EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,025 comments
No one has that answer, even Codemasters/EA aren’t 100% certain yet.

I think 2024 could be an update, I don’t think there’s massive changes in WRC, aside from the additions of Latvia and Poland to the calendar, replacing Estonia and Mexico, there isn’t much else. So the cost of development vs cost of a season update vs new game is potentially much tighter.

2025 however could see bigger changes, with a technical refresh to Rally1 regulations, new tyre supplier, and rumours of USA, Saudi Arabia and Ireland as host rallies not going away. As this would naturally take a lot more work than the 2024 season, I could see this being a full release rather than an update as there would potentially need to be revised tyre physics, 3 huge new rallies which are all vastly different plus a technical overhaul in Rally1, which is , firstly, a huge amount of work to undertake, but also, not cheap and needs a full priced end product to make it worthwhile.
Thank u for the great explanation. Let’s see. I think it’s more cost related. Every sport game should not be annual release but a food recresh every 2/3 seasons. Same for f1, fifa, nba etc… but of course they make much more moments with annual releases.

Thank u for the great explanation. Let’s see. I think it’s more cost related. Every sport game should not be annual release but a food recresh every 2/3 seasons. Same for f1, fifa, nba etc… but of course they make much more moments with annual releases.
So, are you in ?

Hmmm, you might not like FM if on PC, currently there are a lot of problems. It will all work out in the end no doubt. Could be a perfect time to ditch that PS5 and get a Series X ! 😄

Hmmm, you might not like FM if on PC, currently there are a lot of problems. It will all work out in the end no doubt. Could be a perfect time to ditch that PS5 and get a Series X ! 😄
Not for me series x eheh and i am huge fan of psvr2. It changed everything. Gt7 in vr is completely insane. I was hoping for a vr version of f1 and wrc but nothing yet. It changes completely the way u play. It is not even possible to explain until you try it.

We should see and hear a good bit more detail on the game from the 12th (Thursday) as content creators and influencers will be able to share their views on the game as well as possibly footage and stuff we haven’t seen yet. Get ready for the onslaught.

Sim uploaded his latest breakdown. The bit about seasons only being cosmetic is pretty disappointing.

He's changed up his background music I think while still keeping the sax that @PJ loves :lol:🎷

Really enjoying Sim's analyses so far; he's currently the only commentator on this game I've seen who's worth watching for me. To my ears he has the right mix of entertainment and techical content while being mercifully free of the rancour and silly cutaway soundbites which plague a lot of modern YouTubers these days.

He seems to be aimed at a slightly older target audience as I suspect the game itself is, compared at least to non rally racing titles.
After Ride 5 and Forza Motorsport came out I am not going to have any confidence in WRC (they both are good games but not as good as I expected)
I have slightly more confidence in this game than in Forza atm based on the pre release footage. Hopefully this won't change after launch as with Forza although that pre release footage seems to have been more comprehensive or at least better showcased than that game to me.

Last edited:
Sim uploaded his latest breakdown. The bit about seasons only being cosmetic is pretty disappointing.

I can’t see they’d bother implemented winter conditions if it didn’t have a physical effect. Hopefully it’ll get elaborated on with the gamer hands on this week. It does look quite grippy still but Jon is a very good driver and we don’t know what tyres it’s running or anything. Hopefully it is more than just a visual effect.

Edit: For those who thought the Rally1 Hyundai sounded off, it was using placeholder audio taken from the i20 R5. Confirmed by a Codemasters Sound guy on discord.

Last edited:
Credit to XeniaJesse on Discord for this.
IMG_0488.jpeg

I’d already done the overall length comparisons but the comparisons of longest, shortest and average stage lengths is very cool.

Look who has decided to follow this thread because he preordered the game :sly:

Althought I preordered at my usual Gamestop and they said to come friday, not 3 days earlier like everyone else :ill:

Not that I’ve seen but it’s something I could work on tonight if I don’t get beaten to it.
I started to work on something too when the game will come out :D Something like "Throwbacks to the entire CMR series in EA WRC" :mischievous:

OK, since I took my website down last year, I had to grab this from Waybackmachine, and it's only up to WRC 9 but we can still extrapolate data from it. Keep in mind that I count reverse versions of stages as unique km. DR2.0 data in parenthesis is the base game + DLC.

So, you can see from this data that WRC 9 at the time was #1 with 515 unique km. I calculate this by adding up the short stages and their reverse iterations, then adding the km in epic stages forward and reverse that are not part of the base stages (yes there are some of these like the Epic Stages in Mexico and Sardinia). DR2.0 is easier to add up because only the longest stages are unique km (all shorter stages are pieces of the long ones).

RankGameUnique kmLocationsStagesPikes Peak
1WRC 9514,501381No
2SLRE495,60864
3WRC 8481,371474No
4WRC 7345,881352No
5DiRT Rally 2.0297,52 (628,05)6 (13)24 (52)No
6DiRT Rally279,45624
7DiRT 4505N/ANo

I would estimate that WRC Generations, given KT included about 90% of everything they had ever done since WRC 7, would come in at about 800km (I haven't done the exact calculation).

Now, let's look at EA WRC: 600 unique km according to the developers. However, that does NOT include reverse versions, which brings that number to a whopping 1200km! And apparently that does not include Central European Rally which will add about 30km x 2 more, which should get us to nearly 1300km.

That is a lot of stage km!

[EDIT] Translated table head from Spanish to English [/EDIT]

Last edited:
I started to work on something too when the game will come out :D Something like "Throwbacks to the entire CMR series in EA WRC" :mischievous:
That idea is becoming more diluted to a "EA WRC - Locations Showcase" because I don't wanna leave behind some of them :lol: But the throwbacks will still be there, of course :sly:

Last edited:
Back