Drifting on GT6: Extreme Disappointment.

• Thread starter Gonales
  • 171 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I am the only person who likes all of the new features as well as the physics. Honestly 1 hour of adapting using the same tune and I got used to it perfectly. The tyre screech doesn't bother me because I can still hear the 1J loud enough.
390 PS X540 Chaser, 1550 Kg, Sports Med with 12 kg / 10 kg makes an amazingly easy way to drift with DFGT.

Throttle modulation is key in this game imo, that is the only real difference I reckon that people haven't grasped.
You don't mind drifting on it because you are using sports tires. Have a go on CH with the volume up.

I could handle learning how to drift again. But when you are drifting with headphones and drift by sound, I think my ears are bleeding. Almost considering drifting on SH just so I can enjoy drifting. They seam like the GT5 CH anyway.

I personally like GT6 already. The comfort hards feel about the same grip to me. I've been carrying the same speeds through corners as I did on GT5. What has changed is the throttle response, and I think that is throwing a lot of people off.

How ever the tire sounds are terrible. And the low frame rates when close have been getting me in trouble on transitions when tandeming. Keep getting tail slapped in the nose haha.

Has anyone tried other tires? Ive been using CH the whole time and im considering trying CM or CS even.

Has anyone tried other tires? Ive been using CH the whole time and im considering trying CM or CS even.
Not really. However I had a go in the 15 Anniversary Europa with CS tyres on Brands Hatch for a race. This may be due to the cars handling but they felt a lot more snappy than CH. They do feel slightly easier to break traction with though. I also shpun twice because of the snappy nature of the tyres mixed with the Europa's short wheelbase.

Ummm why are people complaining? They said the physics would be different. I love the torque steer the most, driving feels smooth and it's easier to spin out unlike gt5. New game new challenge, I'd rather it be this way over everyone knowing how to drift and just jumping on the game and being experts. This made everyone equal and we all have to start over.
Happy drifting!

Ummm why are people complaining? They said the physics would be different. I love the torque steer the most, driving feels smooth and it's easier to spin out unlike gt5. New game new challenge, I'd rather it be this way over everyone knowing how to drift and just jumping on the game and being experts. This made everyone equal and we all have to start over.
Happy drifting!

Agreed!

\
- braking power 0 front 10 rear. Front end locks up without ABS. How can tires lock up without actual braking power Kaz?
Because "level" 0 doesn't mean no power obviously. I'm playing with no ABS and a 8F5R setting with the upgraded brakes and haven't locked up yet so I don't know what your problem is.

Just a FYI to the people who are still having a hard time.

A friend and I have been testing and tuning and now we have figured out how much tuning is affected in drifting in GT6.

For example. ...
LSD settings in GT5 didn't really affect the car like it should. In GT6 you have to tune it correctly or it becomes a big issue with the car's handling.

Also with the brand new suspension model, drifting has become even more realistic in real life tuning comparison same case as the LSD.

If you run low spring rates, you have to adjust the dampers correctly or rear grip with become a huge problem.

All you have to do is rethink the way you tune.

I am sure everyone knows that old saying "Don't hate the player, hate the game".... Well it is the opposite in this case.

@Gonales
Also I might add to your discussion with the brakes.

A common technique among many pro drifters in real life is braking. One of the things I noticed right away was that my old method of using the brake pedal for front brakes and e-brake for the rear brakes has changed a lot.

My problem isn't the brake adjustment at all but the patters on which I use them.

Ok. As in real life, a common technique is to rip the e-brake and hold the brake pedal to help lock up the back brakes faster. This actually is simulated in GT6 which in GT5 it was not.

So if you used the same method of braking as you did in GT5 on GT6, you might need to rethink that as well.

Far as the brake balance goes that you are having issues with Dom, it isn't practical to do what you are trying to do, so the game is not going to let you do it. Only thing I can tell you is that you have to adapt like the rest of us.

Last edited:
@Gonales
Also I might add to your discussion with the brakes.

A common technique among many pro drifters in real life is braking. One of the things I noticed right away was that my old method of using the brake pedal for front brakes and e-brake for the rear brakes has changed a lot.

