Does your car sound similar in game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NissanGTR07
  • 70 comments
  • 5,826 views
JBanton
Subaru Impreza exhaust sounds horribly fake in GT5; it is the most nonsensical bunch of noise I've ever heard come out the back end of one. :grumpy:

Seriously, I actually don't like driving my Impreza's much due to the abomination of a sound that they have given the Imprezas :grumpy:

I absolutely love GT5 but come on PD, how can GTA IV have a better & more realistic Subaru Impreza sound for their Sultan??? :(

I thought sultans were mitsubishi lancers.....
 
I think the Integra DC5 Type R sounds similar to real life. Being a Honda guy, it's the most 'Hondaish' sounding car in the game in my opinion.
 
Your TV's speakers are fine, even if they're from 1980. All a sound system does is give you the glorious sound of a vacuum cleaner slightly more clearly and with a little more bass. That's it.

If someone can record a video of the speakers while playing GT5, and it sounds much, much, better, than I will gladly change my mind (and my speakers). :)
 
Your TV's speakers are fine, even if they're from 1980. All a sound system does is give you the glorious sound of a vacuum cleaner slightly more clearly and with a little more bass. That's it.

If someone can record a video of the speakers while playing GT5, and it sounds much, much, better, than I will gladly change my mind (and my speakers). :)

Well, if they were much much better, you would still be hearing that improved sound through your awful speakers and never know the difference :sly:
 
I had a '93 Suburban which is not ingame, but the Camaro SS '02 has a similar engine, and it does sound a lot like my old burb. Then again, it's a 350, and all 350s sound almost the same.

Correction: it's a 347, better known as an LS1. My guess is that the 350 and LS1 should sound quite similar, though.
 
I have driven an Audi R8 in real life and the GT5 sound is nothing like it. Forza on the other hand is as close as you could expect a video game to get to it. The R8 has a very distinct engine noise compared to a Ferrari or Lambo for example.

The sounds of GT5 have stopped me playing it now I've experienced Forza 4.
 
The EP3 Civic Tpe-R '01 and the Integra Type-R '01 have fairly accurate exhaust sounds. PD have got at least a couple of sounds correct :)
 
The EP3 Civic Tpe-R '01 and the Integra Type-R '01 have fairly accurate exhaust sounds. PD have got at least a couple of sounds correct :)

Too bad they're sounds no one wants to hear...
 
I have driven an Audi R8 in real life and the GT5 sound is nothing like it. Forza on the other hand is as close as you could expect a video game to get to it. The R8 has a very distinct engine noise compared to a Ferrari or Lambo for example.

The sounds of GT5 have stopped me playing it now I've experienced Forza 4.

I played forza 4 and the engine sounds are amazing but in my opinion, I like gran turismo 5 driving better but hopefully in GT6, they will improve the sounds so they PD could actually compete with NFS and Forza in the sound category because GT has them beat in visuals and physics of the cars and too me that is important but so is engine sounds and sometimes I play NFS: Shift just to hear the great engine sounds.
 
Engine sounds are a MAJOR part of the driving experience. It's difficult to get immersed in the game if the car your driving sounds unrealistic!

The Suzuki GSX-R/4 is a perfect example....it has a Suzuki Hyabusa engine, the Gran Turismo sound is more like a RC Car!?:odd:
I'm sure there is ALOT more PD can do to improve in this area!
R*
 
Engine sounds are a MAJOR part of the driving experience. It's difficult to get immersed in the game if the car your driving sounds unrealistic!

The Suzuki GSX-R/4 is a perfect example....it has a Suzuki Hyabusa engine, the Gran Turismo sound is more like a RC Car!?:odd:
I'm sure there is ALOT more PD can do to improve in this area!
R*

I agree with you and that's why I think PD should improve the engine sounds so people like me don't have to play other racing games such as Midnight Club LA, NFS Shift and Grid just to hear the engine sounds. Hopefully GT6 will have only premium cars, more customization, improved engine sounds and more a-spec events. I am willing to wait 5 years if the wait is worth it, if GT6 has everything GT5 should of have.
 
No - not even close, my car in real life is loud. It pops and bangs on the overrun and sounds amazing in real life.

In the game it sounds okay, but nothing like the real thing!!
 
I used to own a WRX and an SRT 4. Both sound nothing like they do in real life. :(

Sucks because I waited a while for the SRT to cycle through the UCD, and when I finally got one I was really disappointed. I still buy them whenever they pop up though. :)
 
my subaru sounds pretty much spot on in GT5

I have an '09 2.5i, which has a little bit of a boxer growl from in the cabin. I test drove a 2010 WRX a while ago, I also think the newer premium Subarus in GT5 sound very realistic w/ stock exhaust, especially in cockpit.

