Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,485 comments
Kind of underwhelming of an aftermath. If I was a fan of the Bloodline storyline Id be massively disappointed. The whole thing was they were desperate making it difficult for everyone and Cody at Wrestlemania XL was the last hope to save the Championship.

They should be whining and crying but The Rock just folds and says hes coming next. Cody ruined your dream "Brother vs. Brother" match, and your plan to completely ruin him failed and you just fold? Also the switch celebrate Romans title reign when a month before it was treated as a hell spawn...

Imagine if after Wrestlemania XXX, Daniel Bryan just played kudos and salute to Randy Orton for unifying the belts or Roman Reigns doing it with Brock Lesnar at Summerslam for his really long reign :lol:

God, even the writing is as fickle as your average wrestling fan :lol:

Awesome Truth and Judgment Day stuff is pretty great so far and love Liv Morgan entering the scene like that.

Last edited:
Kind of underwhelming of an aftermath. If I was a fan of the Bloodline storyline Id be massively disappointed. The whole thing was they were desperate making it difficult for everyone and Cody at Wrestlemania XL was the last hope to save the Championship.

They should be whining and crying but The Rock just folds and says hes coming next. Cody ruined your dream "Brother vs. Brother" match, and your plan to completely ruin him failed and you just fold? Also the switch celebrate Romans title reign when a month before it was treated as a hell spawn...

Imagine if after Wrestlemania XXX, Daniel Bryan just played kudos and salute to Randy Orton for unifying the belts or Roman Reigns doing it with Brock Lesnar at Summerslam for his really long reign :lol:

God, even the writing is as fickle as your average wrestling fan :lol:

Awesome Truth and Judgment Day stuff is pretty great so far and love Liv Morgan entering the scene like that.
I honestly think that the bloodline story paid up to expectations, we were waiting for Cody to finish the story and it was bound that Roman would lose his title eventually. The Rock being a continuation of the Bloodline storyline only helps add that things may not be over between Cody and Rock, perhaps Rock is playing the Larger Authority Heel Role now? That's my theory. but Cody simply paying respect to Roman shows the integrity Cody has as a face and it helps add credibility towards Roman's historic run. I do think that Roman is being propelled into another greater storyline as hinted by HHH in his post-wrestlemania press conference, maybe we're going to see Roman break down as a result of the loss, maybe be exiled by Rock.

In my opinion with the way everything has been booked so far HHH is cooking with the story-telling at play.

Last edited:
That is such a good question.

The one name that immediately came to me was Gunther.
It definitely needs to be someone up and coming on the roster.

Gunther is a great pick. I was perhaps proposing LA Knight in that role.
The promos would go nuts!

God forbid there's any injuries but if there is there's also other great options like Orton or Rock for nostalgia-bait haha.

The Legendary AJ Styles Talks Retirement Prior To WWE WrestleMania 40

“I’m getting close. I’m getting close to the end. I want to have that story and match to go with it before I leave the WWE. That’s what I’m looking forward to the most.

“I’m done. I’m going to retire. I’m getting to the point where I am worried about embarrassing myself. My brain says, ‘We can do this.’ My body says, ‘You’re stupid. We cannot do this. We’re hurting every day when we roll out of bed. At some point, this has to come to an end.”

I hope styles gets to finish at the top in a great program. Although part of me feels like he would return to a place like TNA to set out his retirement.

I hope styles gets to finish at the top in a great program. Although part of me feels like he would return to a place like TNA to set out his retirement.
I dunno why AJ would want to go back to the company that treated him like garbage despite being quite literally the one reason a lot of fans were even watching TNA at the time, especially when they don't currently have the resources or the roster to make it worth his while. Like, maaaaaybe a short AEW run if he really wanted a change of scenery, but even that seems a bit unlikely since he'd just get lost in the shuffle once the initial hype wore off just like every other WWE hire they've done.

I didn't realise AJ was the same age as Cena. His knees have held up better - that long run down to the Wrestlemania ring looked painful for John. Cena said on the McAfee show that 50 was his limit for still performing, so they've still got 2 or 3 years left to figure out the final match.