My problem isn't the brake adjustment at all but the patters on which I use them.

Ok. As in real life, a common technique is to rip the e-brake and hold the brake pedal to help lock up the back brakes faster. This actually is simulated in GT6 which in GT5 it was not.

So if you used the same method of braking as you did in GT5 on GT6, you might need to rethink that as well.

Far as the brake balance goes that you are having issues with Dom, it isn't practical to do what you are trying to do, so the game is not going to let you do it. Only thing I can tell you is that you have to adapt like the rest of us.

I'm gonna be plain and simple: This technique worked perfectly in Gt5. I dont use the Ebrake AND normal brakes, I want my normal brakes to work like an ebrake. Totally locking the rear end without affecting the front at all.

It works for me, I don't care how practical it is. It's very possible in real life as well. Makes no sense why it shouldn't be possible ingame either.

Last but not least: Telling me to just change the stuff around... Don't you think I would if I could? :/ I need this technique to have an ebrake. -.-

Because "level" 0 doesn't mean no power obviously. I'm playing with no ABS and a 8F5R setting with the upgraded brakes and haven't locked up yet so I don't know what your problem is.

My problem is that you have obviously misunderstood me. 0 brake power, should mean NO braking in the front, simple. At this point I have 10 brake power in the rear, yet my front end locks faster and causes extreme understeer when they lock up. If they wouldn't be affected by braking and just keep rolling things would be fine.

I'm gonna be plain and simple: This technique worked perfectly in Gt5. I dont use the Ebrake AND normal brakes, I want my normal brakes to work like an ebrake. Totally locking the rear end without affecting the front at all.

It works for me, I don't care how practical it is. It's very possible in real life as well. Makes no sense why it shouldn't be possible ingame either.

Last but not least: Telling me to just change the stuff around... Don't you think I would if I could? :/ I need this technique to have an ebrake. -.-

My problem is that you have obviously misunderstood me. 0 brake power, should mean NO braking in the front, simple. At this point I have 10 brake power in the rear, yet my front end locks faster and causes extreme understeer when they lock up. If they wouldn't be affected by braking and just keep rolling things would be fine.

Not that I doubt your ability to do it, however maybe you should re-evaluate how you tune and find something new suspension wise?

Actually I don't think it should work in the game because it can be done in real life. Honestly if anyone thinks this is PD's way of being strict, well so be it. Hell even Assetto Corsa is more strict about other things that matter more. Go in that game and think you are going to use a clutch and H pattern shifter on a Ferrari 458.

Actually Dom..... When you did that front- 0 and rear- 10 brake balance in GT5, it was actually providing about 20/80 split of braking power. The front brakes were actually working, it just wasn't as drastic.

If you use a higher compound tire in GT6 it won't be as drastic either.

Not that I doubt your ability to do it, however maybe you should re-evaluate how you tune and find something new suspension wise?

It has nothing to do with the suspension, or skills. It's just very crappy programming from PD...

Actually I don't think it should work in the game because it can be done in real life. Honestly if anyone thinks this is PD's way of being strict, well so be it. Hell even Assetto Corsa is more strict about other things that matter more. Go in that game and think you are going to use a clutch and H pattern shifter on a Ferrari 458.

Actually Dom..... When you did that front- 0 and rear- 10 brake balance in GT5, it was actually providing about 20/80 split of braking power. The front brakes were actually working, it just wasn't as drastic.

If you use a higher compound tire in GT6 it won't be as drastic either.

It was 0/100. Im 100% sure of that. I could stay in a 150 yard ebrake slide door to door with Ian, Not losing any more speed than him. (Which would have been the case, plus an increase if angle if the front end slowed down).

Ok then. Well just letting you know that I had spent hours testing the different methods of using e-brakes in GT5 Dom. Not trying to sound like a know it all, just stating that it was never full on power to one end.

But anyway, I am tired of hearing everyone complaining. Either enjoy it because it is more realistic, or go back to GT5 and enjoy that. I mean it has been improved for the better. I don't know why everyone that is complaining automatically assumes that PD is the problem. If people are learning how to drift on GT6 it is pretty obvious where the problem is.

