Drift Stage

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 423 comments
I think it's like the Koenig Competition, but still retaining some of the Testarossa's features.

Ferrari-Testarossa-Koenig-Poster-1987-05BFI523705840A.jpeg

Like a Koenig car, eh? Now you can't get more '80's than one of those, really. It makes sense within the game's context.

More news from Super Systems on the game's Kickstarter page; the new handling and collision engine, the three new cars that have been unveiled over the past few months, and of course the new Drift Stage T-shirts all are mentioned;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage/posts/1326480

Here are the descriptions of each of the new cars:

2150b16458b4c2c9d7bc22f4222515b6_original.png

The Exclusive Coupe (Hey, that's the name of the music that plays in the demo's time trial!) - Power under the hood and a fax machine in the glove box.

d5e91de116829ab6ec4cd585ac69b40c_original.png

The Sakura Type S - Touge legend from the mountains of Towada

e388137a32709997cc1735dfe6725cfa_original.png

The Assetto - Seized in a VICE (Haha, I see what they did there) sting, clearly the spiciest meatball.

Backer gifts have been shipped from NY USA.

Hopefully should be here in the next week.

Is there any sort of ETA for this yet?

Not yet. They're working on it daily but as of yet not new dates for a further release.

The backers forum is full of whiners crying about the delay and thier answer is it will come but when it's ready rather than rushed.

Considering financial backers were told May/June for a beta/extended demo and there's been bugger all news since May I wouldn't call them 'whiners' that are 'crying'.

"Hey Smith where's that important project update of the project we're funding you for that was due 4 months ago?"

"Stop whining and crying gosh you'll get it when you get it."

"Why hadn't reasons for this unexplained delay been conveyed to me?"

*months more of silence*

To be fair to the devs, they aren't a big company and this is their first go at games (iirc) so they've probably been optimistic with the timings and hit a few problems which they didn't know they'd have to fix, so can't give us a definite ETA because they themselves don't know.

They switched to Unity 5 and it broke many things it was said. They're also unwilling to send out the game with bugs they know exist.

@yabiggoose I know what you're saying but the have stated when they moved to Unity 5 things were not well with the build so they had to go back and start fixing and pretty much building back up from the bottom.

I don't like the fact it's being delayed as much as the next guy but I also understand they're working as hard as they can to get things to a point they can release another Alpha build.

I also think because they're behind they want to give something bigger than before to tide the backers over until the next update.

I do think some of the people on the forums over at Driftstage are whining and crying way too much and it's clear most of us who have backed it are chomping at the bit to play the game the devs promised but we also know the game is going to take time to make with such a very small team.

Personally I feel they should have brought another programmer onboard with the money they raised to get this moving at swift pace and as they're new to this type of thing it's something they will learn.

Not sure if these got shown here yet...

PlaintiveLikableKillifish.gif

WigglyWiltedBufflehead.gif

Last edited:
On the back of what you posted. This is a quote from Delko the guy doing the art.

The physics are stable, but we have a lot of bug fixes and tweaking to do before we put it out for the world to see. The wheels are in motion, just give us a bit more time to get some of the old features functional so you have fun with it for more then 5 mins.

Incoming on November 16th for Alpha testers.

New photomode, new track, soundtrack download plus they will be releasing a 7" EP vinyl of a remix of the main track.

image.gif

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

We get to try out the new physics too. Apparently the cars on selection haven't been tweaked yet so all handle the same.

Well, there it is, the silence has finally been broken for good. Super Systems backed their promises up with that date alone, shows that they didn't want to keep the fans detached from what was going on at the time with the new build. The gif is interesting, as it shows a more smooth transistion from drifting to straight-line positioning, although I do think that can still be polished further. Of course, I bet that Super Systems is already thinking about that...

Plus, the new photomode feature looks eons better than the original setup which was present in the alpha version, the options list is rather impressive all things considered, you can really be thorough with your photos.

Well, I wish I had backed the game myself, but what can you do. Good luck for those who will have the honor of playing this new build, hope you can share your thoughts here for those who can't play the game...

Edit: Also, what's with that blue blinking light in the HUD, on the gif picture? Is that meant to be a shift meter (i.e. shift in certain revs to get max performance)?

So far, this is one of the best tributes to classic arcade racers I've ever seen. I am so excited for the final product.

One thing I noticed is a slight graphical error on some of the cars like JDFR Laboratories ZX-78 (Salmon-colored Dome Zero concept). The mirrors on the front do not appear to be attached to the car at all, and seem like they're just hovering.

I'll download it over the next week and share some insight.

Thanks for doing that, I can definitely appreciate the effort. You can discuss the game's build outside of its forum, correct? Because I know of a few games that some companies don't allow the players to speak of during development...

One thing I noticed is a slight graphical error on some of the cars like JDFR Laboratories ZX-78 (Salmon-colored Dome Zero concept). The mirrors on the front do not appear to be attached to the car at all, and seem like they're just hovering.

I'm not sure if that is a glitch, to be honest. It could be the fact that the mirrors supports' pixels are so small that they are rendered invisible to the naked eye. At some angles, you can sort of see those supports, but other angles make them practically invisible. At least that what's I can make out of this issue, if anything...

Here's the car gif again, for those who want to check it out themselves;

d37db67c824149a6d0dcd11dd21f0269_original.gif

Also, there is a grammar mistake with one of the cars' name; the Sileighty-esque coupe is called the "Sakrua", but I do recall that its real name was "Sakura".

Last edited:
@Niku Driver HC I'm not sure how much I'll be able to say or show. Hopefully it will be a resonable amount as they've not put an NDA in place as most developers do.

However I don't want to show the game if they don't wish.

Edit

I've just asked Delko on thier forums about the NDA restrictions.

Edit 2

Just had a reply back from Delko. There isn't going to be an NDA overall, just for the first few days while they get to grips with the huge amount of bug reports coming in.

Afterwards info and screenshots can be shared but they'd like videos of the game to be held off to try and stop any negative feeling.

@Niku Driver HC the spelling mistake for the car has already been reported by another person on thier forum. Also you maybe correct with your idea behind the blue light. This is a quote taken from Delko post about the NDA.

"The manual transmission and unfinished collisions aren't going to make for an easy learning curve."

Last edited:
Back