RAW was just ok. Jey gets first shot at the bondage undertaker after Punk screwed Drew again. Liv vs Rhea should be fun. Jade is clearly the new Goldberg, no moves so just squash matches.

Last edited:
I thought the Cody/Rock interaction felt pretty awkward, Rock handed Cody something at the end but we didn't get to see it as Cody put it straight in his pocket, there will likely be a match between the two at next years Mania or Summerslam at the earliest.

I liked the Jey Uso, Punk and Drew stuff at the end and I think it will definitely be Drew v Punk at Summerslam now, it was a show light on surprise with no returns and a couple of NXT talents having matches, Dragunov and Perez picked up wins against Shinsuke Nakamura and Indi Hartwell respectively, there was a Sheamus video package so he must be returning soon. Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Becky Lynch and Gunther were all missing from last nights show.

WWE's total gate for WresteMania XL was totaled up to about $38.4 million, almost $20 million each night. They stated that this year's gate was 78% more than 39's gate which they stated was $21.6 million.

liked the Jey Uso, Punk and Drew stuff at the end and I think it will definitely be Drew v Punk at Summerslam now,
This Punk/Drew feud might already be the feud of the year. Punk screwing Drew at Mania and then on Raw the next night. Brilliant stuff. :lol: Hope Punk can stay healthy once he is fully cleared to compete.

Last edited:
I thought the Cody/Rock interaction felt pretty awkward, Rock handed Cody something at the end but we didn't get to see it as Cody put it straight in his pocket, there will likely be a match between the two at next years Mania or Summerslam at the earliest.
Summerslam is early August, filming is to late July for Rocky. So, methinks Summerslam will be the Reigns rematch, Rock comes and accidentally costs Roman the match, and then at Crown Jewel we will get Rock v Cody, and Reigns costs Rock the match, which will lead to them finally having their match at Mania 41. Cody v Randy and 41 is my guess.

I have seen today that apparently Roman won't be returning until around Summerslam.

On NXT last night Bron Breakker and Baron Corbin lost their tag team titles to Fraser and Axiom in a rematch from Stand & Deliver. After the show Bron gave his farewell speech to NXT, he has already had a couple of matches on Smackdown but none for the last month.

Its seems the Trick Williams/Carmelo Hayes stuff isn't done as they have a steel cage match next week, plus Trick is getting his rematch with Ilja for the NXT title in two weeks. Ilja is going to be eligible for the Draft in three weeks time.

I have seen today that apparently Roman won't be returning until around Summerslam.

On NXT last night Bron Breakker and Baron Corbin lost their tag team titles to Fraser and Axiom in a rematch from Stand & Deliver. After the show Bron gave his farewell speech to NXT, he has already had a couple of matches on Smackdown but none for the last month.

Its seems the Trick Williams/Carmelo Hayes stuff isn't done as they have a steel cage match next week, plus Trick is getting his rematch with Ilja for the NXT title in two weeks. Ilja is going to be eligible for the Draft in three weeks time.
That's not unusual for him. As long as he doesnt have a title to hold hostage he's perfectly fine as he stands

Not sure what AEW thought they would get out of showing the backstage footage of the Punk/Perry incident. And going off them now copyright striking anyone who posts it. Think they have realized that it was a mistake. And poor Tony Schiavone afterwards looked like he was having some serious flashbacks to the dark era of late '90s WCW.

Not sure what AEW thought they would get out of showing the backstage footage of the Punk/Perry incident. And going off them now copyright striking anyone who posts it. Think they have realized that it was a mistake. And poor Tony Schiavone afterwards looked like he was having some serious flashbacks to the dark era of late '90s WCW.
Tony needs to stop looking at what WWE is doing, trying to shoot them down and needs to look at TNA in how to keep the company alive once its on life support :lol:

Last edited:
Tony needs to stop looking at what WWE is doing and trying to shoot them down and needs to look at TNA in how to keep the company alive once its on life support :lol:
Step 1: Actually treat your top guys well so they won't walk out on you and take half your paying viewers with them
Step 2: Build up your undercard so you have viable challengers for your main event when your top guys need time off
Step 2: Have Step 1 & 2 engraved on a plaque over your office door, because every promotion forgets eventually and pays the price

Tony Khan is a genius. After that Wrestlemania ending he still gets people talking and posting about AEW :lol:

Was planning to go to the WWE live in London next week but even for a house show the prices are just stupid. God help me if Wrestlemania ever comes over here, will need to sell some organs.

