Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,427 comments
The countdown show is on and the gates have opened so fans are piling into the stadium.

Roxanne Perez is the new NXT women's champion after beating Lyra Valkyria at Stand & Deliver and is a two-time champ, Ilja Dragunov retained his NXT title as did Corbin and Bron with their tag titles and Oba Femi with his North American title, it was announced that there will be a women's North American title, Giulia will be joining WWE at NXT first.

The main event had Trick Williams beating Carmelo Hayes, it was the first time that two black guys main event a NXT show, it was also the first time that happened at any WWE TV show since Booker T and The Rock in 2001, two black women main evented night one of Mania a few years ago, that was of course Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair.

After tonight, it be cool if KO wins the US title on Night 2. It just fit so well, if Prime money doesnt get in the way to keep the US title in part time limbo.

Disappointed by the Main Event, like I get it in the sense they want Codys story to be an ultimate underdog story overcoming all odds but this just feels too much just brings everything down in the long term.

I think it wouldve worked better if Cody and Seth won but since it isnt Night 2 yet. Cody gets attacked to be "injured", you still keep the underdog but still look like the Bloodline beatable which has been the massive failure of the storyline and now a victory of Cody feels a little whiplashed

Last edited:
Wrestlemania 40 Night 1 Results
Match 1 - Rhea Ripley retains the World Women's Championship against Becky Lynch

Match 2 - Waller and Theory win the Smackdown Tag Titles and Awesome Truth win the RAW Tag Titles in the 6-Pack Ladder Match

Match 3 - Rey and Andrade win against Dominik and Escobar

Match 4 - Jey Uso wins against Jimmy Uso

Match 5 - Belair, Naomi and Cargill win against Damage-CTRL

Match 6 - Sami Zayn wins the Intercontinental Championship against Gunther

Match 7 - Reigns and The Rock win against Rhodes and Rollins, making the Main Event of Night 2 Bloodline Rules

Last edited:
Rhea/Becky was fine and the ladder match had some fun spots (Happy with Waller winning the Smackdown titles) but Gunther/Zayn and the main event were easily the highlights of night 1. Bloodline rules tomorrow is going to be crazy.

Last edited:
Rhea v Becky was a really good opener, Rhea retaining wasn't a surprise and it will be interesting to see what Becky does going forward given her contract situation, the ladder match was a lot of fun and R-Truth becoming Raw tag champ is a great moment, Waller and Theory getting the Smackdown tag titles was a good move as was splitting the tag titles which made sense, Rey and Andrade winning was a bit meh and they won after help from some Philadelphia Eagles Footballers, Jey v Jimmy was underwhelming with Jey winning with a spear and splash which felt anti-climatic.

The women's tag match was good and Jade Cargill looked great, Gunther v Sami was superb and probably match of the night for me, told a great story and I though Gunther and Sami worked well together, Sami winning was a big surprise and I don't think a lot of people expected it, Gunther's 660 day IC title reign has ended and he could move into the main event slot on Raw now.

The main event tag match was pretty wild, The Rock's entrance was great and he looked pretty good throughout, he also took a lot of the bump with a Rock Bottom through the announce table and a spear from Roman, it was a long 40 minute match with the Rock using his 'power' on the TKO board to bend the rules and make it more like a No DQ match, it was Rock who pinned Cody at the end following a people's elbow and it means it Bloodline Rules for tonight's Universal title match between Roman and Cody.

A really good first night overall, 72,543 was the declared attendance.

Today really could be the last day of Roman Reigns title reign.

Was I the only one who thought Damien Priest would cash in last night? Seth was laid out with a spear through the barricade and that would have been a perfect opportunity for Priest and they could have had a triple threat for the title tonight.

Ladder tag - very good
Womens and IC - good
Uso - awful, just a superkick spamfest
The rest - a bit underwhelming outside of a few good spots.

Rhea/Jade seems the obvious plan but still not sure Jade can actually wrestle. Sami/Chad (heel chad?) will happen and should be good. Hopefully Gunther gets into the main title mix now like he deserves.

