Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
The Booker T/Cory Graves beef was a work, Booker was a guest on Heated Conversations podcast and they had Cory ring up and they were both laughing about it and how they fooled everyone.

Ivory is to be inducted into this years Hall Of Fame.

Its the big fatal four way match tonight for the final spot in the Elimination Chamber match, however it seems WWE have already given it away when Finn Balor was used in promo picture for the match on WWE.com a couple of days ago...

Well they decided to keep the final entrant until the last minute.

Also, was surprised to find out there was no Cruiserweight moment on the card (or maybe just the highlights skipped it).

There were no Cruiserweights last night.

Sasha v Bayley was good as was the main event, not really a big surprise that they are keeping the final entrant till next week at least, the Braun Strowman with a Cello/Bass bit was gold! :lol:

Fairly interesting rumor going around about the WWE Hall of Fame, mainly that
Jeff Jarrett is a possible inductee this year. Mainly interesting considering the bad blood between both parties and Jarrett's recent issues. Then again, there were major issues between WWE and Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Bruno Sammartino, etc...

I personally think the removal of brand split PPVs is a good thing. Problem has always been the roster to fill up to sell the PPV, as it mostly doesn't change much compared to an ordinary Raw or Smackdown.

However there is a downside, during the later half of the previous brand split, Multi-brand PPVs hardly showed Smackdown in comparison to Raw. WWE needs to avoid this to make the removal a brand split PPVs.

Two big title matches on both sides are now multi person matches, the WWE title match at Fastlane next month is now a fatal five way and the Universal title match is a first ever seven person Elimination Chamber match.

How are they going to do seven person match, three people to start?, can they fit another pod in there?

If so the Cena/Miz match they had on Raw with Miz losing to enter at number one was pointless then, if three start the match....

It's like the Royal rumble and the way they always make a fuss about the guy entering 1st, what about the guy entering 2nd. He's there for just as long as the 1st guy!

Edit: should say competitor seeing as they have a female rumble now too. Doesn't just count in the guys. :lol:

This 7 man Chamber I think is really stupid. WWE just glossing over large numbers. I don't think it'll be like the 40-man Royal Rumble but it stil won't improve on the match.

This 7 man Chamber I think is really stupid. WWE just glossing over large numbers. I don't think it'll be like the 40-man Royal Rumble but it stil won't improve on the match.

The part that has me confused is why they just added both to the match right away when there is still 1 show left until the PPV. Why not have them do a singles match than have something happen where one get's DQ'd or they both get counted out if they wanted to add them both. Granted it would still be stupid, but at least it would seem like they are trying.

The sad thing is, this still makes more sense than whatever it is they are trying to do on Smackdown. It's to the point where AJ doesn't even seem to be a major part of the storyline, and he's the champion!

The part that has me confused is why they just added both to the match right away when there is still 1 show left until the PPV. Why not have them do a singles match than have something happen where one get's DQ'd or they both get counted out if they wanted to add them both. Granted it would still be stupid, but at least it would seem like they are trying.

The sad thing is, this still makes more sense than whatever it is they are trying to do on Smackdown. It's to the point where AJ doesn't even seem to be a major part of the storyline, and he's the champion!
I think the issue is that with the storylines, there is lack of anything relevant for AJ Styles to be doing until Wrestlemania. Dolph has his little comeback, Baron is well doing typical Baron things, Kevin and Sami still having their Drama with Shane and Daniel Bryan. These 4 can collide in a way for the title, issue is what's AJ Styles meant to be doing? He's just waiting until Wrestlemania.

I think the issue is that with the storylines, there is lack of anything relevant for AJ Styles to be doing until Wrestlemania. Dolph has his little comeback, Baron is well doing typical Baron things, Kevin and Sami still having their Drama with Shane and Daniel Bryan. These 4 can collide in a way for the title, issue is what's AJ Styles meant to be doing? He's just waiting until Wrestlemania.

Your probably right. But it still seems like a bad thing for AJ to be such a minor player considering we aren't that far removed from Jinder's lackluster reign. Hopefully he'll play a bigger part once we get closer to Fastlane.

Hopefully they really ramp up promotion of Styles/Nakamura because it deserves to be hammered home.

Fairly interesting rumor going around about the WWE Hall of Fame, mainly that
Jeff Jarrett is a possible inductee this year. Mainly interesting considering the bad blood between both parties and Jarrett's recent issues. Then again, there were major issues between WWE and Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Bruno Sammartino, etc...

UPDATE:

Two big matches on Raw tonight in relation to the Elimination Chamber which is this Sunday, first with the Women's match there will be a six person tag match tonight with Mickie Bayley and Sasha on one team with Alexa Sonya and Mandy on the other.

Then for the Men's match all seven participants in their chamber match will be involved in a gauntlet match tonight.

Raw was dominated by the seven man gauntlet match which filled nearly the first two hours of the show! I'm not kidding they did give that much time and Rollins lasted over an hour pinning Reigns and Cena, Strowman inievitably won which means he wont win the Chamber match on Sunday now.

Only two other matches was Titus and Apollo getting another surprise win over the Raw tag champs and the six Women tag match which closed the show, Hardy v Wyatt has been added to the card on Sunday.

Cultoholic predictions for Elimination Chamber, Ross vs. Adam. My prediction below theirs.

Punishment: Human Statute for a day.

Woken Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt
Ross: Matt Hardy
Adam: Matt Hardy
My Prediction: Bray Wyatt (for the logic that Adam presented to take this to WM)

Asuka vs. Nia Jax
Ross: Asuka
Adam: Asuka
My Prediction: Asuka

Women's Elimination Chamber
Ross: Alexia Bliss
Adam: Bailey
My Prediction: Alexia Bliss

Men's Elimination Chamber
Ross: Reigns
Adam: Rollins
My prediction: Strowman

Expect to see Johnny Gargano on either of the main rosters soon, he had a rematch for Almas's title on NXT last night and if he lost he had to leave NXT, you can probably guess what happened...

If/when he does make the move over I think it will be to Smackdown after Wrestlemania.

I really don't get these Bailey predictions. I just can't see any story for them to get people interested.

I can see Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss even Mickie James (for a "passing of a torch" moment at Wrestlemania) but not Bailey.

Here's the card for Raw's Elimination Chamber tonight.

Kick-Off Show

Gallows & Anderson v The Miztourage

------------------------------------------------------

Bray Wyatt v Matt Hardy

Raw Tag Team Championship
Sheamus & Cesaro (c) v Apollo Crews & Titus O'Neill

Nia Jax v Asuka
(If Nia wins she is added to the Women's title match at Wrestlemania)

Raw Woman's Championship-Elimination Chamber Match
Alexa Bliss (c) v Bayley v Sasha Banks v Mandy Rose v Mickie James v Sonya Deville

Elimination Chamber, Number One Contenders Match
Seth Rollins, Elias, John Cena, Braun Strowman, The Miz, Finn Balor & Roman Reigns

Only five matches for now but they could throw one together tonight, plus the two Chamber matches will likely take up a half hour each.

Back