Do you still support PD?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 324 comments

Do you still support PD?

• Total voters
I will not by buying anything with the PD or Gran Turismo brand ever again. I also did not renew my PS+ sub and I won't be buying a PS4. If PD won't listen to their customers then I'll put the squeeze on their employer/enabler.

to me the xbox and ps4 are fun little toys that really dont amount to that much importance in the world

i didnt expect much from GT6 coming from GT5 and what i got was largely what i expected, the Vision GT stuff is not really essential to the GT6 experience but its fun to download and see whats what

i bought a ps4 for $400 and i expect to buy GT7... so i'm out $450 or so, big deal

if you want to see outrageous, check out what Turn 10 did to Forza 5...

I don't support them anymore. Who said PD are old school? Dan Greenawalt? I really f. hate the guy....but he's right.

Dan Greenawalt? I really f. hate the guy....but he's right.

I liked that Turn 10 representatives were somewhat active on the forums, when they hired John Schommer (johniwanna) and Ian Webster (Helios, used to work at Codemasters) the level of community interaction increased exponentially. Forza Motorsport 4 had some niggling issues since launch that never got changed but the T10 staff were still around to have fun with players, join the odd lobby and give away a bunch of free cars. Dan was never really active on the forums and you'd usually only see him when he was talking to the press but the others did a good job at keeping players interested in the game.

I don't see that level of interaction with GT6, at least not here in the West, but that's understandable since the majority of development is done in Japan. Still, at least players have big events like GTAcademy to look forward to.

I'm generally satisfied with the game that Polyphony have produced, and am impressed with their efforts to constantly update the game with new cars, tracks and events (all for free too, some of that content could have easily been paid DLC).
Are there some things I would like to see changed, fixed or added? Sure, but even if PD don't get around to those I'm still happy with the updates that they are providing; it's a nice surprise to get something new every few weeks.

Last edited:
Yes, fully support them. Interesting to see how the poll is shaping up. Also I'd just like to point out, it seems that PD have got more support than ever from the real world. Manufacturers in vgt, FIA partnership, goodwood, pikes peak and of course Nissan and gtacademy. Probably lots more I've forgotten.

My feeling is that, a bit like Project CARS is 'by racers, for racers', GT feels like 'by Kaz and his gang, for Kaz and his gang'.

I might be wrong, but until very recently, it looked like PD remained a small team, working with a structure like 15 years ago. But games now demand bigger teams and a better organised system. The 'one dev for one car equals 6 months' thing is a great example of that. A PS1 or PS2 car model could be handled by one person, but the level of detail since GT5 means that a team rather than a person should be given a model to integrate.

Add to that equation the issue of multiple ideas flying around but never completed (I'd be really surprised if they manage to make a GPS based track creator) and the game, while being a great base, becomes all wonky because of unfinished and unpolished features. Some of them are so unfinished that they're not even releasable.

This is why I think GT is by Kaz, for Kaz. Because PD's priorities are not the same as the players'. Who thought we'd more excited by the Motec integration than getting rid of the rabbit chases, for example. Another thing: GT5 and GT6 are probably suffering from a will by Kaz to make the cars too detailed for the platform, resulting in a number of other features not working properly or broken because of a lack of resources left.

So, yes, GT6 has some unique features (VGTs, Motec integration, the Moon!...). But while they are niceties, are they what the majority of players want in a game? GT are driving games, that they do quite nicely. But they should have been racing games as well. This is where Project CARS could hurt the GT franchise, if it does what it claims to.

What happened with the sounds updates, evidently related to the recent recruitments, indicates that maybe, maybe! PD are changing the way they work and GT7 won't be a pile of nonsense and broken promises. This time round, though, I'm a lot more sceptical than hopeful. Fool me once... hang on... yeah, they fooled me twice already!

Hell yeah - GT7 will be amazing.

The other day I did 3 hours of quick matches - great time was had. I tried other stuff - Forza, Assetto Corsa but Gran Turismo is "my game" - it just feels the best to me, feels "home". :)

You try to squizze a racing game in two pools of 256mb of RAM operating at different frequencies.