Smackdown tonight.

Cody Rhodes
Bayley
LA Knight v Bobby Lashley v Santos Escobar
Kevin Owens v AJ Styles v Rey Mysterio

The winners of those triple threat matches with face each other next week and the winner of that will be Cody Rhodes' first contender for his WWE title.

Both Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch are taking some time away from WWE.

Really interesting twist in with the Bloodline with Tama Tonga coming in and teaming with Solo, definitely a civil war type storyline is happening.

LA Knight v AJ Styles next week where the winner will face Cody Rhodes for the title at Backlash. Bayley will face Naomi for her title on Smackdown next week after Naomi beat Tiffany Stratton to be number one contender, there is also a fatal four way tag match to determine Waller & Theory's contenders.

Big E has given a health update following his two-year neck scans, he says he still hasn't been medically cleared and will probably never be. But he also said that he is blessed to be pain free and otherwise healthy. I wish him the absolute best in whatever he does next, its very hard not to like him.

Big E has given a health update following his two-year neck scans, he says he still hasn't been medically cleared and will probably never be. But he also said that he is blessed to be pain free and otherwise healthy. I wish him the absolute best in whatever he does next, its very hard not to like him.
Big E seems like a smart and wise person. I don't know why, but I feel like he could easily be a modern day Gorilla Monsoon, both commentary and as an authority.

Bloodline: Civil War then
Wonder what side Jacob Fatu is going to be with.

Sucks massively that he may never be cleared to compete again but it's fantastic news that he's not suffering any pain from it. I do agree that he would be excellent on commentary. Hopefully that happens one day, it'd be a shame on the company not to do anything with him.

Hatman Rossy news and his post-Stardom promotion now has a name:

Dream Star Fighting Marigold, but as nobody really uses more than the last word of Stardom's full name and it's similarly wordy (World Wonder Ring Stardom), let's just call it Marigold.

Initial roster is basically the five people who left Stardom recently:
  • Giulia (shock and awe, not really basically confirmed as being part to help get it off the ground)
  • Utami [last name technically trips the swear filter so sorry about this :( ]
  • Mirai
  • Mai Sakurai
  • Yuzuki (now going by Victoria Yuzuki)
Also attached:
  • 20+ year veteran Nanae Takahashi
  • Nao Ishikawa, known recently for playing the Tam Nakano impersonator at Stardom New Blood 8 when they ran Tam Nakano v.s Tam Nakano
(from Actwres GirlZ, gotta love these names 😍)
  • CHIAKI
  • Misa Matsui
  • Miku Aono
  • Natsumi Sumikawa
  • Kouki
  • Chika Goto
First show is May 20th at Korakuen Hall, entitled Marigold Fields Forever. Sole match announced so far is Giulia and a mystery partner v.s Sareee and a mystery partner.

Here is the advertised stuff for Raw in Montreal tonight, there is quite a lot!

Sami Zayn v Chad Gable-Intercontinental title match.
Cody Rhodes
Rhea Ripley addresses Liv Morgan
Andrade v Dominik Mysterio
Jey Uso v Finn Balor
Sheamus returns
Katana Chance & Kayden Carter v Chelsea Green & Piper Niven
Ivy Nile & Maxxine Dupri v Candice La Rae & Indi Hartwell

About Rhea...

What happened to get Rhea injured? Was it a freak accident with her falling over from Liv Morgans attack? She wasnt exactly active on Raw.

If it isnt a storyline, I hope the best for her, she really pioneered herself in the Womens division and became quite an icon here in Australia

Last edited:
Back