Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,245 comments
Peruvian flag saw at the kick-off show... PERU C...!! xDDD

tenor.gif

Naomi is back with a killer look, that's what really counts.

Charlotte winning does not fill me with excitement for WrestleMania.

You know things are not going well when the crowd doesn't even do the countdown. :scared:

Edit: Lesnar is finally out.

Last edited:
Drew wins!!!! :eek:

Still one of lousiest Rumble's I've seen, but at least the winner wasn't the one everyone thought was going to win.

Loved the rumble glad Drew got his win just wished there were more surprises besides just the NXT guys, MVP and Edge.

There were 2 Men's Royal Rumbles yesterday.

1.- Lesnar and a massive, boring burial of talented wrestlers that deserve more than being jobbers to the Mercenary Incarnate.

and...

2.- OMG EDGE OMG DREW WINS OMG RATED RKO OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the show. It gives me hope for the future.

Right then, so from the top....

Had no problem with the Shorty G-Sheamus match being on the pre-show as it shouldn't have been on the main card in the first place, however I thought the US title match was very good and was wasted on the pre-show, and I'm getting more impressed with Humberto Carillo every time I see him.

I thought the falls count anywhere match was a great start to the show, it was just chaos and I loved it!, Having Reigns pin Corbin on the dugouts was pretty cool, I hope that the end of that feud now!

Next was the Women's Rumble match and I thought it was great with some nice moments, this match was all about two women for me. First it was Bianca Belair who put in a superb performance and breaking the record for most eliminations with eight (previous record was five by Michelle McCool) this match made Belair, second women was Beth Phoenix who was bleeding heavily from the back of her head but still put in a brilliant performance eliminating five and hitting two Glam-Slams. Beth Phoenix is a Warrior! Only bad things from that match was Santina Marella (what were they thinking??) and the winner, Charlotte is a ten-time Women's Champion and just didn't need to win, I would have much rather have had someone like Carmella win it, or Natalya.

Next up was the Smackdown women's title match, both Bayley and Lacey had a tough job to follow up from the Rumble match and the crowd were dead, it was an OK match but nothing special, but I have been really impressed with Lacey lately, when you think a back to her feud with Becky Lynch last year and how bad she was compared to now, I think she is one of the most improved wrestlers on the rosters.

Next was the Universal title match and for me match of the night, it was brilliant, no stupid red lighting and it told a story which was believable it was Bray's best performance as the Fiend to date but Daniel Bryan was amazing, he put so much into that match and got absolutely battered by the Fiend, his back was red raw and he was bleeding from both arms, and it proves again that Bryan can have a great match with anyone.

The Raw women's title match was very good with two really good performances from Becky and Asuka, it didn't really go to the next level for me though and I wouldn't say it was a great match but the right person won and Becky got retribution.

And then there was the Men's Royal Rumble match, the first half of which was pretty bad, just 16 guys being sacrificed to Brock Lensar, it was a complete waste of their talents, especially for Nakamura, Morrison, Cesaro and MVP, who they brought back just for those 10 seconds or so!, Keith Lee made an impression though and of course Brock was eventually eliminated by McIntyre, Edge's return was incredible and it got an amazing pop, I think we all knew he was coming back but its still great to have him back, not much else to report on this match apart from the winner and the right person won absolutely! Congrats to Drew, its well deserved after working so hard since his release in 2014, he is the first ever British winner of the Royal Rumble match.

Cant think of anything else to report, apart from it was a really enjoyable show. 👍

A couple of things.

Sasha Banks wasn't in the Women's Rumble as she reportedly has an ankle injury and wasn't cleared to compete, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay were not involved also but no reason has been give for that yet.

Matt Riddle and Brock had a verbal altercation backstage before the show that got a little heated.

Tom Philips will replace Vic Joseph as lead commentator on Raw, he took over from Vic last night, no reason has been given as to why and Vic is still with the company.

Raw tonight.

Edge returns to the show (looks like he is on Raw not Smackdown) Rollins and Murphy put their tag titles on the line against KO and Samoa Joe and Drew and Charlotte pick which champions they will face at Wrestlemania.

Styles is presumably out for a while with a separated shoulder stemming from taking a spear from Edge (which in 2020 is a weird and wonderful sentence to say) and Andrade is suspended for violating the Wellness Policy.

Also, yeah Edge/Orton a near-lock for Wrestlemania AAAARGH

I would have preffered John Cena rather than Orton to have those sweeet 2006 Vibes, but man...!! Nostalgia coming!! ♥

That ending to Raw! My God it was good!!!

Probably the best segment on Raw for a very long time, Orton was amazing!

Andrade has been suspended by WWE for violating the Wellness Policy, which is WWE speak for he failed a drugs test, its a 30-day unpaid suspension which would explain why he got attacked by Humberto Carillo last night and he took a DDT on the concrete floor, this could be used to write him out for those 30 days, he hasn't dropped the belt and I don't know if he needs too.

Braun Strowman is the new Intercontinental champions after beating Shinsuke Nakamura on Smackdown last night, its his first single title in WWE, Nakamura held the title since July but only defended it four times including last night.

Baron Corbin got covered in dog food after his team lost a six-man tag against Reigns and the Usos, remember when Smackdown on Fox was supposed to be more 'sport oriented' ?!

Braun Strowman is the new Intercontinental champions after beating Shinsuke Nakamura on Smackdown last night, its his first single title in WWE, Nakamura held the title since July but only defended it four times including last night.

Baron Corbin got covered in dog food after his team lost a six-man tag against Reigns and the Usos, remember when Smackdown on Fox was supposed to be more 'sport oriented' ?!

tenor.gif

:lol::lol:

Raw tonight, a rematch between Liv Morgan and Lana, Randy Orton addresses his actions last week and an interesting looking triple threat match between Ricochet, Bobby Lashley and Seth Rollins where the winner will face Lesnar for the title at Super Showdown in Saudi later this month.

I like the selection of guys in that triple threat.

Ricochet will face Brock Lesnar for the WWE title at Super Showdown in three weeks after winning the triple threat match in the main event last night, Lesnar immediately F5'ed Ricochet after the match.

Ruby Riott returned following shoulder surgery and attacked Liv Morgan after Morgan picked up another easy win over Lana.

NXT Women's Champion Rhea Ripley made an appearance to challenge Charlotte for her title at Wrestlemania, Charlotte will respond on NXT this Wednesday.

Former Cruiserweight champion Angel Garza made his Raw debut taking on Rey Mysterio, he appeared with Zelina Vega to possibly replace Andrade whilst he serves his suspension, Garza was initially meant to take on Carillo but after Vega announced that Garza was Carillo's cousin Garza then attacked him, Mysterio made the save then they had the match which ended with Mysterio being DDT on the concrete floor.

Raw was in Salt Lake last night which was the victim of a big blizzard and that did show as there were a few technical issues but nothing major, kudos to the crowd for packing out the arena despite the weather.

Back