Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,240 comments
The finish to the Women's MITB match was a disgrace, all that hype and build up about being the first ever and they pull that ****, I can sort of understand if it was the fifth or tenth Women's MITB match but the first, Jesus I was fuming, I still am! :banghead:🤬

Thankfully the rest of the show wasn't too bad, the tag title match and the Women's title match were both ok (Lana's ring gear! :drool:), Breezango v The Ascension was just filler, the WWE title match was really good, I'm getting more and more impressed with Jinder every time I see him wrestle, even if he doesn't win matches on his own, he needs the Singe bros help pretty much everytime.

Then the MITB match, possibly the best MITB match there has ever been?? it was spectacular!

YES! YES! YES! Cass finally turns heel now it's time for him to become the next Test. I can seriously see a lot of future ahead for Cass in his singles run.

I've yet to take the Orton vs. Mahal angle seriously, it still feels like a fan fiction that was written as a joke. As much as I thought it was funny seeing Mahal get a massive leap in push, it just doesn't make sense in the long term. I feel the constant interference in the matches isn't enough to make it seem so stupid.

At least in Baron Corbins case, he won the AtG Memorial Battle Royal, traversed in some rivalries and even had a shot, and likely has some more matches before his cash-in, I can take Corbin as a champion seriously.

So, basically, the Women's MITB match went exactly like the first (and so far only) Women's Hell In A Cell match; epic hype promos, mentioning of legends and breaking the mould, and then what happens? Too much PG booking and not enough good spots, plus it ends on a bad note. If you want the Divas to have their revolution, having finishes like the one in MITB won't get that point across. It just puts them in the exact same place Divas were about five years ago...

As for MITB as a whole, I think last year was better. The tagline for this year's PPV should've been "Dirty Money", because I can count the amount of clean finishes with one hand (and not many fingers in said hand). Plus the MITB matches were either downright bad (guess which one!) or not as good as last year's. Yes I know that last point might be controversial, but such are my five cents on the matter. A classic case of a 6/10 PPV for me...

Really liked Raw last night, Reigns v Joe was great with Strowman returning, the trailer for WWE2K18 looks great and the break up between Enzo and Cass was very well done too, Enzo cried a real tear! :(

The biggest problem on both shows right now is the Women's division the how badly its being treated on either side, at MITB you had a man grab the briefcase for the lady, y'know, because women cant do ****, whilst over on Raw they are struggling to find a decent segment for them in a three-hour show.

Really liked Raw last night, Reigns v Joe was great with Strowman returning, the trailer for WWE2K18 looks great and the break up between Enzo and Cass was very well done too, Enzo cried a real tear! :(

The biggest problem on both shows right now is the Women's division the how badly its being treated on either side, at MITB you had a man grab the briefcase for the lady, y'know, because women cant do ****, whilst over on Raw they are struggling to find a decent segment for them in a three-hour show.
While the end decision of MitB was pretty bad as I feel WWE are too overprotective of their Women in hardcore matches and having Ellsworth get it for Carmella was mind-boggling, I understand that Ellsworth needed to contribute to the match but don't make it the match decider, make it a failed attempt so we have a clean finish with the people in the match. I do feel like Smackdowns Women division is actually decent, 1 rotten apple doesn't ruin the whole crop. All the women in the roster have something to contribute to the show afterall.

As much as I hate Enzo Amore as a character, I have to give credit where it is due, he can surely act.

There will be a second Women's MITB next week on SD Live after the inquest on SD last night, the same five competitors will be taking part and James Ellsworth will be banned from ringside. Right decision. đź‘Ť

There will also be a rematch for the SD Women's title next week between Naomi and Lana.

After Smackdown I think I at least understand what their goal was with the Women's match even if I think it could have been executed better. Carmella desperately needed some heat for her push to work and the easiest way to do that would be for Ellsworth to interfere in a big way. Now that they sort of achieved that they can (hopefully) do the match proper.

Conspiracy theory time: A part of me thinks they had 2 different outcomes planned for Smackdown depending on the reaction Carmella received at the beginning. I think had there been a bigger response than there was we would have seen the outcome stand, but since she didn't really get much of a reaction they went with the do-over option. This is based on nothing more than the fact Daniel Bryan didn't make the announcement until well into the show and his speech when giving his "ruling" was vague enough to fit both possibilities.

Also, I was rather impressed with the Cass heel turn.

Mauro Ranallo has signed a deal with WWE to join NXT commentary, good to have him back. đź‘Ť

Mauro Ranallo has signed a deal with WWE to join NXT commentary, good to have him back. đź‘Ť
He's gonna be a busy man. He's signed to Bellator MMA as a commentator and will be commentating on the McGregor v Mayweather fight in August.

A few things...

Jim Ross and Lita will be the commentary team for the upcoming Mae Young Classic Women's tournament they are having.

Alberto Del Rio/El Patron and Paige are rumoured to have split up over the weekend.

