Do you still support PD?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 324 comments

Do you still support PD?

• Total voters
I'm neutral. But I am positive about the future. All I have to remember is how bad the AI and physics were in GT4, and how much they were improved for GT5. PD can improve sound, damage, etc the same way in GT7.

No.

After their brushing off of the Kaz Q&A section, their endlessly vague answers which is honestly ridiculous and the fact they do not listen to the fan base or communicate regularly with us, I've lost all respect for Kaz and PD.

To win back the fans they'll have to do some big things;
- Admit their mistakes
- Start exploring/adding cars from outside of Japan
- Deliver B-Spec & Course Maker (It's finally starting to bug me that it isn't in the game yet)
- Communicate with the fan base
- Listen to the fan base, extensively

Just by doing this, they can go a long way to winning back fans and earning back lost respect. Not a demand list, just a way to improve the company.

Don't get me wrong, GT6 is a great game but PD needs to improve, greatly.

They're already beginning to admit mistakes, like how bad the sound is. And only about 1/3 of the new premium cars in GT6 were Japanese, so they are cutting back on adding too many of them.

They should have never announced b-spec and course maker if it was going to take this long to finish. It would have been better if they saved it for GT7.

As for communicating and listening to the fan base, they're really failed at that especially with the Q&A disaster. Im worried PD isnt too concerned with what the devoted fanbase thinks or wants. Dont for a moment think we're spoiled for wanting some sort of input, almost every other major game developer regularly communicates with fans through forums, twitter, and other social media. Even EA sports invites fans to its studios to give them tips on what needs to be improved in the game.

PD operates from an ivory tower, they've only just now taken notice to complaints once their bottom line took a hit when GT6 underperformed.

6zFMNVo.jpg
What? It inspired me to become a racing driver and pretty much ignited my passion for the automobile in all its forms.

And besides... c'mon dude, I was 6 when GT1 came out. I was impressionable.

What? It inspired me to become a racing driver and pretty much ignited my passion for the automobile in all its forms.

And besides... c'mon dude, I was 6 when GT1 came out. I was impressionable.

"This game" led me to believe you were talking solely about GT6.

"This game" led me to believe you were talking solely about GT6.
I suppose I could have been a bit more specific. My bad. :D For some reason I seem to hold the entire franchise as one singular work. I don't know why, since I don't treat any other series like that.

EDIT: Edited my first comment to clear confusion up.

This thread is a perfect microcosm of GTPlanet at the moment. If you look, vastly more people have voted that they're going to continue supporting PD in the future, but if you scroll down and read the comments, at least 70% of them are people saying that they're not going to. That shows that people like me who actually still like and trust PD are afraid of expressing their own opinions because they're afraid of being bullied and picked apart. It's ridiculous. I'm on the verge of asking the mods to ban me for a couple of weeks just so I'm not tempted to come back to this cesspit of negativity everyday.

As for whether or not I still fully support PD, of course I am. This game changed my life for the better in multiple ways and I'm not turning my back on it no matter what.

Vocal minorities are often difficult, they don't tend to integrate quietly.

I think a few people here are confusing the question a bit. The question is; "Do you still support PD", some people are answering it as, "Do you like/support GT6".

Not sure how you have come to that conclusion?

Not sure how you have come to that conclusion?
Obviously you haven't read this thread from the OP to here so I'll catch you up;

The question that was posed was, "Do you support PD?". Meaning, do you support/respect the company behind GT. There are a few people here who have interpreted the question as; "Do you like/support GT/GT6?". It is evident enough in some of the responses where they refer to a GT game and how they like it with no mention whatsoever to PD.

I voted no because what I want from a racing game aren't the type of games PD seem to deliver. But, it's hard to doubt them completely without GT7 being here. Still, I support SMS a million times more than PD.

Yep.
I have enjoyed playing every successive version of the GT franchise.
I still enjoy playing it today.
I couldn't care less whether the CEO of said game company is personally in constant communication.
I just want to play a game, not micro-analyse every single aspect including the inner workings of said company.
I have faith they will complete the latest version and look forward to watching it grow.
I have faith the next version on the latest gen. console will be enjoyable to play.
PD have my support.

AJ's opinion, everyone :)

-They're being incompetent.
-They haven't delivered everything they promised.
-A very important aspect of their latest product is not working properly, and it shows no sign of being fixed.

But..

-They created the first ever videogame I've played.
-In all their 6 full titles I've owned, I think I've spent more time playing these games than all of the other games I've had together.
-I still enjoy playing GT6; If I'm not racing online, I am tuning cars, for drifting, drag racing and road racing.. My tunes are the worst, but whatever.
-I love taking photos to the cars I like, they are not that great, but I love to show everyone my work.
-It's the reason of why we are here.

I am really optimistic about the series future with their technical capacity and the methods they're now using to develop the game.

So yeah, I still fully support PD and hope that their next product is as great as all the racing simulators/racing games that are being released.

This thread is a perfect microcosm of GTPlanet at the moment. If you look, vastly more people have voted that they're going to continue supporting PD in the future, but if you scroll down and read the comments, at least 70% of them are people saying that they're not going to. That shows that people like me who actually still like and trust PD are afraid of expressing their own opinions because they're afraid of being bullied and picked apart. It's ridiculous. I'm on the verge of asking the mods to ban me for a couple of weeks just so I'm not tempted to come back to this cesspit of negativity everyday.

