Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Part of me wants to think that Dean Ambrose leaving WWE is a work, but another part of me believes it. Dean does seem like the person to be fed up with what he's been given, and they've given him a lot of really bad character work.

Eva
Part of me wants to think that Dean Ambrose leaving WWE is a work, but another part of me believes it. Dean does seem like the person to be fed up with what he's been given, and they've given him a lot of really bad character work.
He really has become another victim of the "too much talent and not enough ideas" phase of the roster split. Seems like the only reason they bothered to keep him around the last year or two was so they could keep teasing Shield reunions when the booing for Roman got too loud to cover up.

Seems the Lucha Bros (Pentagon & Fenix Jr.) are almost a sure thing for AEW after they shook hands with the Young Bucks at a recent event. Thursday should be very interesting.

Eva
Dean does seem like the person to be fed up with what he's been given, and they've given him a lot of really bad character work.

It really is a shame too since the whole "lunatic fringe" thing is a great concept but they've done absolutely nothing with it besides talk about it on commentary. Don't just talk about how mentally unstable he is, show me! He should be as close to a Brian Pillman bat:censored: crazy type character as you can get on a PG show and we haven't even gotten close to that (at least in the 2 years I've been watching).

Becky Lynch is 'suspended' after attacking Stephanie McMahon on Raw last night, Steph suspended Becky after she refused to let doctors look at her knee.

WWE will be going back Saudi Arabia on May 3rd.

Back to the Dean Ambrose thing, isn't it weird that they mentioned his contract issues on the website but there was no mention of Hideo Itami asking for and then granted his release?!

So this is interesting. Looking somewhat like ol' Deady Dead Deadman is finally done in the ring.

*of course, this is likely subject to change come WrestleMania 35. 33 should've been the swansong, 34 at the latest.

So 3 big takeaways from tonight's AEW press conference.

1) Kenny and the Lucha Bros. were both confirmed. Kenny was listed as "Executive Vice President" and had a brief fight with Jericho. The Lucha Bros. jumped the Young Bucks.

2) They've signed a deal with AAA. This seems to have much more potential than the deal with OWE.

3) AEW is going to have a horrible women's division at the beginning. Considering all the talent from the MYC that didn't get signed by the WWE it seems they could have done better than what they've announced so far.

Double or Nothing should be a great show and will hopefully get the momentum going in the right direction for when they launch their normal programming.

Current Card:
Adam Page Vs. Pac (Confirmed)
SCU Vs. two OWE wrestlers (Confirmed)

And going by what happened tonight:
Chris Jericho vs. Kenny Omega II
Lucha Bros. vs. The Young Bucks

So 3 big takeaways from tonight's AEW press conference.
3) AEW is going to have a horrible women's division at the beginning. Considering all the talent from the MYC that didn't get signed by the WWE it seems they could have done better than what they've announced so far.

Is it because of Aja Kong likely murdering everyone for funsies?

Going to Chicago today saw two WWE trucks before Michigan City Indiana. Think they’re going to Grand Rapids because the next Raw is there on the 11th.

Dean Ambrose will face Nia Jax in an inter-gender match at a live event coming up.

So they're not only going to bury him on his way out, but also literally injure him? :odd::P

Edit: Also, Fenix was injured at a show last night, but it sounds like he should be ok in time for Double or Nothing.

So, New Japan held the last of this year's New Beginning shows last night/today depending on timezones.

I mention this because
Jay White is the new IWGP Heavyweight Champion. Fair few parallels to Okada's first IWGP Title win.

He is a year younger than me. I'm gonna silently cry in the corner.

Vince has Becky Lynch suspended for 60 days which means she will miss Wrestlemania, and Charlotte will take her place v Rousey, it's all storyline of course (...isn't it?!) but it was a real curveball at the end of Raw.

We have new Raw tag champs and two more matches made for EC this Sunday, which were made before Raw went on air.

Rumor is AEW will do monthly shows starting with Double or Nothing until October when the weekly TV show will begin.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2019/2/12/18222260/aew-reported-schedule-plans

Honestly I'm not so sure it's a good idea considering how small the roster currently is. It seems like there is a pretty good possibility that they could blow through all the marque matches before the promotion even reaches the actual starting line.

Rumor is AEW will do monthly shows starting with Double or Nothing until October when the weekly TV show will begin.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2019/2/12/18222260/aew-reported-schedule-plans

Honestly I'm not so sure it's a good idea considering how small the roster currently is. It seems like there is a pretty good possibility that they could blow through all the marque matches before the promotion even reaches the actual starting line.
I'm personally a bit alarmed that they don't have any creative staff. It doesn't seem very well glued together right now for a TV show to come out of it.

Eva
I'm personally a bit alarmed that they don't have any creative staff. It doesn't seem very well glued together right now for a TV show to come out of it.