Seth Rollins went over to the Blue side to face Jinder Mahal for the WWE Title in a live event on Friday, Mahal won...obviously!

There is a new show on Netflix you may be interested in, its called Glow and its a comedy drama about Women's Wrestling in the 80's, it started on Friday.

Cody Runnels/Rhodes beat Christopher Daniels to win the ROH World title on Saturday night.

So Raw last night, the Joe/Lesnar thing was good and I like the build up to the match thus far, I'm quite surprised that Reigns didn't pick up some sort of shoulder injury after Strowman threw him into the Ambulance with some force, I also like how Big Cass trolled everyone.

The Miz TV segment with the Ball family was god-awful, I literally had no clue who they were, the older one of the three is a bit mental and one of the others said the word ****** twice for which the WWE had to release a statement apologising. It was almost as bad as the This Is Your Life segment a little while ago....almost!

Last week I went on a bit of a rant about the treatment of the Women's division on both sides, they must have read my post!, because last night Raw main event was the number one contenders gauntlet match, which was really good, and tonight's SD Live will have the Women's MITB rematch and the Women's title rematch, one of which will surely be the main event, much better!

That was much better, glad they gave them a whole 30 minutes as they sure utilized every second. đź‘Ť

And I believe Ellsworth now legitimately qualifies for the Women's division (that had to hurt, even if it was kayfabe). :scared:

WWE may now have another real challenge, a legit one if New Japan is serious about it. Along with Dave Meltzer breaking his own rating system for Omega/Okada I and II, I just found out about this:

IWGP_United_States_Heavyweight_Championship.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_United_States_Heavyweight_Championship

Last edited:
Jim Ross has mentioned several times on his podcast in the last few weeks that he and Josh Barnett are doing the commentary for that New Japan weekend.

Speaking of commentators, Mauro Ranallo made his re-debut with the WWE on NXT this past Wednesday where the main event was one hell of a match between Asuka and Nikki Cross in a last Women standing match for the Womens title.

WWE have been in Japan and the Far East for a mini tour this week, Chris Jericho returned as a heel to take on Hideo Itami and Finn Balor on consecutive nights.

John Cena returns to the WWE on Smackdown this Tuesday.

Jim Ross has mentioned several times on his podcast in the last few weeks that he and Josh Barnett are doing the commentary for that New Japan weekend.

They are the usual commentators, but this time they are on site instead of just dubbing over pre-recorded footage.

WWE have been in Japan and the Far East for a mini tour this week, Chris Jericho returned as a heel to take on Hideo Itami and Finn Balor on consecutive nights.

Unfortunately it seems like it was a Japan only deal as Fozzy has added quite a few dates from September through November. Seems he just wanted a free trip to Japan, which is certainly nothing I can blame him for. :lol:

Perhaps a return at the Rumble like in '13?

Why not just give every heal the "America Sucks" gimmick at this point? :banghead:

I was hoping they would give Rusev more of a "I was ignored, so now I'm just going to destroy everyone" gimmick.

Edit: Yeah, I think I'm just going to only watch NJPW and RoH from now on. Tonight has been a train wreck.

Last edited:
Decent opening segment to raw, not much else to note from either show though. Hopefully rusev gets a decent push.

I quite enjoyed the rap-off last night, especially when Jimmy Uso mentioned Xavier & Paige. :lol:

Austin Aries has been released by WWE and, even more shocking...

AJ won the US title at a house show

Yeah AJ Styles beat Kevin Owens to win the US title at the big MSG event they had last night.

It was Aries himself who asked for his release and the WWE were happy to oblige...

It was Aries himself who asked for his release and the WWE were happy to oblige...

I heard rumors but wasn't sure, you certainly can't blame anyone besides the top few wrestlers for wanting out of WWE. I hope he goes to TNA/GFW so I can pretend he doesn't exist.

He wasn't very well used I don't think, started out in NXT, picked up a groin injury, did some commentary for the cruiserweights whilst recovering, then challenged Neville for the title in a good recent feud, cant think of much else he did apart from that.

The injury he received in NXT was a broken orbital socket from Shinsuke's Kinshasa.

Tonight then is the penultimate PPV before Summerslam (tonight, then Battleground, then Summerslam), its the Raw PPV strangely titled Great Balls Of Fire, here's the card

Kick-Off Show

Cruiserweight Championship

Neville (c) v Akira Tozawa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Cass v Enzo Amore

Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) v Dean Ambrose

Raw Tag Team Championship-30 minute Iron Man Match
Sheamus & Cesaro (c) v The Hardy Boyz

Seth Rollins v Bray Wyatt

Raw Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) v Sasha Banks

Ambulance Match
Braun Strowman v Roman Reigns

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Samoa Joe

Pretty stacked card, there could be a few title changes tonight I reckon...

I have two questions for this PPV. Will they kill Braun's push, and will Lesnar win in 50 seconds?

Actually three, how many bits will be left of Enzo at the end of the night?

Back