Emergency Update Incoming NOT 1.07

This emergency update may have a lot to do with them messing many of the cars handling especially high powered rear wheel drive cars. There was this FIA one make race on Maggiore that used 911 GT3 RS and the cars are horribly twitchy in the corners it refuse to stay put and tail like the infamous 930 Turbo level of Oversteer but without logic,any corner on Maggiore will provoke the car to go sideways.
The car was so unstable to the point that four or five people just gave up within 2 minutes in the race.
Good thing I be able to powerslide through some of corners but for the untrained hands this car currently can drive you crazy try to drive it without TCS same thing with my GT by Citroen and many other.

Glad I'm not the only one. The best 911 experience I've had is the 996.2 GT3 in Forza 6. If you don't set that car up properly on corner approach, it'll understeer like anything. Get it right and it sticks like glue, that natural traction out of corners expected of a RR car. The way the GT3 RS drives in GT on its default settings is an abomination.

I downloaded the update this morning.

I was c.90% of the way to DRS before... now I seem to be 99.9999% there (can't see any gap at the end of the progression bar).

Same for me too. Looks like they've made it easier to gain levels. :confused:

VXR
Glad I'm not the only one. The best 911 experience I've had is the 996.2 GT3 in Forza 6. If you don't set that car up properly on corner approach, it'll understeer like anything. Get it right and it sticks like glue, that natural traction out of corners expected of a RR car. The way the GT3 RS drives in GT on its default settings is an abomination.

GT3RS has +1.00 rear toe on stock settingss... the primary reason it handles so poorly. Remove this, and it's much better :)

My post has more accurate info than the news. It's not more accurate ratings if I end up at level S.

The only way this could be any sort of improvement is if you can lose progress even quicker.

Perhaps it depends if you are looking at your absolute or relative to others positioning.

They have adjusted the bands to reflect the player population capabilty. Stotty for instance is clearly very quick so moves up. towards S quicker. Others like me in low D may well stay in low D.

I would not personally see this as a major expansion of S rating drivers anyway. They presently number less than 1% - see Milouse stats.

Had a good couple of hours testing (race cars) and I'm loving the update to the physics. The TC is very smooth and progressive while getting the power down without it is nowhere near as knife edge as it used to be. Very enjoyable.

Having never driven a real race car though, I have to wonder if they're really that easy to drive...

Can they update it so that when opponents go off track they actually loose speed at a realistic rate? Tired of seeing guys shortcut through sand.

Im not a fan of slowing down your car to a hault almost for hitting a barrier. I never liked that in old GTs,just not realistic at all because of penalty you al of a sudden slow down completely. Was happy i didnt see it in gt sport but I guess they had to bring it back :P

Had a good couple of hours testing (race cars) and I'm loving the update to the physics. The TC is very smooth and progressive while getting the power down without it is nowhere near as knife edge as it used to be. Very enjoyable.

Having never driven a real race car though, I have to wonder if they're really that easy to drive...
Ultimately it has to be a compromise to give the most enjoyable approximation possible sat in front of a telly. They probably are a bit more forgiving but if they were completely identical then it would be even harder than in real life. In a real car you have much more information, you can see and feel so much more.

I've driven a few cars on tracks and I feel pretty sure that if I had spent the same 100 hours of track time to practice in a real car that I've already spent in GT Sport not to mention the hundreds of hours in other games over the years then I would be able to get a car round a track in a pretty reasonable fashion. I obviously wouldn't be any kind of world class driver but then neither are a lot of the people who race cars in real life, most of them are only out there because they can afford it.

Ultimately it has to be a compromise to give the most enjoyable approximation possible sat in front of a telly. They probably are a bit more forgiving but if they were completely identical then it would be even harder than in real life. In a real car you have much more information, you can see and feel so much more.

I've driven a few cars on tracks and I feel pretty sure that if I had spent the same 100 hours of track time to practice in a real car that I've already spent in GT Sport not to mention the hundreds of hours in other games over the years then I would be able to get a car round a track in a pretty reasonable fashion. I obviously wouldn't be any kind of world class driver but then neither are a lot of the people who race cars in real life, most of them are only out there because they can afford it.

Also I would think depends on the type of race car. Is it set up for Sprint races or for endurance where consistent laps are key.

Personally I always get the feeling thst GT physics are set up for the latter rather than on the edge lapping. I've read comnents that GT3 etc real cars are very stable and easy to drive until you take them to the edge.

No real life experience so just an impression....

Anyone knows if they fixed the hand movement in the interior? It was rediculously slow after 1.06. They got it spot on until 1.06, so I'm hoping they reverted it back.

PD mentioned many times that "driving is for everyone", now it is, even 5 year olds can enjoy the game.

Unfortunately for me the fun is gone, no challenge driving these cars anymore, somebody wrote it feels like a train simulation, sadly i have to agree. Hope this other company will soon fix their PS4 racing game, then i'm off ;-)

Perhaps it depends if you are looking at your absolute or relative to others positioning.

They have adjusted the bands to reflect the player population capabilty. Stotty for instance is clearly very quick so moves up. towards S quicker. Others like me in low D may well stay in low D.

I would not personally see this as a major expansion of S rating drivers anyway. They presently number less than 1% - see Milouse stats.

They soon will be a massive expansion of S rated drivers and they'll be around a 1.5 second a lap gap between the pace of them from Alien to shouldn't be S drivers.