My understanding is that they will still have people laying out feud's, but there just won't be the overbearing writers we see in WWE. Granted I really see no problem with having a writer or two backstage since not everyone is good in the promo category (Scott Steiner is a great example).

That is something that does concern me though, they've made quite a few grandiose claims that really aren't as good as they seem when digging deeper (like the health insurance thing) or have yet to elaborate on what exactly they mean about said claims (like the "equal pay" thing).

Mustafa Ali out of the WWE title Chamber match because of the little injuries he has picked in the last few weeks, Kofi Kingston replaces him and was given a push in the Gauntlet match on Smackdown last night, lasting over an hour and pinning Champ Daniel Bryan in the process.

No Becky on SD last night to keep the story going.

My understanding is that they will still have people laying out feud's, but there just won't be the overbearing writers we see in WWE. Granted I really see no problem with having a writer or two backstage since not everyone is good in the promo category (Scott Steiner is a great example).
There's a hundred forty one and two-thirds chance that you're wrong about that.

Jimmy Uso was arrested in Detroit today after he was pulled over by Police for driving on the wrong side of the road, he reportedly squared up to the officers after they asked Naomi to get out of the car. officers reported that the car smelt of booze.

Undertaker has announced and appearance at Starrcade II convention in Vegas...during the same weekend as Double Or Nothing!

The 2020 Royal Rumble will be at Minute Maid Park in Houston (with TakeOver, Raw & SmackDown presumably taking place at Toyota Center where this weekends Elimination Chamber is being held).

Here is the card for Elimination Chamber tonight.

Kick-off Show

Cruiserweight Championship

Buddy Murphy (c) v Akira Tozawa

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No Disqualification Match
Braun Strowman v Baron Corbin

Intercontinental Championship-Handicap Match
Bobby Lashley (c) & Lio Rush v Finn Balor

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Shane McMahon & The Miz (c) v The Usos

Raw Women's Championship
Ronda Rousey (c) v Ruby Riott

Women's Tag Team Championship-Elimination Chamber Match
Sasha Banks & Bayley, The IIconics , Nia Jax & Tamina, Naomi & Carmella, Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan, Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose.

WWE Championship-Elimination Chamber Match
Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Away from the show tonight, the Becky/Charlotte thing took another turn last night as the 'suspended' Becky interfered in a match between Charlotte and Asuka at a live event, Charlotte attacked Becky's Knee with a chair, re-injuring it.

Cory Graves' Wife has accused him of having an affair with Carmella, she posted it in an Intsagram post which was deleted, social media picked up on it and it all kicked off last night with both Carmella and Graves trending on UK Twitter, neither Carmella or Graves have commented yet.

Chyna is going to be in the Hall Of Fame!

Surprised no-one has posted about the show last night, I quite enjoyed it, both Chamber matches were fantastic, Kofi was superb and deserves a title shot at WM, Women's tag titles was z great moment and the right team won.

Away from the Chamber matches, I'm beyond caring about the whole Strowman/Corbin thing, Usos winning the SD tag titles and having Miz/Shane drop them so soon was a surprise, the Becky/Charlotte/Ronda thing was cool but it was a waste of Ruby Riott.

Interesting Raw last night. Four NXT guys made their main roster debut, Ricochet was in a tag match with Finn Balor against Lio Rush and Lashley, Gargano and Ciampa had a DIY reunion to take on the Revival and Aleister Black faced Elias.

It was very curious and quite strange that they decided to do this now seven weeks before Wrestlemaina, it seems like a one off as Gargano and Ciampa had their NXT belts with them.

Another thing about Raw was that the crowd were one of worst I have seen or heard, they were completely dead. Bayley and Sasha gave a very good and emotional promo and it was like they were doing it in a library.

Interesting Raw last night. Four NXT guys made their main roster debut, Ricochet was in a tag match with Finn Balor against Lio Rush and Lashley, Gargano and Ciampa had a DIY reunion to take on the Revival and Aleister Black faced Elias.

It was very curious and quite strange that they decided to do this now seven weeks before Wrestlemaina, it seems like a one off as Gargano and Ciampa had their NXT belts with them.

Another thing about Raw was that the crowd were one of worst I have seen or heard, they were completely dead. Bayley and Sasha gave a very good and emotional promo and it was like they were doing it in a library.

Oh that crowd was amazing last night. Not excited for much of anything. I usually see people complaining online about dead crowds when I can clearly hear them making noise and having fun, but this one was just plain asleep all show. It almost made me wonder if something happened before the show to suck all of the life out of the building, but they had chances to get it back yet they couldn't seem to stay excited for more than ten seconds.

On the other hand, all the new recruits gave a quite good showing of themselves(despite no smoke and a lousy camera angle for Aleister Black's entrance itself). Overall it seemed to be a pretty decent show but watching it was rather an odd experience.

Back