Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
WWE have confirmed the signings of Killer Kross and Timothy Thatcher.

Now I don't always mention on this thread when WWE have made some signings but given the reaction to these two particular signees joining the company I though I'd give it a mention as the reaction has been huge! I don't really watch Wrestling outside of WWE so I'm not that well informed but these two guys must be big stars.

Three matches made for Super Showdown following Smackdown last night, Miz and Morrison v New Day for the tag titles, Reigns v Corbin yet again but in a steel cage and The Fiend v Goldberg for the Universal title after Goldberg challenged him last night, Carmella is number one contender for the women's title after winning a fatal four way last night.

The stadium in which it will be held is still being built but I have seen pictures of what it will look like once finished and it looks fantastic.

Raw was pretty good last night, looks like Shayna Baszler will be challenging for Becky's title at WM after she attacked Becky after her successful title defence against Asuka, weirdly Shayna bit Becky on the back of her neck which caused a lot of blood (most likely from a capsule) even more weirdly Becky then drove herself in the ambulance to the hospital and drove it back to the arena to give a promo.

Other stuff, Randy Orton attacked Matt Hardy and hit the con-chair-to on him like he did with Edge two weeks ago, Buddy Murphy is the latest victim to WWE's name changing and he is now called Murphy, both himself, Rollins and AOP beat a returning Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens and the Viking Raiders in an eight-man tag main event, I wish this storyline would finish now.

WWE have announced a six-man Gauntlet match for Super Showdown, the winner will win a trophy called 'Tuwaiq Mountain Trophy' and taking part will be R-Truth, Erick Rowan, Rusev, Lashley, AJ Styles and Andrade.

I feel that AJ would win that with the OC having the Best Tag Team in the World trophy.

Also, The Rock's daughter Simone will be joining WWE soon.

Looks like Matt Hardy is down with WWE for now at least, his contract is up next month and he has posted a goodbye video on YouTube earlier, it seems the attack from Orton last night is a way of writing him off WWE TV.

Its been rumoured for a while that he will join AEW.

John Cena returns to WWE on Smackdown on the 28th, the day after Super Showdown.

The Universal title picture over on Smackdown is looking interesting. Fiend, Goldberg, Reigns and maybe now Cena being talked about to win title at Wrestlemania.

Word going around that Jushin Liger and the Bella Twins are being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year, Tony Garea as a possible Legacy Wing member as well.

Smackdown was good last night, a good Women's title match between Bayley and Carmella in which Bayley cheated to win, Bayley then attacked Carmella after the match and Naomi made the save, Bayley will defend her title at Super Showdown which is a big deal to have a women's match in Saudi Arabia, only Lacey and Natalya had a match there so far, Carmella and Naomi will square off next week and the winner will face Bayley.

In the main event Reigns and Daniel Bryan beat Miz and Morrison, Corbin attacked Reigns after, Hulk Hogan made an a appearance to build NWO HOF induction and to talk about Fiend v Goldberg but then Bray popped up in his Firefly Funhouse. There was a great musical segment involving Elias, Sami Zayn and Cesaro that was a lot of fun!

Also it was supposed to be Otis and Mandy Rose's big date but Dolph Ziggler got himself involved and went on the date with her instead, which now makes him the most hated man in WWE!

So there is Wrestling on tonight, its NXT Takeover Portland and here is the card.

Street Fight
Teagan Nox v Dakota Kai

Finn Balor v Johnny Gargano

NXT North American Championship
Keith Lee (c) v Dominik Dijakovic

NXT Tag Team Championship
Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly (c) v Matt Riddle & Pete Dunne

NXT Women's Championship
Rhea Ripley (c) v Bianca Belair

NXT Championship
Adam Cole (c) v Tommaso Ciampa

That....is probably the best card in the history of NXT Takeovers!!

Styles/Undertaker and Cena/Elias might happen. So far, we're looking at, in addition to those two:

Lesnar/McIntyre (confirmed), Fiend/Reigns, Bayley/Naomi, Lynch/Bazler, Ripley/Flair

What an amazing Takeover show that was, arguably one of the best ever!