Here's a vid of my Subaru.. Going up the hill and just starting out in vid you can hear the car. I have a 7.1 Yamaha home theater though, and I hear lots of bass through the subwoofer in this vid, and in GT5.


http://www.ps3youtube.com/v/same-as-other-subaru-impreza-2-5i-2009-hill-climb-vid-u7DUfsIYJKY

 
Well the only car I can compare my car (Mustang '08) is the Mustang GT '07, and it sounds like it's at least 70% right 👍.
 
HuskyGT
I had a '93 Suburban which is not ingame, but the Camaro SS '02 has a similar engine, and it does sound a lot like my old burb. Then again, it's a 350, and all 350s sound almost the same.

Your old Suburban had an iron-block 350 ci LT series engine. The '97 Camaro Z28 in GT5 would be the closest match. The '00 Camaro has an aluminum-block 347 ci LS series engine. They're actually pretty dissimilar engines, and IMO in RL, they sound very different.

As to the OP: I don't think VW VR6 engines in GT5 sound as good as they do in RL. In the game, the sound is missing the throaty burbling undertones of the real thing. Or maybe my TV has crappy speakers...
 
I drive a tuned Subaru Impreza P1 ( A UK only limited edition 2 door shell like the 22B ) , the closest car to it is the 22B and they do even sound close , the 22B dose not even sound like a 22B either!
 
:grumpy:
What dream are you living in? I know for sure that the Impreza Sedan WRX '00, Impreza sedan WRX '02 & Spec C, Impreza WRX Spec C '05, Impreza WRX STI Hatch '07 and all their respective rally car & prodrive counterparts DO NOT produce the distinct & famous boxer growl that we see in real life and sadly Need for Speed & Juiced games :(

One major thing that I love about the Impreza (IRL) is the unique, ridiculous growl that I get given from the exhuast & engine. It's a shame PD have never been able to recreate it in "The REAL driving simulator" :(

May i ask have you HEARD any of thees cars in real life up close, * Not drive by etc. or on the TV / you tube.. Every one hates on the Muscle cars noises saying they sound like Vacuum's but my mach one in game sounds 100% like the one parked outside my house , watching a car on you tube or watching gone pass by is not by any means a good reference , heck my uncles Evo sounds like a vacuum cleaner when your inside.. not saying ALL of the cars are spot on but some cars in your list sound really good.
 
:grumpy:
What dream are you living in? I know for sure that the Impreza Sedan WRX '00, Impreza sedan WRX '02 & Spec C, Impreza WRX Spec C '05, Impreza WRX STI Hatch '07 and all their respective rally car & prodrive counterparts DO NOT produce the distinct & famous boxer growl that we see in real life and sadly Need for Speed & Juiced games :(

One major thing that I love about the Impreza (IRL) is the unique, ridiculous growl that I get given from the exhuast & engine. It's a shame PD have never been able to recreate it in "The REAL driving simulator" :(

The STi in the game is JDM. It is different than the USDM STI we have here. They do not have boxer rumble since they have equal length headers.
 
Don't western Impreza STi models have a 2.5 engine instead of a 2.0?
 
oohhh yeah
The STi in the game is JDM. It is different than the USDM STI we have here. They do not have boxer rumble since they have equal length headers.

They do have an UEL header rumble at lower rpms. Once you start pushing it the sound evens out and gets high pitched. The headers make the rumble, not the horizontally opposed pistons.
 
I have a feeling that the sound of the engine while it's shifting plays a big role in making a car sound bad. With manuals, all you have to do is press a button, and it will (unrealistically) shift up like a DSG gearbox. If you have a wheel with a clutch, it is somewhat improved...
 
Not even close, I have a 95 Z28 (Magnaflow cat-back) and 95 Trans Am (Hooker cat-back) and my cars sound so much better and ballzy than the 97 Z28 in the game. I find it frustrating PD assigned hoover vacuum cleaner noise to the V8 LT1s and LS1s.

http://www.ls1sounds.com/magnaflow.htm
 
Last edited:
The X2010 in the game DOES NOT have a resembling sound as the one in my garage. Great job, PD! >:l
 
After hearing a friend thrashing his 1.2 Fiat 500 courtesy car, I gotta say the PD crew did a wonderful job recording the exact sound of an overstressed 1.2 :dopey:
 
I drive a 2007 Mustang GT, the in-game sound for a stock one is fairly accurate.
 
Back