Drift Stage

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 423 comments
Ok, thanks for sharing that information, @Sprite. Again, much appreciated, it's helpful information. So let's go through what you've posted;

• NDA (whatever that may stand for) restrictions are not currently being applied, but videos are so far a no-go zone. I can live with that, after all this new build is still an unfinished one and people may get the wrong ideas from videos which feature it, so Super Systems is trying to minimize that for now and let people know that the build itself will still undergo many changes...
  • The spelling mistake has already been reported? Well, people work fast in this world, no doubt about it, haha. They do know how to pay attention, whereas I really couldn't share that on the game's forum. Haha, fair enough. :lol:
  • "The manual transmission", huh? Then my theory of a "gear change light" isn't far off from being true, it seems. There's one area where Drift Stage has NFS 2015 beat... (Sorry for the obvious reference, but well, it is true, isn't it? Haha. :lol:) If anything, the developers have taken that option into consideration and are going to implement it in the new build. That's definitely great to hear, kudos to Super Systems for that decision. 👍

Double post already? Oh well, it's pertinent; the new Alpha build is officially live, and new bugs are already surfacing;

To be fair, I kinda like the way the Sakura looks in black, am I silly for thinking that? :lol: It does bring up another doubt of mine; will Drift Stage allow for different car colors? I do know that Super Systems is considering the addition of custom decals, but new color choices is a whole different thing...

Last edited:
To be fair, I kinda like the way the Sakura looks in black, am I silly for thinking that? :lol: It does bring up another doubt of mine; will Drift Stage allow for different car colors? I do know that Super Systems is considering the addition of custom decals, but new color choices is a whole different thing...
What if you could fill all the decal fields with the color you want?

What if you could fill all the decal fields with the color you want?

Well, that's plausible, but wouldn't that leave the decal marks themselves all over the car? Besides, if only a few fields are available, you won't be able to paint the entire car. That's what I'm refering to; full body colors, no decals. You know, like in Gran Turismo, where you pick a color and then you pick the car. Simple business...

I don't know how the decal editor will turn out in the end, but it's certainly easy to paint a whole car in the Forza series vinyl editor, using big blocks (useful for some factory decals and other features that can be pasted over).

If SS went ahead with paint options, I'd like to be able to pick the window color too.

Well, those are doubts that only Super Systems can clear, really. While it would be interesting to have an easy-to-work-with system such as Forza's, which does allow for full paint jobs, we do not know how can SS tackle that issue with their game engine.

And the window color would be a nifty option, but I'd reckon that's even less likely to happen that the color choice option...

Late edit: Super Systems has just shared a Youtube video which briefly showcases the new build;

Last edited:
Well I've installed it and I have the grayscale bug. :)

I'm just charging my PS3 pad and I'll have a quick go just before bed. I'll let you know how it feels in the morning. (It's 10pm here and I've been at work all day and really tired)

Ok just had a go, the physics are great.

Last edited:
So last night I had a quick go. So far the issues I've run into are already known bugs and are being fixed for the next build.

The handling of the cars is heavy and more solid. Instead of just speeding into the corners you have to break and then turn in drifting, it feels yo have more momentum in the car.

Manual gears are the only option at the moment but there is an outpouring on the forum for an automatic option too which is on its way.

It seems like they may be looking to add a little more realism into the game compared to out and out arcade racing. I hope so as so far it has promise.

Double post already? Oh well, it's pertinent; the new Alpha build is officially live, and new bugs are already surfacing;

I hope they retain these as prize cars. They look badass. :lol:

So last night I had a quick go. So far the issues I've run into are already known bugs and are being fixed for the next build.

The handling of the cars is heavy and more solid. Instead of just speeding into the corners you have to break and then turn in drifting, it feels yo have more momentum in the car.

Manual gears are the only option at the moment but there is an outpouring on the forum for an automatic option too which is on its way.

It seems like they may be looking to add a little more realism into the game compared to out and out arcade racing. I hope so as so far it has promise.

Well first of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the alpha, it's good for those who cannot play it to know how has the game come along since the very first alpha build. 👍

As for the rest, it does seem that the handling has gained more "weight" to it, so to speak, and how are the transistions between the drifting and the grip car positions? Are they still instant, or do they have a more realistic delay to it?

Of course there'd be an outpouring on the forums, do people even read the descriptions for these things? Super Systems did clearly state that they would add the automatic transmission later, when the build was more polished... Well, at least SS clarified things again for those who didn't pay attention, so that's good.

