Driveclub Video Thread

• Thread starter Earth
  • 673 comments
Online, eh?

I really don't understand people who crash others when they are clearly faster in the first place...at least I was able to clobber that one idiot :lol:

I haven't had this much fun with a time trial since GRiD2. And can't remember the last one before that.
Tried multiple times to achieve the the 3rd star on this event, and I wasn't going to give up easily. This may not be my most clean run, but it's the one that got me that 3rd star.

I haven't had this much fun with a time trial since GRiD2. And can't remember the last one before that.
Tried multiple times to achieve the the 3rd star on this event, and I wasn't going to give up easily. This may not be my most clean run, but it's the one that got me that 3rd star.

You did well to do it with the Audi - I think I only got it because I used the club VW. Great TT stage though; I run it quite often and definitely in any new car I fancy testing out.

You did well to do it with the Audi - I think I only got it because I used the club VW. Great TT stage though; I run it quite often and definitely in any new car I fancy testing out.

It was either the Audi or the Mini. Don't like the Mini, and the Audi is 4WD. It was a no brainier for me.

I've seen your videos. Haven't spent enough time with cockpit view, does the drive thinks he's hold a tea cup or something? The way he holds the wheel with his index finger and thumb randomly freaks me out!

It was either the Audi or the Mini. Don't like the Mini, and the Audi is 4WD. It was a no brainier for me.

I've seen your videos. Haven't spent enough time with cockpit view, does the drive thinks he's hold a tea cup or something? The way he holds the wheel with his index finger and thumb randomly freaks me out!
Yeah, that's funny the bit with the dainty finger(s) raised when turning left. I think it's all a part of the 'movements' put into the game to make it feel realistic.

I sort of got into driving cockpit during the demo for Dirt 2, as there were water splashes that were really effective and I liked the challenge. At first I didn't think I could ever get to be fast in that view, but I learned. Now I'm trying for HUD-free, which works well in this game...mostly.

Yeah, that's funny the bit with the dainty finger(s) raised when turning left. I think it's all a part of the 'movements' put into the game to make it feel realistic.

I can understand why a driver would do that, but, during a corner? It's quite amusing to see the player taking a hard turn, struggling for grip, on the edge of the track, and the damn hands are all like "nah, I got this."

I sort of got into driving cockpit during the demo for Dirt 2, as there were water splashes that were really effective and I liked the challenge. At first I didn't think I could ever get to be fast in that view, but I learned. Now I'm trying for HUD-free, which works well in this game...mostly.
Whenever I'm using a wheel to drive I always use cockpit view, or bumper view. When driving with a controller, I feel the need to see where the car is at all times.

One useful tip I found in the game is the flag system on turns. Have you noticed those tall posts on the outside of a turn? They go green, yellow and red. Each color represent how difficult the turn is. Useful for when you're learning the track, or when your HUD is off.

Well, gotta say I think DRIVECLUB is a very funny game. I love driving vs the chrono. This time I will show you a hot lap through Hurrungane, Norway, driving the amazing BAC Mono! It's awesome racing in the dark, but.. If you don't believe, just watch!

Bye! :)

...Have you noticed those tall posts on the outside of a turn? They go green, yellow and red. Each color represent how difficult the turn is. Useful for when you're learning the track, or when your HUD is off.
Yes indeed, that's what makes HUD-free easier...though sometimes the colour coding lies...

It is useful to help with learning each of the stages/tracks though.

Well, gotta say I think DRIVECLUB is a very funny game. I love driving vs the chrono. This time I will show you a hot lap through Hurrungane, Norway, driving the amazing BAC Mono! It's awesome racing in the dark...
Yeah, the BAC Mono is good on that stage. Online you can get a good race with that car and on that stage regularly. I like it because most of the other players have always crashed while going through the tunnel, or at the first bend, leaving the rest who can drive that car to continue the race in relative peace.

Been having fun with TTs this week - and caught some spectacular vistas and moments. Well, okay, that's subjective, I know, but I reckon you'll all like the Aurora Borealis at 1:20 - it caught me totally by surprise.

Back