Dom you know I love you, but you might need to just adapt to this one. Come on girl, don't be that person hahaha.

Ok then. Well just letting you know that I had spent hours testing the different methods of using e-brakes in GT5 Dom. Not trying to sound like a know it all, just stating that it was never full on power to one end.

But anyway, I am tired of hearing everyone complaining. Either enjoy it because it is more realistic, or go back to GT5 and enjoy that. I mean it has been improved for the better. I don't know why everyone that is complaining automatically assumes that PD is the problem. If people are learning how to drift on GT6 it is pretty obvious where the problem is.

Dom you know I love you, but you might need to just adapt to this one. Come on girl, don't be that person hahaha.

I am fine with how the game handles 90% of the time, but there are some really frustrating bugs in the game. This braking thing being one of them.

@Downhill Dino : Yeah, I have wondered that too. But shouldn't be that much of a factor considering there should be NO braking power at all in the front, in my opinion.

Just think dom, how satisfying it would be to pull an e-brake lever instead of just using your brakes. I dont know I just love the feeling of pulling the e-brake and having it lock up the rear wheels.

If someone started to stop using stupid brake bias and use the real ebrake it wouldn't be an issue. Funny how that same person is bashing others because they don't use a particular tire compound or try to impose a vision of drift as the only legit one when at the same time using an unrealistic brake repartition that only a noob IRL would (a stupid one in that case).

If someone started to stop using stupid brake bias and use the real ebrake it wouldn't be an issue. Funny how that same person is bashing others because they don't use a particular tire compound or try to impose a vision of drift as the only legit one when at the same time using an unrealistic brake repartition that only a noob IRL would (a stupid one in that case).
Can we save the personal attacks for some other forum? No one wants to see that happen right now.

Physics are great IMO. Tuning is now massively important and is very true to life, read up about real life drift setups and apply them to a car on GT6. Spend an hour tuning and testing a car and you'll love GT6 ;)

Just think dom, how satisfying it would be to pull an e-brake lever instead of just using your brakes. I dont know I just love the feeling of pulling the e-brake and having it lock up the rear wheels.

Like I said a couple of times before. Don't you think I would if I could? -.-

No offence, but how many cars irl, come stock without an ebrake? Wouldn't that automatically solve my issue? If you have no clue what you're talking about, please don't...

I think it's class, so much more realistic than GT5. I reckon people are jumping straight in with what they used in GT5 and then getting mad when it doesn't work. You gotta take time to get used to the physics/tuning again and start from the bottom! My only complaint is the horrible tyre sounds, but I'm sure PD will patch that shortly :)

Like I said a couple of times before. Don't you think I would if I could? -.-

No offence, but how many cars irl, come stock without an ebrake? Wouldn't that automatically solve my issue? If you have no clue what you're talking about, please don't...
You're really that stupid or you doing it on purpose?

As you said as cars comes with an ebrake people do not use a ****** 0/10 brake bias like you do. Use the I game ebrake, problem solved. Not the game's fault if you lack skills and have issues with anger management.

Well, judging by all your replies I can tell most of you don't even know what you are doing when you customize your cars. Especially the OP that started this thread, see... I play this game a lot like I have played GT5 and I find nothing wrong with the cars, but I guess since I know how to actually modify a car's internal parts as a professional (even if this is a game) I pretty much get the most feel out of it all.

So far I've noticed the
- horrible physics (obviously),
- braking power 0 front 10 rear. Front end locks up without ABS. How can tires lock up without actual braking power Kaz?

^ That there let's me know you do not know what you are talking about and you are totally off. Even if you place a car's braking on both front and rear to 0, the car will break still. That is the point to the breaking system, this isn't a boat which has no braking system. Instead of complaining like you are doing, how about learning more about cars and physics before getting into the driver seat?.. Yea it is a game, but when you bring ignorance like this to someone that knows about cars, it's just sad and annoying to read. Drive with clutch + manual and you will see a whole new world.