Today really could be the last day of Roman Reigns title reign.

Was I the only one who thought Damien Priest would cash in last night? Seth was laid out with a spear through the barricade and that would have been a perfect opportunity for Priest and they could have had a triple threat for the title tonight.
Good riddance if it is.

Even Dragon Ball Z fans would say the Bloodline storyline took too long. Its a 4 year storyline with only enough content for 1 year. I was on board with Reigns being heel and focus on character based storytelling during his run but became nothing mkre a dominant heel fest that makes me miss 2002-2006 Triple H, at least we could believe the babyfaces stood a chance and Batista overthrowing him wasnt such a whiplash as Triple H still appeared beatable.

No faces looked good after being involved with this storyline, even Cody is losing it. Whole point of a villain is to feel like an obstacle the hero tries to overcome and not be a brick wall and kill every heros momentum. Finn Balor, Kevin Owens (twice), Sami Zayn, Rey Mysterio, Drew McIntyre, LA Knight, Jey Uso (twice), Xavier Woods, Big E. They all looked worse than when they came into the storyline and was overall toxic to their careers. Again with the Triple H comparison, HBK, (redacted) and Batista at least looked really good out of his reign of terror. This storyline made me apathetic for Kevin Owens who is my favourite because really, why should I care about anyone going against the Bloodline when they just look like idiots and lose after interference and not learn from anyone elses attempt. (Or in the case of Finn Balor, the most convinent collapse of the ropes). I get some Faces role is to be fodder to make the Heel look strong for the next Face but Jey Uso first attempt was exactly that, you don't need 3 years of nothing storylines dragging and stopping at sellout matches just to get to a storyline where maybe there is a chance.

I really don't get how people think this is the best storyline WWE has done since the attitude era. Not even the matches are any good as they age like milk and get repetitive but wrestling fans are horribly fickle as we clearly see in a lot of reactions. This storyline made me give up on WWE last year until the World Heavyweight Championship came out and even then I mainly paid attention to Raw as it was the better show than Smackdown. No other storyline did that since I started watching, not the Authority, not the People Power, not even the stupid Wild Card rule era.

It's not even going to be a happy feeling if Cody Rhodes wins and finally puts it to bed. I won't be happy for Cody to "finish the story". I'll just be "THANK ****, WE CAN MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE!"

Last edited:
That was probably the best Cash-In in a long while, lot of story came out of it and quite ironic that CM Punk attacking the champion helped Damian Priest become World Champion when thats how CM Punk won his World Championship

The story is complete.

Rumors are next year will be here in Minnesota, it certainly in tempting even though I don't know anyone that likes wrestling.

Wrestlemania 40 Night 2 Results
Match 1 - Drew McIntyre wins the World Heavyweight Championship against Seth Rollins, but Damien Priest cashed in after Punk attacked him

Match 2 - Lashley and The Street Profits win the Philadelphia Street Fight against The Final Testament

Match 3 - LA Knight wins against AJ Styles

Match 4 - Logan Paul retains the US Championship against KO and Orton

Match 5 - Bayley wins the Women's Championship against Iyo Sky

Match 6 - Cody Rhodes wins the Universal Championship against Roman Reigns in a Bloodline Rules Match with assistance from Jey Uso, Cena, Rollins and Taker

This Wrestlemania was boiling hot!

Last edited:
Being the negative nancy again I'm indifferent.

Opening World Championship was amazing then it fiddles until Bayley vs. Iyo Sky which again is the only good thing going on on Smackdown

The Main Event did hit a lot of notes to seem like the ultimate conclusion but if you look that we had to wait 4 years for this of nothing matches and pointless filler to pad out the title reign, it was never going to be worth it. I only care that its actually concluded and we can finally do something else. Long term booking should never be this extreme whatsoever especially when theres 3 years worth of them just twiddling their thumbs not doing anything of note aside from ruining potential main eventers.

