Does your car sound similar in game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NissanGTR07
  • 70 comments
  • 5,826 views

NissanGTR07

(Banned)
Messages
27
United States
Los Santos
If you drive a car in real life and its in gran turismo 5, does it sound the same in game?
 
Some cars do like the nissan gtr but others are way off their real sounds.
 
Subaru Impreza exhaust sounds horribly fake in GT5; it is the most nonsensical bunch of noise I've ever heard come out the back end of one. :grumpy:

Seriously, I actually don't like driving my Impreza's much due to the abomination of a sound that they have given the Imprezas :grumpy:

I absolutely love GT5 but come on PD, how can GTA IV have a better & more realistic Subaru Impreza sound for their Sultan??? :(
 
I have a Nissan 370Z and I was surprised at how much it does sound like the stock exhaust.
 
Subaru here too and.. surprise No it doesn't sound like it at all really.. I have recently added a back box to my IRL(Legacy GT-b twin turbo) car and it sounds amazing and in game nothing sounds right on any of the scoobys.. even the 22b doesn't come close.
 
my subaru sounds pretty much spot on in GT5
 
my subaru sounds pretty much spot on in GT5

:grumpy:
What dream are you living in? I know for sure that the Impreza Sedan WRX '00, Impreza sedan WRX '02 & Spec C, Impreza WRX Spec C '05, Impreza WRX STI Hatch '07 and all their respective rally car & prodrive counterparts DO NOT produce the distinct & famous boxer growl that we see in real life and sadly Need for Speed & Juiced games :(

One major thing that I love about the Impreza (IRL) is the unique, ridiculous growl that I get given from the exhuast & engine. It's a shame PD have never been able to recreate it in "The REAL driving simulator" :(
 
I've owned a few cars that are in GT and I've driven a few more, none of them sound like the real life car, they all sound like computer game sounds and would never convince me I'm driving the real thing. There is one exception and that's the mazda RX-7.
 
C5 Z06 is pretty much spot on
 
'97 Z28 is fairly close while idling even though it must be an ancient sample. Just lacking a little bass, at least on my stereo. Unfortunately, at some point you do have to hit the gas pedal :( .
 
Toyota Vitz/Yaris 1.3: completely different than the real model, the idling sound especially.
 
My last car (Honda civic typeR 1998) in GT5 the sound is way off...my current car (toyota MR-S) doesnt really sound the same either
 
The Subaru Impreza premium version is pretty good on stock exhaust. Best thing to do is if u have a home theater, is to turn up the bass, and the sound. Its pretty good, but don't go above 3000 RPM it losses everything then.
 
HELL NO. Not even close.
 
:grumpy:
What dream are you living in?

eh...

obviously the speakers on my TV don't resonate like the de-catted 3" pipe on my B4 but the basic noise is the same.

Also the M3 sounds like an M3.
 
When I walk around in photo mode, I don't hear any footsteps. :lol:
 
Watt2159
When I walk around in photo mode, I don't hear any footsteps. :lol:

Maybe the photographer is in a wheelchair or something. How do you know?
 
I had a '93 Suburban which is not ingame, but the Camaro SS '02 has a similar engine, and it does sound a lot like my old burb. Then again, it's a 350, and all 350s sound almost the same.

Subaru Impreza exhaust sounds horribly fake in GT5; it is the most nonsensical bunch of noise I've ever heard come out the back end of one. :grumpy:

Seriously, I actually don't like driving my Impreza's much due to the abomination of a sound that they have given the Imprezas :grumpy:

I absolutely love GT5 but come on PD, how can GTA IV have a better & more realistic Subaru Impreza sound for their Sultan??? :(

The old Imprezas sound somewhat accurate. Try the 22B for instance. And the Spec C type RA sounds exactly like the real thing. But take in consideration that you have to leave the stock exhaust.
 
I drive an X-runner IRL and it doesnt sound the same either. What a shame.
 
Nah, the aventador in the game sounds nothing like my rl aventador :)

Most cars in the game sound like white noise. Some have a flange effect, which sounds weird. And some cars do sound kick ass.
 
It is a Nissan.
PD motto is Nissan first.

The Skylines don't really sound that accurate sometimes, and i've heard hundreds of them in real life (i own two, a turbo and a non-turbo, and have driven two GT-R's).

The R32 GTS-t is probably the worst. The RB20DET in my real Skyline (exactly the same engine) sounds a massive amount better.

It's my bigest pet peeve with the game, as the car sounds are what keep you playing, and so many aren't accurate. Forza sometimes does a much better job.
 
The Lancer Evolution IV,

The startup: yes
Driving: no

The sound is too pinched, and sounds too much like a hairdryer.
 


I don't need to watch that vid. With both newer Imprezas, either the coupe or sedan, I totally agree with you. The game tries to mimic the sound but it's too weak, and artificial.

But I hold my position with the premium Spec C and first gen Imprezas in the game. They do sound much more accurate. Specially the premium Spec C.
 
eh...

obviously the speakers on my TV don't resonate like the de-catted 3" pipe on my B4 but the basic noise is the same.

Also the M3 sounds like an M3.

1315423900403.jpg
 
My MR2 doesn't sound like the one in-game. Hell, the car wasn't even modeled properly. It looks like they drew up the engine lid from memory. There are cars that have been recorded (which wind up with their respective sound assigned), and those engine sounds are given to all engines of a similar size. Almost all bb V8 engines share the same sound, almost all 2.0L 4 cylinders share the same sound, almost all sub-liter engines share the same sound, etc.

If PD had to record these engines through their rev range at varying throttle input and upload hundreds of sound clips into the game, we'd still be waiting for release. Hopefully we'll have a smaller and higher quality car list in GT6. We don't need 29 Miata and 53 Skyline models hogging space that could be allocated to quality.
 
Back