So many incredible matches that its hard to pick one for match of the night, the only downer was the end to the street fight as I didn't know who that women was until I found out via Twitter, for a few minutes I thought it was Sonya De Ville because it looked like her! But that was the only issue I had as it was a superb show.

We've got new tag champs in Riddle and Dunne, and having Gargano turn on Ciampa by hitting him with the belt during his title match is the start of another chapter in the greatest WWE storyline in the last 10 years.

Also Cathy Kelly has now left WWE, she announced on Friday that she was leaving after four years and that Takeover would be her last night, it seems like it was her own decision, she will be missed.

Raw wasn't great last night sadly with nothing that's really newsworthy to take from the show, Randy Orton was once again magnificent as a sadistic heel, he was scheduled to have a no holds barred match with Matt Hardy but Hardy wasn't cleared to compete instead Hardy confronted him in the ring (whilst wearing a neck brace) which led to Orton attacking him with a con-chair-to on the steel steps, not once but twice.

We havent really talked about it but Elimination Chamber PPV is set for March 8th, last night before Raw a Women's chamber match was announced with Asuka, Sarah Logan, Liv Morgan, Ruby Riott, Shayna Baszler and Natalya taking part, the winner will face Becky Lynch for Raw Women's title at WM. I think we can all correctly guess the winner of this considering Shayna attacked Becky last week. That is the only match made so far but there will probably be a men's chamber match, maybe with the winner facing Universal champion...

I've heard the Bella twins will be in the hall of fame this year too, and the Bella's will be back on WWE on Smackdown tonight.

Its also reported that WWE plan to open a performance centre in Japan.

So apparently Dave Meltzer is reporting WrstleMania 36 will, including the pre-show, be looking at a runtime total of ten hours.

Not a typo. TEN HECKING HOURS.

I've heard the Bella twins will be in the hall of fame this year

Yeah, it's true, before Christian or other legends, these Kardashian wannabes will be inducted...

giphy.gif

In other news, if you are a fan of Fire and Desire, you better start watching all their videos you can find, because after yesterday's Smackdown, Sonya and Mandy will split up when Otis-Mandy's storyline ends.

I believe in you Otis!! :cheers:. Recover your peach in name of all of us!! :lol::lol:

giphy.gif

A friendly reminder that Super Showdown is this Thursday, its awkward timing for me because I'm in work so cant watch it live.

Brock Lesnar will be on Raw tonight, plus Angel Garza v Humberto Carillo and Aleister Black v Erick Rowan.

NXT celebrated its 10th birthday yesterday and the WWE Network is six years old today.

A friendly reminder that Super Showdown is this Thursday, its awkward timing for me because I'm in work so cant watch it live.

Brock Lesnar will be on Raw tonight, plus Angel Garza v Humberto Carillo and Aleister Black v Erick Rowan.

NXT celebrated its 10th birthday yesterday and the WWE Network is six years old today.
I'll be in school when SS starts. Guess I'm gonna have to watch it Friday on my breaks.

Rusev is out of the Gauntlet match at Super Showdown, its been reported that it is because of the fact that he hasn't signed a new contract, so no Saudi money for Rusev this time and the events there pay huge, he has been replaced in the match by Rey Mysterio.

Beth Phoenix will be on Raw next week to give an update on Edge.

Here is the card for Super Showdown tomorrow.

Kick-Off Show.

The Viking Raiders v Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mansoor v Dolph Ziggler

Humberto Carillo v Angel Garza

Smackdown Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Naomi

Raw Tag Team Championship
Seth Rollins & Murphy v The Street Profits

Tuwaiq Mountain Trophy Gauntlet Match
Andrade, Bobby Lashley, Erick Rowan, AJ Styles, R-Truth, Rey Mysterio

Steel Cage Match
Roman Reigns v Baron Corbin

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) v John Morrison & The Miz

Universal Championship
'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt (c) v Goldberg

WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Ricochet

The Undertaker has travelled to Saudi Arabia and will most likely be involved too.

Away from the show, Samoa Joe has been suspended for 30 days for failing a drugs test and Charlotte will wrestle on NXT tonight against Bianca Belair.

Back