driveclub sells 1 million

• Thread starter diesel97
  • 35 comments
Cheers for that. It will be interesting to see how the figures settle after a few weeks, because that will irk some FH2 fans for sure if proven true.

Considering the PS4 holds about a 2-1 lead over the XB1 in hardware sales if that hasn't increased to 3-1 by now, its not unfathomable considering the PS4 has no racing games until now while the XB1 had Forza 5 already. It really means nothing in regards to quality when FH2 is still the better game and the reviews reflect just that.

My only hope, if this is true is that Evolution will get serious about fixing the game's issues.

Considering the PS4 holds about a 2-1 lead over the XB1 in hardware sales if that hasn't increased to 3-1 by now, its not unfathomable considering the PS4 has no racing games until now while the XB1 had Forza 5 already. It really means nothing in regards to quality when FH2 is still the better game and the reviews reflect just that.

My only hope, if this is true is that Evolution will get serious about fixing the game's issues.
The reviews dont say much when one of their gripes is "its not open world" or "its not fh2". I havent played it so have no clue if its any good but i remember WRC3 getting 5.0 rating and that was a cracking game.

The reviews dont say much when one of their gripes is "its not open world" or "its not fh2". I havent played it so have no clue if its any good but i remember WRC3 getting 5.0 rating and that was a cracking game.

Giving a game like WRC 3 a 5 indicates to me that the reviewer has no interest in/doesn't play racing games, and therefore their opinion is completely irrelevant to me. Kinda like the GameSpot writer who reviewed Driveclub – the first sentence goes something like "It exists, it's pretty and you race cars in it." :rolleyes:

lancia delta hf
I own it and have played it plenty. FH2 is a much deeper game and probably better in most peoples opinion. While you may not agree with every review, there are plenty to choose from which keeps a balance. Overall FH2 scored much better as I would expect.

I own it and have played it plenty. FH2 is a much deeper game and probably better in most peoples opinion. While you may not agree with every review, there are plenty to choose from which keeps a balance. Overall FH2 scored much better as I would expect.
I agree. Forza H2 is a much deeper game with more options, cars, better handling etc IMO.

...FH2 is a much deeper game and probably better in most peoples opinion...
I think it's still a bit early to say that fully, as I had a chance last night to briefly see what the online connectivity adds to DC and it had me hooked harder than before.

Essentially FH2 is Fuel with prettier cars and no post apocalypse setting (smaller map too) whereas DC is a road racer. I don't know if the idea of FH2 appeals more, or a wider audience, but comparing the games as has been said before, is still a bit silly.

Last edited:
I think it's still a bit early to say that fully, as I had a chance last night to briefly see lwhat the online connectivity adds to DC and it had me hooked harder than before.

Essentially FH2 is Fuel with prettier cars and no post apocalypse setting (smaller map too) whereas DC is a road racer. I don't know if the idea of FH2 appeals more, or a wider audience, but comparing the games as has been said before, is still a bit silly.

To each their own, its my opinion though that FH2 has a LOT more to offer and I don't really see it being Fuel at all. If anything it could be considered an open world Forza 5.

Also lets not forget this is the second Horizon and the 7th Forza.

DC is a new ip.

I also have no idea what IP stands for.

That's barely relative to the discussion but I'll let you have that one since DC as a franchise could improve later if it sees a sequel but its not as if they didn't know what design choices they had in mind when making the game and its not as if they were hampered by older generation hardware. They had a clean slate and a powerful machine to get things going and they team has been around for years making Motorstorm games which were pretty good in their own way. I'm not bashing DC but I think its silly to defend it to the point of saying its ok to be short on a lot of features and content just because its a new IP.

That's barely relative to the discussion but I'll let you have that one since DC as a franchise could improve later if it sees a sequel but its not as if they didn't know what design choices they had in mind when making the game and its not as if they were hampered by older generation hardware. They had a clean slate and a powerful machine to get things going and they team has been around for years making Motorstorm games which were pretty good in their own way. I'm not bashing DC but I think its silly to defend it to the point of saying its ok to be short on a lot of features and content just because its a new IP.

Not defending but they're creating everything from scratch lets not forget, I think when they fix the server issues (which aren't excusable) , release the other features then this game will shine.

Not defending but they're creating everything from scratch lets not forget, I think when they fix the server issues (which aren't excusable) , release the other features then this game will shine.

I can live with that. The server issues are still ongoing. I played for about an hour earlier today, never once was I able to get online.

I can live with that. The server issues are still ongoing. I played for about an hour earlier today, never once was I able to get online.
Today was a bad day for connections - yet, for some it went a lot better than previously. With the new update they mentioned earlier today, we can hope that things will be more stable for all.

In general though, irritating as it doubtless is, just think about those PS+ players who can't even get into SP...

In a few days, we'll all be laughing and the bad times will be forgotten.

Today was a bad day for connections - yet, for some it went a lot better than previously. With the new update they mentioned earlier today, we can hope that things will be more stable for all.

