EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,778 comments
I would've thought a game which was developed by the same team which made DiRT Rally 2.0 would be far more likely to be a worthy successor to that game than one like DiRT 4 which wasn't, so I don't think how 4 turned out is any kind of proof that EA Sports WRC won't deliver.
DiRT 4 was made by the DiRT Rally team. It was DiRT 5 that was made by a separate team.

DiRT 4 was made by the DiRT Rally team. It was DiRT 5 that was made by a separate team.
My bad but it seems that the focus of the game was designed to be different from the get go so it must have been misadvertised.

My bad but it seems that the focus of the game was designed to be different from the get go so it must have been misadvertised.

The Dirt 4 marketing was a bit odd. I remember them talking about Kris Meeks consulting on the handling and stuff and yet even in sim mode it fell short of Dirt Rally.

Just curious; in what sense can't they be compared?
The majority of people aren’t playing the same game based on how heavily modded they are, what mods they have etc., so comparisons fall apart. Not to mention that modding flat out ignores several rules and boundaries a modern game has to adhere to, like vehicle licensing and development funding.

WRC will be the same game for everyone essentially, so it’s easier to define what it is and what it is not.

Last edited:
Just curious; in what sense can't they be compared?

Exactly what @PJTierney said. It isn’t comparable for a multitude of reasons, variability, funding, rules as PJ said, but also the vast majority of console players will never see or touch a modded RBR or F1 Challenge etc. So the comparisons fall apart quite quickly.

Last edited:
The good version of RBR is supposed to be the one created by the community, fleeing from the initial physics "created" by a great pilot and person like Richard Burns. Curious. "We all want a worthy successor to RBR, with realistic graphics." Well, it already exists... DR\DR 2.0... and maybe WRC ;)

DR\DR 2.0 does not have a good and a bad version... they are all good ;). Sorry :lol:

Last edited:
The good version of RBR is supposed to be the one created by the community, fleeing from the initial physics "created" by a great pilot and person like Richard Burns. Curious. "We all want a worthy successor to RBR, with realistic graphics." Well, it already exists... DR\DR 2.0... and maybe WRC ;)

DR\DR 2.0 does not have a good and a bad version... they are all good ;). Sorry :lol:

Apart from the tarmac physics 🫣

Quick test in DR2, Fabia R5 & heavy rain.

You can initiate slides with the brakes but otherwise there's tons of grip.

Personally, I really hope the cars feel heavier and less floaty in WRC. DR2 feels so... vague? It's looking pretty good so far (IMO anyway), but it's hard to tell just from video.

Ali

Personally, I really hope the cars feel heavier and less floaty in WRC. DR2 feels so... vague? It's looking pretty good so far (IMO anyway), but it's hard to tell just from video.

That’s generally how real rally drivers initiate slides, left foot braking and such.

Compare it to real footage on a fast wet Finland and the car has grip, there’s obvious moments like going through the deeper puddles that unsettle the car but overall there’s a lot of speed and grip being carried through the stage. with slides being initiate by the brakes and the driver when needed.

That’s generally how real rally drivers initiate slides, left foot braking and such.
Yeah, I'm not saying it's wrong :P. What bothers me is how little wheelspin there is (in any car) coming out of hairpins and stuff. Any time I'd expect to get proper wheelspin cars just seem to sort of bog down for whatever reason.

Ali
Yeah, I'm not saying it's wrong :P. What bothers me is how little wheelspin there is (in any car) coming out of hairpins and stuff. Any time I'd expect to get proper wheelspin cars just seem to sort of bog down for whatever reason.
In some cars you need to clutch kick to spool up the turbo.

The Skoda is a modern car with a lot of grip. Drive an Aston Martin or any RWD on wet gravel to see what happens xD.

Captura de pantalla (85).png

Ali

2'25" Do you always take square rights like that? :eek:👍

What makes u excited?
Is it going to be a game supported for years or every year they are going to make a new one?

It has an incredible car list, quite possibly the best one I’ve ever seen for a rally game, coupled with Codemasters sound design, it’s a rally fans wet dream. It has the most unique stage KM of any modern rally game, by almost double. It’s building on the physics foundation laid by Dirt rally 1 & 2 l, which to me means we’ll be getting solid physics, excellent controller playability and improvements in key areas like tarmac driving.

We’ve also waited decades for Codemasters to hold the WRC license, knowing full well what they could do with it.

Then there’s the things we’ve learned since, moments mode sounds brilliant, completely rebuilt environments with some of the longest stages we’ve seen, builder mode, deeper career mode than expected. So much to look forward to in a game that costs £40.

It has an incredible car list, quite possibly the best one I’ve ever seen for a rally game, coupled with Codemasters sound design, it’s a rally fans wet dream. It has the most unique stage KM of any modern rally game, by almost double. It’s building on the physics foundation laid by Dirt rally 1 & 2 l, which to me means we’ll be getting solid physics, excellent controller playability and improvements in key areas like tarmac driving.

We’ve also waited decades for Codemasters to hold the WRC license, knowing full well what they could do with it.

Then there’s the things we’ve learned since, moments mode sounds brilliant, completely rebuilt environments with some of the longest stages we’ve seen, builder mode, deeper career mode than expected. So much to look forward to in a game that costs £40.
But we know already if they are going to do a new game every year or they are going to stick with this gsme like for 2/3/4 years before to put out another game? I hope is like thst because annual release is the worst idea ever now days.

But we know already if they are going to do a new game every year or they are going to stick with this gsme like for 2/3/4 years before to put out another game? I hope is like thst because annual release is the worst idea ever now days.

No one has that answer, even Codemasters/EA aren’t 100% certain yet.

I think 2024 could be an update, I don’t think there’s massive changes in WRC, aside from the additions of Latvia and Poland to the calendar, replacing Estonia and Mexico, there isn’t much else. So the cost of development vs cost of a season update vs new game is potentially much tighter.

2025 however could see bigger changes, with a technical refresh to Rally1 regulations, new tyre supplier, and rumours of USA, Saudi Arabia and Ireland as host rallies not going away. As this would naturally take a lot more work than the 2024 season, I could see this being a full release rather than an update as there would potentially need to be revised tyre physics, 3 huge new rallies which are all vastly different plus a technical overhaul in Rally1, which is , firstly, a huge amount of work to undertake, but also, not cheap and needs a full priced end product to make it worthwhile.

Back