I know it's old "excuse" but PS3 memory constraints are extreme. Even some of the stuff that you believe is not related to memory actually IS and can't be added/adjusted.

When you have 0 RAM left - that's it, you're done.

It boils down to positive and negative assumptions.

You can assume that PD and Kaz are lazy/crazy or you can assume that they can't do much more with because of PS3.

I'm 70% positive and 30% skeptical. Q&A ? Things didn't worked out - that's all there is to it for me.

That would be yes - get me a ticket near the window please :D

No and I will never buy another GT game. GT6 has been out for over a year. You can only adjust three things that have to do with the FFb, most of the real world tracks are wrong if you go play a game that laser scanned the circuit or did a better job replicating it, the updates are few and far between and the content is get worse and worse. VGT cars are fine, but they fictitious and I'd like plenty of other things, before these VGT cars. We've been given the lotus, TS030, a couple M4s, VGTs, a track, camber and toe are broken, the tuning is limited as hell and you can only see how much a tire heats up as a whole, there are loads of physics exploits, far too much grip that yields ridiculous apex speeds, etc., etc., etc.

PD has gotten really good at making promises and then not following through with them. I feel bad for people who are going to be tricked twice, thinking GT7 is going to be promising and a decent title. GT6 has a good physics engine and it is fun, because there are loads of grip and it is forgiving. I don't see why the story will be any different with GT7 and I'm not going to pay to find out lol. I honestly don't know how they are funding it. GT6 sells for 40USD and no one buys it here in the US at this point. It's been out for a year. 99% of the people who bought it, bought it long ago. Eventually you run out of funds and the further you get away from when they were given to you, the closer you're getting to having none. Which sounds obvious, but people forget that companies like this do not have gobs of money from a parent company or by pumping out other titles.

I want the Red Bull cars gone because it's fantasise or Red Bull should build a real one that works or PD should put them on tracks by themselves.

Despite GT6 stopping at v1.13 for me I will buy GT7 - and then realise I need to buy something to play it on.
At least by trusty 12 inch Black and White Viewsonic isn't obsolete.
(Red cars always go faster in Black and White... just look at Ascari compared to Alonso.)

I'm optimistic. PD have achieved what the set out do to. Push the PS3 to the limit of its capability. Now, with the PS4, they are ambitious to offer the "best Gran Turismo game yet". I'm probably over-hyping for GT7, but I'm prepared to face the consequences if it isn't up to standard.

That's what they set out to do? Not deliver on a game and push hardware to it's limits in the process for reasons that are not good enough.

That's what they set out to do? Not deliver on a game and push hardware to it's limits in the process for reasons that are not good enough.

16 high detailed cars on one track with dynamic time of day and weather at 1080P 60FPS and supporting impressive physics is enough to keep me satisfied. Even if it's nothing but the shell. It's a good foundation to develop GT7 from.

16 high detailed cars on one track with dynamic time of day and weather at 1080P 60FPS and supporting impressive physics is enough to keep me satisfied. Even if it's nothing but the shell. It's a good foundation to develop GT7 from.
All of that is irrelevant when it plays better in 720p (so no, they didn't accomplish 1080p 60fps well enough. Did they do it? Sure. Should they have? No. They should take a note out of Rockstars book. The weather is screwed up. You're faster in the first 10% of water on the surface, than you are in the dry sun. High detailed? What? ...No. I think we have too different opinions of highly detailed. The body panels are highly detailed on SOME cars and the rest of the car looks like junk. Like the brakes, wheels, rotors, tail lights, etc. No one cares about dynamic times of day and such, when you can't get the game itself right. The physics are mediocre compared to anything with decent physics. The physics are broken as far I am concerned, given that the game is chalk full of physics exploits lol wuuuut.

NO! Why should I support a company that likes to break promises and not care about what the fans want? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Not sure what will take PD to get me to buy GT7. Since I like to create stuff, it's highly unlikely they'll catch my interest at all for GT7.

