another issue, but that topic has been discussed so much already there really isn't much I could add, though I would hope that PD looks into FMOD for the next GT.

Graphics and amount of content are really the only place the GT shines anymore. Considering the limitations of the PS3's hardware, GT6 looks very good; and the frame rate drops that a lot of people have definitely show that PD is pushing the PS3 as hard as possible. Content wise, GT6 is pretty much unrivaled in amount of cars/tracks; though when it comes to new cars, they are always a few years late.

I really only get on GT6 now to keep up my bonus, and complete the seasonal events. I race in a league and run my own series under that leagues banner, but have increasingly become less interested in participating in both.

I for one think they can still save it, I'll save my judgement for the GT7 hype and eventual release. So far GT6 is one of my favorites, if not my favorite GT title. Sure it has its ups and downs, but the evolution I'm seeing right now is pleasing, even if it's not as fast as some have expected.

@DirtyNurbKing58 I think you're confusing additional content with "Promised Features", there has indeed been DLC for GT6, which has consisted of machine and track content that was not available on the initial release and released as part of a download.

Last edited:
I still think that GT6 is good value for money. Simply because I didnt need to buy new hardware for the game (console and wheel). With any future GT that will be no longer the same.

So I am gone back to PC-racing and looking forward for Project Cars and Asseto Corsa.

I voted neutral because I don't support some of their actions but I support some others. And I'll wait and see is GT7 will be a big change but I'm definitely not supporting their desire to keep standards in the next game that's just rediculous and the game is going to be brand new but SO outdated in a way with all these poorly modeled cars that are just a little bit "polished" in some ways I'm still failling to see.

But I'm still hoping that GT6 still have major improvements coming this year, I also hope I'm not wrong. haha

To be specific:
Good solid game, always have loved the franchise, has promise, looks great, but the sounds need HELP. Otherwise great physics, and the game is second place only to Project CARS (March 2015) in the racing franchise world. And PCARS is a sim that can be changed from arcade - sim-cade - simulation by changing the settings (which is what they've said so who knows).
but...
PD needs to have better communications, to STOP WITH THE MONEY DLC, stop hiding things, explanations, STOP BREAKING THINGS THAT ARE FINE and just make more sense. Do I have faith in them? No. Do I think they're terrible? No. I think they got something in the drinking water.

Last edited:
Yes, it's not like PD and Kaz don't care I'm sure they do it's just what they want to achieve is difficult and complicated. Also yes GT6 and 5 did disappoint a lot of people but it's not like they can't improve right? At least we aren't like GTA were online is all micro transactions and longer delays such as heists :grumpy:.

This thread is a perfect microcosm of GTPlanet at the moment. If you look, vastly more people have voted that they're going to continue supporting PD in the future, but if you scroll down and read the comments, at least 70% of them are people saying that they're not going to. That shows that people like me who actually still like and trust PD are afraid of expressing their own opinions because they're afraid of being bullied and picked apart. It's ridiculous. I'm on the verge of asking the mods to ban me for a couple of weeks just so I'm not tempted to come back to this cesspit of negativity everyday.

As for whether or not I still fully support PD, of course I do. This series changed my life for the better in multiple ways and I'm not turning my back on it no matter what.

Last edited:
Neutral mostly because I haven't been on psn for exactly 1 year or since the initial gt6 update. But it still gets played especially by the wife while I'm still currently going through grid autostart and planning on getting a pc and not really sure about getting a ps4 anytime soon, I've bought gt since the first copy and I plan to continue to buy and play each gt here after.
Next time I'll wait and see if they can convince me to buy the ps4, last time I just automatically bought a ps3 on release with the intention of playing gt5 and by that time the old 80gig was toast.
I mostly enjoy all the drama and hype that surrounds the series, my favorite is the pressure on pd to turn their reputation around

Most people already know my feelings towards the incompetence of PD, so it would come as no surprise if i say no, not since i saw what happened with GT5 and all the BS they have been feeding their fans in the last 5 years since, whilst other developers on much smaller budgets do get it right with their racing games.

No.

After their brushing off of the Kaz Q&A section, their endlessly vague answers which is honestly ridiculous and the fact they do not listen to the fan base or communicate regularly with us, I've lost all respect for Kaz and PD.

To win back the fans they'll have to do some big things;
- Admit their mistakes
- Start exploring/adding cars from outside of Japan
- Deliver B-Spec & Course Maker (It's finally starting to bug me that it isn't in the game yet)
- Communicate with the fan base
- Listen to the fan base, extensively

Just by doing this, they can go a long way to winning back fans and earning back lost respect. Not a demand list, just a way to improve the company.

Don't get me wrong, GT6 is a great game but PD needs to improve, greatly.

2nd to last option for me, I did, at one time support them (mainly during GT4). But I - like others - picked up on signals that they weren't listening to the fanbase that made them what they became, and discovered other developers that did and thrived from it.

So no, I no longer support PD. They had plenty of time to handle issues - but did not. GT6 is mere filler until I can financially afford to move-on to P.CARS & the 'next-gen' of gaming.

Latest Posts

Back