It took me one race to get to S since the update and I lost a position in the race (from second to third) and it would have been more but the guy in front slowed as he must have had a penalty.

PD mentioned many times that "driving is for everyone", now it is, even 5 year olds can enjoy the game.

Unfortunately for me the fun is gone, no challenge driving these cars anymore, somebody wrote it feels like a train simulation, sadly i have to agree. Hope this other company will soon fix their PS4 racing game, then i'm off ;-)

Once again, why should driving quickly be difficult?! I've done track speeds on country roads in my younger days. It wasn't difficult, the car didn't fight me and it was only an E36 320i, not exactly track spec. People who think driving quickly should be more challenging are quite perverse. It's not the 60s with live axles, rudimentary tyres etc. The last 50 years of all car development has been to extract the most from the motor car, including its traction and grip.

VXR
Once again, why should driving quickly be difficult?! I've done track speeds on country roads in my younger days. It wasn't difficult, the car didn't fight me and it was only an E36 320i, not exactly track spec. People who think driving quickly should be more challenging are quite perverse. It's not the 60s with live axles, rudimentary tyres etc. The last 50 years of all car development has been to extract the most from the motor car, including its traction and grip.

So you say a kid that can barely hold a controller can be as fast as me with a wheel, because TCS, Counter Steering, etc. help going around the track in full speed without slowing down on exit of corners?

I agree with you on many points probably and of course it's good that cars are easier to drive, but there should still be some challenge in racing, else it becomes boring - like driving a train or Formula 1 ;-)

So you say a kid that can barely hold a controller can be as fast as me with a wheel, because TCS, Counter Steering, etc. help going around the track in full speed without slowing down on exit of corners?

I agree with you on many points probably and of course it's good that cars are easier to drive, but there should still be some challenge in racing, else it becomes boring - like driving a train or Formula 1 ;-)

If a 'kid that can barely hold a controller' is as fast as you with wheel it's your problem not the games... TCS and CSA do not make you faster, they only allow you to be more consistent (by reducing errors/crashes).

Anyone who's half decent with a wheel should be able to annihilate all but the most skilled pad users (and skilled pad users are few and far between).

They soon will be a massive expansion of S rated drivers and they'll be around a 1.5 second a lap gap between the pace of them from Alien to shouldn't be S drivers.

It took me one race to get to S since the update and I lost a position in the race (from second to third) and it would have been more but the guy in front slowed as he must have had a penalty.

I've been getting matched with the very fastest drivers in Europe since I reached DRA some time ago, and I'm typically a second off their pace (in quali and race). Doesn't bother me so much as the racing is top quality, but wins/poles are very rare!

Apologies if you're one of the ones setting top ten times all the time but if not then you're probably like me with lots of room for improvement and if you're getting beaten by "a kid that can barely hold a controller" then that's not really the fault of the game. Also if you want a game where using a wheel confers a big advantage then this isn't it, you'd be better of playing iRacing on a PC or something. Making the game so that wheel and pad users can compete is something that I think they've actually managed really well, even if it does mean assisting the pad users to an extent.

Dr

Most people might able drive cars very fast but not many can push them to their limits on any track!

That kind of is the point of aids, yes. The challenge, I suppose, is to be faster than them despite that. The trouble is, all everyone wants is to win, so they take all advantages they can for themselves and deny everyone else their advantages. The way PD treats players is a simple reflection of this pretence, and is something I was worried about with Sport mode from the start.

I don't know how it works in Sport, but online you can set what aids are allowed - maybe pick different tyre compounds whilst you're at it. I'm sure there are plenty of leagues around if you can schedule your time.

I've been getting matched with the very fastest drivers in Europe since I reached DRA some time ago, and I'm typically a second off their pace (in quali and race). Doesn't bother me so much as the racing is top quality, but wins/poles are very rare!

Yes it won't change the matchmaking much, it's a visual thing really. In my opinion those guys (aliens) deserve some sort of recognition but being a S rated driver is now not that, as it's become to easier to get, even when it was probably too easy before the update too. Maybe they just need a rank above S. :crazy:

Dr

Most people might able drive cars very fast but not many can push them to their limits on any track!

Agree entirely.

Perhaps we need to distinguish between qualifying - fastest possible lap on the limit taking risks - and racing - consistent laps of at least 15-20 using race craft -- in these discussions.

Too often it seems as if many are looking to replicate qualifying not racing in these discussions. Even in (boring ?) formula 1 the cars are specially set up to achieve qualifying and even the best make mistakes as its a once off on the limit target.............

Yes it won't change the matchmaking much, it's a visual thing really. In my opinion those guys (aliens) deserve some sort of recognition but being a S rated driver is now not that, as it's become to easier to get, even when it was probably too easy before the update too. Maybe they just need a rank above S. :crazy:

At least it helps keep you away from the lower classes :)

Let's see what happens when someone fills the DRS bar - maybe there is a class above.

After testing the Porsche 919 Hybrid in just couple corners at Interlagos with racing hard tires, it's safe to say this update fixed the TC problem :), it feels like a LMP 1 car should now 👍.

Oh? You've driven an LMP1 car before? That's awesome man.

Absolutely agree... Kinda felt a little special when you came across an S ranked driver, was a bit of a goal of mine to try and beat one at some point but that's tainted a little now... Maybe a just call it Alien rank, that's kinda what s was really...

Back