In general though, irritating as it doubtless is, just think about those PS+ players who can't even get into SP...

In a few days, we'll all be laughing and the bad times will be forgotten.

I hope so because I'm waiting for my brother to get the free version so he can join my club. I can't unlock the club cars without another member and he's likely not going to buy the full version of the game.

I hope so because I'm waiting for my brother to get the free version so he can join my club. I can't unlock the club cars without another member and he's likely not going to buy the full version of the game.
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that you would be relying on your brother. Well, I can share your pain, as I was a member of a club which was above level 11 so we had the BAC Mono unlocked earlier (now that's a fun little beast.) Since I switched allegiance today though, I no longer have that, or any of the other cars previously unlocked...:grumpy: I knew this would happen, but it still hurts.

Shame we can't bring our XP with us when we move club...

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that you would be relying on your brother. Well, I can share your pain, as I was a member of a club which was above level 11 so we had the BAC Mono unlocked earlier (now that's a fun little beast.) Since I switched allegiance today though, I no longer have that, or any of the other cars previously unlocked...:grumpy: I knew this would happen, but it still hurts.

Shame we can't bring our XP with us when we move club...

Exactly the reason why I can't join another club since I'm tied to that club forever. I don't like that they take away your club unlocks when you leave a club. The only way to make sure I can keep my club unlocks is to get my brother to join my club.

That's not really an excuse. If someone buys a car (real world) from a new auto maker, they're still going to expect it to be comparable to what established auto makers are doing. They're not going to be happy buying a car and finding that the engine is unreliable, none of the plastic interior trim pieces line up properly, the windows don't wind properly, the air conditioning doesn't work, and the front left wheel likes to fall off above 50 MPH, and shrug it off because they're new to making cars. Maybe after a few more years their cars will get better and customers might be happier with those products, but that doesn't mean until then people should cut them slack for being sub-par. An inferior product is inferior; no excuses.

That's not really an excuse...
True, but those two products aren't really comparable.

Like I said, not excuseable but considering that Evo aren't the only game developer recently that have found issues with online connectivity, then I do think that some slack is in order - I mean, it's not as if they aren't trying, or did all of this on purpose. Some of the FB posts are inexcuseable in themselves, showing how odious some people really are.

Last edited:
That's not really an excuse. If someone buys a car (real world) from a new auto maker, they're still going to expect it to be comparable to what established auto makers are doing. They're not going to be happy buying a car and finding that the engine is unreliable, none of the plastic interior trim pieces line up properly, the windows don't wind properly, the air conditioning doesn't work, and the front left wheel likes to fall off above 50 MPH, and shrug it off because they're new to making cars. Maybe after a few more years their cars will get better and customers might be happier with those products, but that doesn't mean until then people should cut them slack for being sub-par. An inferior product is inferior; no excuses.

Not cutting slack (I said the server issues are not excusable period) even before I knew these issues were that severe, I'm talking about the game features.

Uh, so why did this thread turn in to Forza vs. Driveclub?

Anyway, a million sold copies is probably pretty good at this point. It's just a shame with the whole server fiasco. I still really like it, but wish all online components actually worked and worked consistently.

Uh, so why did this thread turn in to Forza vs. Driveclub?
In truth, that was over two weeks ago, but it did turn that way very quickly indeed.

And yes, a million copies is very respectable. Of course, in this context a number of those players will be upset as they have no game to try out yet. However, from just my friends list alone, I saw a few days ago that almost half a million people were playing (probably a lot more.)

Last edited:
I think it just goes to show, yet again, that even poorly done racing games do well on the PS. Even the Shift series, as bad as it was, sold fairly well on the PS. Im not sure why, but if you make it they will buy it.

In truth, that was over two weeks ago, but it did turn that way very quickly indeed.

And yes, a million copies is very respectable. Of course, in this context a number of those players will be upset as they have no game to try out yet. However, from just my friends list alone, I saw a few days ago that almost half a million people were playing (probably a lot more.)
It probably has to do with the very first comment in this thread, from you, brings up Forza. Though i'm not sure how one game selling good is going to affect the fans of another.

It probably has to do with the very first comment in this thread, from you, brings up Forza. Though i'm not sure how one game selling good is going to affect the fans of another.
Try telling element of the two camps from Forza/GT that - they're forever at it, regardless of common sense.

I admit however that upon reflection, my initial comment could have been seen as slightly inflamatory, for which I now apologise.

I think it just goes to show, yet again, that even poorly done racing games do well on the PS. Even the Shift series, as bad as it was, sold fairly well on the PS. Im not sure why, but if you make it they will buy it.
It just goes to show why the whole review stuff should be abandoned.
More people would buy and enjoy it without the bullcrap from ISR for example.

It just goes to show why the whole review stuff should be abandoned.
More people would buy and enjoy it without the bullcrap from ISR for example.
Or more people would buy and hate it, because they couldn't read an review and decide if they like the game or not. It goes both ways.

Back