"More realism", huh? Well, as long as they don't go overboard with it, I'll be fine with that chain of thought. They can make the handling more heavy (so to speak) to make the cars feel more akin to real-life ones, a la Driver San Francisco, but there's no need for straight up recreation when the game is meant to be an arcade experience first and foremost.

Looking forward to see where the game goes from here, things are looking interesting so far...

I hope they retain these as prize cars. They look badass. :lol:

Or even a cheat to make the cars look like that, I sure wouldn't mind. The monochrome cheat, like a classic arcade game, now that would provide quite the laughs... :lol:

Also, have any of you seen the video which I added to my last post here, before this one that is?

Yep.

Loving the game so far, very Outrun-ish.

It was a bit of a late edit, and no one mentioned it, so that's why I asked. It is an interesting insight regarding the game's handling, because you can see it has been tweaked since the early alpha version.

And don't forget the soundtrack; if there's one thing that I love in Drift Stage, it's that. And the song in the video seems to be a new one, because I do not recall hearing it before in either Myrone's Soundcloud and/or Drift Stage's website...

I read on the KS page that a PS4 version is in the works. This makes me extremely excited, and I really want a PS4 now. Have they said anything about the M3 and DeLorean clones? I'd love to see those make it to the final version of the game.

I read on the KS page that a PS4 version is in the works. This makes me extremely excited, and I really want a PS4 now.
Dont forget the possibility of mobile releases!

Happy happy happy!

The point at which the car looses grip and gains back stability after a drift are much more progressive.

Coupled with the heavier steering it makes for a much smoother drive compared to the on/off feeling of the demo.

At the moment instead of heading to a corner hitting the steering and break for a split second and hold it like in the demo, you really have to pay attention to entry speed and slow down before initiating the drift.

It should be pretty painless for a mobile or PS4 port as Unity is a very adaptable engine.

Have they said anything about the M3 and DeLorean clones? I'd love to see those make it to the final version of the game.

I think that the M3 was confirmed to be another member of Drift Stage's car list when it reached its Kickstarter goal, but I don't recall hearing the same regarding the DeLorean clone, sadly. I could be wrong on this, mind you...

The point at which the car looses grip and gains back stability after a drift are much more progressive.

Coupled with the heavier steering it makes for a much smoother drive compared to the on/off feeling of the demo.

At the moment instead of heading to a corner hitting the steering and break for a split second and hold it like in the demo, you really have to pay attention to entry speed and slow down before initiating the drift.

It should be pretty painless for a mobile or PS4 port as Unity is a very adaptable engine.

Very nice, it does seem that have paid attention to that; after all, that was one of the things which bothered me the most when playing the first alpha build, and I did mention that to Chase Petit in a email I sent him last year (IIRC). So the handling not only has more weight, but that weight is better distributed in corner entry and exit? That's definitely the way I would like the game to feel, so if that's true then kudos to SS. 👍

And I bet that a mobile edition would be very likely if they can make the Unity engine work for Android-esque systems, but PS4 may take a little longer to happen. Still, if it does happen, I will gladly purchase that PS4 port without a second thought...

Last edited:
After watching this video, I'm concerned with how Drift Stage will handle rubberbanding.

Couple of images from Drift Stage

23101700596_05816a1f44_c.jpg

link to original 2880 * 1800

23101698496_d4921403dd_c.jpg

22759844029_e937b6dc3a_c.jpg

Cheers. I really can't wait for the next update. Hopefully I'll have colour cars then. ;)

Hey, it's the Devil Sileighty and the Ghost Testarossa! Such legendary cars, truly rare beasts... :lol:

That aside, nice pictures, the new track looks beautiful as only Drift Stage can make it look, and your pictures look great too. As C_R, I also love the top-down shot of the Ghost Testarossa, but the first Sileighty shot looks even better in my eyes. Great job. 👍

The photomode really is great. The controls are fantastic and total freedom of movement helps.

It's a shame the screenshots have to be manually done rather than letting the game do it. That's another thing I really want fixing.

I'll get the new Alpha tomorrow as I don't have time tonight. TBH I didn't even play the last release. I downloaded it but didn't have a chance to test it.

It seems to be a Group 5 Stratos. Cool. Didn't see that one coming!

Come to think of it, there wasn't any Stratos lookalike in the game up to this point, was it? Yes, there is a Dome Zero, but that's not quite the same thing.

Also, how didn't I notice the similarites to the Stratos's rear end? Must've been asleep when I posted the link, haha;
L-1975-Lancia-Stratos.jpg

(Wow is that rear wing small, the ingame car's own wing looks massive by comparison)

I initially thought it was a Countach or Pantera at first, until I saw another photo of it on his twitter where you can easily tell what it was. I also didn't notice the roof spoiler until after.

Back