Last edited:
Only got to catch the main event and while it was overbooked to hell (why was Taker there? lol). It was a fantastic match. And a beautiful moment at the end with Cody and his family in the ring afterwards.

Last edited:
Only got to catch the main event and while it was overbooked to hell (why was Taker there? lol). It was a fantastic match. And a beautiful moment at the end with Cody and his family in the ring afterwards.
The conspiracy theory in me wants to think that Brock Lesnar was meant to be in that spot (as HHH says he is still apart of WWE) but couldnt get his name clear enough to appear, but could be way off :lol:

Main event from the audience. It's crazy how produced WWE is, but, imo, the audience makes a match. When there's epic heat and insane pop, it makes it unforgettable. This was ehh, but I'm sure it comes off a lot more hype on their broadcast. Then again, I have literally never followed a day of Roman Reigns lore. The last time I watched WWE Rey Mysterio was spanking his son and I turned it off lmao. Before that, the last thing I watched was back when Steve Austin drove a beer truck into the ring.

Last edited:

Main event from the audience. It's crazy how produced WWE is, but, imo, the audience makes a match. When there's epic heat and insane pop, it makes it unforgettable. This was ehh, but I'm sure it comes off a lot more hype on their broadcast. Then again, I have literally never followed a day of Roman Reigns lore. The last time I watched WWE Rey Mysterio was spanking his son and I turned it off lmao. Before that, the last thing I watched was back when Steve Austin drove a beer truck into the ring.

To be fair Roman Reigns lore is so little going on, despite it lasting 4 years. Its easy to digest what is going on to catch up. Its really only 30 minutes of highlights to understand this 4 year story :lol:

Just years of everyone jobbing to him due to interference finally back for revenge behind this one guy

Last edited:
The conspiracy theory in me wants to think that Brock Lesnar was meant to be in that spot (as HHH says he is still apart of WWE) but couldnt get his name clear enough to appear, but could be way off :lol:
I mean, Brock would have made more sense than Taker. :lol:

Was wondering too what Orton, Zayn, Owens and La Knight were doing during the match. They were quick to appear after Cody won, not so much when he was getting doubled teamed by Roman and Solo. :lol:

Was wondering too what Orton, Zayn, Owens and La Knight were doing during the match. They were quick to appear after Cody won, not so much when he was getting doubled teamed by Roman and Solo. :lol:
the actual rumour is that it was supposed to be Austin, but either he or his wife was sick, and thus couldn't be there.

With all the names maybe it should've been a Lumberjack match :lol:

Last edited:
Personally I just think they knew Taker chokeslamming the Rock at Wrestlemania was a guaranteed nuclear crowd reaction, especially since we all thought WM38 was the one he'd ever be at (I mean not really, but y'know).

I do have to wonder if they're going to use this as an opportunity to debut a new belt design now. The "class ring" design really is stating to look dated and replacing it would be a way to symbolically end the Vince era, I feel. Plus I'd rather have Cody and anyone else down the line repping a championship that's not so, uh, e-fed in name and nature.

(I know someone is going to end up complaining if I don't spoiler that even though everyone knows about it by now)

Last edited:
What the frack was that match ?!

So much better than Saturday, bangers all night long. Just one complaint - couldn’t they give Drew one day with the title? I guess he is leaving after all.

What the frack was that match ?!

So much better than Saturday, bangers all night long. Just one complaint - couldn’t they give Drew one day with the title? I guess he is leaving after all.
If he was leaving I doubt Punk would put him a spot like that to lose on cash in.

I think it was set up perfectly for their story and Drew got the moment he was looking for, I think giving him a day would ironically be too bait and switch than doing it now.

Personally I just think they knew Taker chokeslamming the Rock at Wrestlemania was a guaranteed nuclear crowd reaction, especially since we all thought WM38 was the one he'd ever be at (I mean not really, but y'know).

I do have to wonder if they're going to use this as an opportunity to debut a new belt design now. The "class ring" design really is stating to look dated and replacing it would be a way to symbolically end the Vince era, I feel. Plus I'd rather have Cody and anyone else down the line repping a championship that's not so, uh, e-fed in name and nature.