As for whether or not I still fully support PD, of course I do. This series changed my life for the better in multiple ways and I'm not turning my back on it no matter what.
You are only seeing what you want to see. Look at all the posts directly above you all the way to the top. There are more positive than negative, and most of the negatives are on the fence to some degree and there isn't a single person who has said anything untrue. Only a couple have outright said no they won't buy it. Take off your un-rose coloured glasses, you are too focused on the "bad" to see how much good there actually is.

of course i do and every simulation driver should

the reality is that there just arent that many in the PC and console world that is devoted to simulation gaming

PD, Turn10, the crew behind assetto and project cars

for better or worse, PD and Turn 10 are the exclusives and flagships of our consoles

they can do things better but they do a lot right

i have a ps4, thats money i spent because i will buy GT7, thats the extent of what i support

however i'd feel like a right dummy if i bought a $599 ps3 in 2006 and waited for GT5!

I love GT, but I wish PD loved us all in the same way.

Sometimes i feel like I am losing my religion.

But PD seem to enjoy going their own way.

Sometimes i think, fix what is broken before creating the lunar rover.

While I've grown up with and found tremendous enjoyment in playing the previous games in the series, as of right now - with two utterly mediocre games this (7th) generation (though admittedly, I did find small portions of GT5 and GT6 great) and poor fan interaction in mind - I don't.

If they turn it around with GT7 and eliminate the series shortcomings, they'll once again have my full support and my wallet.

i dont know why people get so upset about the way things have transpired

eg, i bought a ps4 for xmas and it came with driveclub (and others)

driveclub... is not a great game and as THE driving game for this gen. its a bit disappointing

but then so was Forza 5 for Xbox One but FH2 is fantastic

so my ps4 is shelved, i havent turned it on for a week, i'm busy with FH2 and GT6

so I've basically spent $400 for a ps4 and it hasnt worked out so far

but so what? I'm not angry at Sony or Evolution, in fact Evolution will continue to 'evolve' Driveclub maybe to more of what I would like

In the modern gen I have only played GT5 Spec 2 and GT6 and for the money and hours of enjoyment, I'm happy with it.

GT6 has entertained me in spite of its faults and the fact I paid about $30 for it is pretty ok... I also bought that Xbox Assassins Creed Unity box and what a joke that turned out to be. People have a right to be upset about that.

btw.

this is brilliant. The comedy that is PD is too much sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way they are going it is hard to see me think that they will turn it around so No. Though I do have little hopes they'll surprise me.

Well technically, everyone who bought GT6 supports PD. Anyways, yes but i'm losing faith fast, GT5 and GT6 were the weakest entries in the franchise, PD still hasn't fixed many issues (Damage, Sound, Bugs) and while some may argue saying that the content PD is giving us is free, so much of the stuff should of been there from the start. One last thing is that it seems that PD is also ignoring the fans of the franchise and whole series. So if GT7 turns out the same way that GT5, and GT6 were, i'm packing my bags and saying sayonara to the series.

neutral

i support PD but my trust in full professional work isn't much. that "legend" of KAZ being a perfectionist never worked for me. PD and GT are always bittersweet. GT is good and great sometimes but nothing, except graphics, ever feels finished or fully developed; features or gameplay developed in all its ps3 potential, there are always options or charisma unnecessarily missing.

"KAZ Q/A" is the latest example on how sometimes PD can work so bad! 10 months after they start it themselves, its just absolute silence! doesn't make sense and its disrespectful.

Last edited:
I would say i still support them, but not as much as i used to. Like many here, i grew up with GT and GT1-4 for me were fun but also well made games for their time, and it seemed like in those days GT had no competition. It was just one of those games that I bought instantly.

For me, the disappointment with the series came with GT5 which was very underwhelming after a long development time and the decision to include old and obsolete content so that they could write bigger numbers on the back of the box. The image of GT changed from polished, high quality products to unfinished games where everyone hopes a new update would draw them back to play the game, but instead new bugs are introduced.

I used to enjoy racing in previous GT's and now it's reduced to a barely decent hotlap (and photography) simulator. GT5 was a mess but I admit it improved over the years, so I hoped GT6 would show that PD learned from their mistakes. Unfortunately, it doesn't feel like it. GT6 fixed some of the complaints from GT5 like menu design and responsiveness, but failed to adress the core issues with the game.

It seems like GT has expanded so much, you have the great partnerships with car manufacturers, the GT academy, FIA partnerships, Kaz actually racing on the Ring and all that stuff and yet the core game is still lacking. The AI, the career mode, the sounds, the glitches and bugs, low quality assets etc...

I am still very intrested in what they can achieve on the PS4, but it needs to be a completed, polished, fundamentally changed game that shows PD's will to adress the main problems. If they don't do that, I don't think PD will be able to keep up with the competition.

Best wishes for 2015!

And no, GT7 is not on my wishlist for the future. I'll keep an eye out when it get's released and what is included and not.
Not gonna buy a game again that has features on the disk cover which are NOT in the game....

GT5 I played for about 3 years, on a daily base. GT6 (GT5.5) I played for a few months and now collecting dust.

:cheers:

Ive bought every GT game sight unseen, since GT1. I'm all about cars first, everything else second. It's why I buy the franchise. I've just had enough of the same game play and nothing else for me as a 99.5% of the time, offline player. My first mind, right now, is not to support PD in any capacity, I'll have a rethink once I see the GT7 car list.

That crazy japanese company I felt in love with 15 years ago when I booted GT1 for the first time.

If anything else , I like PD's products because they got different vibe to anything that western developer delivers.For sure there is many games that can do this or that thing better (iR,pC,NFS,SHIFT,GTl,FM,FH,CREW ...) , but end of the day, it is the GT series that I am enjoying most.

Do I "still" support PD?

I'll buy their next product ,if that answers the question.

Back