Despite of broken promises and some problems to resolve for GT6, I fully support PD. First reason is that PD is an great company in my opinion and it was my first company game that I've played Playstation 2; Second reason: I enjoy a lot of playing GT videos, especially GT3 and GT4 which bring many memories; and 3rd reason: I believe that PD can still reminescence from the past years... And I believe also that they will make an GT a better game than it is now. So, for these 3 reasons, I have voted on 1st option "Fully Support them".

If I wouldn't play GT, it wouldn't bother to me very much. But I love GT. GT is an great game in my opinion.

In my opinion GT6 is, in nearly every aspect, a case of "nearly, but not quite". I'll buy that it was limited by the PS3's capabilities, and at the same time I'd accept that it was perhaps slightly foolish of PD to pursue the technical details that they did in spite of this - but we don't exactly know where the borders lay of technical limitation and resource limitation. I think it's fair to say that many people don't understand the difference between expectation and approximation, and simulation, and since GT is currently on difficult ground trying to integrate more physics into an already overly stretched system, peoples tolerance has worn thin. I would admit to being a little disappointed in 6, but it's not enough to really bother me, I still enjoy the game, and I still play it.... even though it's not quite the game it could be. I'll still support PD based on GT6, because I can't help but think after 5, they started re-building from scratch, and the GT6 is the foundation for GT7 - in that respect, I don't think they have much more to do in order for 7 to deliver what a GT game should. I'll come back to that point at the end, but I'd also say I've never rationalised all the behind the scenes decisions that were the cause and/or effect of releasing GT6 for the PS3 only as it was about to become obselete...

Perhaps I'm easily pleased. It's clear that different people want different things, some want a motorsports simulator, some want an undefined directionless mish-mash of options so they can tailor the game experience for themselves, some just want specific features, to be included. That's all fine, people can want what they want, to me, this is what GT is about:

This... bought to games consoles for everyone to enjoy. And really, I don't ask or expect it to be much different, if I wanted a game to simulate racing leagues, or even give me the chance to compete in one, I know there are probably better options, if I want licensed series, there are other games for that, more in depth physics and all that stuff can be had with the PC titles... for those that do want to take it that seriously. Obviously the more stuff that PD bring in, the more people are likely to be happy with the game, and there are things I'm sure I would enjoy too... but this brings me to one of the things I find so irritating about GTP at the moment. Entitlement. Why do people think it is wrong for Kaz to lead PD to create his vision? The best books, films, albums, paintings etc. are all the product of a person or teams goal to produce something great, to follow through on a great idea, to bring their vision to fruition. If Kaz leads PD to create his vision, and no-one likes it, it's his loss, I'm pretty sure not one single person here had their arm-twisted to buy the game.

So, yes, I will continue to support PD by buying their GT games (and a TT2 if it ever turned up!), and I will probably buy GT7 regardless - simply because I don't want any gaps in my collection. However, I will admit, if 7 suffers the same problems as 6, and is just another "almost" game, I may decide to draw a line there. Most likely I'll be dead by the time 8 turns up, or quite possibly given up gaming by then (assuming things keep moving towards online play).

And, I have to say, from reading some of the comments here, some of you just bought the wrong game, or at best, couldn't be bothered to research it before you spent your money. Remember: not everyone is the target demographic.

People say that PD is not accurate on tracks and cars ? Are you guys serious ? Why do you think that the biggest racing organization want to work with PD in this exclusive partnership ? Why is there so many companies coming to PD for them to put there consept car in the game if its not accurate, pick any ps3 car game and make a car comparison and then you will stop whining for sure.