(I know someone is going to end up complaining if I don't spoiler that even though everyone knows about it by now)
Would love a new title to represent the new "era" they are promoting. The WWE/Universal Championship really became the "Hollywood" Championship the moment they unveiled the design in 2014 when Brock won it and never stopped. However that would mean the much less Hollywood WWE Womens Championship would need a redesign to match it which feels a little unfair to Bayley to be in a situation because her Men counterpart was a complete mess up (like how Smackdown Live in 2018 was forced to change because 2018 Raw was so bad even though 2018 Smackdown Live was really good)

The main event actually wasn't as chaotic and overbooked as I thought it would be!

There were some great moments in that match with Cena, Rock and Undertaker all appearing but I have no idea why Taker was there, it was a surprise not to see Austin after all the hints, it was a good match before all the chaos and I could help but get emotional after and getting swept up with all the Cody stuff, you could hear Samantha Irvin's voice breaking and Michael Cole had tears in his eyes, it did feel like the end of one era and the start of a new one, I'm really happy for Cody.

The world title match was just two guys spamming their finish with Drew hitting five claymore's before getting the win, I think he was champ for around five minutes before Priest cashed in and became champ, it was a great start to the show and it opens a lot of possibilities going forward, Drew will probably win the title back at CATC in Glasgow in June before facing Punk at Summerslam but Gunther might be in the picture as well.

We also had Bayley beating IYO for the title, it was a really good match and a nice moment for Bayley, also both Rumble winners won their respective titles last night. Logan Paul retained his US title in a great match which had a good flow and tempo to it, LA knight picked up his first Mania win in his first Mania match, the street fight was just a glorious train wreck with Bubba Ray as special guest ref and Snoop Dogg on commentary with some great lines 'Suplex, I like that'.

Second night was so much better than the first, the crowd was better and the weather was warmer for them. A great weekend overall.

Would love a new title to represent the new "era" they are promoting. The WWE/Universal Championship really became the "Hollywood" Championship the moment they unveiled the design in 2014 when Brock won it and never stopped.
I was gonna correct you and say 2013 since that's when the original version with the scratch logo was introduced, but you're right. They updated to the network logo in mid 2014, right about when Brock took it and buggered off for around eight months.

Also I forgot that title was originally designed by Orange County Choppers, so it really is a relic of the reality TV era.
However that would mean the much less Hollywood WWE Womens Championship would need a redesign to match it which feels a little unfair to Bayley to be in a situation because her Men counterpart was a complete mess up (like how Smackdown Live in 2018 was forced to change because 2018 Raw was so bad even though 2018 Smackdown Live was really good)
Unless they had planned for her to be a transitional champ in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled some shenanigans at the draft next month, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see just how much gets scrambled around.

A few things I want to talk about.

First of all to tonight, its the Raw after Mania, its always been a must see episode, right now nothing has been advertised for it but the first hour will be commercial free, its the first Raw after Mania under Triple H stewardship, you may remember that Vince basically hijacked last years show.

Secondly I want to talk about the contract status of Drew, Seth and Becky. Drew McIntyre's contract actually expires at the end of this month, there has been talks and whilst nothing has been signed (that we know of) there are some positive signs that he will re-sign and stay at WWE, he has been in the title picture for the last few months and that is expected to continue. Its less clear cut for Seth and Becky, both their contracts are up in June and so far there hasn't really been anything to say that they will re-sign, Seth was amazing at Mania, he held that tag match together, then he put Drew over, and then he sacrificed himself for Cody. Becky competed when she wasn't well, I really hope we get some news on all of them soon as I cant see WWE without the three of them.

I want to give some credit to ring announcer Samantha Irvin, I thought she did an incredible job at Mania and she has real passion and emotion in her voice during her announcements, she has had some special praise from the king of announcers Michael Buffer.

John Cena was on Pat McAfee's show today where he said that his schedule is full up until Christmas but hopes he can have his last WWE run early next year.

Back