Drive Club to steal the spotlight from GT6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gran_Turismo
  • 341 comments
  • 36,405 views

Hmmm...

  • I am inclined to agree with this predicament.

    Votes: 35 9.6%
  • Blasphemy! PDs GT6 shall be Godlike!

    Votes: 110 30.1%
  • Who cares, brah? The more, the merrier!

    Votes: 200 54.8%
  • Forza 5 will be the only true driving simulator...

    Votes: 20 5.5%

  • Total voters
    365
"This is not a simulator" does not have to be referring to the driving model, simply that it's not going to be a serious simulator in style and execution.

I don't get why every racing game has to be given a label these days.

Just stating the facts as they are given. You can interpret them however you choose to.
 
The way I see it with GT6 and Drive Club: The more, the merrier! :D

With Drive Club, I wonder if there'll be a scene thats essiantely like "The Rules of Fight Club"
 
We must never talk of "the club"..:lol:
 
I'll mostly get GT6 because it is on PS3.
I am not convince to get PS4 at launch as the game library at launch doesn't have enough games that interest me to interest me. Hope I made sense.
 
The way I see it with GT6 and Drive Club: The more, the merrier! :D

With Drive Club, I wonder if there'll be a scene thats essiantely like "The Rules of Fight Club"

If it's your first night at Drive Club, you have to drive?
 
Fantastic!!

I was really excited when I saw the first hi-res footage from DriveClub. I also like the focus on clubs and online racing. But in the last days all the not so interesting things came up: no circuits and a more arcade-driving model. I'm undecided if DriveClub is a must-have game, but we'll see. At least it won't steal any attention from GT6 as they're not competitors.
 
Given that the poll options have zero middle ground I will not vote.

I think that being separate titles they won't interfere with each other - it's like CoD and BF3, they're both going for completely separate audiences and strive in their own right.

That being said - I'll be picking up both; because despite popular belief you can play two games that are of the same genre :lol:
 
That being said - I'll be picking up both; because despite popular belief you can play two games that are of the same genre :lol:

This is blasphemy! Cast the heathen from the highest tower, and confiscate all his sparkplugs but two! :p
 
Can't wait for an open world driving game NOT a racing game, go outside to get real friends. Being alone in your underwear at home playing video games is not socializing, anyway racing games are filled with DUMB KIDS only wanting to smash into you. Driveclub is just another racing game like the others.
 
Can't wait for an open world driving game NOT a racing game, go outside to get real friends. Being alone in your underwear at home playing video games is not socializing, anyway racing games are filled with DUMB KIDS only wanting to smash into you. Driveclub is just another racing game like the others.
Example?
 
Can't wait for an open world driving game NOT a racing game...
There is already an open world driving game, still one of the biggest maps around too, over 5.5 thousand square miles. It's called Fuel. Okay, you have races in it but there is also free roam with day night cycle. Takes about four hours to cross the map.

Or you could go and buy Outerra on PC - this has the whole world available to drive across, and no racing.
 
Social media, social interactions, look at your friends, look at your friend's friends, it's not a hardcore racing game. Challenge your friends, challenge complete strangers, it's easy to pick up, hey look at me drift isn't this brilliant! Share this, share that, go viral! It's not a simulation in any shape or form. Send out screenshots, upload videos, share, share, share, social media!

Seemed to me that that developer's Drive Club video put more emphasis on the social media aspects and how easy / simple it is to pick up and play than anything really substantial. Maybe it's because I have no use for or involvement with the whole social media trend that I see it as invasive and overbearing in Drive Club, because of the way they're marketing it as a key feature of the game.

Maybe that's what appeals to kids these days and I'm just getting to old for all this :).

Yep, it seems like facebook on wheels.
The part about "easy to play - hard to master" sounds like there will be a lot of driving aids and probably not so realistic physics. But I guess arcade can be fun too. I'll be looking forward to reading the first hands-on impressions from people who have actually played it.
 

Euro Truck Simulator 2! Excellent game where you can drive for hours through England, Wales and Scotland and a good sized portion of mainland Europe too with no racing involved!

And what's even better is it's fully G27 compatible! That's right, even experience the joy of a 12 speed manual transmission as you build your own trucking company from the ground up, you too can become a truck driving god! :)
 
Euro Truck Simulator 2! Excellent game where you can drive for hours through England, Wales and Scotland and a good sized portion of mainland Europe too with no racing involved!

And what's even better is it's fully G27 compatible! That's right, even experience the joy of a 12 speed manual transmission as you build your own trucking company from the ground up, you too can become a truck driving god! :)
I was more refering to the last sentence, but ok. I heard of that game, sounds decent.
 
Prediction: Drive Club gets 10-15 minutes of stage time, GT6 gets a 60 second trailer on stage and thats it
 
MS only gave 360 games about five minutes total in their conference, it'll probably be the same for PS3 at the Sony conference.
 
MS only gave 360 games about five minutes total in their conference, it'll probably be the same for PS3 at the Sony conference.

But you could also argue that none of the 360 games are as 'big' as Gran Turismo, even on an 'old' console it is still a very significant release.
 
But you could also argue that none of the 360 games are as 'big' as Gran Turismo, even on an 'old' console it is still a very significant release.

True, still can't see them giving it too much time.
 
I would guess it depends on how much they can/will reveal... Or, am I completely off :lol:?
 
I think Samus is right on that. Besides, I fully expect for both Dan G and Kaz to have separate coffee clatches on their respective games in the next couple of days.
 
I think Samus is right on that. Besides, I fully expect for both Dan G and Kaz to have separate coffee clatches on their respective games in the next couple of days.

Assuming these happen this is probably where most of the interesting info will come from.
 
In the latest DriveClub trailer, there was a Porsche. Just sayin.
 
Ruf is badass, though.

The CTR3 Clubsport is a monster.
 
I don't care about anything but GT6. Don't have the time or money.
 
Drive Club is definitely reaching out to the Need 4 Speed gamer. I'm not interested at all. Give me GT6 all day every day.
 
Back