PDis one of the best game companies around yes i know that the latest installment was not complete its lacking on some of the most serious parts as sound and quantity over quality, but do not forget that those 1000 n more cars are still there ,i do not need to pay for them everytime there is a new game like forza does ,i only paid 45$ for a game that has as much cars as all the racing games combined and tracks and until now we had a lot of free dlc so next time consider this you not supporters can go to forza games or anything else and pay more than 200$ on dlc to have a half gt6 game .peace

Last edited:
Despite of broken promises and some problems to resolve for GT6, I fully support PD. First reason is that PD is an great company in my opinion and it was my first company game that I've played Playstation 2; Second reason: I enjoy a lot of playing GT videos, especially GT3 and GT4 which bring many memories; and 3rd reason: I believe that PD can still reminescence from the past years... And I believe also that they will make an GT a better game than it is now. So, for these 3 reasons, I have voted on 1st option "Fully Support them".

If I wouldn't play GT, it wouldn't bother to me very much. But I love GT. GT is an great game in my opinion.

Just one thing : there will be other updates for GT6 so there is no "broken promises". // HS.

:)

Just one thing : there will be other updates for GT6 so there is no "broken promises". // HS.

:)
Yup, that's another reason that I'm supporting PD.

But I'm sure that GT7 is also being exciting, too! When GT7 trailer comes, I'll buy a PS4.

I expect more features, more tracks and more cars like standard cars upgraded to premium, Rally Stages like GT5 and Livery Editor, for example.

People say that PD is not accurate on tracks and cars ? Are you guys serious ? Why do you think that the biggest racing organization want to work with PD in this exclusive partnership ? Why is there so many companies coming to PD for them to put there consept car in the game if its not accurate, pick any ps3 car game and make a car comparison and then you will stop whining for sure.

PDis one of the best game companies around yes i know that the latest installment was not complete its lacking on some of the most serious parts
Yeah, not much has come out about the "partnership" between the FiA and PD. I am 100% serious and it is a fact. Go play a game with laser scanned tracks and then come back and tell us that PD got the real world tracks right. There are elevation, corner angle, width, etc. inaccuracies. Some are not even close. Like Silverstone, spa, monza, etc. Not even close. Track shape? Sure. Silverstone international is a great example.

Last edited:
Nope, not anymore. I cleared out my GT6 gamefile and save file a few days ago. Due to how massive the updates would take to download, that pretty much seals it. I'm full on Forza 4, thinking if I should make the big jump to either PC sims (don't know which one is the best) or just buy a Trashbox One and Forza 5.

...I will keep an eye around though...

Last edited:
buddy the tracks are laser scanned PD know how to do that too, as for the detail on track PS3 ram is to blame you can not have FIA telling you that you are great just because they are FIA they have a reason to stand on that if they didnt they could have been to other games so i dont see your point.

buddy the tracks are laser scanned PD know how to do that too, as for the detail on track PS3 ram is to blame you can not have FIA telling you that you are great just because they are FIA they have a reason to stand on that if they didnt they could have been to other games so i dont see your point.
I agree with you. PD has scanned the tracks in 2013. Before the GT6 Demo came, PD had already scanned the Silverstone. And then, after GT6 Demo, PD went to Australia to scan the Mount Panorama. And they were recreated on GT6.

For the most part, yes; I still support the company. I've played GT since the first Gran Turismo when I was 4 years old and I don't feel like stopping now. There's still content that they are releasing that I like. So yeah, I'm not going to stop supporting in hopes that maybe they'll be able to turn their series around.

I'm basically just continuing the support PD just to see what happens with Gran Turismo.

I'll support them if they make a good game. Not a game that could be good of they spend 18 months patching. Not a "good" game. Not a game that is good if you take into account system limitations Not a game where you have to put a bunch of qualifiers on how you can label it as good. A good, intelligently designed game with a decent presentation and a feel like someone in charge of developing it actually sat down and tried the thing before it was released. GT5, at the end of its life, was nearly there. GT6 still hasn't even gotten to that level yet. And because GT6 was what PD considers an acceptable response to the criticisms of GT5, I really doubt they'll be able to pull said good game off.

But I won't write them off until I see whether or not they actually improve things.

I'm not going to speak to tracks, but none of those things change the fact that there are serious issues with PD's attention to detail with a lot of cars in the game; even Premium models.

Back