Drift Stage

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 423 comments
Very interesting, I am liking these develpments. Just asking out of curiosity, where is this "dev diary" you speak of? I am eager to read that article. Can't wait to see people playing the beta, and seeing what has been improved.

Also, congrats on your purchases, especially that album, how is it?

The dev diary is in the backers forum. Chase updates it every so often with news of the developments into the physics and UI elements so far.

The album/EP Myrone put out is very good. He's very accomplished and I can see why he's a perfect fit for the game.

The dev diary is in the backers forum. Chase updates it every so often with news of the developments into the physics and UI elements so far.

The album/EP Myrone put out is very good. He's very accomplished and I can see why he's a perfect fit for the game.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Well, thank godness for backers such as yourself being able to share their developments in this thread.

Not really surprising, knowing most of the songs he created for the game. On a similar note, Myrone was one of the guests on a recent indie game stream by Gamespot. Sadly, I missed it, but just wanted to point that out.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Well, thank godness for backers such as yourself being able to share their developments in this thread.

Not really surprising, knowing most of the songs he created for the game. On a similar note, Myrone was one of the guests on a recent indie game stream by Gamespot. Sadly, I missed it, but just wanted to point that out.

Don't dispare, Chase has stated that when his focus shifts to a new aspec of programming for the game he will update all the latest developments onto the Kickstarter pages etc so if any of us backers miss anything it will be posted officially too.

Also spotted this on the DS forums...

Last edited:
It looks Japanese, I would guess it's an S13 Silvia but the boot/trunk isn't long enough. It does have the flat nose, the skirts look like what you'd see on a typical modified example and it's a popular drift car... But I can't remember if there's one in the game already?

It looks Japanese, I would guess it's an S13 Silvia but the boot/trunk isn't long enough. It does have the flat nose, the skirts look like what you'd see on a typical modified example and it's a popular drift car... But I can't remember if there's one in the game already?

Good point, it could be a modified Silvia for all we know, or perhaps even a Sileighty. As for the game bit, the only Nissan-esque car so far is a Skyline, so no Silvias are in yet.

http://driftstage.tumblr.com/post/114563819556

tumblr_nlr8g6YilM1tfir0mo1_500.gif

The one in game is a Sil-80 which is a 180sx with a S13 Siliva front. What I posted is a stock 180sx. So it's got exactly the same rear.

There you go then, it is the same rear, only the front end is different. Makes sense, and it is a pretty popular drift car to boot.

@yabiggoose -- I know what you mean, but it's also up to the same standard of accuracy as the other cars.

The E30 M3 better illuminate the correct taillight bulbs when you hit the brakes, though! Games like PGR4, FM2/FM3, and Grid: Autosport have bugged me by getting that wrong for years. :lol: Especially the zero-research laziness in FM2, when the brakes simply illuminated the whole damned thing.

Just got my email through to confirm that they are ready to start shipping the Kickstarter stuff soon. Can't wait.

I'm happy for the release being May, it gives me time to get sorted out with other things first before plowing a lot of time into the game.

If your phone keyboard is set to German it randomly changes english words to german words because of reasons :banghead:

Auto-correct systems, am I right? That has happened to me so many times in the past, I understand that problem, man.

I'm happy for the release being May, it gives me time to get sorted out with other things first before plowing a lot of time into the game.

At least you can prepare yourself, knowing that May you'll get the Alpha and then have some fun. 👍

Back