And for all of you laughing at those sideways flipping videos, those players probably did something to the suspension of the car for it to result in doing that. I never had that problem at all myself.

Last edited:
Well, judging by all your replies I can tell most of you don't even know what you are doing when you customize your cars. Especially the OP that started this thread, see... I play this game a lot like I have played GT5 and I find nothing wrong with the cars, but I guess since I know how to actually modify a car's internal parts as a professional (even if this is a game) I pretty much get the most feel out of it all.

^ That there let's me know you do not know what you are talking about and you are totally off. Even if you place a car's braking on both front and rear to 0, the car will break still. That is the point to the breaking system, this isn't a boat which has no braking system. Instead of complaining like you are doing, how about learning more about cars and physics before getting into the driver seat?.. Yea it is a game, but when you bring ignorance like this to someone that knows about cars, it's just sad and annoying to read.

And for all of you laughing at those sideways flipping videos, those players probably did something to the suspension of the car for it to result in doing that. I never had that problem at all myself.

I really don't care who you are, or how good you claim to be. If there was an option to remove the braking power on the front wheels in GT5, there is no reason why it should not be there in GT6. Frankly, even if 0 means there still is braking power, they should give you the option of switching between: off, 0, 1 , 2, etc etc... Because, I may not know a lot about cars, but I DO know that you are able to take the brakes of a car, but just disabling a simple cable. Or is that incorrect too?

You're really that stupid or you doing it on purpose?

As you said as cars comes with an ebrake people do not use a ****** 0/10 brake bias like you do. Use the I game ebrake, problem solved. Not the game's fault if you lack skills and have issues with anger management.

If you are able to press a tiny button on a spinning wheel, props to you. But I can not. And I don't have anger management issues, I just don't show respect to people that don't deserve it. :/

Last edited:
I really don't care who you are, or how good you claim to be. If there was an option to remove the braking power on the front wheels in GT5, there is no reason why it should not be there in GT6. Frankly, even if 0 means there still is braking power, they should give you the option of switching between: off, 0, 1 , 2, etc etc... Because, I may not know a lot about cars, but I DO know that you are able to take the brakes of a car, but just disabling a simple cable. Or is that incorrect too?

To start with, I never said I was good or bad.
I don't know why you are so offended by my reply, I'm just telling you things how it is. You know nothing about cars or physics that go with them... Period. The point is, there is no option for it. See, you assume things but do not know, that is your problem. There is also something called "Clutch Control", in a simulation game you do not really need to break much, instead using a skill called "Clutch Control". But I'm not here to be teaching you people, it's better for me if you do not know about it because all that means is more wins for me.

To start with, I never said I was good or bad.
I don't know why you are so offended by my reply, I'm just telling you things how it is. You know nothing about cars or physics that go with them... Period. The point is, there is no option for it. See, you assume things but do not know, that is your problem. There is also something called "Clutch Control", in a simulation game you do not really need to break much, instead using a skill called "Clutch Control". But I'm not here to be teaching you people, it's better for me if you do not know about it because more wins for me.

"I guess since I know how to actually modify a car's internal parts as a professional (even if this is a game) I pretty much get the most feel out of it all."

Sounds pretty cocky to me. Plus, who says I'm offended? :/

I don't assume things, I just state facts. There was a working 0-10 brake balance setup in GT5, it's gone in GT6. Bad stuff. (Even if it's not possible in real life, which frankly, IS the case)... You tell me I have no idea how a car handles, but you actually don't know you can disable brakes in real life?

And lady... To have clutch control, you need a friggin clutch first, right? And I'm the one that assumes things?

Last but not least... Drifting is not about winning.

I don't assume things, I just state facts.

Where are your facts, because I haven't seen them. All I am reading (and still reading for that matter) are assumptions.

And I am a professional race car mechanic, I'm not stating I am the best. I am stating I actually know what I am doing when customizing my car, big difference. On a side note, if you do not use the emergency break for drifting... You should stop playing racing games that require you to drift.

Get a steering wheel with clutch and stop crying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back